Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Old 07-22-2009, 11:02 AM   #1
Ltespd

Drives: 2010 SS, 2006 SC Saleen
Bad experience from Dealer in CT.

A few days ago a 2SS/RS RJT manual was posted in this forum for sale. I called the dealer, talked to the salesman Tim Wedge. Yesterday I talked to him and told him I wanted to buy the car. He tells me he would like to sell me the car, but doesnt know if the dealership will sell it to me. Telling me they (sales manager)had said they wanted to keep the sale local. Even though from the start he knew I was in San Diego. So I asked him, why is the car being advertised on a nationwide forum? He told me to call the sales manager tomorrow. I did.
The sales manager tells me the same thing. They want to keep the sale local, and they have a right to sell to whoever they want to...and that now the car is sold.
Tim was a cool guy. I think he really would have liked to sell me the car. The sales manager was a ......
I told him I was going to relate this experience in the forum He seemed to care less.
Richard Chevrolet 1405 Highland Av. Cheshire CT. 06410 (203-272-1000)

Last edited by Ltespd; 07-22-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Ltespd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:13 AM   #2
2010 CAMARO SS RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
thank you.....

why keep it local.....no reason.......
2010 CAMARO SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:16 AM   #3
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
Wow. I guess they DO have the right to sell it to whoever they want, I would surmise the reason they want to keep it local is for serviceing in the future.

But, odd.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:25 AM   #4
Ltespd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Kid View Post
Wow. I guess they DO have the right to sell it to whoever they want, I would surmise the reason they want to keep it local is for serviceing in the future.

But, odd.
Yep, the sales manager did mention they want to service the car. But I can easily get it serviced at my local Chevy dealer. Unless I'm missing something...I don't see what difference it makes.
I'm sure I'll find a car. Just gotta keep looking.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:38 PM   #5
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
For the record..... I put it on this forum, not Richard Chevrolet, I don't work there or have any ties... other than the fact that they treated me like I have never been treated at a car dealership.....I did it as a courtesy to other members here that may be looking for a car.... and just assumed it would be someone closer than all the way across the country.
I'm not sure what's involved with selling a car that far away, but I bet it's a little involved.
I purchased mine from there and can tell you this..... I have never dealt with a friendlier, more customer oriented dealership in the 30 years that I have been buying new cars....and unless the staff and ownership there changes, they'll be getting any of my future car business as well.
Ive heard the same from many others....some on this forum as well.
Sorry it didn't work out for you.
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:51 PM   #6
Ltespd

"...and just assumed it would be someone closer than all the way across the country.
I'm not sure what's involved with selling a car that far away, but I bet it's a little involved."

If you ship the car 200 miles or 2000 miles. Whats the difference?I pay the shipping company. They come get the car and ship it to me.
But its all good. There's more cars out there. I just wish I was treated as good as you were.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:03 AM   #7
chevygsmciccio

Drives: 2010 Camaro
For the record

First I would like to say I apoligize for the dissapointment, I know that if I were looking to buy something and I was not able to I would be dissapointed myself. For the reason of why not sell it out of state. We have 16 Camaros on order and first off like to give anyone who has to wait for theirs an opportunity to take advantage of this opportunity, secondly we would like to sell it locally due to the fact that, yes you do get the service but secondly you gain a customer that lives local and is an advocate for the dealer. I know for some this may not make sense and I apoligize for those who don't. We are a dealer who wants to take care of our customers, the customers who have made Richard Chevrolet what it is today.

Frank Gaudio
GSM
Richard Chevrolet
chevygsmciccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:22 AM   #8
Ltespd

I was dissapointed because I thought I had found my car. But its ok. It'll just make it even sweeter when I do get what I'm looking for.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:37 PM   #9
chevygsmciccio

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I hope you find exactly what you are looking for. All the best.
chevygsmciccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 05:50 PM   #10
bluman

Drives: '10 Corvette GS/'13 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Kid View Post

But, odd.
got more $$ for the car...
2010 Camaro SIM/CGM RS/2LT VIN #310 SOLD

2010 Corvette Grand Sport
bluman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 06:02 PM   #11
3 SS's

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluman View Post
got more $$ for the car...
MSRP..... is MSRP
Old 07-26-2009, 07:16 PM   #12
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Drives: Raptor
Most people that buy out of state already have their financing in place. A huge money maker for the dealer. Though shipping is handled buy the buyer, a seller can look at as an aggravation having to be a mediator in the process. Buyer tells seller when pick up is, seller has to sign off on inspection with the shipper and such.
I personally believe that a seller can sell to whom ever they want too. However if they choose to play it like that then just have the stones to advertise it that way. Don't waste my time. It's as valuable to me as your motives are as a seller to you.
CGM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:45 AM   #13
Verio
Taking it 1 day at a time

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS Auto
Send a message via MSN to Verio
There are so many variables that happen shipping a vehicle cross country.

What if it's damaged when it arrives?

I'm glad that some dealers are enforcing local sales. They are selling to their potential customer base in the future. Do you think you would purchase another car from Richard, living in San Diego? This dealer makes a small profit from Invoice > MSRP. The longterm profit of a lifetime customer is worth much more to them than a quick sale
Verio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:06 AM   #14
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
I ordered my Camaro from Richard Chev. From the initial order until as late as PM yesterday Frank Gaudio has been nothing but 100% professional. My car was due last Sunday 8/16 but has still not arrived. Frank has kept me updated by Email, Workbench copies, etc. After trying to order my Camaro from 4 other dealers before finding Richard Chevrolet, I know how fustrating this process can be. I would recommend Richard Chev to anybody.
myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:00 PM   #15
lcmc

Drives: 1987 IROC Z convertible
If the car is for sale and you have the funds to pay the asking price they can't refuse to sell it to you.
lcmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:15 PM   #16
gold5000000

Drives: n/a
hey i'm right near there, i'll be sure to keep away
gold5000000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 04:36 AM   #17
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold5000000 View Post
Did you read all the posts on this thread ?. Richard Chev is great. Many, many Camaros ordered and sold by this dealer without any problems. That Calif guy is way off base. I have no ties to this dealer and highly recommend them. I tried to order from 4 other closer Chev dealers and found they would outright lie or didnt know what they were talking about or wanted non refundable deposits, etc...... Again, I had no problems at Richard Chevrolet.
myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:00 PM   #18
3 SS's

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold5000000 View Post
Ridgefield , right near there?? even if it's not....and it's not, it'd be worth the trip up there to get their kinda service.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:04 PM   #19
BAD BRAD

Drives: 1969 CAMARO 2010 CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevygsmciccio View Post
First I would like to say I apoligize for the dissapointment, I know that if I were looking to buy something and I was not able to I would be dissapointed myself. For the reason of why not sell it out of state. We have 16 Camaros on order and first off like to give anyone who has to wait for theirs an opportunity to take advantage of this opportunity, secondly we would like to sell it locally due to the fact that, yes you do get the service but secondly you gain a customer that lives local and is an advocate for the dealer. I know for some this may not make sense and I apoligize for those who don't. We are a dealer who wants to take care of our customers, the customers who have made Richard Chevrolet what it is today.

Frank Gaudio
GSM
Richard Chevrolet
I HAVE BOUGHT AND SOLD CARS FOR YEARS THAT IS THE DUMBEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD!!!
BAD BRAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 04:40 PM   #20
Ltespd

Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
Did you read all the posts on this thread ?. Richard Chev is great. Many, many Camaros ordered and sold by this dealer without any problems. That Calif guy is way off base. I have no ties to this dealer and highly recommend them. I tried to order from 4 other closer Chev dealers and found they would outright lie or didnt know what they were talking about or wanted non refundable deposits, etc...... Again, I had no problems at Richard Chevrolet.
I eventually found and bought the car I wanted. But I was not off base about the dealer. The car was advertised for sale on this forum. I wanted to buy it. The dealer wouldn't sell it to me.
Out of 100 customers that go to this dealership maybe 99 are treated good. I just happen to fall into the 1 percent that wasn't. Here's the car I bought. I'm happy
Attached Images

Last edited by Ltespd; 08-22-2009 at 04:58 PM.
Ltespd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 08:37 PM   #21
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
I find that out of State cash is just as green as Wisconsin Cash. I didn't see any difference in Rich's, Sue's, or Scotts money....Heck, Scott's money wasn't even frozen coming from Alaska. If/when anyone needs something in the future, I would hope they give me another opportunity to sell them their next car or truck. And Scott is already on the Camaro Scotty Z28 list

We have other sales staff that can focus on the local car market, but I like selling nationally more. But I also have many camaro's sold locally - the other sales staff tend to give me all the Camaro customers, because they say I know a little bit about the car.

But on the other hand, I sell the COMPLETE LINE of Chevy's. And if I can beat someones deal on any other car in the line up, I will do my best to do it! Just last week someone mentioned how they liked their local dealer, and were soon going to buy a truck. I asked him to give me a chance for the truck, and he did. He is saving just over $1000 from that local dealers best price.

A customer's a customer - whether they live down the road, or 10 states away, in MY book.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:57 PM   #22
3 SS's

Listen...... I posted the car on this forum.......not the dealer, they didn't ask me to , and now... I'm sorry I did.... I saw the car and found out someone backed out on a sale and thought I'd throw it on here in case someone local(Northeast) was interested, I had no idea that someone from across the country was going to pursue this car.
I have heard nothing but good about Richard from everyone that's dealt with them and had a great sales experience myself.
They chose not to sell the car across country...so be it, you can't trash them because they wanted to keep the car local, if they were advertising it nationally, that'd be a different story...but they weren't.
End of story.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:40 PM   #23
Cheshirelaugh

Drives: 2010 SIM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 SS's View Post
Listen...... I posted the car on this forum.......not the dealer, they didn't ask me to , and now... I'm sorry I did.... I saw the car and found out someone backed out on a sale and thought I'd throw it on here in case someone local(Northeast) was interested, I had no idea that someone from across the country was going to pursue this car.
I have heard nothing but good about Richard from everyone that's dealt with them and had a great sales experience myself.
They chose not to sell the car across country...so be it, you can't trash them because they wanted to keep the car local, if they were advertising it nationally, that'd be a different story...but they weren't.
End of story.
"No good deed goes unpunished" -anon
Built 5/15
Delivered 6/19
Picked-up 6/22
Cheshirelaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:25 PM   #24
Ltespd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 SS's View Post
Listen...... I posted the car on this forum.......not the dealer, they didn't ask me to , and now... I'm sorry I did.... End of story.
Its cool. I agree...end of story.