Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-14-2014, 10:39 AM   #562
inferno camaro

Drives: 2010 camaro pace car, 2008 cts bl,
I had cut back to 1500-2000 for a couple weeks and didn't see any loss, maybe I just didn't give it enough time.
Mods, 2r max cam, ls3 conv,kooks lt w/hf cats,kooks street sleeper cat back with magnaflow res x-pipe, roto fab cai, v-max TB, vigilante 3700 stall, 3.70 LPE, 442hp/392tq, Mike Norris Tune 11.71@116.24 1.63 60' m&h DR's
inferno camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:40 AM   #563
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno camaro View Post
I eat 900- 1400 calories a day and drink roughly 10 12oz glasses of water per day. The only exercise I do is treadmill 3 times a week 20-30 min. Can't run since I had a torn meniscus repaired back in Dec and it still won't allow me to run so I walk 4mph 8% incline. I will do light lifting on a bowflex machine 2-3 times per week approx. 20 minutes.
900? That doesn't sound too healthy to me... how many meals you eat? Do you drink protein shake?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
Are you already particularly small? I didn't go back and read to see if you already have mentioned your size or not, but 900 calories in a day is very little, so unless you're very petite, you might be undereating...
we need a photo buddy!
Monchy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:42 AM   #564
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Were you exercising before you started cutting calories?

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia

"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box."
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:44 AM   #565
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Quote:
I had cut back to 1500-2000 for a couple weeks and didn't see any loss, maybe I just didn't give it enough time.
This is a slow process... even if you don't see any changes there happening! Remember you look at yourself every day so you don't notice the changes right a8, but others do...
Old 03-14-2014, 10:50 AM   #566
inferno camaro

Three small meals and I have a whey protein powder I mix with water. I tend to avoid cameras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monchy36 View Post
900? That doesn't sound too healthy to me... how many meals you eat? Do you drink protein shake?

we need a photo buddy!
Mods, 2r max cam, ls3 conv,kooks lt w/hf cats,kooks street sleeper cat back with magnaflow res x-pipe, roto fab cai, v-max TB, vigilante 3700 stall, 3.70 LPE, 442hp/392tq, Mike Norris Tune 11.71@116.24 1.63 60' m&h DR's
Old 03-14-2014, 10:56 AM   #567
inferno camaro

Off and on but not consistently. I'm fine in the winter but summer time I'm always on the go and don't exercise and its just to easy to grab crap food. I will be at my lowest weight early may and highest end of Nov. I'm sure its partially not committing to exercise and partly the type of summer foods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
Were you exercising before you started cutting calories?
Old 03-14-2014, 11:02 AM   #568
Mydivorcegift
When is soon?

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monchy36 View Post
You know already! LEGS DAYYYYY!!! Since I notice a nice improve on my legs muscles that motivate me to forget the pain and push it!!! It hurts so much that I love it! plus I hit shoulders too...
Where's my video?

www.agpturbo.com
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:04 AM   #569
Mydivorcegift
When is soon?

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
I tend to avoid cameras.
Why? If you have a problem confront it head on and don't be an ostrich.

Can I just ask....you used the word "petite"...

Are you male or female?

www.agpturbo.com
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:18 AM   #570
inferno camaro

Someone asked if I was petite and I said nope. Male, and I'll get a picture up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
Why? If you have a problem confront it head on and don't be an ostrich.

Can I just ask....you used the word "petite"...

Are you male or female?
Old 03-14-2014, 11:28 AM   #571
inferno camaro

You ask for it so here you go
Attached Images

Old 03-14-2014, 11:30 AM   #572
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Off and on but not consistently. I'm fine in the winter but summer time I'm always on the go and don't exercise and its just to easy to grab crap food. I will be at my lowest weight early may and highest end of Nov. I'm sure its partially not committing to exercise and partly the type of summer foods.
Well if you weren't exercising consistently, your first couple of weeks you actually gain some water weight. Yeah, I know everyone says you lose it, but that's not really true. When you start exercising consistently, your muscles will start to look bigger, and that's because they are holding more water now that they are being used. In this case, it probably will be 3-4 weeks before you notice any big changes. That's why it's so important to also use a tape measure instead of just a scale. Get that measurement around your waist. There have been 2 or 3 weeks in a row where my scale didn't budge, but my waistline went down 3/4 of an inch.

Give it time. It's painfully slow at first, and it'll pick up as your body gets into a routine.

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia

"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box."
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:42 AM   #573
HollyVenus
The girl with the 2 Danes

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
I eat 900- 1400 calories a day and drink roughly 10 12oz glasses of water per day.
how are you eating these calories?
I found out when I was with my trainer that it was not WHAT I ate that was keeping the weight... it was HOW I was eating! I swear I eat more now than I did when I was a big girl!

Quote:
keep in mind you didn't gain it over night and you won't lose it overnight! keep on keppin' on you will see changes

Here is a progression photo (my goal was to lose weight) my goal is to lose a little but trim back up! This was by following a strict meal plan, 1 hour work outs 3 nights a week. (we did arms and upper body Mon, lower body and legs Tues then core and Cardio Thursday) I got obsessive and started running 2 miles a day on lunch here at work, down the street, around the property and cut up through the middle. My trainer ended up upping my protein intake so that I wouldn't do muscle damage, there is a point when you can break down your muscles and start loosing it along with the fat!

Name:  progress.JPG
Views: 136
Size:  151.3 KB
Old 03-14-2014, 11:44 AM   #574
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
How do you measure body fat?

My hubby loves his Body Scale! It measures all kinds of stuff, like Body Fat %, Bone Density, Water, and Muscle Mass in pounds, plus of course your weight. The key with a scale is to weigh yourself first thing in the morning. Hubby writes down and averages his numbers monthly, then by six months, and finally yearly averages.

His scale is made by Taylor, but there are a gazillion makers/models out there, Amazon, Walmart etc. You don't need a hi end model, under $40 on sale is plenty good. You have to plu-in a few numbers, age, sex, height, and activity level. Are they dead-on, probably not, but it will be consistent day after day if you're, no good if one morning you write down your numbers before breakfast and the next day wait till before going to bed. Key is like with anything in life, you got to be consistent.

Lastly, it gives you the number of calories it takes to maintain your current weight, and then the number of calories you should consume at your ideal weight, which is based mostly on Body Fat %!

My hubby for example needs to consume approximately 3,300 calories a day for his ideal weight! The more muscle the body has the more calories it needs to consume/maintain. Protein in every meal! Plus all you can eat veggies and fruit! NO PROCESSED FOODS - EVER!!!
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:51 AM   #575
inferno camaro

I assume you mean what kind of foods do I eat. A lot of chicken, most snacks are fruits I will eat a few carbs but not much. I do have a weekness for peanut putter and have a small spoon full like every other day. I do have one fountain diet pop 3or4 days a week.

You have made some big changes congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyVenus View Post
I found out when I was with my trainer that it was not WHAT I ate that was keeping the weight... it was HOW I was eating! I swear I eat more now than I did when I was a big girl!

keep in mind you didn't gain it over night and you won't lose it overnight! keep on keppin' on you will see changes

Here is a progression photo (my goal was to lose weight) my goal is to lose a little but trim back up! This was by following a strict meal plan, 1 hour work outs 3 nights a week. (we did arms and upper body Mon, lower body and legs Tues then core and Cardio Thursday) I got obsessive and started running 2 miles a day on lunch here at work, down the street, around the property and cut up through the middle. My trainer ended up upping my protein intake so that I wouldn't do muscle damage, there is a point when you can break down your muscles and start loosing it along with the fat!

Attachment 607743
Old 03-14-2014, 11:58 AM   #576
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
Where's my video?
I keep forgetting to take my phone with me, I don't like to take things that distract me out of my workout... I get in, get down and get out! Going to ask wife to take a video at home...

Quote:
You ask for it so here you go
Just need trim the waist area... that was not that bad right?
Old 03-14-2014, 12:01 PM   #577
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyVenus View Post

Attachment 607743
You go girl! bad @$$ girl with a bad @$$ car!
Old 03-14-2014, 12:07 PM   #578
inferno camaro

Its always those love handles that I fight