Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Camaro Fest Discussions > 2014 Camaro5 Fest (V)


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2014, 08:39 AM   #183
racergirl
Black Thunder
 
racergirl's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2LS Camaro
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Metairie, LA (LSU)
Posts: 4,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenner View Post
Haha true. So I guess I'll try to not embarrass myself
None of us want to embarrass ourselves. Since they are a lot of newbies coming, I don't think you'll embarrass yourself. We all had to start somewhere. They also have people who have been doing this for a while; people from both the v6 and v8 fast lists, including yours truly.
__________________
BONE STOCK: 13.953@100.77 With Bolt-Ons: 13.646@101.60
With 75 shot and Bolt-Ons: 12.587@111.25
Performance Mods: CAI Intake, MRT V2, SLP Underdrive Pulley
racergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:00 AM   #184
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 7,128
It is all for fun, so no need to worry about it. There will be plenty there more than willing to give you pointers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
__________________
New Ride -- 2015 Z06 2LZ (stock) -- Journal
Old Ride -- 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS (647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ) -- Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:53 AM   #185
Jenner

 
Jenner's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Placentia, CA
Posts: 2,142
I know it's dumb, but it's the drag racing I'm worried about cause I've never done it. Autox I've done once and I'm comfortable with it I did pretty good actually
Jenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:57 AM   #186
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 5,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
It is all for fun, so no need to worry about it. There will be plenty there more than willing to give you pointers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Unless your name is Derrick and you're too chicken sh!t to do the AutoX..



__________________
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:01 AM   #187
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 7,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Unless your name is Derrick and you're too chicken sh!t to do the AutoX..



Can I borrow your car?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
__________________
New Ride -- 2015 Z06 2LZ (stock) -- Journal
Old Ride -- 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS (647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ) -- Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:04 AM   #188
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop
 
V6owner's Avatar
 
Drives: One Badass 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rosenberg, TX
Posts: 2,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Unless your name is Derrick and you're too chicken sh!t to do the AutoX..



Or if you own an auto....
__________________
2014 Black 2SS/RS 1LE
V6owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:04 AM   #189
racergirl
Black Thunder
 
racergirl's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2LS Camaro
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Metairie, LA (LSU)
Posts: 4,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenner View Post
I know it's dumb, but it's the drag racing I'm worried about cause I've never done it. Autox I've done once and I'm comfortable with it I did pretty good actually
Take it from me. I've just started drag racing at the end of October. I was nervous too, but I had my dad to help me out. And it also helped that I've been around drag racing my whole life. I'm still fairly new to drag racing, and sometimes I still get nervous. We are here to help. But practice makes perfect; you could even be on the fast list one day
__________________
BONE STOCK: 13.953@100.77 With Bolt-Ons: 13.646@101.60
With 75 shot and Bolt-Ons: 12.587@111.25
Performance Mods: CAI Intake, MRT V2, SLP Underdrive Pulley
racergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:07 AM   #190
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 7,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6owner View Post
Or if you own an auto....
With a single disk 4000 stall converter. If it was a stock converter I would give it a go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
__________________
New Ride -- 2015 Z06 2LZ (stock) -- Journal
Old Ride -- 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS (647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ) -- Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:13 AM   #191
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 5,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Can I borrow your car?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Sure.




Quote:
Originally Posted by V6owner View Post
Or if you own an auto....
Them fight'n words





Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
With a single disk 4000 stall converter. If it was a stock converter I would give it a go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
ohhh Yeah forgot about the stall.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
__________________
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:13 AM   #192
Jenner

 
Jenner's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Placentia, CA
Posts: 2,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by racergirl View Post
Take it from me. I've just started drag racing at the end of October. I was nervous too, but I had my dad to help me out. And it also helped that I've been around drag racing my whole life. I'm still fairly new to drag racing, and sometimes I still get nervous. We are here to help. But practice makes perfect; you could even be on the fast list one day
And you're on the fast list already? I haven't been able u practice because the closest strip to me was only 1/8 until recently that they opened the 1/4 again. I'll be practicing soon.
Jenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:27 AM   #193
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros
 
K1SSRSS's Avatar
 
Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Las Cruces, NM
Posts: 1,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenner View Post
And you're on the fast list already? I haven't been able u practice because the closest strip to me was only 1/8 until recently that they opened the 1/4 again. I'll be practicing soon.
Heck, practice on the 1/8th also. 90% of a drivers ability is getting a quick 60' time, the other 10% is shifting, that is if you have a manual anyway.
__________________

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:44 AM   #194
Jenner

 
Jenner's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Placentia, CA
Posts: 2,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1SSRSS View Post
Heck, practice on the 1/8th also. 90% of a drivers ability is getting a quick 60' time, the other 10% is shifting, that is if you have a manual anyway.
Oh cool. I'll see which one is closer
Jenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:03 AM   #195
racergirl
Black Thunder
 
racergirl's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2LS Camaro
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Metairie, LA (LSU)
Posts: 4,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenner View Post
And you're on the fast list already? I haven't been able u practice because the closest strip to me was only 1/8 until recently that they opened the 1/4 again. I'll be practicing soon.
My third trip to the track I made the number one spot on the fast list.
__________________
BONE STOCK: 13.953@100.77 With Bolt-Ons: 13.646@101.60
With 75 shot and Bolt-Ons: 12.587@111.25
Performance Mods: CAI Intake, MRT V2, SLP Underdrive Pulley
racergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:05 AM   #196
racergirl
Black Thunder
 
racergirl's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2LS Camaro
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Metairie, LA (LSU)
Posts: 4,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1SSRSS View Post
Heck, practice on the 1/8th also. 90% of a drivers ability is getting a quick 60' time, the other 10% is shifting, that is if you have a manual anyway.
Usually with manuals, you'll get a good 60' as compared to the auto.
__________________
BONE STOCK: 13.953@100.77 With Bolt-Ons: 13.646@101.60
With 75 shot and Bolt-Ons: 12.587@111.25
Performance Mods: CAI Intake, MRT V2, SLP Underdrive Pulley
racergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.