Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Camaro 1LE Forum Camaro 1LE Package releated discussions

Old 01-24-2014, 11:12 PM   #51
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMWNERW View Post
Sorry, didn't read your post...was replying to the OP. Only joking of course.
I know I thought it was funny too, just may have replied while I was too riled up. I may get hammered here, but I do like the 14 in the color red you have, it seems to make the front end look right to me. I hadn't seen one in that color before.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:29 PM   #52
JMWNERW

Drives: '14 RRM 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1SSRSS View Post
I know I thought it was funny too, just may have replied while I was too riled up. I may get hammered here, but I do like the 14 in the color red you have, it seems to make the front end look right to me. I hadn't seen one in that color before.
Thanks, and no worries, I've learned '14 owners who actively participate in this forum need to have a thick skin.
JMWNERW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:42 AM   #53
charlie46

Drives: 2013 camaro 1le
I know I am going to take heat for this on a camaro fourm and generate hate mail but my opinion is wait for the 2015 mustang gt its going to be an awesome car , lighter and faster than the current gen5 camaro. We all know the gen5 camaro beat the current generation mustang gt hands down in looks and performance . The 1 le also beat the boss 302, but the 2015 mustang gt starting point is faster than the boss 302. Dont get me wrong I love my 1le but the 2015 mustang gt improvements are too great to be ignored .Just my two cents.
charlie46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:28 AM   #54
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Drives: 2013 GXH 1SS/1LE 2012 Malibu LTZ
The secret is out on the 1LE package. Everyone is PRO 1LE. I bet the '14 numbers are double what the '13 production numbers are. I know the dealership I work for has already sold 7 '14 1LEs compared to the 4(including mine) '13s with 4 more '14s still in stock. Everyone knows what they are and what a good deal they are. I traded in my modded '12 for a '13 and I lost about 7k in mods but I would do it all again. Even the '12 SS with the better FE4 over the FE3 still cant hang with this FE6. The 285s out front help a ton, and the electric steering is way better than the '12 and prior hydraulic pump stuff.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:02 AM   #55
motorhead

Drives: yummy
If it was me I would drop the rs package and get the better seats. Then you'll have the best 2014 1LE you can get. The 14 1LEs without the rs package look 100 times better than the ones with it plus you save money.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:45 AM   #56
J-vette

Drives: '14 1le
I would take the mods off (headers,etc) & use them on the '14. Must get the npp. Don't get it & look back, but if you do get it you WILL NOT look back.
J-vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:00 AM   #57
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
OP, that is a sweet car, that 1 LE. i have a black 2 LT, and yes black is maintaince, but the color rocks. i am not a fan of the recarros though, i may be in the minority, but i just think they look gaudy to me, as opposed to the standard buckets. but to each their own, but that car you are looking at is very nice!! good luck
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:24 AM   #58
jumpshot233

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2ss 1le Summit White
There will always be something better and faster. Also, you can always wait to the new model and get a better car. It should be a better car than our 1le's if not, Ford will have some big problems.
jumpshot233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:43 AM   #59
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine

Drives: A Z51 or a 2014 1LE?
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie46 View Post
I know I am going to take heat for this on a camaro fourm and generate hate mail but my opinion is wait for the 2015 mustang gt its going to be an awesome car , lighter and faster than the current gen5 camaro. We all know the gen5 camaro beat the current generation mustang gt hands down in looks and performance . The 1 le also beat the boss 302, but the 2015 mustang gt starting point is faster than the boss 302. Dont get me wrong I love my 1le but the 2015 mustang gt improvements are too great to be ignored .Just my two cents.
No hate here, however the new Mustang...sorry not a fan of the looks at all. Reminds me more of the Mustang II design. The first year (this Gen) Boss looks good. But I'm a Camaro guy always have been and fortunately the 5Gen is reminiscent of the 1Gen which is even more popular today than ever. Great looks and performance...why buy a Mustang?
Old 01-25-2014, 10:45 AM   #60
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTG View Post
A modded car will never sell for what a packaged car will sell for.
That's like saying a Supercharged car would sell for what a ZL1 would sell for.

A 1LE will sell for more than an SS that was modded to be close to what a 1LE is, I guarantee it. Plus you get more for your buck by buying the 1LE package. Price the wheels alone out.

As far as looks, it's ones preference. I'm not going to get in that debate. It's been beat to death.
Different strokes for different folks.
I believe the whole thing is personal preference. Everything in life has consequences. Just do your homework then pick a direction and go.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:48 AM   #61
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by husker463 View Post
I am going to disagree right there on the bolded part above. If you were to get Factory GM wheels that are on the 1LE (Not aftermarket look-alikes) the wheels are $1095 a piece from GM for a total if you were to go buy a set for $4380, then a set of the tires ~1200, so you are now up to $5580. Then $600 for a good vinyl wrap, Now you are at ~$6200. So not even close to your $2000 price tag.

Now, you cannot get Recaro's yet for the '10-'13 year models that are factory, which just about every person I have talked to that has the 10-13 yr model would give a left nut/ovary for them. And that is just from the SS to the 1LE.

And this is just IMO, but I prefer the looks of the '14's over the other years. More aerodynamic, not as gaudy front end and just looks cleaner. I have NOTHING against the 10-13's, but I am glad I didn't have the $ back then because I absolutely love the 14. Every aspect of it. So, take is for what its worth, if you were to poll it, yes you would get more people liking the 10-13 models because there are far less people that own the 14. It would not only be 1 sided, it wouldn't even be a contest. Everyone is going to love the style of Camaro they have or chances are they wouldn't still have it. I could go on, but I am going to stop. I love all Camaro's, and thats a fact.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:12 AM   #62
Q'smuscle
life with muscle

Drives: 2013 Camaro BRM 1LT/RS & Impala
Quote:
Agreed.

Sure you can mod your current car to death. But we all know you won't get anything back on it, so why not buy new?
The older 10-13's are dated, I'm not trying to down anyone's car as I love them all. But why else would GM do a "refresh''.

And encase you needed a little more persuasion.

A pic of mine.

The looks are dated to only those that want them to be! I don't see the 10-13 Retro look dated. So I guess the 14 taillights are refreshing? ??? That design been dated since the 80's because almost every car than had those. The Squish front is more modern ofcourse because it's not a Retro styling.But I'm not putting down the 14's just to make a point.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:24 AM   #63
Q'smuscle
life with muscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
No hate here, however the new Mustang...sorry not a fan of the looks at all. Reminds me more of the Mustang II design. The first year (this Gen) Boss looks good. But I'm a Camaro guy always have been and fortunately the 5Gen is reminiscent of the 1Gen which is even more popular today than ever. Great looks and performance...why buy a Mustang?
100% agree! Right on the money!
Old 01-25-2014, 11:28 AM   #64
LBreezie

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthshaker6 View Post
I can't help talk you out of it as I am still considering selling mine to get a 1LE and start over on the mods!!! Bwahahahaha
Your car is a beast though!
LBreezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:15 PM   #65
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Black 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
The looks are dated to only those that want them to be! I don't see the 10-13 Retro look dated. So I guess the 14 taillights are refreshing? ??? That design been dated since the 80's because almost every car than had those. The Squish front is more modern ofcourse because it's not a Retro styling.But I'm not putting down the 14's just to make a point.
The side by side tails have been around for ever, look at a Corvette.

And I didn't put down anyone's car. I said I love them ALL.

I have designed a lot of graphics for the 5th gen to prove my love of this car.
I only stated the 10-13 looks dated and I stand by that opinion.

That's not a knock just an observation. How many people own a 10'-13' and hate the Radio or the steering wheel? Why? Because it looks old to them they want to update them with more refined options and that's what I did when buying a 14'.
I loved my old 2010 SS but there were things I didn't like about it.
The 14' addressed those issues.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:30 PM   #66
Q'smuscle
life with muscle

Quote:
The side by side tails have been around for ever, look at a Corvette.

And I didn't put down anyone's car. I said I love them ALL.

I have designed a lot of graphics for the 5th gen to prove my love of this car.
I only stated the 10-13 looks dated and I stand by that opinion.

That's not a knock just an observation. How many people own a 10'-13' and hate the Radio or the steering wheel? Why? Because it looks old to them they want to update them with more refined options and that's what I did when buying a 14'.
I loved my old 2010 SS but there were things I didn't like about it.
The 14' addressed those issues.
BTW I love your 1LE designs that you have recently made for the fenders. I do notice your great work on them.
Well you did put down 10-13s look by saying ( dated ) . That's definitely not a compliment! And you're wrong! I don't know where you have got your information from but the 13's and 14's have the same interior. The 12's just don't have the mylink. So ofcourse it's a big difference from a 10 camaro but I love all of them because my favorite are the 11's for the Retro gauges and HUD in one car.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:40 PM   #67
SSTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
BTW I love your 1LE designs that you have recently made for the fenders. I do notice your great work on them.
Well you did put down 10-13s look by saying ( dated ) . That's definitely not a compliment! And you're wrong! I don't know where you have got your information from but the 13's and 14's have the same interior. The 12's just don't have the mylink. So ofcourse it's a big difference from a 10 camaro but I love all of them because my favorite are the 11's for the Retro gauges and HUD in one car.
I said the 14' had all the things I liked, newer steering wheel, Mylink and newer Exterior.
Btw, dated is not a bad thing always. My favorite Corvette is the 5th gen (I've owned three of them) and it's definitely dated. But I love them.
I love the 10-13's also, just not as much as the 14'.

Thanks for the kind words on the 1LE designs and sorry if anyone took me the wrong way. That's one of the problems of a keyboard.
Anyone that knows me personally knows I'm a good guy. Not a bad bone in my body!

P.S. 13's don't have the Recaros.
Just being funny...
Old 01-25-2014, 02:11 PM   #68
Q'smuscle
life with muscle

Quote:
I said the 14' had all the things I liked, newer steering wheel, Mylink and newer Exterior.
Btw, dated is not a bad thing always. My favorite Corvette is the 5th gen (I've owned three of them) and it's definitely dated. But I love them.

Thanks for the kind words on the 1LE designs and sorry if anyone took me the wrong way. That's one of the problems of a keyboard.
Anyone that knows me personally knows I'm a good guy. Not a bad bone in my body!

Just being funny...
Hahaha ... got me there! Even though I love the look of the standard seats more. I say the 141LE's are the only factory 14's that looks like a beast to me. So you do have good taste!
Old 01-25-2014, 02:58 PM   #69
2013 1LE

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Yeah but 13's don't a have a portable BBQ grill on the hood. Jk lol
Quote:

Just being funny...
Old 01-25-2014, 03:05 PM   #70
SSTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 1LE View Post
Yeah but 13's don't a have a portable BBQ grill on the hood. Jk lol
Touche!
Old 01-25-2014, 04:49 PM   #71
motorhead

Drives: yummy
Quote:

Just being funny...
The 14 1LE is a mean looking SOB. Best looking 5th gen to date.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 05:33 PM   #72
Q'smuscle
life with muscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
The 14 1LE is a mean looking SOB. Best looking 5th gen to date.
Opinions!
Old 01-25-2014, 06:05 PM   #73
oldfriend

Drives: 2010 SS BLK IO interior
Hey, OP , hello, oh , sorry , you are really busy signing the paperwork , good for !
Old 01-25-2014, 07:39 PM   #74
RazorLED

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie46 View Post
in that case why not just wait for the 6th generation Camaro which is going to destroy the 2015 Mustang GT
RazorLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:13 PM   #75
SD1LE

Drives: 2014 RRM 1SS 1LE
First, you can order a 1LE to your spec, i did it November 11 and received it Dec 28th. So under two months. So with that being said i would pass on the one you saw and order exactly what you want. Personally I would drop the 2SS and get the 1LE package on a 1SS and then add Recaro seats, performance exhaust, RS package and rear vision package. What you miss out on from 2SS is Heads up display gauge cluster, leather seats, heated mirrors, universal home remote, Boston acoustic sound. With the 2SS you are paying for leather seats so if you get Recaro's with that you are double paying for seats up front and who needs leather in the back seats. The gauge cluster is redundant because the driver info display shows the same info you just have to scroll to it and in my opinion the cluster is in a stupid location anyway. Depending on where you live you may or may not need heated mirrors. So the only thing you are really missing out on is the heads up display and Boston sound if you get the 1SS with the options i mentioned.

Now for pricing. I got mine with the options I listed and paid 42500 out the door which was several thousand below MSRP. I tried holding out for 40000 out the door but because I was being very specific with what i wanted and no one had it on their lot I ended up putting in the order and paying a little more then i wanted. Love it and don't have any regrets.

Last edited by SD1LE; 01-25-2014 at 10:46 PM.
SD1LE is offline   Reply With Quote