Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

RDP Motorsport
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:51 PM   #1
chuckclanton

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
PFADT ZL1 sway bar setup?

Okay, I put 285 super sports square on 10in Nurbgering wheels. Zl1 bars on the way. My analysis of their stiffness says hole 1 front and hole 2 rear. Tyler at DPS says hole 2 in the front! According to PFADTs graphs front hole 1 is 20% stiffer than the front 1LE bar and hole 2 rear is 26% stiffer.If I go to hole 2 in the front now the front bar is stiffer than the rear compared to the 1LE setup! Any experienced(track, autocross) users of ZL1 bars?
chuckclanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:54 PM   #2
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2012 VR 2SS RS M6
auto X, staggered setup, middle hole in the rear, softest setting(hole closest to the firewall or rear most hole) for the front. Square setup try middle hole for both and see how you like it
#1 car 2010 Black 2LTRS 1/28/10-10/15/11, 17900 miles
#2 car 2012 Red 2SSRS 10/15/11-
Mods: Outlaw Axelback & J Pipes /Magnaflow resonated X Pipe/Heritage&Stillen Grill/Halltech CAI/Apex Scoop,Washer Bottle/OEM Strut Tower Brace/VMax T/B/ G.M. Blade Spoiler/SLP Splitter/TSW Nurburgring wheels & Michelin Super Sport tires/JBA Shorty Headers,HiFlow cats & tune/Remote Clutch resovoir/ Pedders Supercar coilovers and Pedders 27mm/32mm ZL1 Spec sway bars / Whiteline craddle Inserts & Upper rear arm bushes/ 416/414 RW HP/TQ
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:57 PM   #3
chuckclanton

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
auto X, staggered setup, middle hole in the rear, softest setting(hole closest to the firewall or rear most hole) for the front. Square setup try middle hole for both and see how you like it
okay. Autocross again next month in vegas. Thanks
chuckclanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:17 AM   #4
tw78911sc

Drives: 14 1SS Camaro 1LE, NPP, Recaros
The 1LE rear bar is larger than the front bar from the factory, I too spoke with him and he said their car is set to position 2 front and back. Factory is setup to make the car push at the upper end of being pushed for safety sake. Both ends are easy to adjust and can be done while the car is on the ground so I wouldn't worry about it. Tires/driver feel can make a big difference between cars or even different drivers in the same car. I'm going to start with 2/2 and tweak after I get a few sessions in at the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckclanton View Post
okay. Autocross again next month in vegas. Thanks
tw78911sc is offline   Reply With Quote