Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Jason 98 TA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Camaro 1LE Forum Camaro 1LE Package releated discussions

View Poll Results: The wife says get a Vette, what should I do?
Keep the 1LE, it is awesome and makes the most sense. 45 18.07%
Live the dream, get the Stingray before time runs out. 162 65.06%
Sell the the house and all the cars and live in a trailer in Key West. 42 16.87%
Voters: 249. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-27-2014, 01:54 PM   #76
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
I guess my question is, If payments or cost aren't an issue why didn't you get a Corvette to begin with? Maybe you like the Camaro more which means you should keep it. I love my Camaro but would do Corvette if I had the chance.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:35 PM   #77
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
Cue the jeopardy music. DECISIONS DECISIONS??????????
trashmanssd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 03:54 PM   #78
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
If I had the money and didn't need a back seat I would get a vette.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:00 PM   #79
Tmick5jr
Todd

Drives: 2012 camaro 1lt RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Stock John View Post
What do you want?

You ain't lying about housing costs, I'm from there (May Landing, etc).
from mays landing as well
Tmick5jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:00 PM   #80
charlie46

Drives: 2013 camaro 1le
When I was car shopping before I bought my 1le my wife told me to get the c6 vette but I liked the camaro better, the c7 however is a different story I would love to have one.
charlie46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:00 PM   #81
Fraxum

Drives: 2013 TT IOM 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
I can't believe so many people have to check with their wives. Every time I buy a car or motorcycle part, ironically a new pair of shoes shows up at the door a few days later. It's like don't ask don't tell!
Parts are one thing, whole cars are another. After a big promotion I brought a new car home. It didn't go so well. Now I check first. Things go much smoother.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:10 PM   #82
hiddenangels89

Drives: 2012 SS Camaro L99
I voted, but wish to change my answer lol

Get the vette. one day you (as we all will) will wake up and have that 'i wish i would have...' feeling. get the vette, you've had your fun with the Camaro, time to move up. Splurge a little.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:15 PM   #83
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
I guess my question is, If payments or cost aren't an issue why didn't you get a Corvette to begin with? Maybe you like the Camaro more which means you should keep it. I love my Camaro but would do Corvette if I had the chance.
Good question. I wanted a Corvette but I knew I would be bothered by the little things. But now it sounds like Chevy has fixed the interior and taken the rest of the car to another level.

I have been doing my Vette research And I am wondering if I don't want a base 1LT with just NPP. Since mostly I drag race for motorsports fun , I wonder if I need the Z51 and MRC. The 1LT is very well equipped and the only thing missing is Homelink. The base Vette still is a great handling car. But then the Z51 is such a good deal, like the 1LE package. If I get the base car and get a discount, it would not be much more than my loaded 1LE. And yet every time I go out to the garage I look at the 1LE and want to keep it.

But it very clear what most of you would want to do. You only live once! I think most Camaro buyers are only live once people. Good company.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:19 PM   #84
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Good question. I wanted a Corvette but I knew I would be bothered by the little things. But now it sounds like Chevy has fixed the interior and taken the rest of the car to another level.

I have been doing my Vette research And I am wondering if I don't want a base 1LT with just NPP. Since mostly I drag race for motorsports fun , I wonder if I need the Z51 and MRC. The 1LT is very well equipped and the only thing missing is Homelink. The base Vette still is a great handling car. But then the Z51 is such a good deal, like the 1LE package. If I get the base car and get a discount, it would not be much more than my loaded 1LE. And yet every time I go out to the garage I look at the 1LE and want to keep it.

But it very clear what most of you would want to do. You only live once! I think most Camaro buyers are only live once people. Good company.
Buy the c7, keep the Camaro.. You def don't need the z51 unless you want the black wheels if you are looking to drag race. Auto x would be a different story.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:21 PM   #85
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
If you are ever in CT I'd be glad to let you rip around in the c7. Should be back from the blower/cam/meth/converter/gear install in two weeks.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:47 AM   #86
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Buy the c7, keep the Camaro.. You def don't need the z51 unless you want the black wheels if you are looking to drag race. Auto x would be a different story.
$500 option or Plasti-Dip? Easy choice. I want black for $2.95. Yes, I would like to keep the Camaro, but as I work from home (for now) I do not drive much and only have a 1 car garage. The 1LE is by far my favorite car I have ever owned. Everyone who has one should feel lucky. That is what makes this so hard. And if I do decide to order I will have to stop dragging it and I also will have to remove my LTs and CAI yet again.

What makes this decision harder is I want to buy a special house on the Mullica River. Buying the Vette would make this harder.

And I want to AutoX too. While there is no way I could use the Z51 at 9/10s without training, it would be fun to have that option. And it is a great deal. I keep looking at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
If you are ever in CT I'd be glad to let you rip around in the c7. Should be back from the blower/cam/meth/converter/gear install in two weeks.
Wow! Looking for 9s in your Vette too?? Wish I lived closer. You have a thread for that animal?
Old 01-28-2014, 05:52 AM   #87
Fraxum

I know what you are thinking, make a decision already. Flame me if you must. It is very clear what the poll says. Sorry.

This is an interesting thread about how we make the decisions to buy these cars. Still undecided. But if I do it I will order a 2015 as soon as they become available. There might be some interesting new choices. I am wishing for some warmer weather so I can take the 1LE out in the mean time. If I do it the wait will be pleasant in the 1LE.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:05 AM   #88
WHAMMO

Drives: LS2 Fbody
I say keep the 1LE, you only had it for 6 months, its too short. If you can wait a year, you could get a good deal on a used/like new C7 and have best of both worlds.

Plp say life is short get the Vette, but its not like you are driving a Reliant K lol...I do not recall seeing anyone beeing 59 and driving a 1LE!!

Dont forget the 6th gen Camaro is coming soon too...might wanna hold on to that 1LE till then.

Id rather buy C6 Z06(thats me)..even if the C7 is a hell of a deal!!
Old 01-28-2014, 06:20 AM   #89
Gary24

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS 1LE
You should wait for the Z06 when it comes out.
Gary24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:33 AM   #90
mcsoul

Drives: some day soon a 1LE I hope
I don't see the c7 with z51 as any more tempting than a ZL1,
and you choose the 1LE over the ZL1. I would wait for something
that makes all those folks who spent 70's for a vette want to jump
off the nearest roof.
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:43 AM   #91
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
It's tough call but I have been going back and forth on C7 or Camaro my self. I am leaning towards Camaro. For me I don't think its worth the extra 12 grand for a 1LT or they extra 20 grand for 2LT (which is what I would really want) plus the extra sales tax then they extra excise tax (we pay local excise tax in mass not sure if you do in NJ) higher insurance. To me I think I can get 95 percent of the enjoyment out of a Camaro that I would get from a C7. Its a constant balance between living for today and saving for tomorrow. I have had a few chances to buy toys and regretted my decision but when i have the regret from spending it was worse then the regret from not spending.
trashmanssd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:57 PM   #92
69Tom

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS/RS
I've always been of the mindset that, if it's THAT difficult of a decision, it probably isn't worth doing it (or I really don't want it as badly as I think).

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the new Vette, but that's just me. If they ever style one similar to 63-67, sign me up. Until then, I'm gonna enjoy my 1LE. I still think it's one of the best bargains out there for a vehicle.
69Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:32 PM   #93
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary24 View Post
You should wait for the Z06 when it comes out.
Out of my price range for sure. Later if I go with the Vette and get the Z51, I can add FI to get close to Z06 performance. Although I am sure the Z06 will be more than just that. But I would prefer a turbo or centrifugal. I don't know if either would fit in the cramped engine compartment.

I think a Cammed and bolton C7 will be a 10 second car. That would be fast enough for me. I wonder if that would require a cage?

Last edited by Fraxum; 01-29-2014 at 09:11 AM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:36 PM   #94
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsoul View Post
I don't see the c7 with z51 as any more tempting than a ZL1,
and you choose the 1LE over the ZL1. I would wait for something
that makes all those folks who spent 70's for a vette want to jump
off the nearest roof.
I really like the ZL1, but it was just too heavy for me. Awesome all around car. My car will list for high 50s, and if I wait for a 2015 order I just might get a discount on a Z-51 order. Right now all Z-51s I see are MSRP or MSRP+ADM.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:53 PM   #95
CobraR

Drives: 2014 1LE
I would go sit in one. I tried both types of seats in the C7 and do not fit. The seat back is just to narrow for me to fit.
CobraR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:56 PM   #96
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
It's tough call but I have been going back and forth on C7 or Camaro my self. I am leaning towards Camaro. For me I don't think its worth the extra 12 grand for a 1LT or they extra 20 grand for 2LT (which is what I would really want) plus the extra sales tax then they extra excise tax (we pay local excise tax in mass not sure if you do in NJ) higher insurance. To me I think I can get 95 percent of the enjoyment out of a Camaro that I would get from a C7. Its a constant balance between living for today and saving for tomorrow. I have had a few chances to buy toys and regretted my decision but when i have the regret from spending it was worse then the regret from not spending.
This! No regrets for me on the 1LE. If you don't mind paying the slight 1LE ride penalty to get a very trackable car, then you will like the 1LE. But Z06 performance is above the 1LE with a much more sophisticated suspension and diff, and auto rev matching and adjustable MRC shocks. Can't wait to try it. It might just be me, But I enjoy driving a very controlled car even at 5/10ths. The 1LE also is a very good handling car. It is old school suspension well matched to the tires and the chassis. But technology can raise that to a higher level. So the upside to the 1LE is that it is cheaper to own in the long run with less potential problems. Even forgetting the price savings there is a good feeling to that.

No extra tax here in NJ on the car. But we get completely screwed on real estate taxes. And NJ never even sends you any cigarettes.

I would want to keep both cars. But its not feasible. If I did my dream would be a 416 stroker with a built bottom end, big cam, heads, and 2 inch LTs for the 1LE. Say mid 550s RWHP NA. But building that would cover most of the price difference between the 1LE and the C7 LT1 Z-51.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:59 PM   #97
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraR View Post
I would go sit in one. I tried both types of seats in the C7 and do not fit. The seat back is just to narrow for me to fit.
I will have to try it. I am a little wide in the shoulders (46) but not abnormally so. I had a BMW with sport seats and my shoulders just fit.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:08 PM   #98
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Tom View Post
I've always been of the mindset that, if it's THAT difficult of a decision, it probably isn't worth doing it (or I really don't want it as badly as I think).

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the new Vette, but that's just me. If they ever style one similar to 63-67, sign me up. Until then, I'm gonna enjoy my 1LE. I still think it's one of the best bargains out there for a vehicle.
Well for me its spending money I would rather use for something else like a dream house. But for various reasons that option most likely not pan out. So probably I will buy the Corvette. The other part of the indecision is the 1LE is so good. It is a big improvement over my '11 SS even though the suspension was worked. Now the 5th Gen can stand some improvement that I am sure is coming with the 6th gen. But that might not be enough to make me jump ship from the 1LE.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:20 AM   #99
molsonbrador

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 99 Silverado
I've seen you at ATCO. That freakin thing is awesome. Keep it...for now.
molsonbrador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:38 AM   #100
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonbrador View Post
I've seen you at ATCO. That freakin thing is awesome. Keep it...for now.
Thanks! Did I meet you at the Black Friday event?

And BTW, I may have opened a possibility of buying my river dream house instead of the Corvette. It has a three car garage (!) and needs a lot of work. Fixing it up would be a labor of love. Anyone know a a good electrician that will work in Atlantic county?

There should be another poll option to buy a vacation house instead of a corvette. Same concept.

Dream House > Corvette. This is why I am so undecided. To knock my bucket list down by one it will be Corvette or the house. I spent a lot of time at the house as a kid. To me it is the most peaceful place in the world.

If the house happens I will be installing the 1LE tow hook and heritage grill in the garage this spring. And since the 1LE will be around for a while, I will add a tune.

And in that case molsonbrador I will take your advice. And push off the Corvette for a few more years. It is interesting the "Keep the 1LE" poll option is losing. Buying the Corvette is the runaway choice. I have been reading up on the Stingray. It may be, considering the price, the best performance car in the world.