Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Camaro 1LE Forum Camaro 1LE Package releated discussions

Old 02-03-2014, 11:29 AM   #26
Ir0nM4n

Drives: 14 1LE
Question about yellowing or sunlight. I know someone that purchased a trunk from seibon and it is yellowing. Is there some kind of protection to keep this from happening??? I read somewhere that keeping it out of the sun. Although who doesn't want to drive on sunny days.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:01 PM   #27
Nathan Moreno

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ir0nM4n View Post
Wait WHAT, I could replace my SUN ROOF with this Carbon Fiber ROOF???? That and a Carbon Fiber hood would be outstanding... OH GOD.... Time to save!!!
This would be my recommendation as-well as these pieces are really nice! We are also offering through Pay Pal "no payment, no interest" if paid in full in 6 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ir0nM4n View Post
Question about yellowing or sunlight. I know someone that purchased a trunk from seibon and it is yellowing. Is there some kind of protection to keep this from happening??? I read somewhere that keeping it out of the sun. Although who doesn't want to drive on sunny days.
The pieces are coated with a single layer of UV protectant clear. There are a few things that can minimize our product from changing appearance overtime. We would recommend extra layers of clear coat be applied for extra protection. Heat is an enemy of our product. The use of heat shield is a must when talking about hoods. The heat shield will also minimize the effects of heat coming from the engine bay.

Weather is another factor that should be considered as well. If you know your car will be exposed to the extreme hot sun for a long period of time then keeping it covered would be ideal. The extreme cold should also be considered as well.
Nathan Moreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:59 PM   #28
AG1LE

Drives: '14 RRM 2SS/RS/1LE
Will extra layers of clear coat be an option we can pay extra for (instead of finding another shop to do it after received)?
AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:56 PM   #29
Wilsonation

Drives: 2014 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMWNERW View Post
Will extra layers of clear coat be an option we can pay extra for (instead of finding another shop to do it after received)?

x2. I don't want to have to spend more money on a product after purchasing it just because it only has one coat on it..
10/28/13 TPW
11/2/13 Built and Bayed
11/7/13 Shipped
11/14/13 Brought home!
Wilsonation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:12 AM   #30
Nathan Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMWNERW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilsonation View Post
x2. I don't want to have to spend more money on a product after purchasing it just because it only has one coat on it..
Guys I could understand not wanting to doing anything extra to the pieces. Unfortunately it really wouldn't be cost effective to get them painted here in Cali as our shop rate are higher than pretty much anywhere else in the country.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:17 AM   #31
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
BITD we always had carbon fiber bits cleared by a body shop for UV protection/longevity purposes. Addition coats add some weight, but most people buy the parts for looks.

The CF hood is only 3lbs lighter than the stock hood, and the deck lid was about 10lbs lighter.

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com..._installation/

-Matt

Last edited by Dropspeed; 02-06-2014 at 10:32 AM.
Dropspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:49 AM   #32
Nathan Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
BITD we always had carbon fiber bits cleared by a body shop for UV protection/longevity purposes. Addition coats add some weight, but most people buy the parts for looks.

The CF hood is only 3lbs lighter than the stock hood, and the deck lid was about 10lbs lighter.

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com..._installation/

-Matt
Hey Matt, we agree.

From a production stand point, we have to weight all the scenarios.

• A lot of people will end up paint the pieces. Only leaving a portion expose. So putting extra coats clear will just add to the cost and for the folks.
  • There are folks who are interest in keeping the parts a light as possible, so like you said, for those folks it doesn't make sence.
  • Cost, we are trying to keep it as economical as possible so that the pieces don't get price out of reach.

We were able to source the Z/28 rear diffuser and should have it this week. This is going to be a great value as the plastic piece from GM list for $897 and GM Parts Center has it for $766. Here is the link: http://www.gmpartscenter.net/oem-par...ascia/22997443

So if we can replicate it out of carbon for a price somewhat north of the GM plastic piece, it will be a great option!

Old 02-11-2014, 02:11 PM   #33
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Carbon fiber Z/28 rear diffuser...
Attached Images

Egon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:40 PM   #34
wakespeak

Drives: 2013 2SS LS3/NPP
Can the 2014 hood be cast with altered lines to mate with the the 2013 front fascia?
wakespeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:43 PM   #35
Nathan Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon View Post
Carbon fiber Z/28 rear diffuser...
LOL, OK if you insist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakespeak View Post
Can the 2014 hood be cast with altered lines to mate with the the 2013 front fascia?
That's a thought. Might be ease though to modify the 13 fascia to meet the 14 cowl lines. Lots of guys have done this with the ZL1 fascia.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:02 PM   #36
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Hey Matt, we agree.

• A lot of people will end up paint the pieces. Only leaving a portion expose. So putting extra coats clear will just add to the cost and for the folks.
  • There are folks who are interest in keeping the parts a light as possible, so like you said, for those folks it doesn't make sence.
  • Cost, we are trying to keep it as economical as possible so that the pieces don't get price out of reach.

We were able to source the Z/28 rear diffuser and should have it this week. This is going to be a great value as the plastic piece from GM list for $897 and GM Parts Center has it for $766. Here is the link: http://www.gmpartscenter.net/oem-par...ascia/22997443

So if we can replicate it out of carbon for a price somewhat north of the GM plastic piece, it will be a great option!

Isn't this the new 2014 GM Ground Effects?
Also, can you find out if the Z28 grill is available?
Old 02-12-2014, 08:24 AM   #37
Broke Pilot

Drives: '14 1SS 1LE,'68 Chevelle,'70 Vette
^^ and please make a lower grille to match.
I'm sick of this plastic junk with the ridges in it.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:49 PM   #38
Nutro

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Quote:
Hey Matt, we agree.

Damn how did you get that diffuser? My parts guy said there are Zero in the US.
2011 L99 W/ Kooks Long Tubes, Ported TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Apex Catch can, Stainless Works 3" ZL-1 Catback, Overdriven Maggie @10 Pounds boost putting down 501/535 on a conservative tune. Oh and Forgestar 20's
Nutro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:04 PM   #39
Nathan Moreno

GM has a part number for what they call "GM ground Effect kit". That includes the Diffuser, rockers, splitter. It list for like $2200 bucks for the whole kit. I had my guy call GM and get the individual part number just for the diffuser. Is still extremely expensive at 700 and something dollars. Which is my price. List is 800 and something dollars We're going to replicated it out of carbon fiber and probably won't be too far off the list price. So you might want to wait before you buy one from GM.

Last edited by Nathan Moreno; 02-12-2014 at 05:20 PM.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:28 PM   #40
Nutro

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Quote:
GM has a part number for what they call "GM ground Effect kit". That includes the Diffuser, rockers, splitter. It list for like $2200 bucks for the whole kit. I had my guy call GM and get the individual part number just for the diffuser. Is still extremely expensive at 700 and something dollars. Which is my price. List is 800 and something dollars We're going to replicated it out of carbon fiber and probably won't be too far off the list price. So you might want to wait before you buy one from GM.
But did you actually get one? He didn't see any avail in the US.
2011 L99 W/ Kooks Long Tubes, Ported TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Apex Catch can, Stainless Works 3" ZL-1 Catback, Overdriven Maggie @10 Pounds boost putting down 501/535 on a conservative tune. Oh and Forgestar 20's
Nutro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:50 PM   #41
Nathan Moreno

It was ground shiped and should be here in seven days. There's another dealer the post on this forum that has the whole package on one of their cars in that their showroom floor.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:05 PM   #42
Casperadub70

Drives: 2014 1LE Camaro, 95 Z28 Camaro
Deff ready for some carbon fiber stuff
Old 02-17-2014, 11:08 PM   #43
Nathan Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutro View Post
But did you actually get one? He didn't see any avail in the US.
Pick it up today. Now it's on to the mold making part!

Name:  009.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  102.4 KB
Old 02-18-2014, 04:04 AM   #44
honor first
MURICA!

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
Quote:
The pieces are coated with a single layer of UV protectant clear. There are a few things that can minimize our product from changing appearance overtime. We would recommend extra layers of clear coat be applied for extra protection. Heat is an enemy of our product. The use of heat shield is a must when talking about hoods. The heat shield will also minimize the effects of heat coming from the engine bay.

Weather is another factor that should be considered as well. If you know your car will be exposed to the extreme hot sun for a long period of time then keeping it covered would be ideal. The extreme cold should also be considered as well.
so basically we cant even consider these parts if you live anywhere where it is hot all the time. i.e. texas
AFE Intake, Stainless Power Headers + HFC, BadlanzHPE Electric Cutouts. 315/275 Nittos, Wheels. Debadged, Cosmetic Mods, Sound System, More
honor first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:24 PM   #45
Nathan Moreno

The suggestions are more for preventive care so that folks can enjoy their investment and keep them looking new for as long as possible.

Quote:
The pieces are coated with a single layer of UV protectant clear. There are a few things that can minimize our product from changing appearance overtime. We would recommend extra layers of clear coat be applied for extra protection.

Heat is an enemy of our product. The use of heat shield is a must when talking about hoods. The heat shield will also minimize the effects of heat coming from the engine bay.

Guys will purchase hood and never put some sort of heat sheild. Over time, this can lead to problems. Theres a reason OEM put heat shield.

This would apply to any finish. You'll see cars all the time were the paints has faded and deteriorated over time because of lack of care. Same thing applies to carbon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by honor first View Post
so basically we cant even consider these parts if you live anywhere where it is hot all the time. i.e. texas
OEM are now selling several models with exposed carbon in all parts of the country. So as long as your conscientious and take extra care, you should be OK.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:34 PM   #46
honor first
MURICA!

Quote:
The suggestions are more for preventive care so that folks can enjoy their investment and keep them looking new for as long as possible.

OEM are now selling several models with exposed carbon in all parts of the country. So as long as your conscientious and take extra care, you should be OK.
im interested in these parts if i dont sell the camaro, but for example at my work, it is a completely uncovered parking lot, and the car sits for 10-11 hours a day in the sun. is that going to be a long term issue
AFE Intake, Stainless Power Headers + HFC, BadlanzHPE Electric Cutouts. 315/275 Nittos, Wheels. Debadged, Cosmetic Mods, Sound System, More
Old 02-18-2014, 04:18 PM   #47
Nathan Moreno

Quote:
im interested in these parts if i dont sell the camaro, but for example at my work, it is a completely uncovered parking lot, and the car sits for 10-11 hours a day in the sun. is that going to be a long term issue

Honestly......... Be a car guy and and call me crazy if you want but, you having such a beautiful car, I personally would though a cover over it regardless if it were me.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:45 PM   #48
honor first
MURICA!

Quote:
Honestly......... Be a car guy and and call me crazy if you want but, you having such a beautiful car, I personally would though a cover over it regardless if it were me.
just not feasible for me. not trying to be negative here just asking the questions i have to ask before spending this money
Old 02-22-2014, 11:02 PM   #49
Nathan Moreno

Quote:
just not feasible for me. not trying to be negative here just asking the questions i have to ask before spending this money
Hey Honor I appreciate your questions as it's prudent on your part.The last thing you want to do is assume anything! So don't hesitate to ask away. As fellow enthusiast first, we are in the same boat your in. Just trying to build a nice car we can be proud off. Originally our primary goal was just to make these pieces for our project. We were asked by several members if we could get some made for them. So we've proceeded to make it happen and help other guys at the same time.

Hood Update: The red circles represent all the holes and spot weld being eliminating from the carbon edition. This will make for a much cleaner look. The squares represent every hole that we not cutting out for our personal dry carbon hood. As we are not using the factory liner or the washer jets. So theres no need to make the cuts.

We will keep everyone posted as the project progresses.
Attached Images

Old 02-23-2014, 01:24 PM   #50
DaemonGPF
Redonkulous

Drives: Camaro
SIIIIICK! Love the CF roof concept.

Now I'm picturing my 1LE with a CF hood, roof, trunk lid. That would really add some distinction, not to mention a fair amount of weight savings, and lowering the center of gravity a little bit. My CFO is going to murder me... Just bought the car and already motivated to modify.

DaemonGPF is offline   Reply With Quote