Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics Discussions related to the 5th gen Camaro Z/28 model

Old 02-10-2014, 09:20 PM   #51
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine

Drives: A Z06 or a 2015 1LE?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikebrinda View Post
In the relative short term horizon we will eventually see a hybrid Z28 that outperforms every Z/28 ever built. But this is only the short term.

For example, when you drive a 60's era muscle car (which is to say a 40 year old machine,) a prominent word that surfaces would be, "slop" as in slop in the fit, slop in the finish, slop in the steering, slop in the seats, etc. But we love them all the more for it.

A collectible cars transcends performance alone. Such cars eventually get a free ride by their buyers on what can't do well, or at all. In a paradoxical way their value goes up based in part on what they are not, not what they are. They are memories of a time we will never see again.

This Z/28 is just such a car.
as we age memories become much more important.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:25 PM   #52
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylane765 View Post
There may be a 2016 Z28 that will drive the cost down.
Maybe in the short term, but even then not necessarily. Look at the history of many cars. Check out auctions.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:19 AM   #53
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Drives: 2014 SS sedan
I doubt anyone on this forum would admit to paying over MSRP, like others have said. Now here in Houston it's insane how many people have money and who tries to outbid who to have the first one on the block. '10 Camaro SS were 5K over and sold out. There's a line of people waiting to get their Z51 Stingray cars at 5k over MSRP. You can bet that the Z/28 will be north of 5k over MSRP down here in Houston, but the customers don't see it as a rip off. It is simply supply and demand. Too many people have $$ and want to be seen. Most of them aren't on this forum either. They know they can travel out of state and get one at MSRP, but they want the one in front of them now!
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:29 AM   #54
Skylane765
Splitter washers, jack pd

Drives: 13 ZL1, 14 Z/28, Cessna 182T
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcroft View Post
I doubt anyone on this forum would admit to paying over MSRP, like others have said. Now here in Houston it's insane how many people have money and who tries to outbid who to have the first one on the block. '10 Camaro SS were 5K over and sold out. There's a line of people waiting to get their Z51 Stingray cars at 5k over MSRP. You can bet that the Z/28 will be north of 5k over MSRP down here in Houston, but the customers don't see it as a rip off. It is simply supply and demand. Too many people have $$ and want to be seen. Most of them aren't on this forum either. They know they can travel out of state and get one at MSRP, but they want the one in front of them now!
Yes, I agree. No one will admit to paying over and as we see no one has. There are many many owners that pay over for new cars, the first ZL1 in San Diego went for $15k over. Now you can get them under.
There are other issues in paying more than MSRP in that some do not want to bother looking around because they may use that time making more than the mark up.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:38 AM   #55
Mikebrinda

Drives: Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Azzurro Arge
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcroft View Post
Excellent point about Z/28 buyers and where they are, which is to say, they are sure not here. Another thread that asks for option info from those that have ordered has barely registered any feedback. If the more or less 500 2014 Z/28's have been sold, those buyers are missing out by not visiting here and learning from this community. Not judging anyone for choosing to ignore this board. Simply observing it is a missed opportunity and wondering if they even know this place exists?
Mikebrinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:51 AM   #56
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine

Quote:
Excellent point about Z/28 buyers and where they are, which is to say, they are sure not here. Another thread that asks for option info from those that have ordered has barely registered any feedback. If the more or less 500 2014 Z/28's have been sold, those buyers are missing out by not visiting here and learning from this community. Not judging anyone for choosing to ignore this board. Simply observing it is a missed opportunity and wondering if they even know this place exists?
That proved out in the uproar over the content and then with the expected and established pricing. Most of those on this Z/28 forum were Z/28 diehards. Many are average Joes not able to or willing to part with $75,000+ for their longtime desired car. This Camaro the Z/28 has moved up and on to a new customer base.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:27 PM   #57
Mikebrinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
That proved out in the uproar over the content and then with the expected and established pricing. Most of those on this Z/28 forum were Z/28 diehards. Many are average Joes not able to or willing to part with $75,000+ for their longtime desired car. This Camaro the Z/28 has moved up and on to a new customer base.
An excellent point in social engineering that flew right past me. But now I see a buyer's profile and thought process dialog emerging:

1. Buy any Camaro model? No way.

2. $75,000+ for a Camaro? No way.

3. Oh. Wait. This Camaro is special. Let me take a look.

4. It is worthy. But should I buy?

5. I will buy, because the Z/28 will not embarrass me when my friends ask why I would ever buy a Camaro.

The above may sound ridiculous to those here who read it, but it was meant to describe the thinking of those that are not here, that should be.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:36 PM   #58
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine

Quote:
An excellent point in social engineering that flew right past me. But now I see a buyer's profile and thought process dialog emerging:

1. Buy any Camaro model? No way.

2. $75,000+ for a Camaro? No way.

3. Oh. Wait. This Camaro is special. Let me take a look.

4. It is worthy. But should I buy?

5. I will buy, because the Z/28 will not embarrass me when my friends ask why I would ever buy a Camaro.

The above may sound ridiculous to those here who read it, but it was meant to describe the thinking of those that are not here, that should be.
I'd agree. They would not usually think Camaro when buying. Proof is that some of the most vocal in the Z/28 threads are new here. Also those that were very vocal previously have moved on. My feelings? After pushing for this car for years (while being scoffed at) I see better value in buying a 1LE and adding Z/28 parts to it...or do I buy a Z51 and add Z06 parts to it???
Old 02-11-2014, 12:49 PM   #59
Warpaint69

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS RS
I don't want the car, I just want the LS7 in my 2SS.
Warpaint69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:01 PM   #60
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpaint69 View Post
I don't want the car, I just want the LS7 in my 2SS.
They're available.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:27 PM   #61
2SSRS@Gen5diy
Salt & Pepper 2014 Z/28

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
First this car is not priced where any one can buy it, IMO and next there are only 500 for 2014 so how many do you think will be on this board, 10-20 at most, i think you will see a lot more when the car starts making it down the line, looking forward to pics from the plant.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:45 PM   #62
Mikebrinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
First this car is not priced where any one can buy it, IMO and next there are only 500 for 2014 so how many do you think will be on this board, 10-20 at most, i think you will see a lot more when the car starts making it down the line, looking forward to pics from the plant.
I hear you. But I would propose a different explanation as to why so few of the 500 2104 Z/28 owners are on this board:

This place is for all intents and purposes, invisible to Google.

Suppose you want to know more about the Z/28. Type "2014 Z/28" into Google. What do you get, or more precisely, what don't you get?

This website is not returned as a search result until page 5, over 40 results are returning before this board. Almost nobody will wade through five pages of Google search results to find this website, when the previous 40 websites have offered up what you think is the latest, greatest, information to be had.

What this website needs is some optimization so that it appears higher in the Google search results.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:15 PM   #63
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine

The Z/28 is not a car for the masses as the Camaro has always been. It requires a NEW customer. It is a toy, a trophy not transportation. I fully appreciate it, however it IS way more than the faithful would ever have expected. It's hard for some to get their heads around it. My final thought...it's very cool!
Old 02-11-2014, 04:20 PM   #64
Mikebrinda

Quote:
The Z/28 is not a car for the masses as the Camaro has always been. It requires a NEW customer. It is a toy, a trophy not transportation. I fully appreciate it, however it IS way more than the faithful would ever have expected. It's hard for some to get their heads around it. My final thought...it's very cool!
All true, but I would expect more than the handful here to be here, and I attribute that to my prior post on Google search results.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:15 PM   #65
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
I hear you. But I would propose a different explanation as to why so few of the 500 2104 Z/28 owners are on this board:

This place is for all intents and purposes, invisible to Google.

Suppose you want to know more about the Z/28. Type "2014 Z/28" into Google. What do you get, or more precisely, what don't you get?

This website is not returned as a search result until page 5, over 40 results are returning before this board. Almost nobody will wade through five pages of Google search results to find this website, when the previous 40 websites have offered up what you think is the latest, greatest, information to be had.

What this website needs is some optimization so that it appears higher in the Google search results.
If you search for gen5 z/28 camaro5 comes up on top of first page.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:26 PM   #66
Mikebrinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
If you search for gen5 z/28 camaro5 comes up on top of first page.
If you know enough to type "Gen5" as a search term you hardly need Google to find this place, and you probably know it already exists.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:43 PM   #67
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
What could a person learn about the Z/28 here that they couldn't learn anywhere else?
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:48 PM   #68
Mikebrinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
What could a person learn about the Z/28 here that they couldn't learn anywhere else?
Maybe nothing. But here it is all in one place.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:32 PM   #69
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Quote:
Interesting points. My view is somewhat different.

I started with Chevy, in my car-buying career, but they abandoned me. They kept designing products that diverged more and more, every year, from what I wanted -- both in regards to outright performance and quality.

If you'd told me, five or ten years back, that they'd be building products like the Z/28 and Z06 -- and testing them on the Nurburgring, to boot -- I would've laughed my ass off.

And yet, the Faithful at GM went and made it so! I'm not a new customer, the company just decided to get on with it and resume building cars that I'm interested in. I never went anywhere and my tastes haven't changed; if anything's different it's my higher tolerance for MSRP as the years (and my earning ability) have increased. I feel very blessed that Chevy came out with the perfect car for me, and that I'm at a point in my life where I can afford the price of entry on the Z/28...
Old 02-11-2014, 06:39 PM   #70
Bad@ssCamaro
Rogers' Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
If you know enough to type "Gen5" as a search term you hardly need Google to find this place, and you probably know it already exists.
I did a google search with "new Z/28" and I was surprised to find that Camaro5 wasn't even mentioned until the 2nd page. I then did it with "2014 Z/28" and there wasn't a mention until the middle of the 4th page.

It just goes to show you that, as big as this forum is in regards to Camaro information, it's not the biggest fish in the pond.
1976 LT Black/White 305 V8 (Bone Stock) except for Cragar chrome rims (yep - #2)
1985 Z-28 Black/Black 305 L69 M5(Bone Stock) I know: slow

Current Camaro:
2015 CRT 1SS/1LE RS/Recaro's/NPP/Nav/Rear vision pkg./BA speaker upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
CAFE STANDARDS! Get used to them or vote our electeds in Washington out of office...........
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:44 PM   #71
Mikebrinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by brt3 View Post

I started with Chevy, in my car-buying career, but they abandoned me. They kept designing products that diverged more and more, every year, from what I wanted -- both in regards to outright performance and quality.

If you'd told me, five or ten years back, that they'd be building products like the Z/28 and Z06 -- and testing them on the Nurburgring, to boot -- I would've laughed my ass off.

And yet, the Faithful at GM went and made it so! I'm not a new customer, the company just decided to start building cars that I'm interested in. I never went anywhere and my tastes haven't changed; if anything's different it's my higher tolerance for MSRP as the years (and my earning ability) have increased. I feel very blessed that Chevy came out with the perfect car for me, and that I'm at a point in my life where I can afford the price of entry on the Z/28...
I must agree. My first new car? A 1973 Vega GT. I posted elsewhere here I bought a new 1985 Z28. But until this Z/28? I would not look at another Chevrolet product. No bias per se, except a bias for performance that distinguishes itself, over fender flares and fake scoops designed to infer speed, but delivers nothing.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:46 PM   #72
Mikebrinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
I did a google search with "new Z/28" and I was surprised to find that Camaro5 wasn't even mentioned until the 2nd page. I then did it with "2014 Z/28" and there wasn't a mention until the middle of the 4th page.

It just goes to show you that, as big as this forum is in regards to Camaro information, it's not the biggest fish in the pond.
. . . but it could be.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:47 PM   #73
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by brt3 View Post

And yet, the Faithful at GM went and made it so! I'm not a new customer, the company just decided to get on with it and resume building cars that I'm interested in. I never went anywhere and my tastes haven't changed; if anything's different it's my higher tolerance for MSRP as the years (and my earning ability) have increased. I feel very blessed that Chevy came out with the perfect car for me, and that I'm at a point in my life where I can afford the price of entry on the Z/28...
I fully agree with you. I left GM as well for all the same reasons. But you don't have to go all the way to the Z/28 and Z06 to be impressed. I can buy a Z/28 cash right now, however I'm more impressed with the 1LE at its price and the Z51 for the same reason. In my opinion they have more value.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:56 PM   #74
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
Quote:
My first new car? A 1973 Vega GT. I posted elsewhere here I bought a new 1985 Z28. But until this Z/28? I would not look at another Chevrolet product.
LOL! I had a new, yellow 73 Vega GT as my first car! Black stripe down the middle. It was an awesome fun little car and I thrashed the daylights out of it. Other than that and since then, never remotely considered a Chevy, or GM product until the Z/28 was announced. Great minds thinking alike! Ha!

Quote:
No bias per se, except a bias for performance that distinguishes itself, over fender flares and fake scoops designed to infer speed, but delivers nothing.
You got it! Right on.

Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:15 PM   #75
Bad@ssCamaro
Rogers' Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
. . . but it could be.
Ah, and that will depend on Chevy's ability to transcend into markets that are not fully saturated and bring in a larger base of consumers that would find these cars appealing and have greater implied value (resale value), which they have more so than in the past. The 5 star crash rating doesn't hurt, but publicity in certain instances would have an impact on decision-makers that are in the market for a "fun" car.

I joined (Camaro5) back in 2009, but wasn't fully active until 2011 and since then(2009) the members list has grown from the 16K's to almost 90K today. That some rapid growth for an auto enthusiast forum. Will they sustain it?...maybe not, but that could depend on the products (Chevy) they release and how they attract new buyers that are looking for One-for-all source for their enthusiast needs.

Yes, Camaro5 is a leading source of information, not just for the 5th gen, but for a lot of the older Gen's and here and then, you get some info on the competitors. It certainly is a great time to be an enthusiast.
1976 LT Black/White 305 V8 (Bone Stock) except for Cragar chrome rims (yep - #2)
1985 Z-28 Black/Black 305 L69 M5(Bone Stock) I know: slow

Current Camaro:
2015 CRT 1SS/1LE RS/Recaro's/NPP/Nav/Rear vision pkg./BA speaker upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
CAFE STANDARDS! Get used to them or vote our electeds in Washington out of office...........
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote