Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Dynomax Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2014, 08:12 PM   #29
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO, 15 Impala, 07 Colorado
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 20,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylane765 View Post
If a buyer pays over or under MSRP the practice has nothing to do with it ever going away. It all boils down to supply and demand, just like 0001 went for way over MSRP and that was to charity. Now even if it was not charity it would have sold for more than MSRP. Why is it any different if a owner sold his car for more than blue book? There are many things out there selling for more and also less than MSRP. If you wait for two more years you can get a ZL1 and a Z28 for way less than they sold new. I will never pay over MSRP but there are some that will and nothing wrong with that, if that's what they want to pay so be it.
What I said was if everyone refused to pay over MSRP they would stop charging over MSRP.. It's because they know certian people are willing to pay over MSRP is the only reason they do it. As soon as all the Over MSRP buyers are done the prices always come down.
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

The Bird is the word!

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 02-04-2014 at 08:23 PM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:34 PM   #30
Skylane765
Splitter washers, jack pd

 
Skylane765's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 Z/28, Challenger Hellcat.
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,023
There is no way that could happen. There are plenty of buyers willing to pay to get what they want, most cases that's how it works. We live in the best country in the world.
__________________
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:50 PM   #31
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO, 15 Impala, 07 Colorado
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 20,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylane765 View Post
There is no way that could happen. There are plenty of buyers willing to pay to get what they want, most cases that's how it works. We live in the best country in the world.
That is why they do it and in the long run it hurts everyone.
Luckily there are dealers that don't play that game. My local dealer is one of them.
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:08 AM   #32
Mikebrinda

 
Mikebrinda's Avatar
 
Drives: Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Azzurro Arge
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Irvine
Posts: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylane765 View Post
If a buyer pays over or under MSRP the practice has nothing to do with it ever going away. It all boils down to supply and demand, just like 0001 went for way over MSRP and that was to charity. Now even if it was not charity it would have sold for more than MSRP. Why is it any different if a owner sold his car for more than blue book? There are many things out there selling for more and also less than MSRP. If you wait for two more years you can get a ZL1 and a Z28 for way less than they sold new. I will never pay over MSRP but there are some that will and nothing wrong with that, if that's what they want to pay so be it.
I mentioned in an earlier post, in my opinion used 2014 Z/28 prices will track the same as the 2005/06 Ford GT. This Z/28 is an end of an era machine (and we know all the reasons why) not just the end of a body style run.
Mikebrinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:57 AM   #33
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikebrinda View Post
I mentioned in an earlier post, in my opinion used 2014 Z/28 prices will track the same as the 2005/06 Ford GT. This Z/28 is an end of an era machine (and we know all the reasons why) not just the end of a body style run.
+1

CAFE Standards killed the Big-Block


(yes I know the LS7 is a small-block, but it sounds a lot more dramatic saying CAFE killed the Big-Block)
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:37 AM   #34
GearheadSS
Member #63
 
GearheadSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 Chevelle SS
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Forney, Texas
Posts: 2,072
We are selling our 2014 discounted from MSRP. Probably crazy but we're not a fan of charging over MSRP.
__________________
1969 Chevelle SS 454-4 Spd., Triple Black
2016 Camaro 1LT 2.0T-A8, Triple Black
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:03 AM   #35
Skylane765
Splitter washers, jack pd

 
Skylane765's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 Z/28, Challenger Hellcat.
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikebrinda View Post
I mentioned in an earlier post, in my opinion used 2014 Z/28 prices will track the same as the 2005/06 Ford GT. This Z/28 is an end of an era machine (and we know all the reasons why) not just the end of a body style run.
Cars are like computers, there are always going to be a new model. They also will not be a investment any time soon. If you think you can make only on a new car even if they make just a few, you are mistaken. It will be a long time before they will appreciate. Look at prices of the Ferrari 360 spider they are 1/3 what a 04 sold new.
__________________
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:16 AM   #36
Mikebrinda

 
Mikebrinda's Avatar
 
Drives: Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Azzurro Arge
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Irvine
Posts: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylane765 View Post
Cars are like computers, there are always going to be a new model. They also will not be a investment any time soon. If you think you can make only on a new car even if they make just a few, you are mistaken. It will be a long time before they will appreciate. Look at prices of the Ferrari 360 spider they are 1/3 what a 04 sold new.
There is no comparison between computers, a 360 Spider, and the 2014 Z/28.

And I happen to know both.
Mikebrinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:28 AM   #37
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover
 
350 HRSS's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Toyz
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: VA
Posts: 1,079
MSRP here, and ordered was placed on Jan 24. I have all the paperwork.

MSRP is always the first question.

Never paid more than MSRP, and never will.
__________________
Angela
350 HRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:06 PM   #38
Skylane765
Splitter washers, jack pd

 
Skylane765's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 Z/28, Challenger Hellcat.
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikebrinda View Post
There is no comparison between computers, a 360 Spider, and the 2014 Z/28.

And I happen to know both.
I also know both one is sitting in my hangar. Yes as far as new models there are comparisons, there will always be a new model that will come out and make the older model worth less.
__________________
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:20 PM   #39
Earthshaker6
 
Earthshaker6's Avatar
 
Drives: 45th Anniversary HPE650
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
I wonder how a Z/28 stacks up against a Z51. What if your Z51 is faster on the track? For sure a '15 Z06 will be.

I would never pay ADM. Although I did once by not looking carefully at the contract. To soon old and too late smart. If you are patient you can do better.
Cool...I was beginning to think we would get though a whole Z/28 page without a "what about the Z51" comparison! There is always one!!!
__________________
HPE650 in 45th Anniversary beauty
Earthshaker6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:15 PM   #40
brt3
Runs with scissors...
 
brt3's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,420
2014 at MSRP. Good to know there are still dealers who care about their customers and don't take this chance to rake us over the coals...

Here's my wife's reaction when I told her how some dealers are price-gouging on the Z/28:

__________________
brt3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:28 PM   #41
Mikebrinda

 
Mikebrinda's Avatar
 
Drives: Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Azzurro Arge
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Irvine
Posts: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by brt3 View Post
2014 at MSRP. Good to know there are still dealers who care about their customers and don't take this chance to rake us over the coals...

Here's my wife's reaction when I told her how some dealers are price-gouging on the Z/28:

^ Approved!
Mikebrinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:48 PM   #42
Xlr8ion
 
Drives: 2013 Cayenne GTS
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Scottsdale AZ
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikebrinda View Post
I mentioned in an earlier post, in my opinion used 2014 Z/28 prices will track the same as the 2005/06 Ford GT. This Z/28 is an end of an era machine (and we know all the reasons why) not just the end of a body style run.
If you really think a z28 will be a collectable like a Ford Gt your mislead.Ford Gt were made to commerate the racing cars of the 60s/70s they were legends.
Xlr8ion is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.