Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Camaro Fest Discussions > 2014 Camaro5 Fest (V)

Old 02-25-2014, 06:32 PM   #127
grocerygetter
instigator

Drives: Black on black 2009 C6
I would really like to know that tech inspection question upfront. Only way I will be mid 11s is if I do something real wrong or break. It ran 8.7 in 1kft. That should be solid mid 10s at that trim/form. I have no roll bar. Our local track doesn't care. Mlee?

2014 GMC CC Z71, 2009 C6 vette (672/639 at the wheel and less than 3300lbs)
2010 Camaro 2ss/rs---SOLD 4/15/14
-654whp with a few cosmetic things, Pfadt suspension, Vortech, CircleD, GPI ss3 vvt bump stick, gears, stuff in between,18" TSW N'rings for drag duty, 20" Forgestar F14s for street.

Thanks to:
Tony@ dv8motoring
rhino@ Gwatney Chevrolet/GPI Jacksonville AR
TCAudio in Benton AR
grocerygetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:47 PM   #128
mlee
Charter Circle Member

Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Quote:
Originally Posted by grocerygetter View Post
I would really like to know that tech inspection question upfront. Only way I will be mid 11s is if I do something real wrong or break. It ran 8.7 in 1kft. That should be solid mid 10s at that trim/form. I have no roll bar. Our local track doesn't care. Mlee?
We get this every single year and there's no way I can say yes you're all good to go and there is no one who will tell you that because the rules are the rules. I will say it has never been an issue at the fest and we always have someone complain afterwards that convertibles were running etc. This is basically a track rental and things are normally done like your local track but no guarantees. Believe me I understand your concern. Worst thing that could happen is you make 1/8 mile passes and shut down, but I really don't see that happening.

We want everyone to run but it must be safe.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:16 PM   #129
camarovigoa
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Victory Red A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRD_WRK View Post
Stephen.

The new cage rule only applies to Stock cars that can run that fast. There are several threads on this already. Not everyone can be out in the garage and track all the time-hahaha. Catch up on your reading. Another record low forcast here tommorrow morning of -10F

At this event and other NHRA, people Will need 5/6 pt cage if faster than 11.5s ET.

Will be great to finally meet up.
I called a buddy of mine that got me my IHRA and NHRA license and he told me that this rule ''Unaltered 2008
OEM model year and newer production cars running slower than 9.99 and 135
mph do not have to meet the requirements and specifications for the NHRA Summit
Racing Series except for the following: Convertibles and T-tops must meet
Summit Racing Series Roll Bar and Roll Cage requirements, All drivers must
meet the Summit Racing Series Helmet and Protective Clothing requirements.” He told me ''Unaltered'' means firewall/body... You can have mods. But im just saying what he told me LOL!
Yeah it will buddy! Geeze! -10!!! Thats CRAZY!!! Im was freezing down here in the 50s!
camarovigoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:24 PM   #130
camarovigoa
Account Suspended

Quote:
Man thats nice / sucks at the same time.

For me , I wouldnt race anyone officially that doesnt abide by the NHRA rules. If I line up next to a car that has a Bracket ET faster than 11.5 or 10.0 without the safety gear, or other infractions, I'll call them out for DQ. Same would apply to my heads up class.
This is for fun yes, but it's not street racing. Sliding such rules breeds further liability for everyone. Pay to play. Rules are good for safety even if appears irrational at times. We and your relatives care about you man.
Track rentals shouldn't make any difference. Else we could go run 9 seconds in shorts with windows down and no parachute. Really? A little disappointing.

My recommendation:
I, nor anyone else, can stop a driver from running a 11.5+ on a 11.5 Bracket ET. They would most likely win-called sand bagging. Its unfortunately part of racing.
For TNT, since there are requirements for 1/8 also, practice runs would be really just good for 60' practice.

I have a SC sitting in the basement. Its not going on yet specifically because I dont have a roll bar, but want to run at Camaro5 fest. Im not about to expect an NHRA track to look the other way.

If the C5 rules are now stating that we dont need to follow the NHRA rules of the track for the competitions, this should be clearly defined in the Rules post. There are numerous tricks that can be done to be more competitive. Keep in mind Liabilities.

Sorry for my honesty. No disrespect intended. Just part of the game.
I hear ya brotha! I had to get my 10 point cage done on my 2010 SS its all part of the game! If you dont wanna do it sorry. No point of risking your saftey for a time slip.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:41 PM   #131
mlee
Charter Circle Member

Tim,
I have no idea what you're talking about with C5 rules. We have no rules. The track does and this track is NHRA governed so there you go. That's all I need to say.

One thing I do wish is the 9.99 roll cage rule was explained a little better for our late model cars, but it's not, so some tracks may follow and others may not. And I'm not even going to ask the question this year. It's NHRA rules period.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:23 PM   #132
mlee
Charter Circle Member

Quote:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=340767

Sorry. I must have mis interpreted Tag Ur It reason for posting the safety rules. I thought that the safety rules applied to the event.

I guess I will need to call the track anonymously myself to see what "track rentals" are allowed to get away with. I never realized there was a difference. I will ask for their interpretation of the bar/cage for NHRA sanctioned events. Always learning.
It's an NHRA track... doesn't matter if it's a track rental or not. They have to go by NHRA rules. Pretty sure the rules TAG posted didn't come from Camaro 5 and if they are incorrect please let us know.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:33 PM   #133
camarovigoa
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
It's an NHRA track... doesn't matter if it's a track rental or not. They have to go by NHRA rules. Pretty sure the rules TAG posted didn't come from Camaro 5 and if they are incorrect please let us know.
The rules he posted arent some of the new rules from 2013
Old 02-25-2014, 10:36 PM   #134
mlee
Charter Circle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarovigoa View Post
The rules he posted arent some of the new rules from 2013
True... just a copy/paste from previous years. Will take a look at it.

From Royal Purple... I'm sure this in no way covers everything..

Name:  Rules.JPG
Views: 166
Size:  148.6 KB
Old 02-25-2014, 10:47 PM   #135
camarovigoa
Account Suspended

Quote:
True... just a copy/paste from previous years. Will take a look at it.

From Royal Purple... I'm sure this in no way covers everything..

Attachment 603584
True theres alot more this just covers the basics.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:52 PM   #136
mlee
Charter Circle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarovigoa View Post
True theres alot more this just covers the basics.
Yup... and for the majority we have at this event it works well. The guys that race regular know the deal.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:56 PM   #137
camarovigoa
Account Suspended

Quote:
Yup... and for the majority we have at this event it works well. The guys that race regular know the deal.
Fair enough! Thanks for answering all my questions so quickly! Cant wait for the event! Never been to any C5Fest been wanting to go since it started but it was always too far.. But I finally commited this year!
Old 02-26-2014, 08:26 AM   #138
camarovigoa
Account Suspended

Called the NHRA and IHRA they said "Unaltered" means OEM Body and Firewall
Old 02-26-2014, 08:58 AM   #139
rforbes

Drives: IOM SS/RS
Going to be a great time!
Attached Images

rforbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:55 AM   #140
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Quote:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=340767

Sorry. I must have mis interpreted Tag Ur It reason for posting the safety rules. I thought that the safety rules applied to the event.

I guess I will need to call the track anonymously myself to see what "track rentals" are allowed to get away with. I never realized there was a difference. I will ask for their interpretation of the bar/cage for NHRA sanctioned events. Always learning.
I sure hope you don't start an issue where theres been none..I would be glad to let you make solo runs to be safe.
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote