Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
MPD1
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Camaro 1LE Forum Camaro 1LE Package releated discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2014, 12:10 PM   #26
Billy10mm
 
Billy10mm's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Hartsdale, NY
Posts: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilir14 View Post
i have recaros on my 1ss 1le and they are not heated they are all power, only on 2ss they come heated and powered
Excellent. Thank you for your input.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:12 PM   #27
mcsoul
 
Drives: some day soon a 1LE I hope
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: 75089
Posts: 130
Happy wife, happy life. Get the 2SS.
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:57 PM   #28
toehead93


 
Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: wpb fl
Posts: 2,665
You say you wont pay over $40k...I paid $40k and change for a 2SS with nav, npp exhaust, and recaros. That included $1000 private offer and $1000 gm card. If you take out nav and npp exhaust you are just under $40k without needsd gm card money. I paid invoice minus holdback plus dealer fee.
__________________
Used Racing Brake 2 Peice Rotors for sale:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344754

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:00 PM   #29
Msmall143

 
Msmall143's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NOVA
Posts: 1,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
You say you wont pay over $40k...I paid $40k and change for a 2SS with nav, npp exhaust, and recaros. That included $1000 private offer and $1000 gm card. If you take out nav and npp exhaust you are just under $40k without needsd gm card money. I paid invoice minus holdback plus dealer fee.
I along with many, would never buy this car without npp. It's probably the most consistently required option
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:52 PM   #30
Billy10mm
 
Billy10mm's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Hartsdale, NY
Posts: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
You say you wont pay over $40k...I paid $40k and change for a 2SS with nav, npp exhaust, and recaros. That included $1000 private offer and $1000 gm card. If you take out nav and npp exhaust you are just under $40k without needsd gm card money. I paid invoice minus holdback plus dealer fee.
2SS, 1LE, NPP, and Recaros are coming out to a little over $42K. I don't have a $1K private offer nor do I have a GM card.

Minus the Recaros I'm a few hundred above $40K which is more than I wanted to spend, but perfectly doable.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:53 PM   #31
Billy10mm
 
Billy10mm's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Hartsdale, NY
Posts: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
I along with many, would never buy this car without npp. It's probably the most consistently required option
+1 .. not a chance I will remove the NPP. Without either 1LE or NPP, I would not buy a Camaro.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:59 AM   #32
toehead93


 
Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: wpb fl
Posts: 2,665
I love the NPP exhaust too. You should be able to get a private offer, it is worth a try. Took me 15 minutes.
__________________
Used Racing Brake 2 Peice Rotors for sale:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344754

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:56 AM   #33
Billy10mm
 
Billy10mm's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Hartsdale, NY
Posts: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
I love the NPP exhaust too. You should be able to get a private offer, it is worth a try. Took me 15 minutes.
Could you elaborate as to what that means?
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:25 AM   #34
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9
 
PYROLYSIS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Summerv1LE SC
Posts: 4,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy10mm View Post
Could you elaborate as to what that means?
Basically you visit the Chevy website and an offer will pop up offering you $1000 off of a Camaro. Haven't tried it myself so not 100% on how it works. Should be able to get more info in the pricing threads.
__________________
BRING BACK THE B4C POLICE CAMARO!
2002 V-6 5 speed rally red (current camaro) Also driven:1992 Z-28 305 auto Red w/ black stripes (anniversary), 2001 V-6 auto light pewter metallic,1991 RS V-6 auto Black
PYROLYSIS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:12 PM   #35
Billy10mm
 
Billy10mm's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Hartsdale, NY
Posts: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Basically you visit the Chevy website and an offer will pop up offering you $1000 off of a Camaro. Haven't tried it myself so not 100% on how it works. Should be able to get more info in the pricing threads.
If that's what you guys are talking about I'm going to need to go the range this weekend and ventilate some shtuff. I've been living at the Chevy website since November and have seen that pop-up at least 3 times and have ignored it every time.

I thought it was some type of gimmick to get me to walk into a Chevy dealership.

Okay, time to go surfing.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:51 PM   #36
1LEMayhem
Wheel Man
 
1LEMayhem's Avatar
 
Drives: GXH 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Parrish, Florida
Posts: 860
I would make sure you know what you are not getting if you get the 1SS.

The 2SS includes leather heated seats, HUD, gauge pack, boston stereo, the silver interior trim with lighting (1SS has fabric on doors), back up cam, back up sensors, auto dim frameless mirror, color DIC (1SS isnt color), universal home remote.

I would definitely want the rear vision package if my girlfriend/wife was going to be driving it.
__________________
1LEMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:55 PM   #37
LittleReEntryRacer
 
LittleReEntryRacer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Langley, BC, Canada
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEMayhem View Post
The 2SS includes leather heated seats, HUD, gauge pack, boston stereo, the silver interior trim with lighting (1SS has fabric on doors), back up cam, back up sensors, auto dim frameless mirror, color DIC (1SS isnt color), universal home remote.

I would definitely want the rear vision package if my girlfriend/wife was going to be driving it.
Agreed - all of those reasons are why I got the 2SS, and I would get the exact same car over and over and over again!!
LittleReEntryRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:03 PM   #38
LikaRokBowTie

 
Drives: 2014SilveradoCCZ71
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: on your 6
Posts: 845
You have a wife that drives manual,you lucky man
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:15 PM   #39
1LEMayhem
Wheel Man
 
1LEMayhem's Avatar
 
Drives: GXH 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Parrish, Florida
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by LikaRokBowTie View Post
You have a wife that drives manual,you lucky man
He said in a previous post she will be learning to drive a stick on his new 1LE. Oh the horror!
__________________
1LEMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 06:27 PM   #40
Billy10mm
 
Billy10mm's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Hartsdale, NY
Posts: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEMayhem View Post
I would make sure you know what you are not getting if you get the 1SS.

The 2SS includes leather heated seats, HUD, gauge pack, boston stereo, the silver interior trim with lighting (1SS has fabric on doors), back up cam, back up sensors, auto dim frameless mirror, color DIC (1SS isnt color), universal home remote.

I would definitely want the rear vision package if my girlfriend/wife was going to be driving it.
Rear vision package is only $495 on a 1SS and it was something that would have been a definite if we were going that route. After extensive discussion, we've decided the Recaros are not the best choice for us and are instead going with a 2SS and standard seats.

As far as the 2SS ... I don't really want it. I don't prefer leather (it's too fragile and degrades over time), I like the HUD but don't need it, I really dislike the gauge pack - I think it looks cheap and would pay money to NOT have it, the stereo is nice I will admit, the fabric on doors doesn't bother me one bit, the rear vision we were going to get, the mirror I'm indifferent about, I don't really care about the DIC, and I don't have a garage so home remote isn't important.

To be honest, if it wasn't for my wife wanting the leather, I would not be spending the money on the 2SS.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:31 PM   #41
Msmall143

 
Msmall143's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NOVA
Posts: 1,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy10mm View Post
Rear vision package is only $495 on a 1SS and it was something that would have been a definite if we were going that route. After extensive discussion, we've decided the Recaros are not the best choice for us and are instead going with a 2SS and standard seats.

As far as the 2SS ... I don't really want it. I don't prefer leather (it's too fragile and degrades over time), I like the HUD but don't need it, I really dislike the gauge pack - I think it looks cheap and would pay money to NOT have it, the stereo is nice I will admit, the fabric on doors doesn't bother me one bit, the rear vision we were going to get, the mirror I'm indifferent about, I don't really care about the DIC, and I don't have a garage so home remote isn't important.

To be honest, if it wasn't for my wife wanting the leather, I would not be spending the money on the 2SS.
Just FYI...you could probably get 4k for the recaros and a set of whichever stock seats you wanted. May be worth adding recaros then profetting by selling.
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:56 PM   #42
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9
 
PYROLYSIS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Summerv1LE SC
Posts: 4,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
Just FYI...you could probably get 4k for the recaros and a set of whichever stock seats you wanted. May be worth adding recaros then profetting by selling.
People are paying that much for the Recaros? I know you can't get them from GM right now but twice what they originally cost is just crazy money.
__________________
BRING BACK THE B4C POLICE CAMARO!
2002 V-6 5 speed rally red (current camaro) Also driven:1992 Z-28 305 auto Red w/ black stripes (anniversary), 2001 V-6 auto light pewter metallic,1991 RS V-6 auto Black
PYROLYSIS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:07 PM   #43
madmax13
 
Drives: '13 2SS/RS/1LE/NPP
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEMayhem View Post
He said in a previous post she will be learning to drive a stick on his new 1LE. Oh the horror!
I didn't "learn" on my 1LE, but only had 4000mi prior experience. I learned on a brand new 2008 Corvette
madmax13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:59 AM   #44
SGDM
Scorched Dark Earth
 
SGDM's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North Texas
Posts: 867
My second 2SS, just makes sense and my wife loves driving the M6.
__________________


Remember the Fallen and the sacrifice they made for this great country.

Who Dares...Wins

Vini, Vidi, Nates, Calce Concidi!
SGDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:44 AM   #45
Thrillz


 
Thrillz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Charger R/T / 2012 Dodge Ram
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,535
The 1LE and recaro's are like peanut butter and jelly. They are perfect together.
__________________
Quote of the year, from 6.1hemi:
"I just wanted to type some junk cause I am having some beers and I really like cars."
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 01:56 PM   #46
VOGGS-LS3-1LE
Angry by Nature
 
VOGGS-LS3-1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 13' Camaro 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP 1 of 76
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
Just FYI...you could probably get 4k for the recaros and a set of whichever stock seats you wanted. May be worth adding recaros then profetting by selling.
Just got a set of recaros for 1500. Slavage car.
__________________

2013 CHEVROLET CAMARO 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP
1 OF 76
Roto Fab CAI
1LE BADGES
VOGGS-LS3-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 03:59 PM   #47
Msmall143

 
Msmall143's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NOVA
Posts: 1,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOGGS-LS3-1LE View Post
Just got a set of recaros for 1500. Slavage car.
Thats a good deal, i'm sure you spent some time finding them. I'm sure you could throw a set on ebay and get 3-4k. I havent seen 1 set sold publically. with all the hype, they would surelly bring a premium at the moment.

If anyone were to seel them, it would be the only set available to buy
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:19 PM   #48
VOGGS-LS3-1LE
Angry by Nature
 
VOGGS-LS3-1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 13' Camaro 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP 1 of 76
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
Thats a good deal, i'm sure you spent some time finding them. I'm sure you could throw a set on ebay and get 3-4k. I havent seen 1 set sold publically. with all the hype, they would surelly bring a premium at the moment.

If anyone were to seel them, it would be the only set available to buy
You are 100% correct.
__________________

2013 CHEVROLET CAMARO 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP
1 OF 76
Roto Fab CAI
1LE BADGES
VOGGS-LS3-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:32 PM   #49
69Tom
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy10mm View Post
Rear vision package is only $495 on a 1SS and it was something that would have been a definite if we were going that route. After extensive discussion, we've decided the Recaros are not the best choice for us and are instead going with a 2SS and standard seats.

As far as the 2SS ... I don't really want it. I don't prefer leather (it's too fragile and degrades over time), I like the HUD but don't need it, I really dislike the gauge pack - I think it looks cheap and would pay money to NOT have it, the stereo is nice I will admit, the fabric on doors doesn't bother me one bit, the rear vision we were going to get, the mirror I'm indifferent about, I don't really care about the DIC, and I don't have a garage so home remote isn't important.

To be honest, if it wasn't for my wife wanting the leather, I would not be spending the money on the 2SS.
Any way you could talk her out of it? I love the cloth seats on my 1SS 1LE, and like you, never wanted leather. Seems a shame to waste money on stuff you really don't want. Just tell her leather is cold in the winter, hot in the summer. haha.
69Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:24 PM   #50
Captain American_0416
 
Captain American_0416's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 BRM 1LE
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 53
1ss is the way to go add the options you want and leave the rest
Captain American_0416 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.