Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6) Driveshafts | Differentials | Gears | Rearends | Clutch | Shifters

Old 12-24-2010, 01:04 PM   #251
flht99b

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
I'm interested in a kit as well if your willing to sell another.
nak3dsnake, sent you a PM.
Ed M.
RJT 2SS/RS, AAM 3.70's, MTI Sway Bars, Shifter & SS brake lines, BMR Trailing & Toe Arms, full rear cradle & diff bushings, Pedders XA's, Camber/Toe eccentrics, Radius arm inserts, Hawk HPS Brake pads, GTO clutch reservoir, LS9 cam, Comp Cam valve springs, Melling 10296 oil pump, CR 5 timing chain, LS2 damper, CAI Cold Air Induction, ARH LT headers w/HF cats, GMPP touring axle back, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Forgeline 20x9 & 20x11 DS3 wheels w/Vredstein 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 tires, '11 Convertible spoiler, Lloyd "SS" Floor Mats, GM Camaro Trunk Mat, GM SS Fender & LS3 Emblems.
flht99b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:05 PM   #252
the rich dude

Drives: Getting 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by flht99b View Post
Ok, how about I send a length of hose ( more than you will need ), 2 small zip ties, 2 EPDM caps ( 1 for a spare ) and the hardware I used to mount the reservoir which consists of 2 nylon spacers and 2 bolt/T nut assemblies I used to mount the reservoir ). You'll have everything you need to duplicate what I did. PM me if you are interested.
In addition you will need brake fluid of your choice, a GTO reservoir which you already have, a right angle drill to drill the 2 mounting holes and a 1/4" drill bit. You will reuse the 2 original clamps from the original hose.
If this works for you PM me and I'll send you my PayPal address.
Ed M.
I'm in, thanks brother!!!! PM coming your way
the rich dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:06 PM   #253
flht99b

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Very Nice!

Sure would be nice if we could find someone selling that hose material an plug online.

Your setup is nice enough that I just might have to pull mine off the shock tower and do this. I need to come up with the materials first.

So.....who is going to come up with a kit that has the reservoir, EPDM hose and clamp?

Question for Ed....because you removed the factory hose off the firewall did you have to bleed the clutch or doing anything special there?
caverman, I did not have to bleed the clutch although I intend to in the near future to get all the DOT 3 fluid out of the clutch hydraulic system.
Ed M.
RJT 2SS/RS, AAM 3.70's, MTI Sway Bars, Shifter & SS brake lines, BMR Trailing & Toe Arms, full rear cradle & diff bushings, Pedders XA's, Camber/Toe eccentrics, Radius arm inserts, Hawk HPS Brake pads, GTO clutch reservoir, LS9 cam, Comp Cam valve springs, Melling 10296 oil pump, CR 5 timing chain, LS2 damper, CAI Cold Air Induction, ARH LT headers w/HF cats, GMPP touring axle back, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Forgeline 20x9 & 20x11 DS3 wheels w/Vredstein 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 tires, '11 Convertible spoiler, Lloyd "SS" Floor Mats, GM Camaro Trunk Mat, GM SS Fender & LS3 Emblems.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:56 PM   #254
Hutch52

Drives: 2011 Victory Red 2SS RS M6
I would be interested in a complete kit to make the change over, a list of materals to do the job.
Hutch52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 03:12 PM   #255
turboguy327

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro
I would be careful. If your not a sponsor you will be banned and they may close the thread.
turboguy327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 03:17 PM   #256
Coop

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
I would be interested in a kit as well
2010 Camaro 1SS Inferno Orange Magnusson Supercharger Installed and Tuned by ADM Performance, Roto Fab CAI IOM painted, MBRP Cat Back Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Shifter, Clear Image Headers, Pedders coilovers, BMR Front/Rear sway bars Trailing Arms and End Links, VMax ported TB
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 04:12 PM   #257
flht99b

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboguy327 View Post
I would be careful. If your not a sponsor you will be banned and they may close the thread.
I was not aware this may cause a problem, just trying to help out Camaro5 members. I guess I won't post any additional information on this thread.
Ed M.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:31 PM   #258
Coop

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Flhtt99 send me a pm on this kit please.
2010 Camaro 1SS Inferno Orange Magnusson Supercharger Installed and Tuned by ADM Performance, Roto Fab CAI IOM painted, MBRP Cat Back Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Shifter, Clear Image Headers, Pedders coilovers, BMR Front/Rear sway bars Trailing Arms and End Links, VMax ported TB
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:58 PM   #259
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
I was not aware this may cause a problem, just trying to help out Camaro5 members. I guess I won't post any additional information on this thread.
Ed M.
It's not the info you posted....it's the part about money for a product.

Showing what you did is good and gives us all great ideas. Please keep that info coming.

Everyone just needs to PM you with specifics on where to get parts and stuff.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:35 AM   #260
CAMAR0
Loose is Fast!

Drives: Mikes Hard Lemons
Gto clutch fluid reservoir $10+sh

Car is sold so all parts must go.

Thanks!
CAMAR0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:54 AM   #261
turboguy327

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMAR0 View Post
Gto clutch fluid reservoir $10+sh

Car is sold so all parts must go.

Thanks!
Sorry
turboguy327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:58 AM   #262
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboguy327 View Post
Awsome thread jack man. Ofner has this thread to sell his stuff not.yours.
Nice, be rude to a guy that has a part hard to get and that we need. Because technically, flht99b already hijacked 2SSRS's thread.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:14 AM   #263
2SSRS@Gen5diy
My other car is 2014 Z/28

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Hay no big deal i sent him a PM that said i will buy it back.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:34 AM   #264
CAMAR0
Loose is Fast!

Drives: Mikes Hard Lemons
CAMAR0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:27 PM   #265
flht99b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
Nice, be rude to a guy that has a part hard to get and that we need. Because technically, flht99b already hijacked 2SSRS's thread.
Was not my intention to hijack 2SSRS's thread. All I wanted to do was show how I approached the remote clutch reservoir installation which is what I thought this thread was about. If I stepped on anyone's toes, I apologize and will start a new thread on this subject if need be. I think most if not all of us agree Chevrolet should have installed a separate clutch reservoir in these cars.
Ed M.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:30 PM   #266
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Was not my intention to hijack 2SSRS's thread. All I wanted to do was show how I approached the remote clutch reservoir installation which is what I thought this thread was about. If I stepped on anyone's toes, I apologize and will start a new thread on this subject if need be. I think most if not all of us agree Chevrolet should have installed a separate clutch reservoir in these cars.
Ed M.
No, not the intention of my post and i apologize. He was criticizing someone who was selling parts related to our thread when several others have used this thread to do the same. I was trying to say he seemed to have singled out CAMAR0. I should have worded it differently.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:54 PM   #267
caverman

Quote:
Ed M.
I didn't see you step on any toes. I'm glad that you posted what you did. It gives all of us options on where to mount the resivoir and I think your's turned out great.

To me this is exactly the kind of stuff this thread is for.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 12-29-2010, 03:10 PM   #268
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
i,m glad he did. helped me..
Old 12-29-2010, 04:19 PM   #269
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Hay all this is meant to help all, Any good info(and some not good) that helps us all is what the intention of this Thread was, Now for turboguy327 don't get mad at him i think he meant too help, We are all friends on C5, We all shear a love of a grate car.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:36 PM   #270
mrbrans5

Drives: IOM Bahia Int. 2LT RS M6 SR BH
Clutch Reservoir

Awsome information from even better people...

Thanks to all...

Old 12-31-2010, 05:32 PM   #271
flht99b

Got around to flushing the clutch hydraulic system today so that the entire clutch system would be nothing but the ATE Super Blue Racing DOT4 fluid I'm using. Chevrolet sure made bleeding the clutch a bit of a challenge although with a small, short 8mm wrench and an air fed vacuum brake bleeder it wasn't all that bad. I didn't notice any change in the clutch feel or actuation after the fluid change and bleeding but at least both my brakes and clutch systems are all fresh DOT4 now. Installed MTI SS brake lines and Hawk HPS pads along with a complete flush of the brake system today. The pads and SS lines are a definite improvement, well worth the $$ and effort.
Ed M.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:37 PM   #272
caverman

Quote:
Got around to flushing the clutch hydraulic system today so that the entire clutch system would be nothing but the ATE Super Blue Racing DOT4 fluid I'm using. Chevrolet sure made bleeding the clutch a bit of a challenge although with a small, short 8mm wrench and an air fed vacuum brake bleeder it wasn't all that bad. I didn't notice any change in the clutch feel or actuation after the fluid change and bleeding but at least both my brakes and clutch systems are all fresh DOT4 now. Installed MTI SS brake lines and Hawk HPS pads along with a complete flush of the brake system today. The pads and SS lines are a definite improvement, well worth the $$ and effort.
Ed M.
Yesterday I got my calipers in and installed them along with some stainless lines as well. I used IPS's lines since I was able to get them on sale for $80 shipped. Should mostly be DOT4 now after bleeding.

I meant to flush my clutch resevoir while I was at it. Need to setup a reminder to do it tomorrow.
Attached Images

Build Journal
Old 12-31-2010, 07:14 PM   #273
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Quote:
Ed M.
Good job to you nicely done have a good new year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Yesterday I got my calipers in and installed them along with some stainless lines as well. I used IPS's lines since I was able to get them on sale for $80 shipped. Should mostly be DOT4 now after bleeding.

I meant to flush my clutch resevoir while I was at it. Need to setup a reminder to do it tomorrow.
Nice looking car you have there, the calipers look, Wow is all i can say, By the way i did the DRL harnesses on my car, I will let turboguy327 take the lead on this if he dos not do any thing i will post in 2 weeks.

Happy new year.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:08 PM   #274
flht99b

Finally got around to taking a picture of the parts I put together to mount the GTO clutch reservoir as I did in post # 237. PM if you have any specific questions.
Ed M.
Attached Images

Old 01-06-2011, 10:33 PM   #275
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Yes. I've read numerous threads on this topic and also saw a video that displayed the chunks of crap in the fluid.
Seems to me separating the two wouldn't hurt, and chances of a reservoir failing is fairly slim.
GM just wanted to save some cash. I'd like to see an aftermarket solution similar to the Vettes.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote