Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
HRE Wheels
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2011, 08:46 AM   #323
TC
 
TC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 VR 2SS-RS
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 369
Sting- I ended up ordering some AN -3 fittings with a piece of brake line to make a hard line just a little longer than the stock tube. I will post up some pics when I get the parts and get it put back together.
TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:31 AM   #324
Imjaybird
 
Imjaybird's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/2SS
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Fort Wayne
Posts: 258
How to video

Not trying to take over the thread but didn't want to start a new one. Here is my how to video. It will be HD once it gets done getting processed. My fluid was really dark after only a year and about 7k. Garage kept and not diven in the rain or snow. Hell I never even opened the lid untill I seen this thread!

__________________
1100, Preliminary order accepted (01/30/2010)
6000, Delivered to the customer (02/27/2010)
YA, she came that quick!
$IMJAYBIRD$
Imjaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:48 AM   #325
2SSRS@Gen5diy

 
2SSRS@Gen5diy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: By the lake in AZ
Posts: 13,696
Well done, thank you for this video, Want to do one for the HUD?.lol
__________________
<img src=images/smilies/thumbdown.gif border=0 alt= title=Thumbdown class=inlineimg />
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:37 AM   #326
Imjaybird
 
Imjaybird's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/2SS
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Fort Wayne
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
Well done, thank you for this video, Want to do one for the HUD?.lol
Actually its on my list, need a good spot to mount the camera. lol.
__________________
1100, Preliminary order accepted (01/30/2010)
6000, Delivered to the customer (02/27/2010)
YA, she came that quick!
$IMJAYBIRD$
Imjaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 04:09 PM   #327
Kilo-9
Dog Is My Copilot
 
Kilo-9's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,394
Nice how-to!
__________________
Kilo-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:54 PM   #328
Orange Krate
Not just any car!
 
Orange Krate's Avatar
 
Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Posts: 1,840
Great job. Straight forward even for a guy with two left hands like me! LOL

Last edited by Orange Krate; 03-13-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 03:09 PM   #329
caverman


 
caverman's Avatar
 
Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Join Date: May 2009
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 7,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imjaybird View Post
Not trying to take over the thread but didn't want to start a new one. Here is my how to video. It will be HD once it gets done getting processed. My fluid was really dark after only a year and about 7k. Garage kept and not diven in the rain or snow. Hell I never even opened the lid untill I seen this thread!

Nice video.

Question though.....since you drained out all that brake fluid shouldn't you bleed the brakes to make sure there are no air bubbles in your brake lines?

Draining out the brake fluid would be the best thing to do but I didn't want to deal with bleeding the brakes. I just removed the hose clamp like you did and when I pull off the hose I had my new plug ready to go back on real quick. I a little fluid come out but it didn't come shooting out or anything.

Your bracket is sweet though. Wish some one would make and sell those. Come on 2SS.....can't you make that and sell it as a kit with the resivoir and correct plug?
__________________
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 03:13 PM   #330
2SSRS@Gen5diy

 
2SSRS@Gen5diy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: By the lake in AZ
Posts: 13,696
I sold two homes this week so my time may be a lot less soon, That is good for me and a lot of ppl,
__________________
<img src=images/smilies/thumbdown.gif border=0 alt= title=Thumbdown class=inlineimg />
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:08 PM   #331
Imjaybird
 
Imjaybird's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/2SS
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Fort Wayne
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Nice video.

Question though.....since you drained out all that brake fluid shouldn't you bleed the brakes to make sure there are no air bubbles in your brake lines?

Draining out the brake fluid would be the best thing to do but I didn't want to deal with bleeding the brakes. I just removed the hose clamp like you did and when I pull off the hose I had my new plug ready to go back on real quick. I a little fluid come out but it didn't come shooting out or anything.

Your bracket is sweet though. Wish some one would make and sell those. Come on 2SS.....can't you make that and sell it as a kit with the resivoir and correct plug?
Thanks. I don't think you need to bleed the brakes bc the fluid never goes below the ports under the res. Not sure on the clutch? there was air in the line for the clutch. I sqeezed it a little after filling and a couple bubbles came out. It drove fine after this. Should I be concerned about the clutch? Is it hard to bleed?
__________________
1100, Preliminary order accepted (01/30/2010)
6000, Delivered to the customer (02/27/2010)
YA, she came that quick!
$IMJAYBIRD$
Imjaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:06 PM   #332
Nomad
 
Nomad's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 2SS/RS RJT M6
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Grounded in the 'Shwa
Posts: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imjaybird View Post
Thanks. I don't think you need to bleed the brakes bc the fluid never goes below the ports under the res. Not sure on the clutch? there was air in the line for the clutch. I sqeezed it a little after filling and a couple bubbles came out. It drove fine after this. Should I be concerned about the clutch? Is it hard to bleed?
I did my install the exact same way as yours but I didn't have that awesome bracket. I filled the clutch line with fluid a bit before I installed the new reservoir and didn't bleed it. No issues with the clutch after 4.5K.
__________________
Vararam CAI, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Separate Clutch Fluid Reservoir, Ghost Armor Full Protection Package, Chromed Turn Signal Bulbs, RPI Stealth Splash Guards, Skip Shift Eliminator, Defenderworx Chrome Bowtie Inserts, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Camaro Decal Store CGM Hood Spears with "376ci" custom text, Billet Depot/Drake Underhood Polished Caps, CGM Lug Nut Decals, Pedders Front Radius Rod Inserts, JacFab Front License Plate Bracket
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:49 PM   #333
Imjaybird
 
Imjaybird's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/2SS
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Fort Wayne
Posts: 258
How would I know if there was air in the system? I could not tell any diff while shifting. From 2SSRS clutch write up the system cycles air out on it own?
__________________
1100, Preliminary order accepted (01/30/2010)
6000, Delivered to the customer (02/27/2010)
YA, she came that quick!
$IMJAYBIRD$
Imjaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:00 PM   #334
gahammerle

 
gahammerle's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lebanon, OH
Posts: 1,640
What is the size of the EPDM cap?
__________________
Gordy

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers



Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:57 PM   #335
mikepage0007


 
mikepage0007's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: port st lucie ,florida
Posts: 4,269
3/8 cap and napa sells them 2 for 3.00
__________________
mikepage0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:44 PM   #336
caverman


 
caverman's Avatar
 
Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Join Date: May 2009
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 7,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imjaybird View Post
How would I know if there was air in the system? I could not tell any diff while shifting. From 2SSRS clutch write up the system cycles air out on it own?
PM sent yesterday. Just wanted to make sure you got it.
__________________
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Winner, winner - Jalopnik compares the Big 3 Number 3 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 31 04-17-2011 03:24 PM
What's considered a Muscle Car? SyN General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 125 09-25-2010 12:04 AM
MATRIX – 24HR REVIEW CAMARO 2SS/RS - NO BS!! Matrix 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 54 06-14-2009 02:37 PM
The Camaro, what it has come to mean for me Number 3 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 23 04-13-2009 09:31 PM
2010 SMS Mustang TFord General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 19 01-22-2009 11:00 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.