Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2014, 08:17 PM   #1
camarosss
 
camarosss's Avatar
 
Drives: Berger80,02CPE,67SSRS, 12 ZL1 #1342
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ga
Posts: 163
Allocation

Looking for an allocation for a 2014 Z28 in or around Georgia. Just got a call from my dealer and they won't be getting one for the 14 model.
__________________

1967 RS/SS 468 18s/20s
2002 Berger #80
2002 SS A4 RED/BLK 19s
2002 Tahoe Z71 BLK 23s For Sale
2009 Tahoe LTZ BLK 26s
2012 ZL1 #1342
2014 Z/28 #225
camarosss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:26 PM   #2
2SSRS@Gen5diy

 
2SSRS@Gen5diy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: By the lake in AZ
Posts: 13,836
Good luck, most 2014 are long gone, and the ones at MSRP have to be gone for 2014.
__________________
<img src=images/smilies/thumbdown.gif border=0 alt= title=Thumbdown class=inlineimg />
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 06:56 AM   #3
camarosss
 
camarosss's Avatar
 
Drives: Berger80,02CPE,67SSRS, 12 ZL1 #1342
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ga
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
Good luck, most 2014 are long gone, and the ones at MSRP have to be gone for 2014.
Thanks, I was anticipating on my dealer getting one and had my deposit down since the announcement but got the bad news that they weren't getting a 14 but still might get a 15 but I'm not waiting around for 6 or 8 months for them to tell me the same thing.
__________________

1967 RS/SS 468 18s/20s
2002 Berger #80
2002 SS A4 RED/BLK 19s
2002 Tahoe Z71 BLK 23s For Sale
2009 Tahoe LTZ BLK 26s
2012 ZL1 #1342
2014 Z/28 #225
camarosss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:27 AM   #4
2SSRS@Gen5diy

 
2SSRS@Gen5diy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: By the lake in AZ
Posts: 13,836
have a dealer out here with a 15 car at MSRP be happy to send you info.
__________________
<img src=images/smilies/thumbdown.gif border=0 alt= title=Thumbdown class=inlineimg />
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:34 AM   #5
mkorgan

 
Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sanford, Fl
Posts: 755
PM me. I have the allocation list for dealers in Central Florida. There are several 15's to be had. 14's are all spoken for.
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:54 AM   #6
Skylane765

 
Skylane765's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 Z/28, Challenger Hellcat.
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarosss View Post
Thanks, I was anticipating on my dealer getting one and had my deposit down since the announcement but got the bad news that they weren't getting a 14 but still might get a 15 but I'm not waiting around for 6 or 8 months for them to tell me the same thing.
All dealers knew if they where getting a 14 on 1/23. Why would they wait to call you?
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:00 AM   #7
swizlstik

 
swizlstik's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lexington, SC
Posts: 1,914
Herndon Chevrolet in Lexington, SC has one on order that isn't sold. They had an allocation for one currently. I was told it was Blue Ray Metallic.
__________________
swizlstik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 01:33 PM   #8
Skylane765

 
Skylane765's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 Z/28, Challenger Hellcat.
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by swizlstik View Post
Herndon Chevrolet in Lexington, SC has one on order that isn't sold. They had an allocation for one currently. I was told it was Blue Ray Metallic.
The color can be changed until they pull the orders.
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:58 AM   #9
camarosss
 
camarosss's Avatar
 
Drives: Berger80,02CPE,67SSRS, 12 ZL1 #1342
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ga
Posts: 163
Thanks guys for all of the info and help. I successfully found a 14 here local in Ga. If anyone is still looking for a 2014 Z28 Jim Ellis has 3 allocations left as of Saturday 2/8. I was told they were all spoken for until the list price was released lucky for me 4 people withdrew their deposits and left 4 up for grabs also these are being sold at sticker price no mark up so if anyone is looking let me know I have the salesman info. Thanks again.
__________________

1967 RS/SS 468 18s/20s
2002 Berger #80
2002 SS A4 RED/BLK 19s
2002 Tahoe Z71 BLK 23s For Sale
2009 Tahoe LTZ BLK 26s
2012 ZL1 #1342
2014 Z/28 #225
camarosss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:33 AM   #10
Realist
 
Realist's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Black SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Chitown Burbs
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarosss View Post
Thanks guys for all of the info and help. I successfully found a 14 here local in Ga. If anyone is still looking for a 2014 Z28 Jim Ellis has 3 allocations left as of Saturday 2/8. I was told they were all spoken for until the list price was released lucky for me 4 people withdrew their deposits and left 4 up for grabs also these are being sold at sticker price no mark up so if anyone is looking let me know I have the salesman info. Thanks again.
Such a limited number the first year and 1 dealer gets 4, seems goofy to me. Good to see they are offering at MSRP. Would like to see some in showrooms come spring.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:40 AM   #11
mkorgan

 
Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sanford, Fl
Posts: 755
Dealer in Daytona Beach has 4 14's as well. They are not big, just sell a lot of Camaro's.
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:28 AM   #12
Mikebrinda

 
Mikebrinda's Avatar
 
Drives: Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Azzurro Arge
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Irvine
Posts: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkorgan View Post
Dealer in Daytona Beach has 4 14's as well. They are not big, just sell a lot of Camaro's.
So . . . I wonder what's up with earlier posts that reported about 500 2014's to be built, and no dealer receives more than one 2014 Z/28 allocation?
Mikebrinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:16 AM   #13
mkorgan

 
Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sanford, Fl
Posts: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikebrinda View Post
So . . . I wonder what's up with earlier posts that reported about 500 2014's to be built, and no dealer receives more than one 2014 Z/28 allocation?
My dealer gave me the allocations for all the dealers in Florida. MANY are getting more than 1 2014 and even more are not getting ANY as my dealer. I am cool waiting because they are getting 2 2015's and want to see a few out there getting run hard before I pick my up.
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:26 AM   #14
Mikebrinda

 
Mikebrinda's Avatar
 
Drives: Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Azzurro Arge
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Irvine
Posts: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkorgan View Post
My dealer gave me the allocations for all the dealers in Florida. MANY are getting more than 1 2014 and even more are not getting ANY as my dealer. I am cool waiting because they are getting 2 2015's and want to see a few out there getting run hard before I pick my up.
Just wondering here, but why would Chevrolet disclose to dealers the allocation(s) of cars given to other dealers? I can understand if someone owns multiple dealerships they would know the allocation for the dealerships they own, but why would they know the allocation number given to dealerships they do not own?
Mikebrinda is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.