Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions From and for the site staff.

Old 07-25-2009, 09:25 AM   #1
az5thgen

Drives: 2010 1LT
Regional Child Boards

Is there any chance we can get Child Boards set up under each region?
Such as in Southwest we can get an Arizona section, Calif section etc.

This would help us get the word out for get togethers, shows, etc. that apply mainly to a certain geographic area. This works well on other forums, and I think people would really like it here.

It saves a lot of time looking through all the regional threads for a local activity. I think a lot of members here are looking to form local clubs, and this would really help us keep in touch.

Thanks for the consideration! This is a great site, and the Arizona 5th Gen's are using it as our main site!

Nick
az5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 09:29 AM   #2
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy SLE/2000 Ford Ranger
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
We do have regional forums.

2003 GMC Envoy SLE - Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Performance Catback Exhaust
2000 Ford Ranger XLT Regular Cab (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:57 PM   #3
az5thgen

Thats not what I said. I know we have regions! I am talking about child boards for each state in the region. A child board is like a sub-catagory. It would look like this:

Southwest
Arizona
California
Texas
etc.
Then you have the opyion of posting a thread to the Soutwest Region - OR -to a state specific childboard. The concept is very simple - just makes it easier to post and follow local info instead of looking through the whole Southwest to find a Phoenix specific item. Most national forums use them.

Check out www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com to see how it works.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:24 PM   #4
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Thanks for the suggestion, but I personally believe that breaking out a separate subforum under each regional forum for each state will lead to regional forums that become too fractured. The bigger states such as CA and TX currently have their own region because they are so large (by member #'s and physical size) that they are basically their own region. Also, keeping the regional forums more general (geographically speaking) will allow members of close-by states to more easily plan and see events in the region that they may want to attend.

However, I've sticky'd the Arizona Camaro Roll-Call thread and would be more than happy to sticky this type of official roll-call/discussion thread for any other particular state in any of our regional forums. Just contact me and let me know.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:37 PM   #5
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
that's what I thought as well..

for example..someone posts something in the Alabama thread and I don't read it because I'm in Georgia and it wouldn't be far for me to get to Alabama but if it as posted in the SE bracket then I would know about it..
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 12:16 AM   #6
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I can see the desire for further separation...for organization, etc.

But I agree with Tran. It just gets too fractured.

May I suggest a general rule of thumb for posting in the regional sections? Prefix your thread with a State name.
Ex: "New York -- Rochester Camaro gathering".

That will help with searches, and quick glances down the page while still being viewed by a larger audience.

Old 07-26-2009, 02:01 PM   #7
az5thgen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljustin293 View Post
that's what I thought as well..

for example..someone posts something in the Alabama thread and I don't read it because I'm in Georgia and it wouldn't be far for me to get to Alabama but if it as posted in the SE bracket then I would know about it..
Interesting... you couldn't just click on the Alabama Board to see what they are doing...?

"Also, keeping the regional forums more general (geographically speaking) will allow members of close-by states to more easily plan and see events in the region that they may want to attend."

If they post events in the Regional Forums then they will appear as Regional, not state specific.

Sorry - didn't mean to be to complex, I just thought that a site that is more "User Friendly" would generate more activity.

Thanks for your consideration though!
Old 07-26-2009, 09:27 PM   #8
SoloSK71

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
How about for Canada? West, Central, Atlantic?

- SK
- Good money, bad girls. How can life be any better?
- God saves. The devil invests.

- This may be the ultimate guide to problem solving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyCarlo View Post
it's not a WD-40 problem, so it's got to be a duct tape problem
SoloSK71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:19 PM   #9
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
There is a socal group called underage car lover group I own it for my kids to have others to talk to.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=46

no one really talks on it but its open for those who want to use it.

Just keep ads off of it & what have you.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z, 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote