Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro5 Fest Discussions

Camaro5 Fest Discussions All talk related to the Camaro5 Fest events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2014, 08:28 AM   #26
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
menendez1293's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tallahassee FL
Posts: 9,179
Planing on going in a trailer.
__________________
Proud owner of litho #179 Click Picture for Build Thread
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:54 AM   #27
mylftft
 
mylftft's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 TT ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NorCal
Posts: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew4180 View Post
Here the official count for trailers heading to the fest. How many are coming depends where they will park us most likely.

1.Andrew4180
2.Camarovigoa
3.Xtreme2s
4.Snakeater
5.Kemp ghost
6.GretchenGrowl
7.Supercharged SS
8.Allanski
9.&10. TPower +1
11-16. 2K11SS +5
17.RxDoc08
18. woodside783
19. grocerygetter
20. timtoolman24
21. anywhere
22. BrainleSS
23.thespymaster
24.SSE 4 2SS
25.Slickcas
26.Rdunn


Requote and add your name to the list.

Thanks
I'm coming from California with a trailer.
__________________
mylftft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 04:36 PM   #28
partymn
 
partymn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1ss 1LE
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Goose Creek, SC
Posts: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew4180 View Post
Here the official count for trailers heading to the fest. How many are coming depends where they will park us most likely.

1.Andrew4180
2.Camarovigoa
3.Xtreme2s
4.Snakeater
5.Kemp ghost
6.GretchenGrowl
7.Supercharged SS
8.Allanski
9.&10. TPower +1
11-16. 2K11SS +5
17.RxDoc08
18. woodside783
19. grocerygetter
20. timtoolman24
21. anywhere
22. BrainleSS
23.thespymaster
24.SSE 4 2SS
25.Slickcas
26.Rdunn
27.Partymn


Requote and add your name to the list.

Thanks
If I find DRs and 18 inch wheels at a good price between now and then, I will be on a trailer again. If not I will remove my name from the list.
__________________
2014 1SS 1LE, bone stock for now.
partymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:19 PM   #29
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,209
We will allow trailers to be dropped off at the track on Thursday before 3PM so you don't have to worry about parking etc at the hotel.
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:46 PM   #30
xtreme2s
 
Drives: Livernois 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Iowa City, Ia
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
We will allow trailers to be dropped off at the track on Thursday before 3PM so you don't have to worry about parking etc at the hotel.


Bummer that the track gate gets locked up at 3:00! I was hoping it was avail to at to least 4:00 or stretching to 5:00 (as last year was) I've got such a long drive, will really need to best attempt factor my starting time for the arrive time.

Is the highway/roads to RPR a heavy traffic area? If so....times to attempt to avoid?

Tim
xtreme2s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:01 PM   #31
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme2s View Post
Bummer that the track gate gets locked up at 3:00! I was hoping it was avail to at to least 4:00 or stretching to 5:00 (as last year was) I've got such a long drive, will really need to best attempt factor my starting time for the arrive time.

Is the highway/roads to RPR a heavy traffic area? If so....times to attempt to avoid?

Tim
LOL... I knew this reply was coming. It's not that the track gates close... It's not even open on Thursday. If we (the Mods) are still there setting up you will be allowed to drive in,,, drop off trailer and leave. It may be later than 3 and we can get you a phone number so you don't dive out and find us all gone for the day.

We also have to prepare for the Meet and Greet so get there when you can and we'll do our best.
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:45 PM   #32
xtreme2s
 
Drives: Livernois 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Iowa City, Ia
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
LOL... I knew this reply was coming. It's not that the track gates close... It's not even open on Thursday. If we (the Mods) are still there setting up you will be allowed to drive in,,, drop off trailer and leave. It may be later than 3 and we can get you a phone number so you don't dive out and find us all gone for the day.

We also have to prepare for the Meet and Greet so get there when you can and we'll do our best.

LOL! I totally understand! I was trying to not to be the guy someone will complain about at the hotel area, hogging up a street or section of the parking lot on the Thursday night. My trailer is 46' (I'm at the new yet to open hotel)
xtreme2s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:55 PM   #33
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,410
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by partymn View Post
If I find DRs and 18 inch wheels at a good price between now and then, I will be on a trailer again. If not I will remove my name from the list.
Would a set of welds with skinnies in the front, and slicks on the back help you... I should be there and you can run my tires and wheels... I may not be drag racing...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:04 PM   #34
mylftft
 
mylftft's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 TT ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NorCal
Posts: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
LOL... I knew this reply was coming. It's not that the track gates close... It's not even open on Thursday. If we (the Mods) are still there setting up you will be allowed to drive in,,, drop off trailer and leave. It may be later than 3 and we can get you a phone number so you don't dive out and find us all gone for the day.

We also have to prepare for the Meet and Greet so get there when you can and we'll do our best.
You guys are awesome Mike! I have Roberts number in case I end up in that situation, I'll be coming down from Andy's but I need to pick my wife up at the Houston airport also.
__________________
mylftft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:07 PM   #35
mylftft
 
mylftft's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 TT ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NorCal
Posts: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Would a set of welds with skinnies in the front, and slicks on the back help you... I should be there and you can run my tires and wheels... I may not be drag racing...
Your drag racing!
__________________
mylftft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:54 PM   #36
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,410
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylftft View Post
Your drag racing!
You just want to embarrass me....
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:59 PM   #37
mylftft
 
mylftft's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 TT ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NorCal
Posts: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
You just want to embarrass me....
I'd never do that to a friend! I was thinking we both put on a show & burn our tires for the entire length of the strip! Side by side quarter mile burnouts!
__________________
mylftft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:16 PM   #38
partymn
 
partymn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1ss 1LE
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Goose Creek, SC
Posts: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Would a set of welds with skinnies in the front, and slicks on the back help you... I should be there and you can run my tires and wheels... I may not be drag racing...
Yep, that would pretty much do it. Thanks for the offer but I hope to have a set of my own before the fest.
__________________
2014 1SS 1LE, bone stock for now.
partymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:01 PM   #39
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,410
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylftft View Post
I'd never do that to a friend! I was thinking we both put on a show & burn our tires for the entire length of the strip! Side by side quarter mile burnouts!
Sounds like a plan... Or we can see who does the longest burnout.....
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:09 PM   #40
Mr. Nasty
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
Mr. Nasty's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RS/SS Rally Yellow & 68 SS
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Woodville,FL.
Posts: 1,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew4180 View Post
Here the official count for trailers heading to the fest. How many are coming depends where they will park us most likely.

1.Andrew4180
2.Camarovigoa
3.Xtreme2s
4.Snakeater
5.Kemp ghost
6.GretchenGrowl
7.Supercharged SS
8.Allanski
9.&10. TPower +1
11-16. 2K11SS +5
17.RxDoc08
18. woodside783
19. grocerygetter
20. timtoolman24
21. anywhere
22. BrainleSS
23.thespymaster
24.SSE 4 2SS
25.Slickcas
26.Rdunn
27.Mr.Nasty

Requote and add your name to the list.

Thanks
will this work
__________________
Best @ 586/525 =10.41 @ 133
Best so far @ 633/544 =10.36 @ 132
Mr. Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:00 AM   #41
Andrew4180
Andrew "Bigfoot" Thornton
 
Drives: 1981 Camaro, 383ci Drag car.
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: La Porte, TX
Posts: 80
Mike, if yall have somewhere else to be after 3 I would be willing to stay up there until around 5:30 or so on Thursday for the late arrivals.
__________________
Washed up Jr drag racer,
Andrew4180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:24 AM   #42
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew4180 View Post
Mike, if yall have somewhere else to be after 3 I would be willing to stay up there until around 5:30 or so on Thursday for the late arrivals.
Thanks for the offer, but there will be no one allowed entry at the track except Vendors, GM and Mods. Dropping trailers and leaving is the only exception.
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:45 PM   #43
tpower
aka NO POWER
 
tpower's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 IOM #241
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Team Canada
Posts: 2,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
We will allow trailers to be dropped off at the track on Thursday before 3PM so you don't have to worry about parking etc at the hotel.
That is awesome , Will they let you drive in baytown with slicks
__________________
2012 ZL1 #241
tpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:01 PM   #44
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpower View Post
That is awesome , Will they let you drive in baytown with slicks
Of course they will.
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 04:12 PM   #45
tpower
aka NO POWER
 
tpower's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 IOM #241
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Team Canada
Posts: 2,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Of course they will.
I saw this show Street Outlaws on OKC and apparentley you can drive a pro mod on the street there
__________________
2012 ZL1 #241
tpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:38 AM   #46
grocerygetter
instigator
 
grocerygetter's Avatar
 
Drives: Black on black 2009 C6
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: 72034
Posts: 3,972
Take me off the list.
__________________
-John S.

2014 GMC CC Z71, 2009 C6 vette (57x/53x at the wheel and less than 3300lbs)
2010 Camaro 2ss/rs---SOLD 4/15/14
-654whp with a few cosmetic things, Pfadt suspension, Vortech, CircleD, GPI ss3 vvt bump stick, gears, stuff in between,18" TSW N'rings for drag duty, 20" Forgestar F14s for street.

Thanks to:
Tony@ dv8motoring
rhino@ Gwatney Chevrolet/GPI Jacksonville AR
TCAudio in Benton AR
grocerygetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:54 PM   #47
Trackman

 
Trackman's Avatar
 
Drives: 67RS Camaro ,Black 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Alberta
Posts: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew4180 View Post
Here the official count for trailers heading to the fest. How many are coming depends where they will park us most likely.

1.Andrew4180
2.Camarovigoa
3.Xtreme2s
4.Snakeater
5.Kemp ghost
6.GretchenGrowl
7.Supercharged SS
8.Allanski
9.&10. TPower +1
11-16. 2K11SS +5
17.RxDoc08
18. woodside783
19. grocerygetter
20. timtoolman24
21. anywhere
22. BrainleSS
23.thespymaster
24.SSE 4 2SS
25.Slickcas
26.Rdunn
27.Mr.Nasty
28.partymn
29.mylftft
30.menendez1293
31 Trackman
Requote and add your name to the list.

Thanks
Added myself on the list.
__________________
__________
9.85@140.88
Trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:03 PM   #48
mylftft
 
mylftft's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 TT ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NorCal
Posts: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackman View Post
Added myself on the list.
Now its a party!
__________________
mylftft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:45 PM   #49
Trackman

 
Trackman's Avatar
 
Drives: 67RS Camaro ,Black 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Alberta
Posts: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylftft View Post
Now its a party!
Now where's the cool place to stay?

....I'm going to regret this about 24hrs into driving
__________________
__________
9.85@140.88
Trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:33 AM   #50
Andrew4180
Andrew "Bigfoot" Thornton
 
Drives: 1981 Camaro, 383ci Drag car.
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: La Porte, TX
Posts: 80
Gotcha on the list Trackman
__________________
Washed up Jr drag racer,
Andrew4180 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.