Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 02-14-2014, 03:08 PM   #1
springer03

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1lt BRM
Ark DTS, Solo and Corsa Questions

Hello all, I posted this in the LFX section and didn't get much response, so I'll try here.

I have searched every thread and listened to just about every video I could find for the past few months and I still have a few questions.

I will be matching whatever system I get with Solo hfc's and CAI intake.

I'm looking for a system that isn't too loud or to quiet and I really can't judge volume from vids.
At what RPM's do they start to get loud?

For those of you that have heard all 3 how would you rate the volume(loudness). I definitely want cat back, but since so many people like the Mrt 2.0 I was wondering how it's volume compared.

Is the Ark DTS as quiet as it seems in the vids?(not very many vids of this system) I realize that the hfc's will give any of them a bump in volume.
I really like Ark's design (how it bolts together instead of using band clamps, mirror polish) I just wouldn't want to have to go wot to actually hear it.

Thanks.
springer03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:25 PM   #2
cliffdog89

Drives: 2LT/RS M6 '12 Camaro
I have the solo exhaust installed with a CAI (the HFCs are sitting in my garage currently). It is a loud system but I do not think it is obnoxious. It will be really hard to tell how loud it actually is unless you can hear it in person. I watched the videos on solos site and they don't do the system justice. That said - I love my Solo exhaust. It has a nice throaty tone and no rasp. Really makes the car stand out from other camaros. I see you are in pittsurg - if you find you way closer to the NJ I would be happy to let you hear my car. I can't say anything bad about the system at all.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:36 PM   #3
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
I had the solo HFC, solo Mach cat back, and a injen cai on mine and the quality and sound are great. I have heard the ark system and while very nice quality there was a rasp and that was without HFC. But every V6 is slightly different when it come to where in the rpm range this raspy sound shows up. Another reason why I went with solo and the tunable J-pipes. I now have a IPF supercharger system so the injen is replaced by their CAI and I have gone back to the oem cats due to extra heat from the exhaust damaging the solo cats. Even though I did have them on for 6 months and there was never any damage. Big thing was with the SC I was able to adjust the solo j-pipes to account for a change in exhaust rasp I was hearing and again tuned it out.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:47 PM   #4
springer03

Thanks for the input on the Solo system. I do really like the tone of Solo I'm just concerned it may be to loud with the hfc's. At what rpm range does it start getting real loud?

And thanks for the offer cliffdog, Jerseys just a little to far.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:54 PM   #5
Nutbutt

If you don't jump on the accelerator it really is never overly loud. But if you go WOT it get everybody's attention. The rasp that people complain about is usually between 2k and 3k, right in cruising range on the highway in 6th. This is what the j-pipes tune out.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:54 PM   #6
springer03

Speaking of Solo I was reading the old threads on the Solo LLT and noticed a few people with the system were saying it had 2.5 pipes not 2.25 The Solo LFX is listed as 2.25 but it doesn't list what size the LLT is.
Did they make it smaller to help fit the convertible?

I know I've read that it doesn't make a difference but I am just curious.

Also did either of you have to have it welded? I was reading (sixjack I think) that he ended up having it welded because it came loose a few times.

Last edited by springer03; 02-14-2014 at 04:34 PM.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:29 PM   #7
cliffdog89

Drives: 2LT/RS M6 '12 Camaro
Mine has been on for four months. No welding. DD

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk
Old 02-14-2014, 04:36 PM   #8
Nutbutt

Mine has been on since march 2011 and never welded. I will check the diameter pipe but I thought they were 2.5 even for the V6. Mine was the first V6 vert they did outside of the initial sizing one. I had no problems at all.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:53 AM   #9
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
I love my solo
Still my favourite mod ever after 4 years
Theyre service is top notch too
But I love how I can sneak into my street at 4 in the morning without waking anyone up

Now the cold start at the girlfriends house, that's a different story lol
Solo is awesome it's loud and clean and you can almost adjust how loud you want it with gas pedal. It sounds strange but it's true
I love the sound of ARK as well
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote