|07-26-2009, 05:48 PM||#1|
Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cut Throat, NY
Weekend with the Camaro...they never stop admiring it.
My wife and I have had our '10 Camaro for a few weeks now and it is her daily driver, I get to drive it on weekends.
I had five different places to go this w'end - here's the stories:
1) Out on eastern LI, NY there was a Bricklin auto show which I drove out to see. I am kind of use to the Camaro being the center of attention, so I parked a half a block away so as to be discrete yet still keep an eye on it. After about 10 minutes several people looking at the Bricklin's started walking over to the Camaro, then the Bricklin owners come over and then people walking down the street stop - all asking questions, asking if they could take pix, etc. They all loved the look, asked if this was being made yet and if they could buy one now.
2) Next stop was to get gas. Stopped at a gas station on the way back. Several people asking about the car, the attendant asking if he could look under the hood. Even the '10 Mustang owner next to me gave me the "ok" nod.
3) Next stop was the pool and spa store for some pool chemicals. There are about 5 people who work in the store. Within 30 seconds all 5 were in the parking lot looking it over, talking pix and asking questions. After about 5 minutes a customer comes out of the store and says "Excuse me, but can anybody ring us up. There's about a half dozen customers waiting!!!”
I drive home from the Pool store and there is a van following me for several blocks. As I pull into my driveway, he stops at the end of the drive and asks me if he can ask a few questions and look at it. Well, why not.
4) Today I drive to get some oil for the lawn mower, as I pull into the parking lot a guy with his family in his van pulls up next to me....absolutely stunned to see the car in person. Calling out to his wife how cool the car is, asking questions, the kids asking if it is the transformer car....
5) On the way home from getting the oil a car full of young guys in a clapped out Maxima start honking, taking pix, thumbs up and high fiving...
Of course all this is in addition to the people who pull up to it and look and kids who just stare wide-eyed.
Imagine...one car making so many people’s day....including mine!!! How cool is that!!!!!
"As ye sow, so shall ye reap" - Me
Mine at sunset
|07-26-2009, 05:52 PM||#2|
The Purple People Eater
Drives: '98 BPM V6, '12 CFM SS Vert
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Let's face it: you're driving an iconic car. This is something that everyone wants to see at least once, and because of how rare it still is (albeit, less rare than back in May), people are still happy to see it. It's an American legend reborn.
It's good that you're happy about making others happy. Definitely a good spirit.
1998 Bright Purple Metallic Camaro: 1 of 336
2012 Carbon Flash Metallic SS Convertible A6: 1 of 1103
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Camaro Laws||ChevyNut||Off-topic Discussions||107||11-09-2016 06:40 PM|
|V6 Camaro Performance Upgrades||rtcat600man||Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons||369||10-18-2016 04:56 PM|
|2010 Camaro, Decisions Decisions… (Winding Road Review)||Xmicro_SS||5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions||19||05-09-2009 12:40 PM|
|Detroit News panel wants GM to build Camaro concept||Tran||5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions||12||03-15-2009 05:38 PM|
|Consumer Guide's Impressions of the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro||camaro5||5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions||30||04-29-2008 11:20 PM|