Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Camaro 1LE Forum Camaro 1LE Package releated discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2014, 07:44 PM   #1
1LE801
 
1LE801's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 White 2SS 1LE RS
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 276
Thumbs up 431 HP 425 TQ

Roto-fab CAI, Stainless Power LT's w/cats, VMAX Throttle Body and no mufflers, tuned by JDP Motorsports. Very happy with the results. 431 HP 425 TQ

Thanks JDP
Attached Images
  
1LE801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:31 PM   #2
canecorso69

 
canecorso69's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 CTS4, 2010 ZX14, 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: DE
Posts: 907
Those are some stout numbers.
canecorso69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:53 PM   #3
1LE801
 
1LE801's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 White 2SS 1LE RS
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by canecorso69 View Post
Those are some stout numbers.
I agree! I'm very happy with the results. JDP knows how to tune!
1LE801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:56 PM   #4
AG1LE

 
AG1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 RRM 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,416
Great numbers!

Temperature, humidity, altitude?
AG1LE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:02 PM   #5
cornerspeed92


 
cornerspeed92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,963
Man i want to do this so bad,i just cant do without my warranty :(
Im working on Miller Aug. or Oct. can you make it?
__________________
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:07 PM   #6
Firefighter


 
Firefighter's Avatar
 
Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa by way of Miami...
Posts: 2,378
Those are very similar to my mods and numbers.

I did 432/422 with Phadt's through cats, Vmax, ADM Race Intake, Formato Tune. These 2013+ 1LE's do well with a few mods
__________________

Last edited by Firefighter; 02-18-2014 at 09:25 PM.
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:25 PM   #7
1LE801
 
1LE801's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 White 2SS 1LE RS
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
Man i want to do this so bad,i just cant do without my warranty :(
Im working on Miller Aug. or Oct. can you make it?
I'll probably embarrass myself but I'd love to go in Oct. August is HOT. Warranty shouldn't be a huge problem from talking with a friend at a Chev dealer here locally. Jordan and my friend told me the same thing. "Unless the problem is directly related to a mod, the warranty will still cover things."
1LE801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:28 PM   #8
1LE801
 
1LE801's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 White 2SS 1LE RS
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMWNERW View Post
Great numbers!

Temperature, humidity, altitude?
Was mid 50's today. Humidity was about 65%. We're in Salt lake city utah so whatever that altitude is.....
1LE801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:21 PM   #9
cornerspeed92


 
cornerspeed92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LE801 View Post
I'll probably embarrass myself but I'd love to go in Oct. August is HOT. Warranty shouldn't be a huge problem from talking with a friend at a Chev dealer here locally. Jordan and my friend told me the same thing. "Unless the problem is directly related to a mod, the warranty will still cover things."
There's no embarrassment about it,we all have to start somewhere.A quick share moment,when i started my roadracing career at 42,at month 3(6th track day)i touched my 1st knee on the ground at Willow springs in turn 3,was so excited i crashed in turn 4 :( Now granted i was all alone,and had no help,and was on stock street tires,but pretty sure the outcome would of been the same on worn out race tires.
__________________
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:22 PM   #10
cornerspeed92


 
cornerspeed92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LE801 View Post
I'll probably embarrass myself but I'd love to go in Oct. August is HOT. Warranty shouldn't be a huge problem from talking with a friend at a Chev dealer here locally. Jordan and my friend told me the same thing. "Unless the problem is directly related to a mod, the warranty will still cover things."
My understanding is there is no grey area,once you have tuned there is no going back,and a "tune" voids the warranty.
__________________
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:30 PM   #11
AG1LE

 
AG1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 RRM 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,416
I've yet to see someone report that their warranty was voided due to a tune
AG1LE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:01 PM   #12
cornerspeed92


 
cornerspeed92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMWNERW View Post
I've yet to see someone report that their warranty was voided due to a tune
That's a great point,i too have never read of someone's warranty going bye,bye because of a tune,but i dont read the warranty part of the forum. I probably should.
__________________
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:53 PM   #13
1LE801
 
1LE801's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 White 2SS 1LE RS
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
My understanding is there is no grey area,once you have tuned there is no going back,and a "tune" voids the warranty.
I've worked with a guy who has become a very good friend. He is now a service manager at a local chev store so I'm less worried than most would probably be.
1LE801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:03 AM   #14
cornerspeed92


 
cornerspeed92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LE801 View Post
I've worked with a guy who has become a very good friend. He is now a service manager at a local chev store so I'm less worried than most would probably be.
I have a personal working relationship with me service manager as well,in fact he is supposed to come ride with my at my Fontana track day in May,but if GM wants a snapshot of he cars computer i thought there was no way to hide it"
__________________
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:12 AM   #15
1LE801
 
1LE801's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 White 2SS 1LE RS
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
I have a personal working relationship with me service manager as well,in fact he is supposed to come ride with my at my Fontana track day in May,but if GM wants a snapshot of he cars computer i thought there was no way to hide it"
This is true but they can NOT legally just revoke the entire warranty for a tune having been done. If they can tie it to the problem, I'm probably going to pay the bill. Don't get me wrong, there's definitely some risk involved. But the risk is much smaller than the reward IMO.
1LE801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:17 AM   #16
Msmall143

 
Msmall143's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NOVA
Posts: 1,733
You guys are right. Many dealerships overlook mods including a tune. It's not until a major failure takes place which requires an expensive repair such as new tranny or engine replacement. Basically the issue comes up when the dealership needs to provide a snapshot of the ecu for gm to approve the repairs, when that happens it won't matter what your relationship is with your dealership.

You don't hear about it often because
1) people don't want to post publically "I was an idiot and voided my warranty and now it's costing me 1ok out of pocket"
2) good tuners = good tune = well running car = no major failures
3) these cars are proven, you don't hear of many major failures.

If you tune your warranty is "technically" gone. Just like doing 65 mph in a 60 mph zone is "technically" breaking the law. Just like cops overlook 65 in a 60, many dealerships overlook a tune when minor issues need fixed. But go 120 mph in that 60 mph zone....that's like a blown engine and your gonna get some more attention! No what I mean?
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:21 AM   #17
1LE801
 
1LE801's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 White 2SS 1LE RS
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
You guys are right. Many dealerships overlook mods including a tune. It's not until a major failure takes place which requires an expensive repair such as new tranny or engine replacement. Basically the issue comes up when the dealership needs to provide a snapshot of the ecu for gm to approve the repairs, when that happens it won't matter what your relationship is with your dealership.

You don't hear about it often because
1) people don't want to post publically "I was an idiot and voided my warranty and now it's costing me 1ok out of pocket"
2) good tuners = good tune = well running car = no major failures
3) these cars are proven, you don't hear of many major failures.

If you tune your warranty is "technically" gone. Just like doing 65 mph in a 60 mph zone is "technically" breaking the law. Just like cops overlook 65 in a 60, many dealerships overlook a tune when minor issues need fixed. But go 120 mph in that 60 mph zone....that's like a blown engine and your gonna get some more attention! No what I mean?
could one just re flash the ecu when a problem arises ?
1LE801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:24 AM   #18
Msmall143

 
Msmall143's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NOVA
Posts: 1,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LE801 View Post
This is true but they can NOT legally just revoke the entire warranty for a tune having been done. If they can tie it to the problem, I'm probably going to pay the bill. Don't get me wrong, there's definitely some risk involved. But the risk is much smaller than the reward IMO.
Wrong, they absolutely can. The tune is the brain and controls everything. All they have to say is "you made more power, so shit broke".
Attached Images
 
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:25 AM   #19
Msmall143

 
Msmall143's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NOVA
Posts: 1,733
Page 2
Attached Images
 
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:26 AM   #20
Msmall143

 
Msmall143's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NOVA
Posts: 1,733
Page 3
Attached Images
 
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:26 AM   #21
Msmall143

 
Msmall143's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NOVA
Posts: 1,733
4
Attached Images
 
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:30 AM   #22
1LE801
 
1LE801's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 White 2SS 1LE RS
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 276
Could one just re flash to stock programming if a problem arises?
1LE801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:31 AM   #23
Msmall143

 
Msmall143's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NOVA
Posts: 1,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LE801 View Post
could one just re flash the ecu when a problem arises ?
You can flash back to stock but the history of it being alters is still there. there is a counter. There just isn't a way around it or we'd all be doing it.

When they look to see if you've tuned they aren't looking at the actual tune. They are comparing a few numbers that should match. Once they don't match it's evident you've done something
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:34 AM   #24
1LE801
 
1LE801's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 White 2SS 1LE RS
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
You can flash back to stock but the history of it being alters is still there. there is a counter. There just isn't a way around it or we'd all be doing it.

When they look to see if you've tuned they aren't looking at the actual tune. They are comparing a few numbers that should match. Once they don't match it's evident you've done something
Good to know. I ain't scared
1LE801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:35 AM   #25
toehead93


 
Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: wpb fl
Posts: 2,685
I thought the diablo and SCT tuners were able to overcome the counter.
__________________
Used Racing Brake 2 Peice Rotors for sale:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344754

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.