Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2014, 01:53 AM   #1
12camaroSS
 
12camaroSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 camaro ss
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Jasper tn
Posts: 107
Jannetty racing tune props!

Just got my car tuned from Ted at jannetty racing. I give full credit to the team and him for giving me full support while data logging and turning my camaro into a beast. Long story short, I would highly recommend them to tune your camaro! I have CAI and exhaust, my check engine light was on so I took it to the dealer, being said, my intake was causing to much air going into the engine. So I spoke with ted, he gave me a tune to data log with, then after a few more tweeking, he set me up with an animal! Thanks ted!
12camaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:59 AM   #2
PalmerGA


 
PalmerGA's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Southwest GA
Posts: 6,781
I've heard he's about the best. Enjoy!
__________________
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99
CAI Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes
RX Catch Can
Husky Splash Guards
Heritage Grille
Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs
Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges
Emblem Pros Custom Retro SS Kickplates
Emblem Pros Under-hood Bowtie
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:11 AM   #3
cadyshac
It's in the hole!
 
cadyshac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS L99 SGM 2013 2SSRS LS3 BRM
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,011
12camaroSS is you car an automatic or manual trans?
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:43 AM   #4
Nutro


 
Nutro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 3,305
Nice. A local guy bought the "xxx" package for his LS3 and didn't have much luck with it.
__________________
2011 L99 W/ Kooks Long Tubes, Ported TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Apex Catch can, Stainless Works 3" ZL-1 Catback, Overdriven Maggie @10 Pounds boost putting down 501/535 on a conservative tune. Oh and Forgestar 20's
Nutro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:10 AM   #5
GMTool

 
GMTool's Avatar
 
Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southwest Illinois
Posts: 1,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12camaroSS View Post
Just got my car tuned from Ted at jannetty racing. I give full credit to the team and him for giving me full support while data logging and turning my camaro into a beast. Long story short, I would highly recommend them to tune your camaro! I have CAI and exhaust, my check engine light was on so I took it to the dealer, being said, my intake was causing to much air going into the engine. So I spoke with ted, he gave me a tune to data log with, then after a few more tweeking, he set me up with an animal! Thanks ted!
Glad your happy. I sometimes feel a little unclear about this data logging thing. With my basic bolt on's, I'm under the assumption that data logging is not necessary unless instructed to do so. Why did you have to data log with just an intake and exhaust? I read different things and sometimes wonder, maybe I should be data logging.
__________________
CAI Cold Air Kit. Dynatech Headers. High Flow Cats. Corsa Catback. JRE Tune. OEM Strut Tower Brace
GMTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:34 AM   #6
LS3 SS

 
LS3 SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Clarksville TN
Posts: 2,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
I've heard he's about the best. Enjoy!
__________________
PCM of NC '545' Cam/PRC 255s/GM 3.91s/ProCharger D1SC @9psi 669 rwhp/546 rwtq Tuned by Alvin @ PCM of NC
LS3 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:38 AM   #7
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred
 
mikeyg36's Avatar
 
Drives: Cammed '12 2SS/RS LS3,'15 Z/28 #533
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Garden City, NY/Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 8,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
I've heard he's about the best. Enjoy!
Any data to back that up? There isn't just one tuner that's "the best".
__________________
Click For Build Thread ***CAI Intake, ARH LTs, FSP Big NA Cam, Tuned By Matt@FSP***
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:41 AM   #8
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey
 
Drives: TT/SS
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Between 10 and 20 PSI
Posts: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTool View Post
Glad your happy. I sometimes feel a little unclear about this data logging thing. With my basic bolt on's, I'm under the assumption that data logging is not necessary unless instructed to do so. Why did you have to data log with just an intake and exhaust? I read different things and sometimes wonder, maybe I should be data logging.
People tend to datalog for extreme builds or remote tunes. If your car was dropped off for your tuner it should be fine. If it was a remote tune with no datalog then you probably just got a safe tune based off a similar car or tuner's knowledge, which won't be optimum but better power than stock file.
__________________
Futral Motorsports built and tuned
CyberPredator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:41 AM   #9
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred
 
mikeyg36's Avatar
 
Drives: Cammed '12 2SS/RS LS3,'15 Z/28 #533
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Garden City, NY/Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 8,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTool View Post
Glad your happy. I sometimes feel a little unclear about this data logging thing. With my basic bolt on's, I'm under the assumption that data logging is not necessary unless instructed to do so. Why did you have to data log with just an intake and exhaust? I read different things and sometimes wonder, maybe I should be data logging.
If it's an email tune you should be data logging because every car is different, it's not "one size fits all".
__________________
Click For Build Thread ***CAI Intake, ARH LTs, FSP Big NA Cam, Tuned By Matt@FSP***
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:46 AM   #10
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey
 
Drives: TT/SS
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Between 10 and 20 PSI
Posts: 710
agreed
__________________
Futral Motorsports built and tuned
CyberPredator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 11:08 AM   #11
2012-1822


 
2012-1822's Avatar
 
Drives: Black ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: City of Champions, Alabama
Posts: 3,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
Any data to back that up? There isn't just one tuner that's "the best".
How about he's really good. And here is some of why.

Talk to him. That's seriously a start. He's a straight shooter. He actually races. He took his ZL1 and put like every different kind of CAI and put it on there to show the difference on the Dyno one day. There's a bunch of guys with ZL1's that have his packages and I haven't seen one complaint on that subforum.
__________________
Check out Alabama Camaros, for Camaro enthusiasts all around Alabama https://www.facebook.com/groups/1739...group_activity
2012-1822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 11:09 AM   #12
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred
 
mikeyg36's Avatar
 
Drives: Cammed '12 2SS/RS LS3,'15 Z/28 #533
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Garden City, NY/Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 8,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
How about he's really good. And here is some of why.

Talk to him. That's seriously a start. He's a straight shooter. He actually races. He took his ZL1 and put like every different kind of CAI and put it on there to show the difference on the Dyno one day. There's a bunch of guys with ZL1's that have his packages and I haven't seen one complaint on that subforum.
I'm not even going to respond to this.
__________________
Click For Build Thread ***CAI Intake, ARH LTs, FSP Big NA Cam, Tuned By Matt@FSP***
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 11:16 AM   #13
2012-1822


 
2012-1822's Avatar
 
Drives: Black ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: City of Champions, Alabama
Posts: 3,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
I'm not even going to respond to this.
I don't know what that means because you did. Good for you I guess. You said there isn't one "the best." You're probably right, I gave you reasons why Jannetty has earned people's respect, but I guess you're the cool smart guy.

Whatever, sorry for trying to be helpful.
__________________
Check out Alabama Camaros, for Camaro enthusiasts all around Alabama https://www.facebook.com/groups/1739...group_activity
2012-1822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 11:25 AM   #14
BlaqWhole

 
BlaqWhole's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
Any data to back that up? There isn't just one tuner that's "the best".
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
How about he's really good. And here is some of why.

Talk to him. That's seriously a start. He's a straight shooter. He actually races. He took his ZL1 and put like every different kind of CAI and put it on there to show the difference on the Dyno one day. There's a bunch of guys with ZL1's that have his packages and I haven't seen one complaint on that subforum.
None of this makes a person or shop "the best". There are a lot of great shops out there that race their cars, that are straight shooters, have great customer service, and have lots of customers with fast cars who have reported great results. To be fair, everything you mentioned is simply what every tuner out there can claim and what they all should be doing in the first place. A lot of people these days and especially on this forum seem to think that a company is "the best" when in fact they are only doing what they're supposed to be doing. Like if I walk into a bank and they greet me politely and give me great customer service, that doesn't automatically make that bank the best bank on the planet especially if thats the only bank I ever been to. Suffice to say you're extremely happy with his work and you recommend him. But to say he is the best when he is the ONLY tuner you've dealt with is a bit of an exaggeration.

BTW, I realize it wasn't you who said he is the best. And I realize that palmerga said he "heard he's about the best". But still, just addressing the statement and also answering your question to Mikey.
__________________
Nadia (2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3) - Vararam CAI - SLP Underdrive Pulley - V-Max TB and Power Wedge - OBX 1-7/8 LTs with HF Cats - OBX 3" Cat-Back - Custom Predator Tune - BER Ported Intake Manifold!!

Esmeralda (03 GT) - UDP, CAI, PP intake manifold/upper plenum/75mm TB, 4.10s, fully rebuilt/upgraded trans w/ Transpak, 2400 stall converter, full O/R exhaust, 04 Cobra tank/dual 255 LPH pumps, Sniper Tune!!

Saving the world...1 hp at a time!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 11:51 AM   #15
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred
 
mikeyg36's Avatar
 
Drives: Cammed '12 2SS/RS LS3,'15 Z/28 #533
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Garden City, NY/Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 8,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Agreed.



None of this makes a person or shop "the best". There are a lot of great shops out there that race their cars, that are straight shooters, have great customer service, and have lots of customers with fast cars who have reported great results. To be fair, everything you mentioned is simply what every tuner out there can claim and what they all should be doing in the first place. A lot of people these days and especially on this forum seem to think that a company is "the best" when in fact they are only doing what they're supposed to be doing. Like if I walk into a bank and they greet me politely and give me great customer service, that doesn't automatically make that bank the best bank on the planet especially if thats the only bank I ever been to. Suffice to say you're extremely happy with his work and you recommend him. But to say he is the best when he is the ONLY tuner you've dealt with is a bit of an exaggeration.

BTW, I realize it wasn't you who said he is the best. And I realize that palmerga said he "heard he's about the best". But still, just addressing the statement and also answering your question to Mikey.
Thank you.
__________________
Click For Build Thread ***CAI Intake, ARH LTs, FSP Big NA Cam, Tuned By Matt@FSP***
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:13 PM   #16
camaro500
 
camaro500's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 484
Guys lets put this in perspective;
He has tuned and worked on thousands of camaros and corvettes and has built many 800-1000 whp cars that run very strong and the track numbers are there to back this up. If you have 2-3 people who have had a bad experience or bad luck then you are looking at over a 99% satisfaction rate. That is extremely high for any industry standards. Even if he had a 95% lets put that into perspective. Are all of you happy with your home renovations, your painters, your plumbers, your electricians. Come on people, we all make mistakes.
There are clearly other excellent builders/tuners out there. Nearly every state has multiple great people working on cars. This should be expected!
I have been to jannetty racing, spoken over the phone and through emails with ted and his team and only have great things to say about my experience.
I am sure his intentions towards every customer are top notch and that he absolutely wants things to go well for them.
With the internet and various forums it is easy to get destroyed.
Everybody makes mistakes and we all know about the few cases on this thread that were clearly mistakes.
Lets not forget that the car he built, ran the fastest quarter mile time on stock displacement.
I have followed the threads closely and we can never know for sure what was discussed and done between both parties because it wasn't recorded or video taped.
__________________
CAI inc. Vmax TB, Dynatech LT, Magnaflow, BMR, Pfadt, Pedders, Prothane, Braille21lb, CTS-V Brembo, JRE 93 tuned.
camaro500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:43 PM   #17
ZO6 Bryan

 
ZO6 Bryan's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 Z06, 95 Trans Am, 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southeast
Posts: 812
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
How about he's really good. And here is some of why.

Talk to him. That's seriously a start. He's a straight shooter. He actually races. He took his ZL1 and put like every different kind of CAI and put it on there to show the difference on the Dyno one day. There's a bunch of guys with ZL1's that have his packages and I haven't seen one complaint on that subforum.
You haven't seen the complaints because they all get deleted. And if he is so great why am I helping one of the forum members fix his ZL1 tune that was done by, you guessed it, JRE.
__________________
Bryan 672 RWHP 2012 ZL1 9.55 pulley custom cam and Kooks headers, 2002 Z06 447 RWHP, 2006 Trailblazer SS, 1995 S/C Vortech Trans Am 570 RWHP(for sale)
ZO6 Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:35 PM   #18
joelster
 
Drives: '94 Z28+ '14 1LE
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tonawanda, NY
Posts: 668
People would be best advised to do plenty of research before spending their hard earned coin. I'm on about 15-20 car forums weekly. This one is BY FAR, the most censored of them all. I understand protecting your sponsors and all that, but the credibility of the board SHOULD rise above making a buck. Go on some other sites and ask the same questions and it's likely you'll get a completely different answer. It's up to you to filter through the replies. Eventually you'll see a trend, and be able to formulate an educated decision. You want a fast ZL-1? Ask someone with a fast ZL-1 what they did. In fact ask a bunch of them. Go to an LSX shootout and ask around. You'll see a HUGE group of shops with successful race/street/strip cars making mind-blowing power, yet you won't hear a thing about them on here. Funny how that works...............
__________________
'94 Z28, 414" LT1, 10.15 at 133.65 N/A pump gas
'14 1LE, NPP, 12.991 at 109.40
joelster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:15 PM   #19
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE
 
CHMSC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 12,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRealjokEs View Post
He has not earned anybodys repect, just all the bad stuff about him on this board gets deleted. use google.
__________________
CHMSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:56 PM   #20
dekan513
chevy pride
 
dekan513's Avatar
 
Drives: 2ss/rs
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: pikeville ky
Posts: 2,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
I don't know what that means because you did. Good for you I guess. You said there isn't one "the best." You're probably right, I gave you reasons why Jannetty has earned people's respect, but I guess you're the cool smart guy.

Whatever, sorry for trying to be helpful.
u might want to do a little research.
__________________

check out ky speeds fb page https://www.facebook.com/kyspeed
dekan513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:01 PM   #21
dekan513
chevy pride
 
dekan513's Avatar
 
Drives: 2ss/rs
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: pikeville ky
Posts: 2,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro500 View Post
Guys lets put this in perspective;
He has tuned and worked on thousands of camaros and corvettes and has built many 800-1000 whp cars that run very strong and the track numbers are there to back this up. If you have 2-3 people who have had a bad experience or bad luck then you are looking at over a 99% satisfaction rate. That is extremely high for any industry standards. Even if he had a 95% lets put that into perspective. Are all of you happy with your home renovations, your painters, your plumbers, your electricians. Come on people, we all make mistakes.
There are clearly other excellent builders/tuners out there. Nearly every state has multiple great people working on cars. This should be expected!
I have been to jannetty racing, spoken over the phone and through emails with ted and his team and only have great things to say about my experience.
I am sure his intentions towards every customer are top notch and that he absolutely wants things to go well for them.
With the internet and various forums it is easy to get destroyed.
Everybody makes mistakes and we all know about the few cases on this thread that were clearly mistakes.
Lets not forget that the car he built, ran the fastest quarter mile time on stock displacement.
I have followed the threads closely and we can never know for sure what was discussed and done between both parties because it wasn't recorded or video taped.
it should be the fastest, but for the money he had spent with jre , he should be the fastest on about any list on this forum.
__________________

check out ky speeds fb page https://www.facebook.com/kyspeed
dekan513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:16 PM   #22
Nightmare2012
come find out;)
 
Drives: stockish 2012 camaro ss
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: speed county
Posts: 2,159
Poor Jaime has thrown 200k at that car if he wasn't the fastest there would be something incredibly wrong!.
Nightmare2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:17 PM   #23
realcanuk
 
realcanuk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Corvette C6 615 rwhp
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan513 View Post
it should be the fastest, but for the money he had spent with jre , he should be the fastest on about any list on this forum.

And for a little bit longer !!
__________________
2007 C6 vert, auto, F55, LT3
LME LS402 , WCCH 245 Heads, Pat G. Custom cam
E Force SC, ARH 1 7/8 headers, NPP with M2W
160 degree stat, Dual fans, Casper fan switch,
3.42 polished gears, hardened shafts, Alky control meth, Cartech line lock, ECS axle loops, Trans brace
ID 850 injectors, 2.75 pulley, comp rockers, Morel lifters, BT springs, Trend 3/8 pushrods, ATI 10% OD Damper
Circle D Triple Disc 2600 stall
780 RWHP @ 6250, 770 Lbs Torque @ 4300, Tuned by FEDERAL
New YSI build underway !!!
realcanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:43 PM   #24
12camaroSS
 
12camaroSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 camaro ss
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Jasper tn
Posts: 107
The reason I data logged, was because when I sent him the info on the mods to my car, I forgot to mention it had a stage 2 slp intake. And like said before, not one size fits all. Ted was very helpful on the tune and directions on how to data log and instructing how to install the tune, I'm sure he doesn't spend a lot of time to tune camaros just to have them blow up.
12camaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:12 PM   #25
Bo White



 
Bo White's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Summit White 1SS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vance Alabama
Posts: 2,917
So the engine light came on after or before the tune?
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.