Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Old 02-23-2014, 01:53 AM   #1
12camaroSS

Drives: 2012 camaro ss
Jannetty racing tune props!

Just got my car tuned from Ted at jannetty racing. I give full credit to the team and him for giving me full support while data logging and turning my camaro into a beast. Long story short, I would highly recommend them to tune your camaro! I have CAI and exhaust, my check engine light was on so I took it to the dealer, being said, my intake was causing to much air going into the engine. So I spoke with ted, he gave me a tune to data log with, then after a few more tweeking, he set me up with an animal! Thanks ted!
12camaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:59 AM   #2
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
I've heard he's about the best. Enjoy!
Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes
RX Catch Can
Husky Splash Guards
Heritage Grille
Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs
Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges
Emblem Pros Custom Retro SS Kickplates
Emblem Pros Under-hood Bowtie
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:11 AM   #3
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: 2011 2SS L99 SGM 2013 2SSRS LS3 BRM
12camaroSS is you car an automatic or manual trans?
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:43 AM   #4
Nutro

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Nice. A local guy bought the "xxx" package for his LS3 and didn't have much luck with it.
2011 L99 W/ Kooks Long Tubes, Ported TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Apex Catch can, Stainless Works 3" ZL-1 Catback, Overdriven Maggie @10 Pounds boost putting down 501/535 on a conservative tune. Oh and Forgestar 20's
Nutro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:10 AM   #5
GMTool

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12camaroSS View Post
Just got my car tuned from Ted at jannetty racing. I give full credit to the team and him for giving me full support while data logging and turning my camaro into a beast. Long story short, I would highly recommend them to tune your camaro! I have CAI and exhaust, my check engine light was on so I took it to the dealer, being said, my intake was causing to much air going into the engine. So I spoke with ted, he gave me a tune to data log with, then after a few more tweeking, he set me up with an animal! Thanks ted!
Glad your happy. I sometimes feel a little unclear about this data logging thing. With my basic bolt on's, I'm under the assumption that data logging is not necessary unless instructed to do so. Why did you have to data log with just an intake and exhaust? I read different things and sometimes wonder, maybe I should be data logging.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:34 AM   #6
LS3 SS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Old 02-23-2014, 10:38 AM   #7
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred

Drives: Cammed '12 2SS/RS LS3,'15 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Any data to back that up? There isn't just one tuner that's "the best".
Old 02-23-2014, 10:41 AM   #8
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey

Drives: TT/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTool View Post
Glad your happy. I sometimes feel a little unclear about this data logging thing. With my basic bolt on's, I'm under the assumption that data logging is not necessary unless instructed to do so. Why did you have to data log with just an intake and exhaust? I read different things and sometimes wonder, maybe I should be data logging.
People tend to datalog for extreme builds or remote tunes. If your car was dropped off for your tuner it should be fine. If it was a remote tune with no datalog then you probably just got a safe tune based off a similar car or tuner's knowledge, which won't be optimum but better power than stock file.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:41 AM   #9
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTool View Post
If it's an email tune you should be data logging because every car is different, it's not "one size fits all".
Old 02-23-2014, 10:46 AM   #10
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey

Drives: TT/SS
agreed
Old 02-23-2014, 11:08 AM   #11
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
How about he's really good. And here is some of why.

Talk to him. That's seriously a start. He's a straight shooter. He actually races. He took his ZL1 and put like every different kind of CAI and put it on there to show the difference on the Dyno one day. There's a bunch of guys with ZL1's that have his packages and I haven't seen one complaint on that subforum.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:09 AM   #12
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post

Talk to him. That's seriously a start. He's a straight shooter. He actually races. He took his ZL1 and put like every different kind of CAI and put it on there to show the difference on the Dyno one day. There's a bunch of guys with ZL1's that have his packages and I haven't seen one complaint on that subforum.
I'm not even going to respond to this.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:16 AM   #13
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
I'm not even going to respond to this.
I don't know what that means because you did. Good for you I guess. You said there isn't one "the best." You're probably right, I gave you reasons why Jannetty has earned people's respect, but I guess you're the cool smart guy.

Whatever, sorry for trying to be helpful.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:25 AM   #14
BlaqWhole

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Agreed.

Quote:

None of this makes a person or shop "the best". There are a lot of great shops out there that race their cars, that are straight shooters, have great customer service, and have lots of customers with fast cars who have reported great results. To be fair, everything you mentioned is simply what every tuner out there can claim and what they all should be doing in the first place. A lot of people these days and especially on this forum seem to think that a company is "the best" when in fact they are only doing what they're supposed to be doing. Like if I walk into a bank and they greet me politely and give me great customer service, that doesn't automatically make that bank the best bank on the planet especially if thats the only bank I ever been to. Suffice to say you're extremely happy with his work and you recommend him. But to say he is the best when he is the ONLY tuner you've dealt with is a bit of an exaggeration.

BTW, I realize it wasn't you who said he is the best. And I realize that palmerga said he "heard he's about the best". But still, just addressing the statement and also answering your question to Mikey.

Esmeralda (03 GT) - UDP, CAI, PP intake manifold/upper plenum/75mm TB, 4.10s, fully rebuilt/upgraded trans w/ Transpak, 2400 stall converter, full O/R exhaust, 04 Cobra tank/dual 255 LPH pumps, Sniper Tune!!

Saving the world...1 hp at a time!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 11:51 AM   #15
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Agreed.

None of this makes a person or shop "the best". There are a lot of great shops out there that race their cars, that are straight shooters, have great customer service, and have lots of customers with fast cars who have reported great results. To be fair, everything you mentioned is simply what every tuner out there can claim and what they all should be doing in the first place. A lot of people these days and especially on this forum seem to think that a company is "the best" when in fact they are only doing what they're supposed to be doing. Like if I walk into a bank and they greet me politely and give me great customer service, that doesn't automatically make that bank the best bank on the planet especially if thats the only bank I ever been to. Suffice to say you're extremely happy with his work and you recommend him. But to say he is the best when he is the ONLY tuner you've dealt with is a bit of an exaggeration.

BTW, I realize it wasn't you who said he is the best. And I realize that palmerga said he "heard he's about the best". But still, just addressing the statement and also answering your question to Mikey.
Thank you.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:13 PM   #16
camaro500

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Guys lets put this in perspective;
He has tuned and worked on thousands of camaros and corvettes and has built many 800-1000 whp cars that run very strong and the track numbers are there to back this up. If you have 2-3 people who have had a bad experience or bad luck then you are looking at over a 99% satisfaction rate. That is extremely high for any industry standards. Even if he had a 95% lets put that into perspective. Are all of you happy with your home renovations, your painters, your plumbers, your electricians. Come on people, we all make mistakes.
There are clearly other excellent builders/tuners out there. Nearly every state has multiple great people working on cars. This should be expected!
I have been to jannetty racing, spoken over the phone and through emails with ted and his team and only have great things to say about my experience.
I am sure his intentions towards every customer are top notch and that he absolutely wants things to go well for them.
With the internet and various forums it is easy to get destroyed.
Everybody makes mistakes and we all know about the few cases on this thread that were clearly mistakes.
Lets not forget that the car he built, ran the fastest quarter mile time on stock displacement.
I have followed the threads closely and we can never know for sure what was discussed and done between both parties because it wasn't recorded or video taped.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:43 PM   #17
ZO6 Bryan

Drives: 02 Z06, 95 Trans Am, 2012 ZL1
Quote:

You haven't seen the complaints because they all get deleted. And if he is so great why am I helping one of the forum members fix his ZL1 tune that was done by, you guessed it, JRE.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:35 PM   #18
joelster

Drives: '94 Z28+ '14 1LE
People would be best advised to do plenty of research before spending their hard earned coin. I'm on about 15-20 car forums weekly. This one is BY FAR, the most censored of them all. I understand protecting your sponsors and all that, but the credibility of the board SHOULD rise above making a buck. Go on some other sites and ask the same questions and it's likely you'll get a completely different answer. It's up to you to filter through the replies. Eventually you'll see a trend, and be able to formulate an educated decision. You want a fast ZL-1? Ask someone with a fast ZL-1 what they did. In fact ask a bunch of them. Go to an LSX shootout and ask around. You'll see a HUGE group of shops with successful race/street/strip cars making mind-blowing power, yet you won't hear a thing about them on here. Funny how that works...............
Old 02-23-2014, 07:15 PM   #19
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRealjokEs View Post
He has not earned anybodys repect, just all the bad stuff about him on this board gets deleted. use google.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:56 PM   #20
dekan513
chevy pride

Drives: 2ss/rs
Quote:
I don't know what that means because you did. Good for you I guess. You said there isn't one "the best." You're probably right, I gave you reasons why Jannetty has earned people's respect, but I guess you're the cool smart guy.

Whatever, sorry for trying to be helpful.
u might want to do a little research.

check out ky speeds fb page https://www.facebook.com/kyspeed
dekan513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:01 PM   #21
dekan513
chevy pride

Drives: 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro500 View Post
Guys lets put this in perspective;
He has tuned and worked on thousands of camaros and corvettes and has built many 800-1000 whp cars that run very strong and the track numbers are there to back this up. If you have 2-3 people who have had a bad experience or bad luck then you are looking at over a 99% satisfaction rate. That is extremely high for any industry standards. Even if he had a 95% lets put that into perspective. Are all of you happy with your home renovations, your painters, your plumbers, your electricians. Come on people, we all make mistakes.
There are clearly other excellent builders/tuners out there. Nearly every state has multiple great people working on cars. This should be expected!
I have been to jannetty racing, spoken over the phone and through emails with ted and his team and only have great things to say about my experience.
I am sure his intentions towards every customer are top notch and that he absolutely wants things to go well for them.
With the internet and various forums it is easy to get destroyed.
Everybody makes mistakes and we all know about the few cases on this thread that were clearly mistakes.
Lets not forget that the car he built, ran the fastest quarter mile time on stock displacement.
I have followed the threads closely and we can never know for sure what was discussed and done between both parties because it wasn't recorded or video taped.
it should be the fastest, but for the money he had spent with jre , he should be the fastest on about any list on this forum.

check out ky speeds fb page https://www.facebook.com/kyspeed
dekan513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:16 PM   #22
Nightmare2012
come find out;)

Drives: stockish 2012 camaro ss
Poor Jaime has thrown 200k at that car if he wasn't the fastest there would be something incredibly wrong!.
Nightmare2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:17 PM   #23
realcanuk

Drives: 2007 Corvette C6 615 rwhp
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan513 View Post
it should be the fastest, but for the money he had spent with jre , he should be the fastest on about any list on this forum.

And for a little bit longer !!
160 degree stat, Dual fans, Casper fan switch,
3.42 polished gears, hardened shafts, Alky control meth, Cartech line lock, ECS axle loops, Trans brace
ID 850 injectors, 2.75 pulley, comp rockers, Morel lifters, BT springs, Trend 3/8 pushrods, ATI 10% OD Damper
Circle D Triple Disc 2600 stall
780 RWHP @ 6250, 770 Lbs Torque @ 4300, Tuned by FEDERAL
New YSI build underway !!!
realcanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:43 PM   #24
12camaroSS

Drives: 2012 camaro ss
The reason I data logged, was because when I sent him the info on the mods to my car, I forgot to mention it had a stage 2 slp intake. And like said before, not one size fits all. Ted was very helpful on the tune and directions on how to data log and instructing how to install the tune, I'm sure he doesn't spend a lot of time to tune camaros just to have them blow up.
12camaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:12 PM   #25
Bo White

Drives: 2010 Summit White 1SS
So the engine light came on after or before the tune?
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote