Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 07-27-2009, 02:46 PM   #1
katman

Drives: 2LT Auto RS sunroof
question regarding sunroof frame flex

I saw a picture of the camaro frame before the body panels go onto car and it shows a cross brace running front-to-rear right down the middle of the car just below the roof line. My question is: With a factory sunroof, would the frame have (2) braces, one on either side of the sunroof to support the flex caused by the sunroof? Or is the centered support just removed.???? A picture of a frame would be great to see. Thanks!
katman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:55 PM   #2
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
I think they put 2 braces in when the mohawk comes out. I don't remember seeing any complaints about body stiffness with the sunroof.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 03:18 PM   #3
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I'd almost imagine that this sort of bracing may not be completely necessary. The way the windshield and backglass are structural components to the body suggests to me that they would help the torsion strain on the body and render additional bracing for the sunroof unnecessary. That's just my .02 though...
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 03:22 PM   #4
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
I'd almost imagine that this sort of bracing may not be completely necessary. The way the windshield and backglass are structural components to the body suggests to me that they would help the torsion strain on the body and render additional bracing for the sunroof unnecessary. That's just my .02 though...
F*ck you're smart. That's exactly what is up with the car. If you look at some of the early pics in the sheetmetal area, you will notice that there is no center bar. It's a similar set-up with the Stang which allows them to offer the full glass roof.