Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2009, 02:36 PM   #1
Bryan @ Speed Inc.

 
Drives: 2002z28
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: chicago
Posts: 46
Speed Inc's 2010 Camaro ready to get blown!!!

We just got the car in after lunch for cool down and tear down. We plan to be on the dyno tomorrow. The blower will be the only addition over stock at this time.

some pics







more pics and dyno results to come
Bryan @ Speed Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:52 PM   #2
Tran
Administrator
 
Tran's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NE baby
Posts: 4,980
Very nice!! Looking forward to the dyno.
__________________
>>> Visit our CAMARO BLOG <<<<
>>> Visit our CORVETTE BLOG <<<<
Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 05:00 PM   #3
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail
 
NAHURRY's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Greenville SC.
Posts: 1,422
Watching.
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:28 PM   #4
03ss
 
Drives: 03' Silverado SS/ TBSS 06'
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 64
Looks Nice. Any pictures of the heat exchanger for the water? Does the stock intake hook up to the supercharger? Kinda Curious how the Fuel hooks up. Hard to tell from the pictures. Anyone have an idea on what size injectors they are using on this setup. Looks like they finally stopped using the Green tops (42's). wonder how much HP they can support to.
__________________
03' Silverado SS
03ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:03 PM   #5
Bryan @ Speed Inc.

 
Drives: 2002z28
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: chicago
Posts: 46
note: The car is stock other then Magnuson blower.

stock induction :

484 rwhp
471 rwhp


added Roto CAI combined with Magnuson tube

518 rwhp
486 rwtq




IATs 95 at the start of the run and 120 at the end

The car will be going to the track tomorrow on a drag radial for testing:devil:
Bryan @ Speed Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:08 PM   #6
Crowley
Okie doke
 
Crowley's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 GT500
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: McKinney Texas
Posts: 3,770
Nice .... where do you pick up the Magnason Tube?

Thanks,
Crowley
__________________
Crowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:21 PM   #7
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,040
NICE! That OEM air box must present a pretty high restriction. It's nice to see other CAI kits will be compatible with this SC; hopefully more can be confirmed as time goes on. Were the only changes the SC and the CAI then? I imagine a tune was included. It'll be interesting to see more numbers with a CB and headers

Thanks for sharing!
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:41 PM   #8
Kilo-9
Dog Is My Copilot
 
Kilo-9's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
Nice .... where do you pick up the Magnason Tube?

Thanks,
Crowley
I think he means the intake tube included with the Magnuson kit.
__________________
Kilo-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:01 AM   #9
usmcjlp

 
Drives: 2SS/RS LS3 RJT
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 755
Bryan@speedinc,

Please keep posting. Those are pretty impressive numbers. Better than a lot of builds I've seen. I would like to see what happens when a full exhaust system is applied. Do you intend to do anything to the internals? If you have a website for your company, please list it.
usmcjlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:30 AM   #10
Crowley
Okie doke
 
Crowley's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 GT500
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: McKinney Texas
Posts: 3,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo-9 View Post
I think he means the intake tube included with the Magnuson kit.


Ahh .. I wasn't aware that the tube came with it ... good to know

Crowley
__________________
Crowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:10 AM   #11
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcjlp View Post
Bryan@speedinc,

Please keep posting. Those are pretty impressive numbers. Better than a lot of builds I've seen. I would like to see what happens when a full exhaust system is applied. Do you intend to do anything to the internals? If you have a website for your company, please list it.
Did Hennessey do a 600 RWHP TVS2300 car with CAI, full exhaust, and 10 psi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
Ahh .. I wasn't aware that the tube came with it ... good to know

Crowley
I think that tube is to be used with the kit and OEM air cleaner in order to conform to CARB certification.
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:31 AM   #12
vsgls1
 
vsgls1's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 GMC Sierra
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Palm Bay, FL
Posts: 424
Send a message via AIM to vsgls1
Good data. I see a CAI in my future.
__________________
Keith 2SS/RS MN6 in CGM. Delivered 6/22/09. Blown 7/29/09. Sold 12/6/10.
07 GMC Sierra
vsgls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:05 AM   #13
Bryan @ Speed Inc.

 
Drives: 2002z28
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: chicago
Posts: 46
TRACK RESULTS!

so... bad day to go to the track and try and get a feel for the new setup. The ride was over 2 hrs in traffic and then over 1 hr in tech. We gave the car about a 15 minute cool down and went for it.

car just turned 1000 miles on the trip up to the track
1/2 tank of 93 BP
race weight..I would say 4K

tires were M&H 345/35/18 : http://www.mandhtires.com/store.php?...on=show_detail

2 runs is what I got...Jim got one off and Dan had a clutch pedal on the floor issue.

#1 tried a 3800ish launch with a smooth, but quick clutch release which resulted in a little spin and hop which I quickly pedaled through. I power shifted at approx 6500 ( stock tach ), but it did not seem to like the power shift at times...slight hesitation since I think the flare would hit the limiter. I tried to run out 3rd gear, but just short of the stripe the car nosed over from the limiter.

2.1 60ft
91 1/8
12.38
119.5

#2 was about 1 hr after the above mentioned clutch pedal stuck on the floor for Dan I decided to try it again. The hood stayed shut for the time it was sitting and the clutch still had a horrible smell. I worked the car through staging for about an hr and then finally got the second run. I came out at approx 3200 ( worried about clutch ) with a quick, but smooth clutch release again and had just a touch of spin/hop and stayed in it. The run felt good here...did not power shift 1-2 and shifted about 6200 on all gears + pulled 4th this time.


1.84 60ft
93 1/8
11.87
118.4

We really feel a gear or shorter tire would really help the car work well both on the front and back of the track

so we are very happy with the car considering lack of time last night to get a feel for the car. We will get back out and work the ET some very soon.
Bryan @ Speed Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:17 PM   #14
Bryan @ Speed Inc.

 
Drives: 2002z28
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: chicago
Posts: 46
updates on the project :

-3.6 6 rib upper ( was 3.8 )

-Innovators 10% overdrive 8 rib truck crank pulley
( we will be going 8 rib at some point )

We also took and modified an 03/04 Cobra HE reservoir for some added cooling capacity. We think it looks good and should help out some.

We are waiting on some LS9 injectors to get us by for now.





Bryan @ Speed Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:36 PM   #15
Ultimate Performance
 
Ultimate Performance's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro L99
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 73
Good Luck with your project, looks good..What 18" wheel are you using with the M&H tires?

Also do you know the backspacing on the wheels? The Brembos are hard to clear


EDIT*** Nevermind, I saw that you posted it in the drag section as well
Ultimate Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:46 PM   #16
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,040
Looking good
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:32 PM   #17
vsgls1
 
vsgls1's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 GMC Sierra
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Palm Bay, FL
Posts: 424
Send a message via AIM to vsgls1
Projected boost with new pulleys?
__________________
Keith 2SS/RS MN6 in CGM. Delivered 6/22/09. Blown 7/29/09. Sold 12/6/10.
07 GMC Sierra
vsgls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:46 PM   #18
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,765
I didn't see it stated but I'm gonna guess you did a dyno tune yourselves?

And what was the problem with the clutch?

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:33 PM   #19
Ultimate Performance
 
Ultimate Performance's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro L99
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan @ Speed Inc. View Post
so... bad day to go to the track and try and get a feel for the new setup. The ride was over 2 hrs in traffic and then over 1 hr in tech. We gave the car about a 15 minute cool down and went for it.

car just turned 1000 miles on the trip up to the track
1/2 tank of 93 BP
race weight..I would say 4K

tires were M&H 345/35/18 : http://www.mandhtires.com/store.php?...on=show_detail

2 runs is what I got...Jim got one off and Dan had a clutch pedal on the floor issue.

#1 tried a 3800ish launch with a smooth, but quick clutch release which resulted in a little spin and hop which I quickly pedaled through. I power shifted at approx 6500 ( stock tach ), but it did not seem to like the power shift at times...slight hesitation since I think the flare would hit the limiter. I tried to run out 3rd gear, but just short of the stripe the car nosed over from the limiter.

2.1 60ft
91 1/8
12.38
119.5

#2 was about 1 hr after the above mentioned clutch pedal stuck on the floor for Dan I decided to try it again. The hood stayed shut for the time it was sitting and the clutch still had a horrible smell. I worked the car through staging for about an hr and then finally got the second run. I came out at approx 3200 ( worried about clutch ) with a quick, but smooth clutch release again and had just a touch of spin/hop and stayed in it. The run felt good here...did not power shift 1-2 and shifted about 6200 on all gears + pulled 4th this time.


1.84 60ft
93 1/8
11.87
118.4

We really feel a gear or shorter tire would really help the car work well both on the front and back of the track

so we are very happy with the car considering lack of time last night to get a feel for the car. We will get back out and work the ET some very soon.
A 26" tire will do the trick....
Ultimate Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:46 PM   #20
JM10
Se habla espaņol
 
JM10's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS VR
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Arizona/Sonora
Posts: 607

Will this package include all of the mods you mentioned above (pulley, HO reservoir, etc)?

JM10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:51 PM   #21
JM10
Se habla espaņol
 
JM10's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS VR
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Arizona/Sonora
Posts: 607


JM
JM10 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CAMARO WIKI Tran Wiki 47 02-19-2014 03:23 PM
2010 Mustang GT vs 2010 Camaro SS Fireball Chevy Camaro vs... 257 05-18-2009 11:04 AM
Tom Henry Racing Announces a Special Edition 2010 Camaro! TAG UR IT 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 72 04-30-2009 12:57 PM
Ambient lighting (ABL) - the FINAL update = LIMITED TO DOOR PANELS CamaroScotty 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 338 04-15-2009 05:33 PM
Hennessey 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 705-HP!! (HPE700) Caliman93230 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 172 04-01-2009 06:12 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.