Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

USA - Southeast AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN, VA, WV

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2009, 08:55 PM   #151
dursin
 
Drives: Suburban
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Orlando
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by A62010SS View Post
Nice group of cars. How many 5th Gens showed up? How many did dyno runs? What were the numbers from the dyno runs? The build up to this was high and I think from the pics there were 10 or so there. Good job on the spoiler.
I didn't get there until after noon, but from what I could see it looked like a lot more than 10 showed up...my guess would be closer to 20, perhaps a bit higher. There were a few non-Camaro's there as well, including my 09 Challenger, couple Corvettes, a nice Mercedes and a nice 1972 Challenger that was featured on an episode of the Overhaulin' TV show.

Only watched a few dyno runs. Last 2010 Camaro I watched pulled a bit over 377 hp
dursin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:10 PM   #152
thjr59
 
thjr59's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Spring Hill, FL
Posts: 82
There was a twin turbo camaro that pulled 493 hp. Mine was the IOM with white stripes. Mine is stock and the dyno was 316 hp-322 torque. It was nice to see all the new camaros lined up and to see the different colors.
thjr59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:30 PM   #153
dursin
 
Drives: Suburban
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Orlando
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by thjr59 View Post
There was a twin turbo camaro that pulled 493 hp. Mine was the IOM with white stripes. Mine is stock and the dyno was 316 hp-322 torque. It was nice to see all the new camaros lined up and to see the different colors.
Was that the older ('97 I think) Camaro? That one sounded good up on the dyno.
dursin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:54 PM   #154
camaroluver
Tampa Gulf Coast Family
 
camaroluver's Avatar
 
Drives: '05 Impala, '10 IOM Camaro SS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fort Meade, FL
Posts: 570
Send a message via AIM to camaroluver
Quote:
Originally Posted by dursin View Post
I didn't get there until after noon, but from what I could see it looked like a lot more than 10 showed up...my guess would be closer to 20, perhaps a bit higher. There were a few non-Camaro's there as well, including my 09 Challenger, couple Corvettes, a nice Mercedes and a nice 1972 Challenger that was featured on an episode of the Overhaulin' TV show.

Only watched a few dyno runs. Last 2010 Camaro I watched pulled a bit over 377 hp
That was mine! I forgot my dang camera , but thanks to dursin for being nice enough to take a few pics of the dyno and even a small video for me!

Here is the link to the video he posted on youtube


My husband and I talked to a few of you all but I don't think we ever got anyones names lol. Thanks again to NLP and everyone else that set today up.

__________________
2010 Camaro 2SS IOM/Black Interior/Black Hood & Hockey Stripes #26,805
Ordered 1/30/09 as a surprise for me by the best husband ever! Delivered 8/6/09 to me!!!

camaroluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:19 AM   #155
thjr59
 
thjr59's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Spring Hill, FL
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by dursin View Post
Was that the older ('97 I think) Camaro? That one sounded good up on the dyno.
No it was a silver 2010ss
thjr59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:38 PM   #156
myblackcamaros
 
myblackcamaros's Avatar
 
Drives: #156 ZL575, 97 SS, 87 IROC-Z
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: EUSTIS, FL
Posts: 490
Great time yesterday. It was cool to see that many newbies at one spot. Also Geoff and company did a great job. Enjoyed the people and the meet. It was cool to meet some of you from the forum. I can't believe I had the only black car there.
__________________

Last edited by myblackcamaros; 09-01-2009 at 03:42 PM.
myblackcamaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:44 PM   #157
Ltdodge

 
Ltdodge's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Z06
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oviedo, Florida
Posts: 893
it was a fun day...meet lots of great camaro owners and non owners..
I was the orange with grey stripes next to the cyber grey with the new spoiler

I got 352 HP and 358 Tq on a stock LS3 only Borla Axle back touring exhaust

next time we should have this in the winter time in March or so...should be a cooler day
__________________
Ltdodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:55 PM   #158
khislop007
ZEUSS
 
khislop007's Avatar
 
Drives: Hard!
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Cayman Islands
Posts: 2,575
I had a great time yesterday. It was also nice to meet all you guys. Sorry i left a bit early but the it was a little bit too much for the kids. Sorry I didn't get to see some of you guys before I left. I was planning on coming back but it was getting a bit late and we had to drive back to Ft Lauderdale.

Geoff, Eric, Stephanie, Keith.......was nice to meet you all. Geoff/Eric I'll PM you about the intake.
__________________
khislop007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:03 PM   #159
Jchaluja

 
Jchaluja's Avatar
 
Drives: Twin Turbo Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by dursin View Post
Was that the older ('97 I think) Camaro? That one sounded good up on the dyno.
That was my TT 2010 Camaro built by Intense Racing in Ohio, this car had a dyno pull less than a week ago in Ohio and it pulled 545 rwhp.....I guess I should've put the good gas on the car, based on my dyno sheet, Geoff said it was detonating and it wasn't smooth.....I'll make sure I use the proper gas next time. Thanks Geoff for everything!

It was great to see so many camaros and other nice cars, sorry I had to leave early (noon), the 95* weather did not help with my 3yo twin kids. I guess I like twin everyhting

I'll be going to the track as soon as I can, this Wednesday perhaps, but it's supposed to rain, so we'll see. I'll make sure to post some pics and videos.
Jchaluja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:13 PM   #160
N2008T
 
Drives: 2SS RS Auto
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sanford FL
Posts: 27
It was a nice event My stock L99 pulled 313hp

Hope to see you again soon

Jeff Ryndak
N2008T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:31 PM   #161
camaroluver
Tampa Gulf Coast Family
 
camaroluver's Avatar
 
Drives: '05 Impala, '10 IOM Camaro SS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fort Meade, FL
Posts: 570
Send a message via AIM to camaroluver
Quote:
Originally Posted by myblackcamaros View Post
Great time yesterday. It was cool to see that many newbies at one spot. Also Geoff and company did a great job. Enjoyed the people and the meet. It was cool to meet some of the some of you guys of the forum. I can't believe I had the only black car there.
Yeah I thought the black would have been more popular. From what I saw I think there were more IOM. Go figure I would pick a popular color lol. That is why I didn't go with black. They are all beautiful colors, wish I could have one of each!
__________________
2010 Camaro 2SS IOM/Black Interior/Black Hood & Hockey Stripes #26,805
Ordered 1/30/09 as a surprise for me by the best husband ever! Delivered 8/6/09 to me!!!

camaroluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 06:32 AM   #162
A62010SS
 
Drives: 2010SS
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 60
I guess the pics do not do the 5th Gen count justice. I thought there may be an official count maybe from Indpowr or NLp for total cars as well as how many went on the dyno.
Nice numbers camaroluver!
A62010SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:10 AM   #163
camaroluver
Tampa Gulf Coast Family
 
camaroluver's Avatar
 
Drives: '05 Impala, '10 IOM Camaro SS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fort Meade, FL
Posts: 570
Send a message via AIM to camaroluver
Quote:
Originally Posted by A62010SS View Post
I guess the pics do not do the 5th Gen count justice. I thought there may be an official count maybe from Indpowr or NLp for total cars as well as how many went on the dyno.
Nice numbers camaroluver!
Thanks, not to bad for what little bit has been done. If my husband had his way it would probably have a supercharger or turbo on it.
__________________
2010 Camaro 2SS IOM/Black Interior/Black Hood & Hockey Stripes #26,805
Ordered 1/30/09 as a surprise for me by the best husband ever! Delivered 8/6/09 to me!!!

camaroluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:22 AM   #164
Next Level Performance
 
Drives: HP higher
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Altamonte Springs, FL
Posts: 96
A Big Thanks goes out to everyone who showed up, it was a great day and turnout, I think the total number was over 30 cars, about 20 of them were new Camaros, and 11 dyno's. There were more cars up front that weren't in the pictures, I didn't get a chance to get an official count, too busy on the dyno, and talking with everybody.

I am thinking of maybe having next year's before spring so it won't be so hot, let me know what everyone thinks about maybe April or May, maybe even twice a year, spring and fall??

Again, Thanks to everyone, it was a great show, and a lot of Great looking cars.

Geoff.
Next Level Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:34 PM   #165
vsgls1
 
vsgls1's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 GMC Sierra
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Palm Bay, FL
Posts: 424
Send a message via AIM to vsgls1
Spring & Fall works well.
__________________
Keith 2SS/RS MN6 in CGM. Delivered 6/22/09. Blown 7/29/09. Sold 12/6/10.
07 GMC Sierra
vsgls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:50 PM   #166
khislop007
ZEUSS
 
khislop007's Avatar
 
Drives: Hard!
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Cayman Islands
Posts: 2,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Level Performance View Post
A Big Thanks goes out to everyone who showed up, it was a great day and turnout, I think the total number was over 30 cars, about 20 of them were new Camaros, and 11 dyno's. There were more cars up front that weren't in the pictures, I didn't get a chance to get an official count, too busy on the dyno, and talking with everybody.

I am thinking of maybe having next year's before spring so it won't be so hot, let me know what everyone thinks about maybe April or May, maybe even twice a year, spring and fall??

Again, Thanks to everyone, it was a great show, and a lot of Great looking cars.

Geoff.
Either one works for me! I'll be there This time I'll fly to Tampa or Orlando. Can't afford speeding tickets

Getting caught speeding from Miami to Orlando doing 88mph in a 70 - $131
Getting pulled over in a rented camaro SS......Priceless!
Attached Images
 
__________________
khislop007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 06:08 PM   #167
SoFlaZ

 
SoFlaZ's Avatar
 
Drives: Nothing special :-(
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: FL
Posts: 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by khislop007 View Post
Either one works for me! I'll be there This time I'll fly to Tampa or Orlando. Can't afford speeding tickets

Getting caught speeding from Miami to Orlando doing 88mph in a 70 - $131
Getting pulled over in a rented camaro SS......Priceless!
Ouch, those FHP guys are AHOLES!!! Only been pulled over once by them but have heard stories.
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:37 PM   #168
Next Level Performance
 
Drives: HP higher
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Altamonte Springs, FL
Posts: 96
See this thread for video -

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...750#post876750
Next Level Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:22 PM   #169
Todd @ INTENSE
 
Drives: 2009 PBM G8 GT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Westerville, Ohio
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchaluja View Post
That was my TT 2010 Camaro built by Intense Racing in Ohio, this car had a dyno pull less than a week ago in Ohio and it pulled 545 rwhp.....I guess I should've put the good gas on the car, based on my dyno sheet, Geoff said it was detonating and it wasn't smooth.....I'll make sure I use the proper gas next time. Thanks Geoff for everything!

It was great to see so many camaros and other nice cars, sorry I had to leave early (noon), the 95* weather did not help with my 3yo twin kids. I guess I like twin everyhting

I'll be going to the track as soon as I can, this Wednesday perhaps, but it's supposed to rain, so we'll see. I'll make sure to post some pics and videos.
Twin Turbos, Twin Kids, when are you getting the second Camaro?
Todd @ INTENSE is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2SS Silver Ice Metallic at ATL Car SHow Cmurf_SS Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 40 11-09-2009 09:38 PM
Texas and surrounding City Owners Come Inside!! Possible Dyno Day Late Model Racecraft USA - Texas 30 07-23-2009 12:40 AM
June 20th FREE DYNO PULLS and Pedders DAY At East TExas MUscle Cars east TX Muscle cars USA - Texas 2 07-10-2009 05:38 PM
Race Proven Motorsports Dyno Day June 13th!!! Frans96ss USA - Mid-Atlantic 5 06-12-2009 01:06 AM
Race Proven Motorsports Dyno Day June 13th!!! Frans96ss USA - NY / NJ / PA 1 06-11-2009 07:44 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.