Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2014, 04:56 PM   #26
TECHTURTLE
 
TECHTURTLE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 19
Can't we all just get along?..

Sorry, I don't post much but I have to say that I've gotten a lot of good info from this site. So it's a great resource.

But remember there is no such thing as a free lunch... So if the guys that pay for this site want to block something, so be it.
__________________
CAI Cold Air Intake
Kooks Headers w/ High Flow Cats
Elite Engineering Catch Can
Hotchkis front and rear sways
Strut Tower Brace
Street Scenes Splitter and Ducts
Katzkin Black/Orange Leather Interior
MTI Racing tune... 419 RWHP 413 Torque
TECHTURTLE is offline  
Old 02-27-2014, 05:21 PM   #27
SlowTurtle
 
Drives: camaro turtle
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: somewhere in the south
Posts: 282
free dietcoke
__________________
This nick no longer in use. Please direct all future pms to 'Dietcoke'
SlowTurtle is offline  
Old 02-27-2014, 05:25 PM   #28
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NAS Whiting Field
Posts: 14,219
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I'm trying to help people with vendor-related bans. We have hundreds, if not thousands, of account bans on file, and I am not reviewing every ban on site. If you know of a specific case related to vendor issues, I'll entertain it. Otherwise, I'm referring banned people directly to Tran to plead their cases.
The_Blur is offline  
Old 02-27-2014, 05:27 PM   #29
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie
 
TBone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ChiTown, IL
Posts: 1,828
Here is the thing with this board, for the good or bad, is that at times it can be too PC. But it is the way it has handled things lately that has everyone in an uproar. The ban hammer swings way too quickly without giving anyone the benefit of doubt. Because of that we have lost some valuable, knowledgeable and helpful members.

Look, we (the public posters) know that the Mods/Admin have been on the lookout for trolling and we have been on our tippy toes trying to get our point across without upsetting you or anyone else. But the perception is, by you banning us left and right, that you favor the vendors over us by doing so. There has to be a better way of handling this and I think I have an idea that came from a personal experience right here on this board.

I posted something that I thought was innocent and harmless. Another member did not think it was so innocent and was actually very upset by my post. Now, as an adult he came to me and said I do not care for your post and explained why. After reading his post I understood his point of view which had not even crossed my mind before he mentioned it. I mean I just thought the post was funny as I am one to post a lot of funny crap. But, again, after looking at it from his point of view, it really wasn’t, so I replaced it with something else. All of this was done without the need to involve the Mods/Admin.

Now, using this as an example maybe the Mods/Admin could realize that not everyone has the same point of view and are not out to Troll as much as is thought and give us posters a little benefit of doubt. Maybe you could come up with a way to clear out what is posted, leave a “Post was edited for possible trolling” note in the post so the OP can come back in and clean it up in such a way as to get their point across without upsetting everyone. Then send them a PM warning them they are on Probation for trolling. Of course if you have to do this to the same person over and over well maybe that person needs to take a class but I think others might actually get the hint and find a better way to post. This way, maybe, just maybe, we can both, Posters and Admin/Mods, find a little bit of leeway and benefit of doubt to just get past this little hiccup of understanding we seem to find ourselves in.

I am not trying to tell y'all how to do your jobs, just giving a possible idea to try and get through a rocky period. Just my $.02, no change required.


T.
__________________
"Horsepower is something that looks great in a Magazine article, but suspension is what actually gets you around the track fast.." Jack Olsen
The drag strip is like sniffing glue, it's cheap, it's a decent buzz, it doesn't last long and they are all the same.
Road racing is like China White Heroin, the buzz is stronger, the high lasts for hours, it's extremely addictive and they are all different.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS used to OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline  
Old 02-27-2014, 05:31 PM   #30
nyny69

 
nyny69's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM SS
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 1,312
I need a mod to contact me somehow. I'd like to post something
nyny69 is offline  
Old 02-27-2014, 05:37 PM   #31
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NAS Whiting Field
Posts: 14,219
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Alright, you guys don't want to be—I'll use your words, even if I don't think they apply—"politically correct" on the forum. Consider this. Camaro5 is unique because officials working for General Motors post here. While they have accounts elsewhere, they feel comfortable posting on a site that is family-friendly and therefore does not tolerate cussing, illegal activity, or hostility toward members. If we relax on the "politically correct" behavior, how eager do you think our friends at GM would be to participate in Camaro5Fest? How often do you think they'd post if every time a speeding ticket were discussed most of the thread bashed the police or most of our "Camaro Vs." section were filled with street racing videos that endanger the public?

I can't speak for GM, but if I represented them I'd be weary of being interpreted as endorsing illegal behavior. That's a scandal waiting to happen, and heads would roll. I like GM being safe to post here, and so do you.

I would say that you have a choice—a site that is inviting to everyone or a site that has no rules—but I can't entertain diplomacy forever. We as moderators have maintained a culture on this site that's been relatively consistent for years. I was a member long before I was a moderator. It's different on the other side. It's easy to complain that people get banned for no reason, but you don't see the reasons, do you? On this side, I see the posts we delete. Your friends that you say are getting banned left and right are getting banned for their offensive content.

I agreed to go out of my way to reevaluate cases, but I haven't received a case yet related to vendor feedback. Is it possible that you guys don't know anyone kicked from the site for that reason? If that's the case, this thread is going no where fast.

GM's involvement is just one thing that comes to mind for me that motivates me to keep it clean here. If you want to post offensive stuff or illegal stuff, just do it somewhere else. This site is here to talk about Camaros. We should be able to do that in a friendly way in accordance with the rules.
The_Blur is offline  
Old 02-27-2014, 05:42 PM   #32
nyny69

 
nyny69's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM SS
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 1,312
Blur,

I was able to see your PM but can not respond to it
nyny69 is offline  
Old 02-27-2014, 05:43 PM   #33
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NAS Whiting Field
Posts: 14,219
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny69 View Post
Blur,

I was able to see your PM but can not respond to it
Very well—just post it up. If I need to delete it, I'll do so without infracting you.
The_Blur is offline  
Old 02-27-2014, 05:44 PM   #34
nyny69

 
nyny69's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM SS
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 1,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Very well—just post it up. If I need to delete it, I'll do so without infracting you.
Thank You
nyny69 is offline  
Old 02-27-2014, 05:47 PM   #35
AG1LE

 
AG1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 RRM 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,410
Seems like we're moving in the right direction - I really hope something comes of it. The recent "obvious" example (alluded to in several posts above) was a real eye-opener for me, and forced me to conclude that this site might not be everything I initially thought. I'd rather see heated discussion/argument with real content/information than have the site restricted to fluff. Deleting an anti-vendor post before it even really gets started (and certainly before anything offensive was posted) reflects poorly on both the vendor and the forum.

Blur - I'm impressed that you are taking this head-on, and thank you for taking this topic seriously.
AG1LE is offline  
Old 02-27-2014, 05:51 PM   #36
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NAS Whiting Field
Posts: 14,219
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMWNERW View Post
Seems like we're moving in the right direction - I really hope something comes of it. The recent "obvious" example (alluded to in several posts above) was a real eye-opener for me, and forced me to conclude that this site might not be everything I initially thought. I'd rather see heated discussion/argument with real content/information than have the site restricted to fluff. Deleting an anti-vendor post before it even really gets started (and certainly before anything offensive was posted) reflects poorly on both the vendor and the forum.

Blur - I'm impressed that you are taking this head-on, and thank you for taking this topic seriously.
The community here is very important to me. I've learned a lot from you guys, and in many cases your experiences have guided my decisions with my car. You should not have to worry whether quality content will be deleted. That being said, I'm confident that most threads getting shut down are exactly what I suspect: people getting out of hand. It might start out alright, but it doesn't stay that way. A lot of good threads have been closed because a few guys just got too heated.

Even though I doubt these claims of maliciously closed threads and banned members, I'm eager to investigate them as soon as someone gives me some screen names.
The_Blur is offline  
Old 02-27-2014, 05:59 PM   #37
AG1LE

 
AG1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 RRM 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
The community here is very important to me. I've learned a lot from you guys, and in many cases your experiences have guided my decisions with my car. You should not have to worry whether quality content will be deleted. That being said, I'm confident that most threads getting shut down are exactly what I suspect: people getting out of hand. It might start out alright, but it doesn't stay that way. A lot of good threads have been closed because a few guys just got too heated.

Even though I doubt these claims of maliciously closed threads and banned members, I'm eager to investigate them as soon as someone gives me some screen names.
PM sent

IMO it makes sense to delete the offending posts and cite/restrict/ban the trouble-makers. Otherwise, it is too easy for someone with a differing opinion to intentionally get an entire thread deleted.
AG1LE is offline  
Old 02-27-2014, 06:00 PM   #38
nyny69

 
nyny69's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM SS
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 1,312
Blur,

Thank you. I tried to keep it to the facts. Jannetty is welcomed to respond and defend himself. I will continue to stick with the facts
nyny69 is offline  
Old 02-27-2014, 06:01 PM   #39
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred
 
mikeyg36's Avatar
 
Drives: Cammed '12 2SS/RS LS3 '15 Z/28
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 8,247
I'll throw in my .02 cents, the administration on here does not understand the true definition of trolling. A troll is someone who's sole reason for a post is to piss people off and cause a reaction, if a member on here has a couple thousand posts and is known for helping a lot of people out, they cannot be a troll. If that member decides to make a post saying that they don't like a vendor and gives a legitimate reason why, they are not trolling they are giving an opinion. Trolling would be posting something like "LOLOLOLOL APEX SUCKS LOLOLOL". That deserves a ban. I understand protecting your vendors, but you need to protect your members as well, because we pay through the advertisements.
__________________
Click For Build Thread ***CAI Intake, ARH LTs, FSP Big NA Cam, Tuned By Matt@FSP***
mikeyg36 is offline  
Old 02-27-2014, 06:09 PM   #40
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NAS Whiting Field
Posts: 14,219
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMWNERW View Post
PM sent

IMO it makes sense to delete the offending posts and cite/restrict/ban the trouble-makers. Otherwise, it is too easy for someone with a differing opinion to intentionally get an entire thread deleted.
We can tell the difference. We're not robots.

I've been known to ninja threads and take out just the bad stuff.

Let me share this before I get a butt ton more screen names. Your friends are going to tell you they were persecuted and targeted to leave. That's not the case. We don't care that much. We're here to talk about Camaros, aren't you?

Anyway, here's how a guy usually gets kicked off:
  1. break the rules by calling someone an idiot, even if they deserved it (get a warning)
  2. get angry at warning, call mods Nazis, complain in a public thread (get an infraction because that's not helpful to anyone)
  3. argue with mod, stay online while angry, post something stupid or offensive (get a 10-day ban because posting aggressive content doesn't help either)
  4. come back either hating authority (mods) and end up becoming a troll (ban) or cooling off (all is good)

It doesn't have to be like that. A warning is nothing. No one's keeping track. We've had members get a ton of those, and if they're spread out no one cares. Then you've got guys that seem to turn bad as soon as they say something they shouldn't have said. They get a warning, then say more things and get a ban. If you or your friend gets an infraction, we're not out to get you. I promise. It's just a formal way of saying, "Whoa there—don't lose it."

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
I'll throw in my .02 cents, the administration on here does not understand the true definition of trolling. A troll is someone who's sole reason for a post is to piss people off and cause a reaction, if a member on here has a couple thousand posts and is known for helping a lot of people out, they cannot be a troll. If that member decides to make a post saying that they don't like a vendor and gives a legitimate reason why, they are not trolling they are giving an opinion. Trolling would be posting something like "LOLOLOLOL APEX SUCKS LOLOLOL". That deserves a ban. I understand protecting your vendors, but you need to protect your members as well, because we pay through the advertisements.
I've been here all day, and I still haven't found a case where we wrongfully kicked someone. I'll keep looking, but these guys are getting bans from stupid posts, usually calling someone names or crapping on their thread.
The_Blur is offline  
Old 02-27-2014, 07:11 PM   #41
mbacamaross
 
mbacamaross's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 tahoe LT 04 silverado SS
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 2010 camaro 2ss/rs
Posts: 195
First off I want to apologize if there's any misspelling in my grammar I'm currently talking via Siri and driving.

I think the point got a little bit misinterpreted. When I or we were referring to deleted posts we agree on having posts that are volgar, mean or ill will towards someone deleted that is not the issue.

I was referring to posts or thread that were very honest & opinionated that were deleted. There's post that did not talk bad about anyone it was just a bad experience regarding parts vendor or tuner.

Can you tell me why this post is in someway derogatory or insulting. This member was banned for the simple sentence he added at the end..

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7455457
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk02 View Post
Discovered during a dyno tune that the 10% pulley was causing the duty cycle on the stock injectors to exceed a safe limit.**

Replaced the stocks with a set of ID 850s and now I'm having trouble getting the larger injectors dialed in.**Starting to think the flow rate may be too large for my mod level.**Probably would have been better off with a 65 lbs injector (live and learn).

Since the car is a convertible, seems silly to throw more money into performance mods.**So I'm thinking of going back to the stock crank pulley and injectors and keeping just the Roto-Fab cold air intake and ported TB as my only performance mods.**

Thought it would be easier and cheaper to swap damper pulleys, but it's looking like that might not be an option.
I'll take a "stab at it" let me guess, it's a "remote tune" and the tuner is blaming this issue on parts and or can't get it right? Am I close?

Can can you tell me your reasons or a moderators reasons for banning this person???



2)
Now now you're talking about GM representatives.
Thank God my job allows me to meet these type of people and people of their caliber and higher.
Yes I agree they do not want to be associated with Volgar language. They want to be associated with the working class with people that Like getting their hands dirty, with people that like to test and test the limits..
They love our feedback and they build off of it.

You want to know why they go to the Camaro fest?
they go because it's a cash cow , lets be honest.
they also go because it's their product that's out there. they go because of us,the people that have influence on what they put out there.
To go because this forum is an outlet for them to meet us and us to meet them.

Now I can tell you firsthand a one GM's specialist that thinks this forum is heading in the wrong direction when it comes to censorship.

Can you honestly tell me gm is going to pass up the chance to go to a fest where their product is coming from every corner of the country, because of a few badmouth people.

can you please answer these two questions ?

thank you sir
__________________
______________________________________
censored
mbacamaross is offline  
Old 02-27-2014, 07:17 PM   #42
mbacamaross
 
mbacamaross's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 tahoe LT 04 silverado SS
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 2010 camaro 2ss/rs
Posts: 195
T-bone post is very good very very good I'm surprised that you were drawn more to the politically correct part of that post, im my opinion
__________________
______________________________________
censored
mbacamaross is offline  
Old 02-27-2014, 07:19 PM   #43
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NAS Whiting Field
Posts: 14,219
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
You can't tell what posts are leading to bans. Only moderators can see that. You might think a single post is the reason someone got banned, but you'd be wrong.

Like I said, I don't speak for GM, so I can't answer questions about GM or their motivations for Camaro5Fest. All I know is that they like us, and we provide an atmosphere that is attractive to them. I'm going to keep doing that.

As for censorship, I've addressed that already. If you want to keep arguing in circles, I might as well close this thread. I already told you that we only close threads where people are arguing, and you, sir, are accusing me of "censoring" you like this is some sort of conspiracy. There's no conspiracy. If you break the rules, your post will get deleted. That's not censorship. That's following the rules. Does that answer your question?

I've entertained this thread all day. I didn't have to do that. If that doesn't suggest that I have a vested interest in you, the member, then there's nothing more I can do to help you.
The_Blur is offline  
Old 02-27-2014, 07:33 PM   #44
acowherd

 
acowherd's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2ss/RS 4l80. 2009 2500 HD
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mid MO
Posts: 1,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowTurtle View Post
free dietcoke

I think they DID!!



Blur has done way more in this thread than I thought any mod would.

So congratulations to you!
__________________
ProCharger
4l80
DSS 9in
Cincy Speed Facebook Buildhttps://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2994113&type=1
Cam5 Build Thread...http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341052
acowherd is offline  
Old 02-27-2014, 07:38 PM   #45
nyny69

 
nyny69's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM SS
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 1,312
And I'll ask for a member to look into. SupercharedSS was also banned. He was never given a reason but it happened after a review he posted. Anyway you could look into this.
nyny69 is offline  
Old 02-27-2014, 07:40 PM   #46
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NAS Whiting Field
Posts: 14,219
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny69 View Post
And I'll ask for a member to look into. SupercharedSS was also banned. He was never given a reason but it happened after a review he posted. Anyway you could look into this.
I actually had a conversation about that account as well. You might not feel like it was fair, but it was.
The_Blur is offline  
Old 02-27-2014, 07:43 PM   #47
nyny69

 
nyny69's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM SS
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 1,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I actually had a conversation about that account as well. You might not feel like it was fair, but it was.
Is it forever or does it have a timeframe
nyny69 is offline  
Old 02-27-2014, 07:44 PM   #48
acowherd

 
acowherd's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2ss/RS 4l80. 2009 2500 HD
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mid MO
Posts: 1,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny69 View Post
And I'll ask for a member to look into. SupercharedSS was also banned. He was never given a reason but it happened after a review he posted. Anyway you could look into this.
Would really like to see him back too!!

He has some great builds, and is always very informative.
__________________
ProCharger
4l80
DSS 9in
Cincy Speed Facebook Buildhttps://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2994113&type=1
Cam5 Build Thread...http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341052
acowherd is offline  
Old 02-27-2014, 07:45 PM   #49
AG1LE

 
AG1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 RRM 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by acowherd View Post
Would really like to see him back too!!

He has some great builds, and is always very informative.
+1
AG1LE is offline  
Old 02-27-2014, 07:54 PM   #50
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NAS Whiting Field
Posts: 14,219
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Alright, I think this one has run its course. I'm sure you all disagree because you think you're going to get ever guy who was ever banned restored. Just because someone had good threads once doesn't mean they left on good terms. If you break the rules, you're going to get in trouble. That's how life works.

I'm going to close this one because we've all made our points. Basically, some of you think we're censoring you. We're not. You're wrong. Stop pretending the world is against you.

If you don't believe me, well that's too bad. I'm going to continue to run this place according to the rules.

I sincerely hope that by entertaining this thread for as long as I did that you understand that the community is important to me.
The_Blur is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.