Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 01:03 PM   #15
SlowTurtle

Drives: camaro turtle
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
The vendor thing came later. People started giving feedback on the products that were popping up here. We aren't here to stop feedback from being presented, but there's a way to post it cordially: the member having a problem says their piece and leaves the thread alone.
You're (not you, specifically, but the mod/admin team) just going to delete it and ban the posting member instead. Makes sense to me.

At some point the member base is worth more then sponsors pushing questionable products. Unfortunately, I don't have enough fingers or toes to count people I personally know who have been permanently banned over this nonsense. Once C5 quits being a useful resource to owners (which it will once the majority of informed and learned members are banned) it will cease to be relevant.

Then who will sponsor an empty site?

Food for thought
Old 02-27-2014, 01:16 PM   #16
The_Blur
Rock Chalk

Drives: Demon Super Sport
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowTurtle View Post
You're (not you, specifically, but the mod/admin team) just going to delete it and ban the posting member instead. Makes sense to me.

At some point the member base is worth more then sponsors pushing questionable products. Unfortunately, I don't have enough fingers or toes to count people I personally know who have been permanently banned over this nonsense. Once C5 quits being a useful resource to owners (which it will once the majority of informed and learned members are banned) it will cease to be relevant.

Food for thought
That sounds about right to me. One-on-one, you're an equal member with a vendor, but there are thousands of you and a bunch of vendors. It's hardly equal when you run the numbers.

I find bad feedback and good feedback beneficial. If you have a terrible experience somewhere, do you really think I want to shop there? It helps me to know that a place sucks just as much as it helps you guys.

If they haven't seen it already, I'll talk about this discussion with the other mods and hopefully we get some positives out if it, but please remember this: even if your knowledgeable friends are right, it's how they say it. Let's say Billy Bob's shop does bad work. Your friend should say, "Billy Bob's shop does bad work. I got [work goes here] done. It was terrible. It wasn't lined up right, and it didn't match. They wouldn't fix it. Now you know not to go there." Now the vendor can say something, just like the BBB. Other members can chime in. Now, if they start arguing and calling names on the forum, no matter how knowledgeable they are, they broke the rules. That's how good members get banned.

I'm not saying that's what happened. Maybe someone on our end was wrong. Like I said, we'll talk about it. I just want to give you that to consider. It's just some food for thought.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:20 PM   #17
mbacamaross

Drives: 07 tahoe LT 04 silverado SS
i do agree with blur on this and my second post what ever was actually just jabs, was it offensive,, maybe.. but i got my point across,

its a syn, its not about like it or live its a community here, where everyone has an opinion,,
i am all for deleting offensive post. .sure we dont need that we need constructive ideas.

heated arguments.. sure close the thread down.. but if its a REAL argument, a helpful argument why close it? why delete honest, post?

that was the observation i have made time and time again on this forum..
is there helpful threads .. of course there is..
is there good vendors... of course there is.
great tuners.. of course! some are tuning as a hobby not for profit.. for the love of the car.

dont trivialize my 1st comment.. it is what it is..
thats all i wanted to get off my chest..is that offensive? in what way?
dont like it leave it.. great answer o yeah that fixed everything... i love the site it has tons of info and even better people that actually care about your car being baddassssss. i just do not like it when its deleted or banned for a certain agenda so to speak.
thats how it came off to me over the past couple of months.

it is what it is..
Old 02-27-2014, 01:20 PM   #18
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowTurtle View Post

Food for thought
I have been seeing this trend also on certain members that just voice out their opinion and BAM they're banned. I guess thats what happens when you go against the JRE gods. I have seen questionable vendors on here selling garbage products, I personally bought something from a vendor that eventually dropped off this forum but man were they on here forever after so many complaints (wont mention name because I am afraid I might get a warning). I bought another product from a vendor that "everyone" (not really everyone- 15% of members i'd guess) drools about and his product was total garbage, proven with results and feedback from countless shops. I even get messaged from members on here to see if I am having the same issue as them. BUT if I mention this vendor I'll probably get banned because that bandwagon group will pile on me because they are the "camaro king shop" for "everything"...Then again if you get banned just create a new account lol

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
Old 02-27-2014, 01:22 PM   #19
mbacamaross

Drives: 07 tahoe LT 04 silverado SS
i will not go on about this.. i just posted my expirience.

i really hope other post theres good or bad... and give an example so we can use this a reference..

i want this thread to be about the site not about me.
if this thread gets deleted so be it.. hopefully we would get an explanation.

it is what it is..

thanks
Old 02-27-2014, 01:29 PM   #20
The_Blur
Rock Chalk

Here's what I've done to try and address this: I started a mod-admin discussion in the super secret mod cave that you can't find about how we need to be careful in that section of the site. It's my opinion that customers that have a bad experience are going to be more emotionally charged in their posts, and that might lead to some heated threads. We'll talk it out, and hopefully we see a lot less people getting banned in there. That being said, expect to see hostile, offensive, or unnecessary content revised to conform to site rules. I'll try to refrain from infracting anyone in there, but I'll let you know if your post had to be modified.

I'm all about the community here, so hopefully that comes through all this.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:36 PM   #21
acowherd

Drives: 2010 2ss/RS 4l80. 2009 2500 HD
And will they let banned members back? There we some real useful intelligent members banned and I would like to to see them back, along with their builds!! The cosmetic and laser/led light show is ok and all, but us Drag Racers want to see some HP builds!!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/FNSS-...75028626000379

FNSS Racing!
Old 02-27-2014, 01:38 PM   #22
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey

Drives: TT/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Here's what I've done to try and address this: I started a mod-admin discussion in the super secret mod cave that you can't find about how we need to be careful in that section of the site. It's my opinion that customers that have a bad experience are going to be more emotionally charged in their posts, and that might lead to some heated threads. We'll talk it out, and hopefully we see a lot less people getting banned in there. That being said, expect to see hostile, offensive, or unnecessary content revised to conform to site rules. I'll try to refrain from infracting anyone in there, but I'll let you know if your post had to be modified.

I'm all about the community here, so hopefully that comes through all this.
Sounds fair. Respect
Old 02-27-2014, 01:43 PM   #23
The_Blur
Rock Chalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by acowherd View Post
And will they let banned members back? There we some real useful intelligent members banned and I would like to to see them back, along with their builds!! The cosmetic and laser/led light show is ok and all, but us Drag Racers want to see some HP builds!!
PM me a list of screen names. I can't make any promises, but I'll review every single ban and talk about it with my fellow moderators.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:58 PM   #24
Detoxx03
ЯєŧąяĐ Єlímíиąŧ°я Ö

Drives: 2008 Corvette
As a admin and mod on multiple sites outside of camaro5 it really leaves a bad taste in my mouth seeing what goes on here, butI give you credit for being mature about it. Hope a peaceful resolution is the results of this conversation.

D1SC Procharger 881/773 on E85
A Futral Motorsports Creation
https://www.facebook.com/DetoxxAtomic
Old 02-27-2014, 02:33 PM   #25
motorhead

Drives: Stormtrooper
As one of those members that I'm sure isn't to well like because of some of my views, I would have to disagree with the OP. I believe the mods allow plenty of leeway for the diverse crowd that we have. I sometimes forget that I'm not in the garage with the boys on Friday night, or I get drunk and post things that I shouldn't. I haven't had so much as a slap on the wrist, and I wouldn't be surprised if I did. I do get a little tired of how politically correct this forum is sometimes, but if you're going to play in their world, then you need to follow their rules.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:56 PM   #26
TECHTURTLE

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Can't we all just get along?..

Sorry, I don't post much but I have to say that I've gotten a lot of good info from this site. So it's a great resource.

But remember there is no such thing as a free lunch... So if the guys that pay for this site want to block something, so be it.
GM Black Front Splitter
GM Black Bowties
GM SEMA Comcept Grille
ACS Rockers
Savini Di Forza BM-14 Gloss Black Wheels
Old 02-27-2014, 05:21 PM   #27
SlowTurtle

Drives: camaro turtle
free dietcoke
Old 02-27-2014, 05:25 PM   #28
The_Blur
Rock Chalk

I'm trying to help people with vendor-related bans. We have hundreds, if not thousands, of account bans on file, and I am not reviewing every ban on site. If you know of a specific case related to vendor issues, I'll entertain it. Otherwise, I'm referring banned people directly to Tran to plead their cases.

Closed Thread