Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HAVOC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 08:20 AM   #26
camguynj

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6 NPP Blue Ray Metallc
Seriously! while not every problem can be directly attributed to mechanic negligence there is however enough of a pattern along with the one item that does imply negligence (ie. the axel torque ) that I would discuss with a lawyer to see if you have a case for damage costs along with mental anguish. If you're up to it that's what I would do. Good luck in any event and glad you got your car driveabale again.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:25 AM   #27
BooSSted

Drives: 2011 VR 2SS
Three sides to every story, great feedback from both .. Hope this doesn't get spun out of control again.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:50 AM   #28
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Ive never worked with Janetty, but I see a lot of people talking about how much he knows and how great he is. And maybe he has been able to actually help a lot of people.

But I can see from this experience, that one shop tried over and over and over and over and over to fix/figure out a rear end/axle/DS problem, and another shop managed to figure out a fix in a day.

I have been through a similar situation with an incapable shop, except my car was at a dealer for a trans leak and a misfire problem for 3 whole weeks, getting the run around constantly. They gave it back to me with the problems still there. I took it to my dad to look at, he figured out both problems in an hour, and I fixed them that day.

Its so damn frustrating. I feel your pain.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:55 AM   #29
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Ive never worked with Janetty, but I see a lot of people talking about how much he knows and how great he is. And maybe he has been able to actually help a lot of people.

But I can see from this experience, that one shop tried over and over and over and over and over to fix/figure out a rear end/axle/DS problem, and another shop managed to figure out a fix in a day.

I have been through a similar situation with an incapable shop, except my car was at a dealer for a trans leak and a misfire problem for 3 whole weeks, getting the run around constantly. They gave it back to me with the problems still there. I took it to my dad to look at, he figured out both problems in an hour, and I fixed them that day.

Its so damn frustrating. I feel your pain.
Sometimes is just takes a fresh set of eyes that arent frustrated or annoyed by the same issue. I know that when I have a problem if I am to aggrevated to try and fix the problem it usually ends up being worse.

DMVC5
Old 02-28-2014, 09:16 AM   #30
nyny69

Drives: 2010 IOM SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Dan Your Agenda and Motives are very clear to Drive business away from JRE in an effort to push it toward Slowhawk.

When you have a screen Name Saynotojre on another site it speaks volumes.
Ted, that other site you speak of was a private group. That was my emotions getting the better of me. And for that I apologize. It has since been changed. You can ask whoever is feeding you info to check.

The information you put up Left out all the Warranty work we did at no charge to you,
False, I paid whether it be time off from work, gas charges to get to you or the diagnosis fees and other misc charges I was hit with.

All The FREE tuning I did to constantly improve your ET, and all the 50.00 tips you gave the mechanic since you watched him work on your car and you were so pleased with the attention to detail.
Also false. Ted my car after whipple install back in 2011 went 11.2 out the gate.I since added your converter,gears,102TB and smaller pulleys. That has netted me a gain of .3 tenths. Most of the tuning was "buy parts from me get tune for free". A couple tunes were to fix my shift points and stop me from bouncing off the rev limiter. The fuel pump tune I paid for.
And the tipping of you shop was how I was raised. I tip anybody that performs a service for me.

It also left out all the great times we had together here at the shop and at the track and at C5 event.
Not going to deny this. Yes I had some good times

You never once had to beg me to work with you, I bent over backwards to help you, and provide unparalleled customer service and track side assistance at every turn.
This is touchy subject with me so i'll leave it alone. Trying to be honest and keep my emotions out of it.

Your car is on the fast list and has been for a very long time, you beat the car like a red headed step child so there is a certain amount of responsibility that goes along with that.
Ted Over the past 2 years my track time has been cut considerably. If a do 15 passes a year I'm lucky. How many emails have I sent you with concern about tracking the car? Lots. I've even turned around and went home instead of going to your rental.

You have had your fair share of bad luck with axles, I know I lived it and absorbed a tremendous amount of cost for it, Yes you left that out too.
That is between you and axle vendor Ted.

I also Offered you a Brand New Diff, as soon as I saw Slowhawks Post.

I contacted you offered you a Brand New Diff No charge and you refused so you can go on an rant about how bad we are.
Yes you did no denying it. Ted I will say it's kind of an expensive rant on my part don't you think? Maybe I didn't accept your offer because of your track record in 2 years with my rear. How about you sell a rear and proceeds go to me?

The information you received about our workmanship and Tuning is Bias and Malicious with all to gain and nothing to lose Same agenda.
No agenda here. No comment

You Beat your car for 3 years and never a hiccup from the tune and your car is FAST for the Minimal Mods.

I expect you will take apart what I wrote here and twist it in your favor.

That fact that your Band of JRE haters, Most of which were never JRE customers are going around and PMing JRE past present and potential customers with the same agenda is nothing more than Cruel and Highschool like.
I've never maliciously gone and Pm anybody. Ive answered the 2-3 that have PM me. Never going into any detail. I've even responded to your Pm's. Have I not?

People who have been pm by the JRE Haters club have been forwarded to me by some of those members asking what's up.

I am always available to resolve any issues, and even with your Malicious post My Door is always open to Move past this anger.
The anger is over Ted. I just wanted to post my experience with your shop over the last couple years. I hope I've answered your questions fairly and honestly. I've agreed with some of your statements and disagreed with others. Ted, I'm not hiding from you I'll talk to you anytime.

Ted.
I'm am happy you responded Ted.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:16 AM   #31
motorhead
bars suck

Drives: yummy
After reading both posts from customer and company, I would have to say it sounds like a pay to play situation here. When you decided to mod a car and then go out and give it a pounding at the strip, or anywhere for that matter, you can expect to have problems and to always be repairing something. That's racing folks. I wish I had the money in broken parts alone back. From both posts, it's looks like Ted tried to do what was right.

I honestly don't understand these slam threads anyhow. They usually end up making the OPs of them look worse than the companies they are trying to slam. I do know from being here since 2009 that I've read far more good about JRE than bad, and that people are more likely to post bad than good about a company. That should tell you all something right there about the kind of company these guys must be.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:38 AM   #32
The_Blur
Moderator, USN

Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Before we get into a back-and-forth argument (the sort of thing that gets these threads closed), I want to suggest restraint from all sides. As a moderator, I'm here to keep all members respectful and on topic. I'm not in a capacity to serve as judge of who is right or wrong. I respect all parties involved.

Also, please keep in mind that we're all brought together by Camaros and that there's a lot more forum to explore than this thread.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:46 AM   #33
nyny69

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Before we get into a back-and-forth argument (the sort of thing that gets these threads closed), I want to suggest restraint from all sides. As a moderator, I'm here to keep all members respectful and on topic. I'm not in a capacity to serve as judge of who is right or wrong. I respect all parties involved.

Also, please keep in mind that we're all brought together by Camaros and that there's a lot more forum to explore than this thread.
I agree. I won't get into any arguments with Jre over this. I will also refrain from responding to his supporters or mine going forward. I will only respond to Ted if it merits a response. No mudslinging

I have openly apologized to Ted for my childish behavior elsewhere. That is not usually how I act.

As you can see I never shut the door on Ted. I have responded to him whether Pm or phone calls.

Last edited by nyny69; 02-28-2014 at 09:52 AM. Reason: added
Old 02-28-2014, 09:52 AM   #34
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey

Drives: TT/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
After reading both posts from customer and company, I would have to say it sounds like a pay to play situation here. When you decided to mod a car and then go out and give it a pounding at the strip, or anywhere for that matter, you can expect to have problems and to always be repairing something. That's racing folks. I wish I had the money in broken parts alone back. From both posts, it's looks like Ted tried to do what was right.

I honestly don't understand these slam threads anyhow. They usually end up making the OPs of them look worse than the companies they are trying to slam. I do know from being here since 2009 that I've read far more good about JRE than bad, and that people are more likely to post bad than good about a company. That should tell you all something right there about the kind of company these guys must be.
Although I do agree with pay to play, I believe that people nowadays try to build supercars. What I mean by that is a fast car that is comfortable and can still turn. All that vibration crap is not acceptable, nor is it play. Just interstate driving. No way you can say that is somehow his fault for a repeated issue that was easily cured by someone else. You must have an incredibly strong Internal Locus of Control and although I personally admire that, I feel that some, if not most of this situation, is the fault of the installer.

Also NYNY I think you should mention exactly who your axels came from because damn they were helpful.

Sorry for everything you experienced and I hope that any lessons learned from the OP and Jannety may lead to corrections for the future and we can become a stronger community for it.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:14 AM   #35
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
We build cars for Drag racing and Road Racing, out of that comes our street packages.

Racing of any sort is going to cause issues, and By right racing cars does not come with a warranty.

If you want to race your car you have to accept all the responsibility that goes along with it.

A Copo cost 100K, and does not come with a Warranty, if it breaks You pay the bill no exceptions.

Even though you race your car I have always been there to support you, I could have easily taken the low road and said you race it you own it like most shops do.

As a Shop owner for 27 Years I always Try and Help some way some how by donating time, parts or what ever it takes to build a relationship and satisfy the customer.

Maybe that is a Fault of mine and people are taking advantage of my good nature.

You were Satisfied for about 3 years, when I found out you were Not, I immediately reached out to you and tried to resolve any issues you feel we are responsible for.

I do this for ANY of my customers and I don't give up easily.

Maliciously the public has been lead to believe I am some sort of money hungry monster with less than stellar skills with many fabricated and exaggerated comments.

That is not the case at all for me or my employees who by the way are very disappointed in yours and others recent activity.

Ted.
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
Old 02-28-2014, 10:18 AM   #36
94guy

Drives: 99 Camaro; 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Cyber I would not want him to mention the company the axles came from. They are good people but can't seem to get things right.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:20 AM   #37
motorhead
bars suck

Drives: yummy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPredator View Post
Although I do agree with pay to play, I believe that people nowadays try to build supercars. What I mean by that is a fast car that is comfortable and can still turn. All that vibration crap is not acceptable, nor is it play. Just interstate driving. No way you can say that is somehow his fault for a repeated issue that was easily cured by someone else. You must have an incredibly strong Internal Locus of Control and although I personally admire that, I feel that some if not most of this situation is the fault of the installer.

Also NYNY I think you should mention exactly who your axels came from because damn they were helpful.

Sorry for everything you experienced and I hope that if any lessons can be learned from the OP and Jannety corrections for the future can be made and we can become a stronger community for it.

I didn't intend to say it was the OP's "fault" by my comment. Sorry if it came off that way. I just meant that when you decide to enter into the world of racing that things happen. It also sounds like the Axle manufacturer should share in some of the blame. It sounds to me that these guys were more than customer and company. I hope you all can come to an understanding.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:31 AM   #38
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey

Drives: TT/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94guy View Post
Cyber I would not want him to mention the company the axles came from. They are good people but can't seem to get things right.
Yea maybe you are right. Just seemed crazy that they sent out axels left and right without gripe. Or maybe they know they messed up....who knows
Old 02-28-2014, 10:47 AM   #39
nyny69

Quote:
We build cars for Drag racing and Road Racing, out of that comes our street packages.

Racing of any sort is going to cause issues, and By right racing cars does not come with a warranty.

If you want to race your car you have to accept all the responsibility that goes along with it.

A Copo cost 100K, and does not come with a Warranty, if it breaks You pay the bill no exceptions.

Even though you race your car I have always been there to support you, I could have easily taken the low road and said you race it you own it like most shops do.

As a Shop owner for 27 Years I always Try and Help some way some how by donating time, parts or what ever it takes to build a relationship and satisfy the customer.

Maybe that is a Fault of mine and people are taking advantage of my good nature.

You were Satisfied for about 3 years, when I found out you were Not, I immediately reached out to you and tried to resolve any issues you feel we are responsible for.

I do this for ANY of my customers and I don't give up easily.

Maliciously the public has been lead to believe I am some sort of money hungry monster with less than stellar skills with many fabricated and exaggerated comments.

That is not the case at all for me or my employees who by the way are very disappointed in yours and others recent activity.

Ted.
I agree with you Ted. You have to pay to play. And I did pay. I upgraded everything under your guidance. My problems started after the upgrades.

And I'm sorry your employees feel that way. They've always made me feel comfortable. As I said a couple times already I apologize for my past behavior.

I hope this constructive criticism will help you and I in the future. Maybe one day we can all share a beer and reflect on it.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:01 AM   #40
strych9
Nice rear end!

Drives: Not a Camaro
This is a bad deal from both sides, and I see truths in all of it. It is one thing to drive the car away from a shop with issues you hadn't expected. Any good businessman worth his salt would stand behind that scenario. It's different after it's been raced. All bets off, at that point. I guess I read a bit of both of these situations into these stated issues.

I guess I'm thankful that I have the ability to install my own components. Something goes wrong with a bolt that was left loose, or installed incorrectly...well, that's on me. I'm good with that.

The other side is being at the mercy of the aftermarket parts that you're installing. Each car, though mass produced, is not exactly the same as the one that came off the line before it. The manufacturer knows this; all of the parts are designed to allow for those inconsistencies.

Race parts don't have that luxury. In order to operate at full potential, the car has to be "adjusted" or "modified" to work perfectly so that the components can work to their full potential, and maximum life. Each installation is unique in that way, and there is a great deal of potential for error.

Sorry to see this, guys.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:18 PM   #41
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny69 View Post
I agree with you Ted. You have to pay to play. And I did pay. I upgraded everything under your guidance. My problems started after the upgrades.

And I'm sorry your employees feel that way. They've always made me feel comfortable. As I said a couple times already I apologize for my past behavior.

I hope this constructive criticism will help you and I in the future. Maybe one day we can all share a beer and reflect on it.
I have always said these things should be handled Face to Face.

Not on the phone or over text or on the internet.

We should either Fight or go to dinner with the ultimate goal coming out the other side as Friends and put this High School Drama to rest.

I fully except the Responsibility for the Choices we make and the mistakes that my employees make and always look for a viable resolution for all parties involved.

I welcome Constructive Criticism and use it to improve my business, always have and always will, it is what brought JRE to the heights that we are at.

Bashing is not constructive criticism, this statement is not geared toward you in this post.

Ted.
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
Old 02-28-2014, 01:15 PM   #42
Bo White
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Summit White 1SS
Since so many people wanted to know what I asked Ted I asked him if he locked his tunes and he said not on the car I bought. I didn't need a locked computer while on the dyno and my tuner sees room for improvement and not be able to do anything. I was able to sell my SCT afterwards since Gomer retuned it for me and reset the handheld. Hope this was more helpful than my first post. Got to be specific around here, I got to remember that.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:11 PM   #43
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred

Drives: Cammed 2012 AGM 2SS/RS LS3
Sorry you had to go through all of that Dan. At least Slowhawk was able to make it right.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:36 PM   #44
nyny69

Just feel the need to post this. It seems I need to clear a misconception. This is not sour grapes about me breaking. I understand the whole concept about pay to play. I broke it at track and upgraded everything.

There was no racing from when it happened. I did not get new axles in and then go racing. I brought car back and was told DS was twisted. So I replaced that. Still no racing because next I was told it was cupped tires.

My rear is perfect now. If I go to the track in 2 months and all of sudden I have issues that's on me. I totally 100% accept the blame. It seems many are not reading that part of my review. This is a weekend car that occasionally sees the track. It will never be a race car.

People see a car is tracked and right away jump to conclusions. If you look at the timetable of when this first happened there are no tracks open for me to abuse the car here on the east coast.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:26 AM   #45
B-_-RAD

Drives: 14 1LE White
Quote:

We should either Fight or go to dinner with the ultimate goal coming out the other side as Friends and put this High School Drama to rest.

I fully except the Responsibility for the Choices we make and the mistakes that my employees make and always look for a viable resolution for all parties involved.

I welcome Constructive Criticism and use it to improve my business, always have and always will, it is what brought JRE to the heights that we are at.

Bashing is not constructive criticism, this statement is not geared toward you in this post.

Ted.
Although I have no dog in this fight, I will say that it is atleast in my opinion, very bad business to post things like "we should fight" on a public message board. Especially when the person it is directed towards has lined your, and your employees pockets on multiple occasions.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:56 AM   #46
376LS3
Eh, that'll happen

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-_-RAD View Post
Although I have no dog in this fight, I will say that it is atleast in my opinion, very bad business to post things like "we should fight" on a public message board. Especially when the person it is directed towards has lined your, and your employees pockets on multiple occasions.
I think youre looking to deep into that statement. I think hes using it as guy speak for lets get it out of our system and move on. Lame example, but remember in Fast and Furious 2, when Brian first saw Roman, they had beef between them. They fought it out, then were cool. I dont think Ted is threatening Dan by any means. Just 2 guys talking.
Old 03-01-2014, 05:36 AM   #47
jam3

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Thumbs down JRE

Quote:

^^^ This is a perfect example of the Ted I've dealt with over the past 21/2 years. It's his way or no way. So. This is how you propose to resolve the issues with the work your shop performed? Fight or go to dinner? Who's first in line?
I too had Jannetty work on my car. Correction I had Jannetty build my car.
Everything from front to back his 416 forged motor. Everything on my car was hand picked by Teddy.
To say the least. I was had. Same as superchargedss and nyny69.
I have had no part of anything these guys have had to say about JRE and their shop till now.
I feel obligated to share my experiences with JRE.
Considering over the past 2 1/2 years I've been ripped off and screwed by Ted and JRE.
I will be posting my own vendor review sharing everything Ted and JRE have done to my car as well as everything that has either broken or blew apart.
Could you imagine spending in excess of 70 k and the motor not last 3000 miles?? Or how bout a broken timing chain and some bent valves costing 11 k??
Oh. It's a nightmare.
I will be posting everything I have from Ted and Jannetty racing.
To say I was taken advantage of. That's probably the nicest thing I could say.

Ted.
^^^ This is a perfect example of the Ted I've dealt with over the past 21/2 years. It's his way or no way. So. This is how you propose to resolve the issues with the work your shop performed? Fight or go to dinner? Who's first in line?
I too had Jannetty work on my car. Correction I had Jannetty build my car.
Everything from front to back his 416 forged motor. Everything on my car was hand picked by Teddy.
To say the least. I was had. Same as superchargedss and nyny69.
I have had no part of anything these guys have had to say about JRE and their shop till now.
I feel obligated to share my experiences with JRE.
Considering over the past 2 1/2 years I've been ripped off and screwed by Ted and JRE.
I will be posting my own vendor review sharing everything Ted and JRE have done to my car as well as everything that has either broken or blew apart.
Could you imagine spending in excess of 70 k and the motor not last 3000 miles?? Or how bout a broken timing chain and some bent valves costing 11 k??
Oh. It's a nightmare.
I will be posting everything I have from Ted and Jannetty racing.
To say I was taken advantage of. That's probably the nicest thing I could say.

I fully except the Responsibility. I never heard anywhere that Ted or Jannetty take responsibility for anything.
Once he has your car. Ted himself said it best. Money hungry monster.
Old 03-01-2014, 05:45 AM   #48
jam3

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by 376LS3 View Post
I think youre looking to deep into that statement. I think hes using it as guy speak for lets get it out of our system and move on. Lame example, but remember in Fast and Furious 2, when Brian first saw Roman, they had beef between them. They fought it out, then were cool. I dont think Ted is threatening Dan by any means. Just 2 guys talking.
I think any small business owner that even makes such a statement is clearly not thinking.
I'm not going to get into the legalities of such a comment. But. For an person with issues at hand makes such a comment. It shows clearly the level of maturity your dealing with.
Kinda the same as telling superchargedss "I love you man. Don't do this"
Not appropriate.
But people do and say stupid things when there is emotions are involved.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:16 AM   #49
CamaroLoco

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro SS
At least this story has a happy ending. I'm glad Slowhawk Performance was able to rectify a bad situation.
They seem to be doing a lot of that lately.
Hopefully the OP and JRE will someday share that beer.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:26 AM   #50
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred

Drives: Cammed 2012 AGM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-_-RAD View Post
Agreed.

Closed Thread