Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-13-2014, 05:54 PM   #1
EarlyApex

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS 1LE
1LE modified Permagrin installed

Well I am finished installing my modified version of the Pedders Permagrin package on my 2013 1LE. Since Pedders is unavailable right now I put together my version of this package. I found a set of the Pedders radius arm bushings on Amazon, purchased a set of BMR 1" lowering springs and their 32mm rear adjustable sway bar and a set of Whiteline solid rear subframe bushings. The install went pretty good with help from the many DIY posts on camaro5. The toughest part was the radius arm bushings. Getting the ball joint loose was a battle requiring a Kent Moore tool and application of heat and a BFH. I got the alignment done yesterday using Pedders aggressive street settings and have some observations.

First, the stance is just what I was looking for. The large gap at the wheel-wells is gone but the ride from the 1" lowering springs is firmer bordering on harsh. Bumps feel "sharper" than before. I can see a set of coilovers in my future at some point but not until a summer of track days under my belt.

The radius arm bushings are the biggest area of improvement I can feel so far. The steering is tighter and more crisp, very nice. I haven't pushed the car hard enough to get a feel for the sway bar or subframe bushings but haven't noticed any additional noise or vibration.

So far, so good. I can't wait to get it on the track for a real test.
Attached Images

Old 03-13-2014, 05:59 PM   #2
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
Looks Great!
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:04 PM   #3
Black Knight

Drives: Supercharged LLT
The stance looks great . I aslo am building up my own package using pedders parts I got from members and whiteline bushings . I already have sum brand new pdaft springs 1/1.25 drop, but haven't installed cause I'm trying to decide if I should get 1le struts and shocks or sell my springs and and go with bc coilovers .
Old 03-14-2014, 08:18 AM   #4
EarlyApex

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS 1LE
I was going to go with Phadt springs but they were on backorder which turned into unavailable when they closed shop. I went this same route with my MINI cooper and the coilovers will give a better ride on the street than the lowering springs. I am just not ready to spend the money right now.

If you can't find the pedders radius arm bushings, whiteline makes the same style just black instead of red.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:07 PM   #5
Black Knight

Drives: Supercharged LLT
I actually already have the pedders radius arm bushing. , that I bought off a member here .
Idk I think I mite have sum brand new springs coming up for sale to get coliovers. Before you installed the radius arm bushings and subframe bushings did your ride feel bouncy ? And did the bushing fix that?

Last edited by Black Knight; 03-15-2014 at 07:17 AM. Reason: .
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 03:12 PM   #6
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
I have some Pedders stuff left (Note: Pedders parts are not listed with the year make model finder)
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote