Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hellion Power Systems
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Old 12-04-2014, 04:06 PM   #1
allshotout

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro
Ridetech Coilovers... Tyler JDP Motorsports

They arrived today, can't wait for weekend to install. Thanks Tyler.

Finished install...

Last edited by allshotout; 12-10-2014 at 03:32 PM.
allshotout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:08 PM   #2
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
I will order a set of these once someone can tell me if they work with the Pedders camber plates. I dont trust my Pedders supercars not that we no longer have support. I need to have a spare set standing by.
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: STUPID SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 300M axles, 3.5"alum DS, MCLeod RXT clutch, 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:16 PM   #3
Rico
Flying da helicopter

Drives: Black SS/RS
I'm hoping to get mine tomorrow.
Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 10:39 AM   #4
PolynesianPowerhouse

Drives: 2013 chevy camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
I will order a set of these once someone can tell me if they work with the Pedders camber plates. I dont trust my Pedders supercars not that we no longer have support. I need to have a spare set standing by.
Cant you just go through BC Racing if you had probs with those supercars? The pedders stuff is made by the same company in taiwan...just has a huge markup and different colors basically. Same thing with the megan coilovers. And petty racing coilovers

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 10:51 PM   #5
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2012 VR 2SS RS M6
There's a outfit here in Kali that can rebuild them if they leak. BC racing I here not great at customer service but may. And no Pedders are not the same internally as the others. You get what you pay for. 10000 miles on mine on alot of bad roads and alot of auto crossing and no problems
#1 car 2010 Black 2LTRS 1/28/10-10/15/11, 17900 miles
#2 car 2012 Red 2SSRS 10/15/11-
Mods: Outlaw Axelback & J Pipes/Heritage&Stillen Grill/Halltech CAI/Apex Scoop,Washer Bottle/OEM Strut Tower Brace/VMax T/B/ G.M. Blade Spoiler/SLP Splitter/TSW Nurburgring wheels & Michelin Super Sport tires/JBA Shorty Headers,HiFlow cats & tune/Remote Clutch resovoir/ Pedders Supercar coilovers and Pedders 27mm/32mm ZL1 Spec sway bars / Whiteline craddle Inserts & Upper rear arm bushes/ 416/414 RW HP/TQ
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:25 PM   #6
slickrichic
So I'm a little Crazy

Drives: '15 1SS-RS/1LE (RRM)
Quote:
Originally Posted by allshotout View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
I'm hoping to get mine tomorrow.
This might be helpful for you. I installed mine a couple months back and video removal and install on the Coil Overs. See post #17 is were i have the video

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=379561
Performance Mods = RotoFab Cold Air Intake w/ ASC Ind. Cold Air Scoop, RideTech HQ Coil Overs, Solo High Flow Cat Mid Pipes, ASC Ind. Custom Splitter & Rocker & Wicker Extensions, Goodridge SS Brake Lines, ASC Ind. Brake Ducts, SLP Skip Shift Eliminator, JDP Clutch Reservoir Separator, Moroso Oil Seperator

slickrichic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:46 PM   #7
slickrichic
So I'm a little Crazy

Drives: '15 1SS-RS/1LE (RRM)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
If you opt to get the Top Bearing Mount it gives you an option to go from a standard Camber (-1.2) to add -2 degrees more by just removing 3 Allen Screws, Turning the Cap, and then Re-Inserting the 3 Allen Screws. So during everday drive you leave it at the Center position and when you go to the Track spend the 15mins to change the position to neg -2 degress more. Works great.
Performance Mods = RotoFab Cold Air Intake w/ ASC Ind. Cold Air Scoop, RideTech HQ Coil Overs, Solo High Flow Cat Mid Pipes, ASC Ind. Custom Splitter & Rocker & Wicker Extensions, Goodridge SS Brake Lines, ASC Ind. Brake Ducts, SLP Skip Shift Eliminator, JDP Clutch Reservoir Separator, Moroso Oil Seperator

slickrichic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 09:30 AM   #8
allshotout

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickrichic View Post
This might be helpful for you. I installed mine a couple months back and video removal and install on the Coil Overs. See post #17 is were i have the video

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=379561
Thanks. Will do.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:43 PM   #9
JDP Tyler

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Awesome! thanks for the order! Post up some pics when you get them installed!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

Click HERE to send me a PM | Sales@jdpmotorsports.com | www.jdpmotorsports.com | JDP Facebook | 888.308.6007
JDP Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:29 PM   #10
X25

Drives: '14 AGM 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
There's a outfit here in Kali that can rebuild them if they leak. BC racing I here not great at customer service but may. And no Pedders are not the same internally as the others. You get what you pay for. 10000 miles on mine on alot of bad roads and alot of auto crossing and no problems
Everything from Pedders, from alignment bolts ($100/set!!!) to their permagrin 1LE kit ($1000 for 1 sway and a few bushings?) to coilovers, are way overpriced. There is a clear pattern here. There are times where you get what you paid for, but it strongly feels like not this time.

BC manufactures a vast majority of coilovers to different specs. Hopefully, Pedders had high specs, but it's hard to be sure. BC Racing ER coilovers actually look to be very high quality, and they look to be what supercar coilovers are based on, at half the price.
'13 Nissan Leaf
'08 Kawasaki ZX-10R
X25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 03:36 PM   #11
allshotout

Talking

Finished install and setting ride height last-night.
Attached Images

Old 12-10-2014, 04:32 PM   #12
JDP Tyler

Looks killer man! What do you think so far?

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

Click HERE to send me a PM | Sales@jdpmotorsports.com | www.jdpmotorsports.com | JDP Facebook | 888.308.6007
Old 12-10-2014, 05:07 PM   #13
allshotout

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Tyler View Post
Looks killer man! What do you think so far?

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
The ride quality far exceeds what I expected. Fronts are set at 20 and rear at 23 to start, and it feels really well balanced and responsive. Started at 20 and 20, but brought rears up a little. My neighbor helped me do the install he's driving instructor and races a BMW M, let him take for a spin. He too was very impressed. Will continue to play with different settings, excited for AutoX to start up again.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:49 PM   #14
JDP Tyler

Quote:
The ride quality far exceeds what I expected. Fronts are set at 20 and rear at 23 to start, and it feels really well balanced and responsive. Started at 20 and 20, but brought rears up a little. My neighbor helped me do the install he's driving instructor and races a BMW M, let him take for a spin. He too was very impressed. Will continue to play with different settings, excited for AutoX to start up again.
Awesome! Just what I wanted to hear! I can't wait for AutoX to start up again either! Thinking about going down to Vegas for one of their events as they race year round. I would think you guys would have year round events in GA or FL?

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

Old 12-10-2014, 07:28 PM   #15
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2012 VR 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by X25 View Post
Everything from Pedders, from alignment bolts ($100/set!!!) to their permagrin 1LE kit ($1000 for 1 sway and a few bushings?) to coilovers, are way overpriced. There is a clear pattern here. There are times where you get what you paid for, but it strongly feels like not this time.

BC manufactures a vast majority of coilovers to different specs. Hopefully, Pedders had high specs, but it's hard to be sure. BC Racing ER coilovers actually look to be very high quality, and they look to be what supercar coilovers are based on, at half the price.
Yeah they were all pricey but better then most component wise vs other mfgs or seem to be at ,east. The BC ER units arent the same as the supercars in construction and most important sizewize where it counts, or not, depending what you need them for.I got one of the last ssts of suppercars at a killer price so jumped on it, if not for that I wouldnt have bought them do to the high price. If doing them now I would just do Ridetechs single adjustables after riding in a friends car
#1 car 2010 Black 2LTRS 1/28/10-10/15/11, 17900 miles
#2 car 2012 Red 2SSRS 10/15/11-
Mods: Outlaw Axelback & J Pipes/Heritage&Stillen Grill/Halltech CAI/Apex Scoop,Washer Bottle/OEM Strut Tower Brace/VMax T/B/ G.M. Blade Spoiler/SLP Splitter/TSW Nurburgring wheels & Michelin Super Sport tires/JBA Shorty Headers,HiFlow cats & tune/Remote Clutch resovoir/ Pedders Supercar coilovers and Pedders 27mm/32mm ZL1 Spec sway bars / Whiteline craddle Inserts & Upper rear arm bushes/ 416/414 RW HP/TQ
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 08:34 PM   #16
X25

Drives: '14 AGM 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
Yeah they were all pricey but better then most component wise vs other mfgs or seem to be at ,east. The BC ER units arent the same as the supercars in construction and most important sizewize where it counts, or not, depending what you need them for.I got one of the last ssts of suppercars at a killer price so jumped on it, if not for that I wouldnt have bought them do to the high price. If doing them now I would just do Ridetechs single adjustables after riding in a friends car
I think you're mixing up ER with BR, since ER is large monotube, identical to supercars. Either way, enjoy your car; you seem to have a decent setup : )
'13 Nissan Leaf
'08 Kawasaki ZX-10R
X25 is offline   Reply With Quote