Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2014, 10:14 AM   #176
EarlyApex
 
Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Damascus Or
Posts: 267
I am going to work on the CTSV swap today, does anyone have the torque values for the caliper bolts?
__________________
EarlyApex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:35 AM   #177
jamesc1123
 
jamesc1123's Avatar
 
Drives: CGM 2SS RS w/ white stripes
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 181
You're supposed to use new bolts and toque to 44 lb*ft + 90deg (bolts are torque to yield).
__________________
LGM G6X3 cam, LGM headers, Vararam intake, throttle body and intake ported by ADM Performance, 477 hp 454 ft-lb tq, tuned by PCMforLess
jamesc1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:44 PM   #178
littlebuffalo
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Montana
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesc1123 View Post
You're supposed to use new bolts and toque to 44 lb*ft + 90deg (bolts are torque to yield).
I did my swap last weekend and I tried to use the 44ft/lbs plus 90 degrees, didn't get the 90º but I couldn't get them any tighter. I still haven't had the chance to bed them in yet had to wait for new ducts that I misplaced from the quantum kit. Car is now done but the weather here now sucks.
littlebuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:19 PM   #179
intensifi

 
Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Belmont, California
Posts: 1,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebuffalo View Post
I did my swap last weekend and I tried to use the 44ft/lbs plus 90 degrees, didn't get the 90º but I couldn't get them any tighter. I still haven't had the chance to bed them in yet had to wait for new ducts that I misplaced from the quantum kit. Car is now done but the weather here now sucks.
How long was the torque wrench?

I turned my wheels completely to one side then used the long torque wrench I use to tighten the lug nuts.
__________________
Mods: GM Locking Gas Cap, RS License Plate Frame


Last edited by intensifi; 10-07-2014 at 09:02 AM.
intensifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:56 PM   #180
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team
 
So Cal Camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/RS/1LE Ashen Grey
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Fernando Valley, CA
Posts: 3,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-redfly View Post
The Z28 tire height is 26.2 with 19 inch tires and 30 sidewall. So it has even less side wall then the 1le or ZL1. But it has a lower center of gravity for for track benefits of course.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Just keep in mind, running a tire with outside diameter that small will make driving on the street more challenging as it lowers the car at least an 1", and if you already have your Camaro lowered, plan to be careful not to drag front end and speed bumps are no bueno at that point.

For track only application where everything is relatively smooth, they work good. Just keep in mind they will mess with gearing, where your shift points are and where you hit the rev limiter.
__________________

Last edited by So Cal Camaro; 04-18-2014 at 04:43 PM.
So Cal Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:22 PM   #181
littlebuffalo
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Montana
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by intensifi View Post
How long was the torque wrench?

I turned my wheels completely to one side then used the long torque wrench I use to tighten the lug nuts?
The torque wrench was long, but the wrench I used to do the 90º wasn't that long, I gave it some pretty good effort, like all my effort, to try and get the full 90º. I'm not worried about them coming loose by no means, plus I always check everything when I put my track pads on & off.
littlebuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:08 PM   #182
Firefighter


 
Firefighter's Avatar
 
Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa by way of Miami...
Posts: 2,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebuffalo View Post
The torque wrench was long, but the wrench I used to do the 90º wasn't that long, I gave it some pretty good effort, like all my effort, to try and get the full 90º. I'm not worried about them coming loose by no means, plus I always check everything when I put my track pads on & off.

I pretty much did the same thing. Fortunately (sometimes) I'm a bigger guy the 90* was achieved with a 1/2" ratchet in several installments. The biggest problem is there isn't much room to work when it comes to REALLY tightening these particular fasteners.
__________________
Firefighter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:53 PM   #183
C-redfly

 
C-redfly's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 completely Red Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 906
What's the brake line of choice with the upgrade, stock or stainless steel lines?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
C-redfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:22 PM   #184
Lil' Nasty
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
Lil' Nasty's Avatar
 
Drives: Supercharged V6
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-redfly View Post
What's the brake line of choice with the upgrade, stock or stainless steel lines?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Goodridge SS lines. part number 12227
__________________
Lil' Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:25 PM   #185
C-redfly

 
C-redfly's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 completely Red Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
Goodridge SS lines. part number 12227
Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
C-redfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:38 AM   #186
EarlyApex
 
Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Damascus Or
Posts: 267
Well I got the swap completed and the first bedding cycle done. The brakes look very capable, the real test will be the first track day. The swap included Goodridge SS lines and Motul high temp brake fluid. I decided to also add brake cooling ducts down the road so I ordered the Quantum backing plates which I will install later.
Attached Images
  
__________________

Last edited by EarlyApex; 04-20-2014 at 12:12 PM. Reason: spelling
EarlyApex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:53 AM   #187
C-redfly

 
C-redfly's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 completely Red Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 906
Wow, looks great

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
C-redfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:36 AM   #188
intensifi

 
Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Belmont, California
Posts: 1,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyApex View Post
Well I got the swap completed and the first bedding cycle done. The brakes look very capable, the real test will be the first track day. The swap included Goodridge SS lines and Motul high temp brake fluid. I decided to also add brake cooling ducts down the road so I ordered the Quantum backing plates which I will install later.
What type & size Michelins are you running?

I ask because I test drove at CTS-V today. I liked the 19" wheels with Michelin Supersports.
__________________
Mods: GM Locking Gas Cap, RS License Plate Frame

intensifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:59 AM   #189
mp51998

 
mp51998's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2011
Location: S. Texas
Posts: 1,333
Would the next person doing the install please measure the length of the lines? I'm mainly interested in the length from the mounting point on the hub to the caliper. I already have SS lines and don't want to replace if I don't need to. I'm hearing I don't but I'd like to have the numbers to be certain. Thx.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:42 AM   #190
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28
 
Dropspeed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Suburbs of Detroit, MI
Posts: 1,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp51998 View Post
Would the next person doing the install please measure the length of the lines? I'm mainly interested in the length from the mounting point on the hub to the caliper. I already have SS lines and don't want to replace if I don't need to. I'm hearing I don't but I'd like to have the numbers to be certain. Thx.
Do you have stock Camaro SS lines or SS lines (Stainless Steel)?

The stock Camaro SS lines will not work......Most aftermarket are a tad longer than stock and may work. I can measure later this week if no one else does it first.

Matt
__________________
Dropspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:40 AM   #191
mp51998

 
mp51998's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2011
Location: S. Texas
Posts: 1,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
Do you have stock Camaro SS lines or SS lines (Stainless Steel)?

The stock Camaro SS lines will not work......Most aftermarket are a tad longer than stock and may work. I can measure later this week if no one else does it first.

Matt
After market Stainless Steel lines from Pedders. He said they'd work. I trust him but don't want to start install then have to wait. If you can measure that would be great. I won't do the install for a couple of weeks. Thx
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:18 PM   #192
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28
 
Dropspeed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Suburbs of Detroit, MI
Posts: 1,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp51998 View Post
After market Stainless Steel lines from Pedders. He said they'd work. I trust him but don't want to start install then have to wait. If you can measure that would be great. I won't do the install for a couple of weeks. Thx
I am pretty positive the Pedders lines were designed for the 6 Pistons upgrade, but I don't have first hand knowledge of that. I have to pull the front wheels for some thing else this week so I will measure them then.

-Matt
__________________
Dropspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:15 PM   #193
JDP Tyler

 
JDP Tyler's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 6,980
The Pedders lines will work on the CTS-V upgrade.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
__________________

Click HERE to send me a PM | Sales@jdpmotorsports.com | www.jdpmotorsports.com | 888.308.6007
JDP Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:21 PM   #194
mp51998

 
mp51998's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2011
Location: S. Texas
Posts: 1,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Tyler View Post
The Pedders lines will work on the CTS-V upgrade.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
Great news. Thx for the confirmation. Can't wait to install my tow hooks you're sending me.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:15 AM   #195
EarlyApex
 
Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Damascus Or
Posts: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by intensifi View Post
What type & size Michelins are you running?

I ask because I test drove at CTS-V today. I liked the 19" wheels with Michelin Supersports.
I am running the stock 20" 1LE wheels and 285-30 front and 295-30 rear Super Sports.
__________________
EarlyApex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:42 AM   #196
Firefighter


 
Firefighter's Avatar
 
Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa by way of Miami...
Posts: 2,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyApex View Post
I am running the stock 20" 1LE wheels and 285-30 front and 295-30 rear Super Sports.
Same combo I'm running. I like the Michelin PSS 100x better than the Good Years.
__________________
Firefighter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 02:30 PM   #197
130R
Machine Washable.
 
130R's Avatar
 
Drives: Western Digital.
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Location. Location.
Posts: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Just got the bolts.

They are 2 3/4" long with a stem length of 2 1/4".
Thanks.
130R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:21 PM   #198
C-redfly

 
C-redfly's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 completely Red Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 906
Just got the calipers in from brakenetic.
Cts-V front and SS rears
Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1398712812146.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  91.5 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1398712825362.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  103.9 KB

Can I use the same mounting bolts or do I need new ones? If so, can I have the part numbers please.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
C-redfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:17 PM   #199
Jimmy Superfly
 
Jimmy Superfly's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 IBM 1SS L99/A6
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 134
Hi all,

I just wanted to update everyone and post a few pics of my new brakes! Thanks to Dropspeed for this amazing thread and thanks to JDP for all of their help regarding these brakes and some other goodies I recently added.

Cheers
Attached Images
    
__________________

2012 IBM 1SS L99/A6 -VMAX TB, CAI inc w/ Apex scoop, RX Catchcan, Pfadt Stage 2 FE4/ZL1 kit, LG LT headers, Stainless steel brake lines and HAWK HPS pads.
Jimmy Superfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:14 PM   #200
JDP Tyler

 
JDP Tyler's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 6,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Superfly View Post
Hi all,

I just wanted to update everyone and post a few pics of my new brakes! Thanks to Dropspeed for this amazing thread and thanks to JDP for all of their help regarding these brakes and some other goodies I recently added.

Cheers
Nice! Glad we could help you out!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
__________________

Click HERE to send me a PM | Sales@jdpmotorsports.com | www.jdpmotorsports.com | 888.308.6007
JDP Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.