Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Classic Design Concepts
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2009, 09:15 PM   #1
Blakout
 
Blakout's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Mercury Cougar
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 558
I thought I wanted Black...until I saw IOM...

I can't decide. At first I was going to go with all black. Black paint, black rims, blacked out lights and bowties, the works. I've been seeing the IOM color all over this forum and I think I might be catching the IOM fever. I was considering possibly the best of both worlds: IOM paint, with painted Black Bumblebee style stripes. I'm just torn between the two.




I'm stuck.

Maybe some nice photoshop-friendly person can throw some BB stripes on an IOM for me and show me how it looks...
__________________
Blakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:18 PM   #2
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!
 
prostock69's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mansfield, TX
Posts: 1,269
If you really are torn between the two, you can have a black and orange car. My dealership's owner took an IOM and painted the top half all black. He put orange stripes down the hood and on the trunk. It looked awesome! This guy did the same except different colors: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34747 Scroll down towards the bottom of this thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...t=7061&page=27. There is a photo-shopped pic of an orange and black one. Pretty cool, eh?
__________________
2SS/RS Inferno Orange w/ black stripes, black/orange interior, Automatic, w/ sunroof and polished aluminum wheels

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:18 PM   #3
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,894
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Black, black, black, black.

Get black, it's easier to keep clean.

__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:19 PM   #4
jpsuperman81
That's Right 478whp450tq!
 
jpsuperman81's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Rally Yellow
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indian Trail, NC
Posts: 2,335
I did the same thing with yellow or black. Ultimately I'm lazy and my poor black camaro would of been dirty all the time. And well I always wanted a yellow vette and this is the next best thing, so yellow for me. I really want to see orange in person though to get a feel for it.
__________________
I would like to apoligize ahead of time if any of my posts bother you, I am quite a large smartass and very expressive of my opinion!
I came here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum!
Ordered Feb. 13 2009: 2SS/RS/M6/Sunroof/ Rally Yellow built 8/7 Vin# 33534, Delivered 8/26/09!
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:20 PM   #5
jpsuperman81
That's Right 478whp450tq!
 
jpsuperman81's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Rally Yellow
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indian Trail, NC
Posts: 2,335
Prostock you need to go get of some pics of that orange black combo.
__________________
I would like to apoligize ahead of time if any of my posts bother you, I am quite a large smartass and very expressive of my opinion!
I came here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum!
Ordered Feb. 13 2009: 2SS/RS/M6/Sunroof/ Rally Yellow built 8/7 Vin# 33534, Delivered 8/26/09!
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:22 PM   #6
Blakout
 
Blakout's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Mercury Cougar
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Black, black, black, black.

Get black, it's easier to keep clean.

Yeah. Exactly. I heard it's a BI*CH to keep clean, from everyone I know who owns, or has ever owned, a black car. That's the only thing I'm wary of. That and I want mine to stand out a bit.
__________________
Blakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:23 PM   #7
Blakout
 
Blakout's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Mercury Cougar
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsuperman81 View Post
Prostock you need to go get of some pics of that orange black combo.
__________________
Blakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:07 PM   #8
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things
 
Sir Nuke's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2LT/RS,'14 Caddy CTS Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Southeast of Houston, Texas
Posts: 16,131
I was torn between IOM and ABM, When I went to the dealer he had a ABM EXACTLY like if I had ordered it as it was NOT taken, I had but one thing I had to do first, see a IOM in person, I drove 100 miles to see it up close and personal. I drove back to my dealer and ordered my IOM that very day. Its worth the wait and I will have EXACTLY what I want.
__________________
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:10 PM   #9
Blakout
 
Blakout's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Mercury Cougar
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 558
I remember the first time I saw this kind of Orange color when it came out on other cars. It never used to be a very popular color. I think the first time I ever saw it was on a 350Z and I since then, I have loved the color. Up until I found out you would be able to get this Camaro in this color, I had planned on going with Black on Black. But now, I'm really considering either IOM/Black interior or IOM/IOM interior...that orange ambient light thing really intrigues me...does anyone have any pics of their orange ambient light in the dark? If so, I'd love to see it. That or just some pics of your IOM cars would be great. Yes, I'm spending time in the IOM photo thread to those who would tell me to go there.
__________________
Blakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:12 PM   #10
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958
 
Camaro_Corvette's Avatar
 
Drives: Team 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 23,046
Almost my least favorite color. I don't know what it is about it. I would go for IOM with the black stripes. That would definitely make it look better.
__________________
I hate parking threads...
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:12 PM   #11
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!
 
FirstLSK's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 811
Not to hijack, but my wife likes that white "CAMARO" sticker on the windshield. Anyone know where you can buy one?

.
__________________
-------------------------------------------------
FirstLSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:15 PM   #12
Blakout
 
Blakout's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Mercury Cougar
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 558
That's what I'm thinking. Black stripes on it. At least that's some kind of Black contrast. Any thoughts on if blacking out the bowtie, while giving it an orange outline, and blacking out the tail lights and tinting the windows pretty dark would look good? I could really use an experienced photoshopper here to help me out. Always loved the Orange and Black combo.
__________________
Blakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:16 PM   #13
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958
 
Camaro_Corvette's Avatar
 
Drives: Team 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 23,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakout View Post
That's what I'm thinking. Black stripes on it. At least that's some kind of Black contrast. Any thoughts on if blacking out the bowtie, while giving it an orange outline, and blacking out the tail lights and tinting the windows pretty dark would look good? I could really use an experienced photoshopper here to help me out. Always loved the Orange and Black combo.
Black stripes, dark tint, and some black accents (like a black bowtie) Will definitely make that thing pop!
__________________
I hate parking threads...
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:18 PM   #14
Blakout
 
Blakout's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Mercury Cougar
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
Black stripes, dark tint, and some black accents (like a black bowtie) Will definitely make that thing pop!
I'm still considering GFX too, painted IOM though, not black. To me it just doesn't look right if it doesn't flow with the car evenly.
__________________
Blakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:19 PM   #15
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958
 
Camaro_Corvette's Avatar
 
Drives: Team 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 23,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakout View Post
I'm still considering GFX too, painted IOM though, not black. To me it just doesn't look right if it doesn't flow with the car evenly.
Completely agree.
__________________
I hate parking threads...
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:21 PM   #16
Blakout
 
Blakout's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Mercury Cougar
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
Completely agree.
But at the same time, I don't want it to look riced out...I guess I'll know for sure when I see it in person, with and without GFX. So many decisions...at least I've got time. :P
__________________
Blakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:27 PM   #17
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958
 
Camaro_Corvette's Avatar
 
Drives: Team 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 23,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakout View Post
But at the same time, I don't want it to look riced out...I guess I'll know for sure when I see it in person, with and without GFX. So many decisions...at least I've got time. :P
Pssh, you are no where near ricer territory yet.
__________________
I hate parking threads...
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:31 PM   #18
SS_in_Black
 
SS_in_Black's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS Black over Inferno Orange
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 209
I'm obsessed about keeping my car clean. Heck, I carry a bottled water and towel(s) just in case something like bird crap or a stupid bug gets on it while I'm driving around. Then again I may be extreme (hmmm good poll maybe). Black, IMHO, is absolutley the sexiest, bada55 color there is. Throw a contrasting stripe on it and it screams. HOWEVER, if you aren't willing to keep up with any dark paint you will be disappointed in the appearance as it does show dirt rather easily. I would think that anyone getting a new Camaro would keep it spotless regardless of the color so go black and keep her shined!!!! After the Zaino I can't even take a picture of the car without a glare or reflection. It's like a mirror
__________________
2SS-RS Black over INFERNO Orange
My bank loves me when I buy a new car every two years
SS_in_Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:33 PM   #19
Blakout
 
Blakout's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Mercury Cougar
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
Pssh, you are no where near ricer territory yet.
Haha, yeah, I hope so. It's kind of funny, I have a friend that I went to high school with who's the complete opposite of me when it comes to cars. He's ricer heaven, doesn't want anything to do with domestics. Tacky colors, huge whale wings, weedwhacker exhaust; he's all over it. As long as he likes nothing about my car when I have it photoshopped out on the computer screen, then I'm in the green.

This is what I want mine to sound like (minus the Automatic part ):

__________________
Blakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:33 PM   #20
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!
 
JewelZ's Avatar
 
Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: san antonio, tx
Posts: 1,325
IOM with black stripes...
__________________
CGM( GRAY 2 tone interior ) 2LT/RS/AUTO

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:39 PM   #21
Blakout
 
Blakout's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Mercury Cougar
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_in_Black View Post
I'm obsessed about keeping my car clean. Heck, I carry a bottled water and towel(s) just in case something like bird crap or a stupid bug gets on it while I'm driving around. Then again I may be extreme (hmmm good poll maybe). Black, IMHO, is absolutley the sexiest, bada55 color there is. Throw a contrasting stripe on it and it screams. HOWEVER, if you aren't willing to keep up with any dark paint you will be disappointed in the appearance as it does show dirt rather easily. I would think that anyone getting a new Camaro would keep it spotless regardless of the color so go black and keep her shined!!!! After the Zaino I can't even take a picture of the car without a glare or reflection. It's like a mirror
I agree with you on the sexy black thing. I was thinking I'd do black with custom silver BB-style stripes on it, blacked out head/taillights and bowties blacked out with a silver outline on them. I know I'll keep it nice and clean, but I'm not so sure about washing it after every time it rains. I live in Florida. Rain = every day here.
__________________
Blakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:40 PM   #22
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958
 
Camaro_Corvette's Avatar
 
Drives: Team 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 23,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakout View Post
Haha, yeah, I hope so. It's kind of funny, I have a friend that I went to high school with who's the complete opposite of me when it comes to cars. He's ricer heaven, doesn't want anything to do with domestics. Tacky colors, huge whale wings, weedwhacker exhaust; he's all over it. As long as he likes nothing about my car when I have it photoshopped out on the computer screen, then I'm in the green.

This is what I want mine to sound like (minus the Automatic part ):

Good rule to live by!
__________________
I hate parking threads...
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:47 PM   #23
InfinitR
 
Drives: Always fun
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 17
InfinitR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:49 PM   #24
2010SSRSM6
SoCal C5 Family Member
 
2010SSRSM6's Avatar
 
Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,905
Here are some IOM pictures (that don't do the color justice) and a couple of ABL shots just to keep you focused.......

Name:  P7100672.jpg
Views: 971
Size:  158.4 KB

Name:  P7100674.jpg
Views: 948
Size:  119.4 KB

Name:  P7100676.jpg
Views: 954
Size:  132.9 KB

Name:  P7100677.jpg
Views: 935
Size:  110.6 KB

Name:  P7260724.jpg
Views: 938
Size:  122.0 KB

Name:  P7260726.jpg
Views: 1043
Size:  167.8 KB

Getting the Rally stripes and GFX installed as this is being typed. I should have her back tomorrow. Leaving the GFX unpainted. I'll post pic's of the difference after she is home.
__________________
Powered by Cunningham MotorSports
2010SSRSM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:53 PM   #25
ssump29
LOL at most people here.
 
ssump29's Avatar
 
Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
Join Date: May 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 1,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakout View Post
I remember the first time I saw this kind of Orange color when it came out on other cars. It never used to be a very popular color. I think the first time I ever saw it was on a 350Z and I since then, I have loved the color. Up until I found out you would be able to get this Camaro in this color, I had planned on going with Black on Black. But now, I'm really considering either IOM/Black interior or IOM/IOM interior...that orange ambient light thing really intrigues me...does anyone have any pics of their orange ambient light in the dark? If so, I'd love to see it. That or just some pics of your IOM cars would be great. Yes, I'm spending time in the IOM photo thread to those who would tell me to go there.
just for you brother. IOM on IO is the way to go.
Attached Images
     
__________________
Number 5952. oh yeahhhhhhh
ssump29 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
INTERIOR COLOR CHOICES RetroDude Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 47 12-15-2009 01:48 PM
Do the IOM with IOM interior have IOM door panel inserts, and dash trim? dragonZ28 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 14 11-12-2009 09:22 PM
Wanted! Pic of Black 2SS w/ground effects. wildhawg 77 Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 17 07-29-2009 11:21 PM
Couple of Questions Camaro Black, stripe/wheels Banshee Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 3 02-08-2009 03:53 PM
IOM Interior impressions? djsnoflake Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 20 12-17-2008 09:27 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.