Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Classic Design Concepts
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:15 PM   #1
Blakout

Drives: 2000 Mercury Cougar
I thought I wanted Black...until I saw IOM...

I can't decide. At first I was going to go with all black. Black paint, black rims, blacked out lights and bowties, the works. I've been seeing the IOM color all over this forum and I think I might be catching the IOM fever. I was considering possibly the best of both worlds: IOM paint, with painted Black Bumblebee style stripes. I'm just torn between the two.

I'm stuck.

Maybe some nice photoshop-friendly person can throw some BB stripes on an IOM for me and show me how it looks...
Old 07-29-2009, 09:18 PM   #2
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
If you really are torn between the two, you can have a black and orange car. My dealership's owner took an IOM and painted the top half all black. He put orange stripes down the hood and on the trunk. It looked awesome! This guy did the same except different colors: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34747 Scroll down towards the bottom of this thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...t=7061&page=27. There is a photo-shopped pic of an orange and black one. Pretty cool, eh?

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:18 PM   #3
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Black, black, black, black.

Get black, it's easier to keep clean.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:19 PM   #4
jpsuperman81
That's Right 478whp450tq!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Rally Yellow
I did the same thing with yellow or black. Ultimately I'm lazy and my poor black camaro would of been dirty all the time. And well I always wanted a yellow vette and this is the next best thing, so yellow for me. I really want to see orange in person though to get a feel for it.
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:20 PM   #5
jpsuperman81
That's Right 478whp450tq!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Rally Yellow
Prostock you need to go get of some pics of that orange black combo.
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:22 PM   #6
Blakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Black, black, black, black.

Get black, it's easier to keep clean.

Yeah. Exactly. I heard it's a BI*CH to keep clean, from everyone I know who owns, or has ever owned, a black car. That's the only thing I'm wary of. That and I want mine to stand out a bit.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:23 PM   #7
Blakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsuperman81 View Post
Prostock you need to go get of some pics of that orange black combo.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:07 PM   #8
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '10 2LT/RS,'14 Caddy CTS Coupe
I was torn between IOM and ABM, When I went to the dealer he had a ABM EXACTLY like if I had ordered it as it was NOT taken, I had but one thing I had to do first, see a IOM in person, I drove 100 miles to see it up close and personal. I drove back to my dealer and ordered my IOM that very day. Its worth the wait and I will have EXACTLY what I want.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:10 PM   #9
Blakout

I remember the first time I saw this kind of Orange color when it came out on other cars. It never used to be a very popular color. I think the first time I ever saw it was on a 350Z and I since then, I have loved the color. Up until I found out you would be able to get this Camaro in this color, I had planned on going with Black on Black. But now, I'm really considering either IOM/Black interior or IOM/IOM interior...that orange ambient light thing really intrigues me...does anyone have any pics of their orange ambient light in the dark? If so, I'd love to see it. That or just some pics of your IOM cars would be great. Yes, I'm spending time in the IOM photo thread to those who would tell me to go there.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:12 PM   #10
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958

Drives: Team 1LE
Almost my least favorite color. I don't know what it is about it. I would go for IOM with the black stripes. That would definitely make it look better.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:12 PM   #11
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
Not to hijack, but my wife likes that white "CAMARO" sticker on the windshield. Anyone know where you can buy one?

Old 07-29-2009, 10:15 PM   #12
Blakout

That's what I'm thinking. Black stripes on it. At least that's some kind of Black contrast. Any thoughts on if blacking out the bowtie, while giving it an orange outline, and blacking out the tail lights and tinting the windows pretty dark would look good? I could really use an experienced photoshopper here to help me out. Always loved the Orange and Black combo.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:16 PM   #13
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakout View Post
That's what I'm thinking. Black stripes on it. At least that's some kind of Black contrast. Any thoughts on if blacking out the bowtie, while giving it an orange outline, and blacking out the tail lights and tinting the windows pretty dark would look good? I could really use an experienced photoshopper here to help me out. Always loved the Orange and Black combo.
Black stripes, dark tint, and some black accents (like a black bowtie) Will definitely make that thing pop!
Old 07-29-2009, 10:18 PM   #14
Blakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
Black stripes, dark tint, and some black accents (like a black bowtie) Will definitely make that thing pop!
I'm still considering GFX too, painted IOM though, not black. To me it just doesn't look right if it doesn't flow with the car evenly.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:19 PM   #15
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958

Quote:
I'm still considering GFX too, painted IOM though, not black. To me it just doesn't look right if it doesn't flow with the car evenly.
Completely agree.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:21 PM   #16
Blakout

Quote:
Completely agree.
But at the same time, I don't want it to look riced out...I guess I'll know for sure when I see it in person, with and without GFX. So many decisions...at least I've got time. :P
Old 07-29-2009, 10:27 PM   #17
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958

Quote:
But at the same time, I don't want it to look riced out...I guess I'll know for sure when I see it in person, with and without GFX. So many decisions...at least I've got time. :P
Pssh, you are no where near ricer territory yet.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:31 PM   #18
SS_in_Black

Drives: 2SS Black over Inferno Orange
I'm obsessed about keeping my car clean. Heck, I carry a bottled water and towel(s) just in case something like bird crap or a stupid bug gets on it while I'm driving around. Then again I may be extreme (hmmm good poll maybe). Black, IMHO, is absolutley the sexiest, bada55 color there is. Throw a contrasting stripe on it and it screams. HOWEVER, if you aren't willing to keep up with any dark paint you will be disappointed in the appearance as it does show dirt rather easily. I would think that anyone getting a new Camaro would keep it spotless regardless of the color so go black and keep her shined!!!! After the Zaino I can't even take a picture of the car without a glare or reflection. It's like a mirror
Old 07-29-2009, 10:33 PM   #19
Blakout

Quote:
Pssh, you are no where near ricer territory yet.
Haha, yeah, I hope so. It's kind of funny, I have a friend that I went to high school with who's the complete opposite of me when it comes to cars. He's ricer heaven, doesn't want anything to do with domestics. Tacky colors, huge whale wings, weedwhacker exhaust; he's all over it. As long as he likes nothing about my car when I have it photoshopped out on the computer screen, then I'm in the green.

This is what I want mine to sound like (minus the Automatic part ):

Old 07-29-2009, 10:33 PM   #20
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
IOM with black stripes...

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:39 PM   #21
Blakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_in_Black View Post
I'm obsessed about keeping my car clean. Heck, I carry a bottled water and towel(s) just in case something like bird crap or a stupid bug gets on it while I'm driving around. Then again I may be extreme (hmmm good poll maybe). Black, IMHO, is absolutley the sexiest, bada55 color there is. Throw a contrasting stripe on it and it screams. HOWEVER, if you aren't willing to keep up with any dark paint you will be disappointed in the appearance as it does show dirt rather easily. I would think that anyone getting a new Camaro would keep it spotless regardless of the color so go black and keep her shined!!!! After the Zaino I can't even take a picture of the car without a glare or reflection. It's like a mirror
I agree with you on the sexy black thing. I was thinking I'd do black with custom silver BB-style stripes on it, blacked out head/taillights and bowties blacked out with a silver outline on them. I know I'll keep it nice and clean, but I'm not so sure about washing it after every time it rains. I live in Florida. Rain = every day here.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:40 PM   #22
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958

Quote:
Haha, yeah, I hope so. It's kind of funny, I have a friend that I went to high school with who's the complete opposite of me when it comes to cars. He's ricer heaven, doesn't want anything to do with domestics. Tacky colors, huge whale wings, weedwhacker exhaust; he's all over it. As long as he likes nothing about my car when I have it photoshopped out on the computer screen, then I'm in the green.

This is what I want mine to sound like (minus the Automatic part ):

Good rule to live by!
Old 07-29-2009, 10:47 PM   #23
InfinitR

Drives: Always fun
InfinitR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:49 PM   #24
2010SSRSM6
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Here are some IOM pictures (that don't do the color justice) and a couple of ABL shots just to keep you focused.......

Name:  P7100672.jpg
Views: 971
Size:  158.4 KB

Name:  P7100674.jpg
Views: 948
Size:  119.4 KB

Name:  P7100676.jpg
Views: 954
Size:  132.9 KB

Name:  P7100677.jpg
Views: 935
Size:  110.6 KB

Name:  P7260724.jpg
Views: 938
Size:  122.0 KB

Name:  P7260726.jpg
Views: 1043
Size:  167.8 KB

Getting the Rally stripes and GFX installed as this is being typed. I should have her back tomorrow. Leaving the GFX unpainted. I'll post pic's of the difference after she is home.