Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing Discussions on mechanical maintenance and servicing of your Camaro

Old 07-30-2009, 10:40 AM   #1
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
No Water under car from AC

Ok where the heck is the water that you normally get from running you AC? I mean I have had my car since May in south Alabama and have not seen any yet. I have even opened the bottom foot vents to see if the fan will blow water out of it in case something is clogged and nothing.

Any ideas?
2013 2SS, GM Strut Tower Brace, CAI Intake Black, VMAX TB, Elite Catch Can, Hotchkis Chassis Brace, Hurst Shifter, 3.91 1LE Complete Rear End, NPP, 1LE Track Pack,Factory Reproductions Style 41 ZL1 Fitment Wheels 10" on all 4 corners
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:55 AM   #2
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Has the weather been dry were you live the humity has alot to do with how much condensation you will have drier air less water ...
Old 07-30-2009, 11:27 AM   #3
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
If I remember correctly, there was a couple of people on here who had problems with their drain plug being clogged and had to take it to the dealer to have them get it unclogged. I don't remember the specifics though since it's been awhile but it could be a place to start as if this is the problem it could cause some more serious water damage later.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:43 AM   #4
My new Camaro

Drives: 2500 hd
i dont get alot of water under mine and im in arkansas
My new Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:00 PM   #5
CatiaJockey

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
I'm in Ms. and I get a pretty good puddle under the passenger side firewall. How much do your other cars leave? That should be an indication of what you should see under your Camaro.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:20 PM   #6
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
I live in Alabama and I have puddles under mine, so much that I took it to the dealer cause I was concerned. They lifted it up and showed me where it was coming from, they even checked every fitting just to make sure and nothing was loose. Boy is this car awesome.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:10 PM   #7
Lite_Beer_Man

Drives: SIM 1SS MAN 6SPD
No water under my car either. Just curious, is there a fluttering sound coming from your dash vents other than the normal air flow noise? I hear strange noise at certain fan speeds other than low.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:13 PM   #8
Scott@Bjorn3D

I am taking it to a girls oil change shop I know. She has a IOM 2LT a 94 Z28 and a early 70's Camaro. She lives and breaths Camaro and said she would have her guy take a quick look. My dealer said no bulletin on it so they would not look at it.
2013 2SS, GM Strut Tower Brace, CAI Intake Black, VMAX TB, Elite Catch Can, Hotchkis Chassis Brace, Hurst Shifter, 3.91 1LE Complete Rear End, NPP, 1LE Track Pack,Factory Reproductions Style 41 ZL1 Fitment Wheels 10" on all 4 corners
Old 07-30-2009, 04:46 PM   #9
Scott@Bjorn3D

Ok the guy in the pit could not find the drain at all. No line or nothing. HELP!!
Old 07-30-2009, 05:00 PM   #10
69 Hugger

Drives: 69 Convertible Camaro
Scott check this thread out, sounds like the same stuff going on.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ter+windshield
69 Hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:07 PM   #11
WySS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS M6 CGM A9125214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Ok the guy in the pit could not find the drain at all. No line or nothing. HELP!!
Give these a shot and find a new dealer! They cant fix your L99 problem and tell you a bulletin doesnt exist when it obviously does.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf AC Drain.pdf (542.6 KB, 593 views)
WySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:19 PM   #12
97one

Drives: 1LT RS w/polished 19"rims
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Ok where the heck is the water that you normally get from running you AC? I mean I have had my car since May in south Alabama and have not seen any yet. I have even opened the bottom foot vents to see if the fan will blow water out of it in case something is clogged and nothing.

Any ideas?
I have seen very little water from the AC. I also find it VERY strange, W/ Hot & Humid weather here ! AC is nice and cold though!

Can someone explain exactly where the water should drip from ? Maybe a pinched hose? Or what?
THANKS,
97one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:47 PM   #13
Musclebee

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Delivered on 4/23
I just heard water slooshing around in my car today it's seems like it is coming from the back, but can not be sure. I will have to run my air also to see if there is water on the ground it should come out by the right front tire.
Musclebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:56 PM   #14
97one

Drives: 1LT RS w/polished 19"rims
Quote:
Originally Posted by WySS View Post
Give these a shot and find a new dealer! They cant fix your L99 problem and tell you a bulletin doesnt exist when it obviously does.
Thanks, Great Info. I wonder if it is exactly the same with the V6 ?
97one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:23 PM   #15
69 Hugger

Drives: 69 Convertible Camaro
Quote:
Thanks for the information, Kind of involved for a clogged AC condensation line.
69 Hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:29 PM   #16
FNKNSTN
Banned

Drives: A Black Car
Gallons puddle up under mine when I park.
FNKNSTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:34 PM   #17
WySS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS M6 CGM A9125214
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 Hugger View Post
Thanks for the information, Kind of involved for a clogged AC condensation line.
Yea, i would take it to a dealer and mention this bulletin number, unless you goto the same dealer as Scott.
WySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:17 PM   #18
Musclebee

Have not seen water under my car from the air either. I took my car to the dealer today about the slooshing sound and the service guy said it was the gas tank and that it is not unusual. Has anyone else heard the gas slooshing around in the gas tank?
Old 07-31-2009, 11:25 PM   #19
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNKNSTN View Post
Gallons puddle up under mine when I park.
Even when I pull up and back in I can see the drips tracking my route.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:30 PM   #20
az5thgen

Drives: 2010 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lite_Beer_Man View Post
No water under my car either. Just curious, is there a fluttering sound coming from your dash vents other than the normal air flow noise? I hear strange noise at certain fan speeds other than low.
I'm getting a sound from mine also - took it to the dealer and they said they couldn't re-create it. Happens at certain fan speed sporatically.
az5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:49 PM   #21
shiftz33

Drives: Camaro SS, SSR, T-Bird, Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musclebee View Post
Have not seen water under my car from the air either. I took my car to the dealer today about the slooshing sound and the service guy said it was the gas tank and that it is not unusual. Has anyone else heard the gas slooshing around in the gas tank?
Yes, I've heard gas in the gas tank sloshing around.

The thing to keep in mind with the A/C condensation is that it drains out onto the top side of the transmission. If the transmission is warm/hot, it can make it evaporate if the outside humidity is low and the amount of water coming out of the A/C is low. I've definitely seen A/C condensation dripping off of the transmission (yes it was water...).

A couple of weeks ago (in NorCal) the humidity was very low (20% or lower) so I did not seem very much A/C condensation dripping out. Now that we have some higher humidity levels the past several days, I definitely see a lot more A/C condensation dripping off of the transmission onto the ground.
12 Charger SRT8 | 04 Chevy SSR | 04 Ford Thunderbird PCR #428 | 06 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
shiftz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 06:24 AM   #22
Scott@Bjorn3D

Quote:
Yeah I told my dealer about that bulletin yesterday. The service advisor did not want to look at it because the carpet was not wet yet. I was like WTF. I said it says that you get paid something to do it so lets fix the problem before the carpet does get wet along with other things and causes issues.

My service advisor is sick of me. She is all mad because the car has thrown no codes so her area manager will not pay them for all the testing they have done on my car. I am really seeing why people buy other cars makers cars if the service departments do not want to just fix the problem and are to worried about getting paid. If they would just fix the issues and be happy they would have me as a customer even after my warranty is gone.

They all better start taking Fritz position, no happy customers, no car sales, no GM.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:07 PM   #23
CatiaJockey

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
There are a lot of companies that better start taking that to heart! There are a lot of potential buyers reading these forums and your case will be fresh on their minds.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:49 PM   #24
Musclebee

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftz33 View Post
Yes, I've heard gas in the gas tank sloshing around.

The thing to keep in mind with the A/C condensation is that it drains out onto the top side of the transmission. If the transmission is warm/hot, it can make it evaporate if the outside humidity is low and the amount of water coming out of the A/C is low. I've definitely seen A/C condensation dripping off of the transmission (yes it was water...).

A couple of weeks ago (in NorCal) the humidity was very low (20% or lower) so I did not seem very much A/C condensation dripping out. Now that we have some higher humidity levels the past several days, I definitely see a lot more A/C condensation dripping off of the transmission onto the ground.
Thanks, at least I know it is not just my car.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:41 PM   #25
Wikedwil
Co-founder of CDCNY

Drives: 2012 Camaro Black LS A6
[QUOTE=Scott@Bjorn3D;746194]Yeah I told my dealer about that bulletin yesterday. The service advisor did not want to look at it because the carpet was not wet yet. I was like WTF. I said it says that you get paid something to do it so lets fix the problem before the carpet does get wet along with other things and causes issues.

My service advisor is sick of me. She is all mad because the car has thrown no codes so her area manager will not pay them for all the testing they have done on my car. I am really seeing why people buy other cars makers cars if the service departments do not want to just fix the problem and are to worried about getting paid. If they would just fix the issues and be happy they would have me as a customer even after my warranty is gone.

They all better start taking Fritz position, no happy customers, no car sales, no GM.[

Apparently your service advisor is a idiot. Why would you have a code for moisture? I am willing to bet if you ask for the owner to listen to you, the service manger and the advisor will get an ass-chewing. What did she mean "area" manager? If he is connected to the warranty dept, get his name and number. Call her bluff. Sounds too me like she has an answer for everything,WRONG !! JMO ! Good luck.
Wikedwil is offline   Reply With Quote