Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old Yesterday, 11:26 AM   #1
Daverph

Drives: 2015 2SS Yellow
Just Traded by '08 Corvette for "15 2SS

Decided I needed to change so the Vette is gone and new 2SS is in its place. Question for all, I used my Diablosport Intune on the Camaro with the 93 octane tune and hard shift option which really improved performance and acceleration. I have seen posts recommending the Vitesse TC but didn't I do that with my "tune"? Thinking of adding a front splitter, already added strut tower brace and splash guards. Any other cheap mod ideas?
Daverph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:57 AM   #2
JAX CAMARO

Drives: orange 2011 2SS/RS
We need to see picks before we pony up any info !
ARH 1 7/8" Headers W/HFC, GM Performance Exhaust / K&N Typhoon CAI, Comp Custom Grind Dominator 3 Cam, Pioneer Dual Valve Springs, Trickflow Push rods, IWIS Timing Chain, Rapid Motorsports Tune, 496 RWHP
JAX CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:04 PM   #3
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
Love my controller ") Took the lag away
Old Yesterday, 12:06 PM   #4
MLL67RSSS

Drives: 67 Indy Pace Car
The proper way to alter the throttle take-up is with a tune. However some don't want to void their powertrain warranty with a tune and go with the VTC. Also might like that it's selectable. Same/similar end result and not void their warranty. Can be removed before warranty work if desired as well. Same with the skip-shift eliminator and "range" device to shut off AFM in the L99's.

Last edited by MLL67RSSS; Yesterday at 12:31 PM.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:41 PM   #5
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
The proper way to alter the throttle take-up is with a tune. However some don't want to void their powertrain warranty with a tune and go with the VTC. Also might like that it's selectable. Same/similar end result and not void their warranty. Can be removed before warranty work if desired as well. Same with the... "range" device to shut off AFM in the L99's.
That says it all for me. Love my VTC. Love my Range device. Love my warranty.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Vitesse Throttle Controller, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:49 PM   #6
13BRM2SSRS

Drives: 13 Camaro 2SS Vert L99
Congrats on the new ride! Post up some pics. How does the SS compare to the Vette? As far as Mods go get a CAI, some exhaust mods are cheap, cosmetic mods
Factory Black GFX / CAI Intake / VMAX TB / RX Catch Can / Range AFM Delete / Valentine 1 Mirror Mount/Power / Window Tint / Zaino / SS Fender Emblems / Stealth Splash Guards / Muffler Delete & MBRP Square Tips / Footwell, Glovebox, & Center Console Leds
13BRM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:21 PM   #7
762ch

Drives: 2011 2SS
Get the vtc and tint the windows for starters!
762ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:25 PM   #8
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
A oil catch can is a must. I use elite engineering. Also a CAI would not void your warranty.
2013 2SS/RS LS3 M6 ,CRT, NPP, Forged 428 ls3 stroker, GMPP ported heads, Katech chain, Mast windage, cam motion stage 3 cam, trunnion upgrade, Stainless power headers HFC, CAI induction, Vmax PTD, Fluidampr25% udp, LPW diff cover, BMR strut brace,trailing arms, toes, bushings, Rocket racing wheels, elite catch can, clutch reservoir, under dash/body lights/scanner LED, DRL lights/halos rewire, Custom striping and Sparks badges, mild to wild, tint, MRT louvers, ZL1 spoiler, MGW short throw, Monster dual modded c-7 clutch and bleeder with bearing support, high vol ported pump, Driven ls30 .
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:25 PM   #9
damian559

Drives: 2015 1SS, 1LE, Recaro, NPP
Maryland Speed has Stainless Power 1 7/8 longtube headers with midpipes and CAI intake for $880 shipped. Best bang for your buck. I gained 70rwhp with those parts and tune.

Youtube Channel: Click Here
damian559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:28 PM   #10
SSJ455

Drives: "Jeanie" 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAX CAMARO View Post
We need to see picks before we pony up any info !

Pics or ban!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding. Congrats!!
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:41 PM   #11
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
A Bo White ported TB and a CAI is a great way to go . I would get the ported TB over the VTC
Old Yesterday, 07:04 PM   #12
miller8907

Drives: 2014 SIM 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
A oil catch can is a must. I use elite engineering. Also a CAI would not void your warranty.
These were my first two mods. Followed by Solo HFCs. Cosmetic wise it depends on the color of your car but black bowties look better than the gold ones on any color IMO. Easy and cheap to do with plasti-dip.

Now post some pics!

2014 1SS/RS LS3- NPP, CAI cold air intake, Elite catch can, Solo HFCs.
miller8907 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:14 PM   #13
jdsblueray2013

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2ssrs Blue Ray
Send a message via Yahoo to jdsblueray2013
Palmer Ga, can the vitesse and range work together?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
That says it all for me. Love my VTC. Love my Range device. Love my warranty.
jdsblueray2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:17 PM   #14
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5 & C6
bad move..j/k..don't think I could give up my '08(M6 fun to drive).
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:20 PM   #15
Daverph

Pics I hope

Both cars together
Attached Images

Old Yesterday, 07:24 PM   #16
Daverph

I will post another pic tomorrow after window tinting. I have already plastidipped the wheels black to see if I like it and I do so powder coating black in future. Trying to decide on some stripes but don't want too much, thinking hash marks in front and something on rear deck lid/spoiler.
Old Yesterday, 07:31 PM   #17
Daverph

I do like many things over the Vette: Stock radio in Camaro is way better, interior actually seems better too. After the tune the Camaro seems to get up and go as much as the Vette but doesn't pin you back in your seat quite as much during hard acceleration. 3 things I do miss are 1) push button start 2)seat and mirror memory 3) auto lock and un-lock with the fob in your pocket. But I would trade again cause I love my new Camaro!!!
Old Yesterday, 07:53 PM   #18
Mikey D

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daverph View Post
Both cars together
Nice color!
Mikey D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:17 PM   #19
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daverph View Post
I do like many things over the Vette: Stock radio in Camaro is way better, interior actually seems better too. After the tune the Camaro seems to get up and go as much as the Vette but doesn't pin you back in your seat quite as much during hard acceleration. 3 things I do miss are 1) push button start 2)seat and mirror memory 3) auto lock and un-lock with the fob in your pocket. But I would trade again cause I love my new Camaro!!!
Was about to ask what do you like over the Corvette to make the trade.
What are your plans for the car like DD, weekend, summer car. Drag strip or Road course?
Old Yesterday, 09:29 PM   #20
Ace0751
Top Down Drive Around

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertable
Enjoy it to the fullest and let the modding begin again. These are very fun cars as much as I wanted a coupe the vert is pure awesome and having 400 at the wheels is icing on the cake.

Ace0751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:36 AM   #21
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsblueray2013 View Post
Palmer Ga, can the vitesse and range work together?
Absolutely.
All the Range does (essentially) is block the signals the ECU receives that tells it to engage the Active Fuel Management system, dropping your engine into 4-cylinder mode - which everyone hates. Your engine stays in V8 mode all the time - as it should be. If you should want AFM to be operable, just reach down and unplug the Range.

In simple terms, the VTC strictly deals with the response time between pressing the gas pedal and the opening of the throttle body butterfly (which allows more air into the engine). A stock unturned engine has a built-in lag between pedal press and engine response (for safety reasons - giving the nannies time to react to the increase in power). The VTC removes some or all of the lag time, depending on what you have it set on.

It's a perfect combination, especially for the A6 L99 engines. For less than $400 you will be amazed at the difference in how your car responds. And you'll still have your warranty intact.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Vitesse Throttle Controller, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote