Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2009, 06:26 PM   #1
alex33x
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: El Paso, Tx
Posts: 688
New Era Intake before and after Dyno (26rwhp) No tune

Gains were 16 horses and about 22 pounds of torque. Sorry about my bad math!!!

I got my New Era Intake today, and I took the car to the dyno. I got 16 horses after letting it cool down. I'm very happy witht he intake you can really feel the power in the top end. Also note that temperatures and humidity werent at its best.

No tune done or anything ARH header getting installed tomorrow and tune will be done then.

I'll post pics tomorrow.

__________________
Devliered July 20, 2012

Last edited by alex33x; 08-01-2009 at 10:00 AM.
alex33x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:33 PM   #2
nfamous209
 
Drives: 2002 Camaro z28
Join Date: May 2008
Location: patterson, ca
Posts: 413
Send a message via AIM to nfamous209 Send a message via Yahoo to nfamous209
nice gain's new era makes good stuff. eh i hate those dynos that go by mph and not by rpm.
nfamous209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:36 PM   #3
camarossrs2150

 
camarossrs2150's Avatar
 
Drives: abm2ssrs
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: still out of my mind
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex33x View Post
I got my New Era Intake today, and I took the car to the dyno. I got 26 horses after letting it cool down. I'm very happy witht he intake you can really feel the power in the top end. Also note that temperatures and humidity werent at its best.

No tune done or anything ARH header getting installed tomorrow and tune will be done then.

I'll post pics tomorrow.

how was it to install .do you have auto or man
__________________
[SIGPIC]
camarossrs2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:43 PM   #4
alex33x
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: El Paso, Tx
Posts: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarossrs2150 View Post
how was it to install .do you have auto or man
It's a manual and it took me, about an hour.
__________________
Devliered July 20, 2012
alex33x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:47 PM   #5
camarossrs2150

 
camarossrs2150's Avatar
 
Drives: abm2ssrs
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: still out of my mind
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex33x View Post
It's a manual and it took me, about an hour.
thanks ,did you have to move anything like rad or stuff ,good luck
__________________
[SIGPIC]
camarossrs2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:18 PM   #6
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper
 
tjbusa's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lexington,SC
Posts: 3,132
Thats an awesome gain, sounds like money well spent.
__________________
***************************************
Drive-by

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
***************************************
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:27 PM   #7
ZZcamaro


 
Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,703
The install is not too too bad.
Just follow the instructions carefully, they are really good instructions.

As for gains.
I have a customer with the L99 whom gained 56 RWHP with the ARH and the New Era intake!!
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:57 PM   #8
camarossrs2150

 
camarossrs2150's Avatar
 
Drives: abm2ssrs
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: still out of my mind
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZcamaro View Post
The install is not too too bad.
Just follow the instructions carefully, they are really good instructions.

As for gains.
I have a customer with the L99 whom gained 56 RWHP with the ARH and the New Era intake!!
is there any way someone could post the instructions on here .just would like to see what it intails thanks
__________________
[SIGPIC]
camarossrs2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:00 PM   #9
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,824
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
very cool
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
A group as a whole tends to be smarter than the smartest person in that group until one jackass convinces everyone otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:49 PM   #10
rodimus prime
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Cargo van.
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Metal Metal Land
Posts: 1,247
See now I have been skeptical of their intak at $500, but man a sold 25hp looks pretty good. As soon as a vararam price comes out with some dyno numbers its more than likely going to be between them.
rodimus prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:56 PM   #11
bucklwi1
 
bucklwi1's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevrolet Malibu
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MA
Posts: 113
what was the baseline HP when stock?
bucklwi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 12:14 AM   #12
VelocityC6
 
VelocityC6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Z06
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicopee
Posts: 42
Sorry to sound skeptical but there is no way you gained 26rwhp from just the intake. Looking at your dyno sheet tells the story, at 2:36 you made a pull, 2 mins later you made a second pull and did 371rwhp. (did it take only 2 min to swap the intake and spin up the dyno....unlikely) Then the car sat for 45min (probably while the intake was swapped) and you did 379rwhp.

LS motors are very heat sensative. My LS7 hot did 414rwhp (coolant temps above 220, let it cool down to 200 and the next pull was 446rwhp, nothing changed other then a cool down and I gained 30+rwhp.

If you guys see 5-10rwhp that would be terrific, someone claiming 20+ just doesn't realize what combination of factors are leading to those inflated numbers.
__________________
2006 Lemans Blue C6 Z06
1995 3000GT VR4-sold
2005 Pontiac GTO-sold
2007 Corvette Z51-sold
VelocityC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 12:26 AM   #13
alex33x
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: El Paso, Tx
Posts: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelocityC6 View Post
Sorry to sound skeptical but there is no way you gained 26rwhp from just the intake. Looking at your dyno sheet tells the story, at 2:36 you made a pull, 2 mins later you made a second pull and did 371rwhp. (did it take only 2 min to swap the intake and spin up the dyno....unlikely) Then the car sat for 45min (probably while the intake was swapped) and you did 379rwhp.

LS motors are very heat sensative. My LS7 hot did 414rwhp (coolant temps above 220, let it cool down to 200 and the next pull was 446rwhp, nothing changed other then a cool down and I gained 30+rwhp.

If you guys see 5-10rwhp that would be terrific, someone claiming 20+ just doesn't realize what combination of factors are leading to those inflated numbers.
All pulls today were already witht the intake in, they did an earlier pull in the morning where the car put down 364hp without the intake. The second one did 1st through 4th, then after letting the car cool down they did the last one. At first I was surprise because I didnt see any change from the pulls from earlier, I was about to call New Era and tell them their intake sucks. Then he told me he didnt do a full pull. Like I said I was surprise but in the end happy with the results, you can be as skeptical as you I wont try to change your mind either. It's up to you what you want to believe.

The first pull looks crappy because he didnt do afull pull, he just went first then into second.

I had a C&L intake in my 07 GT and had a gain of 17rwhp with it, so I dont see where you get your 5-10rwhp numbers, maybe from really old cars or something.
__________________
Devliered July 20, 2012
alex33x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:25 AM   #14
Doc
Dances With Mustangs
 
Doc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex33x View Post
All pulls today were already witht the intake in, they did an earlier pull in the morning where the car put down 364hp without the intake. The second one did 1st through 4th, then after letting the car cool down they did the last one. At first I was surprise because I didnt see any change from the pulls from earlier, I was about to call New Era and tell them their intake sucks. Then he told me he didnt do a full pull. Like I said I was surprise but in the end happy with the results, you can be as skeptical as you I wont try to change your mind either. It's up to you what you want to believe.

The first pull looks crappy because he didnt do afull pull, he just went first then into second.

I had a C&L intake in my 07 GT and had a gain of 17rwhp with it, so I dont see where you get your 5-10rwhp numbers, maybe from really old cars or something.
Well if 363 (according to the dyno readout) was your base before installing the intake, and 379 was your best WITH the intake, then 379 - 363 = 16 not 26. That's still a decent gain though.
__________________

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.