Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-01-2008, 11:57 PM   #1
Slave One

Drives: 2013 SIM 2SS/RS L99
New car buying tips..

Well... The NEW Camaro... man, I still cant believe I'm actually going to be able to purchase a brand spanking new one Thought I had missed my chance when they stopped making them before...

I am 24 years old, and this is going to be my first brand new car purchase, and thus being, I have never had to deal with new car salesmen or dealerships. I have always heard the horror stories of people getting screwed and really wanted to avoid this if at all possible.

I came across this website that I wanted to pass onto you guys that has a TON of GREAT, Free information (although some things you have to pay for, like credit report and such).

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/carintro.html

Let me know what you guys think and if yall have anything at all to add. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat
Slave One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:59 PM   #2
NOODLESgoneWILD
IS IT 2009 YET???

Drives: '05 Z51 Black Vette & '06 H2
Send a message via MSN to NOODLESgoneWILD
Buy 2 or 3 years old used...save thousands and pay cash...best advice i can give!
Old 04-02-2008, 12:07 AM   #3
Slave One

Ohhhhh trust me... I understand that.... but I REALLLLLY dont think I will be able to wait
Old 04-02-2008, 12:11 AM   #4
NOODLESgoneWILD
IS IT 2009 YET???

Drives: '05 Z51 Black Vette & '06 H2
Send a message via MSN to NOODLESgoneWILD
I know I don't think Ill be able to either....My savings account is going to take a serious hit...but I keep reminding myself...wait for the big dog and it'll probably come out in year 2 or 3!
Old 04-02-2008, 11:54 AM   #5
The_Blur
Rock Chalk

Drives: Demon Super Sport
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
At least pay most of it in cash. Also remember to consider what insurance will be. If you forget to talk to the insurance company you use, you may find yourself having to sell your new car. Sacrificing financial security is never worth your cool new car. I'll wait to see what kinks the Camaro has, then for some aftermarket to develop, and finally until I have the money.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:05 PM   #6
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010
Z28 Hold Out!

Drives: 2000 Monte Carlo SS
There is not a whole lot to do when it comes to the new Camaro. I sell cars. All I can say about the Camaro is; find a dealer you like, and make sure they are not charging over MSRP. There is not going to be a lot of barging that is for sure.
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:19 PM   #7
Slave One

Well... I dont plan on buying the day they come out... I am realistically planning for around December or February of 2010, but still want it Brand New... wuold that be to my advantage??
Old 04-02-2008, 02:01 PM   #8
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Do most of your talking to the dealer thru their internet representative. I tend to get better deals that way. Though with the Camaro I doubt there will be much budging on price. Just make sure it's not over MSRP at the most.

I know there are those that are gung-ho about purchasing a 2-3 year old used car. But I just can't do it. I want to KNOW how my car was treated from the beginning, as well as get the full factory warranty.

I just see buying used as buying someone elses hand-me-down problem. I've only bought one used car since I got my license. Every other car has been brand new.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 02:20 PM   #9
The_Blur
Rock Chalk

Drives: Demon Super Sport
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
Do most of your talking to the dealer thru their internet representative. I tend to get better deals that way.
Do you recommend a dealership salesperson responsible for selling cars online or some other representative?
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 02:48 PM   #10
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave One View Post
Well... I dont plan on buying the day they come out... I am realistically planning for around December or February of 2010, but still want it Brand New... wuold that be to my advantage??

I don't think that they'll be for sale in feb. 2010
I've heard mid-march?

but anyway, The advantage of a new car is psychological and has some "real" benefits.
Sitting in a brand new car that's YOURS, zero miles, it's like the car is your new-born baby
plus you get a warranty for the problems which will probably come up with the first year of production of any car...
the only downside is if you're planning on selling it in 2 or 3 years, since there will probably be pretty bad depreciation with the numbers they plan on building.

I say go for a new one if you can afford it and keep it for about 5 years....or more
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 03:48 PM   #11
Slave One

First 1/4 of 2009 bub....
Old 04-02-2008, 03:59 PM   #12
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 1LE...Drove: 2012 ZL1
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by aston70 View Post
They won't be for sale in 2010?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave One View Post
First 1/4 of 2009 bub....
But continuing to be sold through 2010, in case that was the confusion. It won't be a 1-year run.

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:34 PM   #13
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Do you recommend a dealership salesperson responsible for selling cars online or some other representative?
Well, most dealers only have on person that deals with the internet stuff. If you come up with an acceptable deal via eMail just go into the dealership and talk to whichever dealer you wish. Tell them you've been in contact with their internet representative and they can look up all the info that has gone back and forth between yourself and their man.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:00 AM   #14
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I'll be in about the same boat. I'll be 25 in spring of 2011 (well fall 2010 but I'm not buying then, my camaro isn't going to see a winter while I own it). It will be my first ever brand new car, first one in my family since the mid 60's. We've always bought used but I want to take care of my Camaro, I want to know everything that has been done to it, and know exactly how much abuse it goes through. A simple people mover can be used, but not a 5th Gen Camaro. not for me at least
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote