Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

RDP Motorsport
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Road Course/Track and Autocross For road course/track and autocross discussions.

Old 04-12-2014, 06:48 PM   #1
tomster
Mid Ohio 1:41.45

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
AUTOINTERESTS & CAMARO5 PARTNER FOR MIDOHIO TRACK DAY

BIG NEWS!!!!

I talked with Auto Interests and they are going to extend a Discounted (Group) Rate for camaro5 members and friends. Here is how it works!

-Go to Autointerests website Regstar for The Sept 1st, "Smokey's Performance Mid-Ohio Labor Day HPDE"

-At Checkout use the coupon code 2014MOLDTS to receive the discounted rate of $250

-Free Spectator entry for members of camaro5

-If we get 15 cars or more: will receive dedicated parking area and 3 free dedicated garages.

This will be for the Sept 1st event.

Events start at 7:30am and last till about 5pm.

There will be run groups for everyone from beginner (0-5 track days) to advanced (20+ track days)

I need a message from you with your FULL NAME to partake in this Amazing offer from AutoIntersts!!

AutoInterests link
Performance Driving Events
A longtime specialty of AutoInterests is organizing safe, fun and welcoming performance driving/road course events.

We have always specialized in road course performance driving events. Our events welcome all makes and models of cars as well as both experienced and novice drivers.

Our groups for track events feature a friendly group of staff and participants with the common goal of an outstanding performance driving experience and a great time!

Vehicles at our track events range from a stock Ford Taurus to supercharged Dodge Vipers. Everyone is able to have a great time and have a unique performance driving experience due to the organization of run groups and assistance of fantastic, experienced instructors.

Whether you have never participated in a performance driving event or are a seasoned veteran we encourage you to attend our events for a unique, diverse experience in a welcoming atmosphere!

We provide a great alternative to exclusive club events/groups!

Last edited by tomster; 07-29-2014 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Added coupon code
tomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:05 PM   #2
tomster

Sept 1st 2014 Drivers List (Lets try to get more camaro5 members on this list it is a Holiday no excuses why you cant be there!!!)

1. Tomster (ZL1 Camaro)

2. Brian Ruckdeschel (cts-v)

3. Paul Curley (Z06 corvette)

4. Stitch (Camaro SS)

5. Scott Burkhart (lotus "yellow")

6. Green Machine (Camaro 1LE)

7. Darren Stursa (Lotus "black")

8. Collin Squire (Mini Cooper)

9. Mark Bertke (CTS-V)

10. James hodges (Evo)

11. Pauls Dad (C7)

12. Mark Duntz (370Z)

13. Norm Peterson (Mustang Gt)

14. brokencilence (Camaro 1LE)

15. Terebit (MR2)

16. GT500 (Blue/white)

Last edited by tomster; 08-29-2014 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:08 PM   #3
tomster

Photos from 6/2/14 Mid ohio event

Last edited by tomster; 06-06-2014 at 09:59 PM.
Old 04-13-2014, 12:00 AM   #4
Green Machine
Always Workin

Drives: 2014 1SS 1LE
Depending on how my first event goes.. I may have to come back in September.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:19 AM   #5
tomster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Machine View Post
Depending on how my first event goes.. I may have to come back in September.
LOL, so I will see you in september too... If your anything like me you will be hooked. I have been to Mid Ohio many times, twice with this group and let me tell you. They are all about the track time, the relationships, and just making sure everyone has fun. After you go in june im sure you will be begging to come back in Sept.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:03 AM   #6
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
As of now, I am in for another labor day run.

I'll let you know if things change.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:34 AM   #7
tomster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
As of now, I am in for another labor day run.

I'll let you know if things change.
Gott it!
Old 04-14-2014, 06:02 PM   #8
TLSTWIN

Back Street Performance might be sending a guy our way. He will either be in a miata or an EVO....

I will let you know. He is actually getting into racing.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:35 PM   #9
Green Machine
Always Workin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomster View Post
LOL, so I will see you in september too... If your anything like me you will be hooked. I have been to Mid Ohio many times, twice with this group and let me tell you. They are all about the track time, the relationships, and just making sure everyone has fun. After you go in june im sure you will be begging to come back in Sept.

That's probably what will happen. Im hoping to get more familiar with the car quickly in the next few weeks. It only has 950 miles on it so far.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:59 PM   #10
tomster

I am really surprised there isn't more people jumping on this early!! Is there any lookers that are undecided?

Last edited by tomster; 04-17-2014 at 08:00 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:14 PM   #11
TLSTWIN

Quote:
I am really surprised there isn't more people jumping on this early!! Is there any one lookers that are undecided?
This is exactly why I quit organizing these. let me see if I can point a couple people over here.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:20 PM   #12
Green Machine
Always Workin

Quote:
This is exactly why I quit organizing these. let me see if I can point a couple people over here.
Nobody wanted to commit or the lack of interest?
Old 04-17-2014, 03:32 PM   #13
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Machine View Post
Nobody wanted to commit or the lack of interest?
Both and at the time I was working out of state so I had no time to stay on top of people registering & paying. The few I am sending to this thread were pretty dependable to their word.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:10 PM   #14
TLSTWIN

Come on boys & girls get involved here.... once you've done mid-ohio you will know what an amazing deal this is..
Old 04-26-2014, 02:49 PM   #15
JOHNSONROD

Drives: 62 chevy & 2011 1SS/RS manual
my wife and i are already regestered. we paid 280 a piece. i got an email from shawn at torqued racing about it. you can add our names if that will help out. im coming to run an awesome track and finish killing an old set of invos so i can get my new PSS before VIR. dont laugh too loud at my mis matched wheels.
im in intermediate but i would love to have TLSTWIN or tomster ride with me one session. ive seen their vids and they is the man here.
JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:00 PM   #16
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNSONROD View Post
my wife and i are already regestered. we paid 280 a piece. i got an email from shawn at torqued racing about it. you can add our names if that will help out. im coming to run an awesome track and finish killing an old set of invos so i can get my new PSS before VIR. dont laugh too loud at my mis matched wheels.
im in intermediate but i would love to have TLSTWIN or tomster ride with me one session. ive seen their vids and they is the man here.
Thanks for the compliment, but Tomster is equally good and in a ZL1. We both will be in intermediate as well.

If we get 4 more, they will kick back $30 to us. I also paid as part of the $280.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:50 PM   #17
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
This should be fun!!
Old 04-26-2014, 06:23 PM   #18
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
This should be fun!!
More than words can explain.

Are you in?

Here is a link to Tomster's video he created from a couple videos we did at the end of the year last year at mid-ohio.

Old 04-27-2014, 09:38 AM   #19
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
More than words can explain.

Are you in?

Here is a link to Tomster's video he created from a couple videos we did at the end of the year last year at mid-ohio.

I'd absolutely love to, but my schedule just won't allow it. This year, unfortunately, I've got room for one track day.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:29 AM   #20
tomster

Quote:
Sweet I will add the both of you to the list!! If we hit our number they will kick you back some $$. I am also running Intermediate. Pm me your name and your wifes name. What will she be driving? Love to see husbands and wifes both into tracking their cars!!! Thats Awsome man! (a family that races together stays together)

Last edited by tomster; 04-27-2014 at 12:23 PM.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:44 PM   #21
tomster

Exclamation I need your help!

Some time has past and I am amazed that there are so few people who want to put their car on the track.

Just so everyone knows this is a High Performance Driving Education Event.
The purpose of the event is so you can realize your cars and your own capabilities and improve your driving skill set.
(I thought I was a good driver before I started going to these events.
I learned a lot at my first event and it gave me a whole new outlook on driving and what a great driver is.)

There will be rules, designated passing points, instructors there to help beginners and first timers. It is not a free for all. You will Learn the best line, how to find the best place to apex a corner, braking points, your cars lateral G limits. This will help with reaction times behind a wheel and make you a better driver on the road.

So we need everyone's help to spread the word about this event!
This track is known as one of the best technical tracks to race on!

Last edited by tomster; 04-27-2014 at 10:47 PM.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:34 PM   #22
JOHNSONROD

Quote:
Some time has past and I am amazed that there are so few people who want to put their car on the track.

Just so everyone knows this is a High Performance Driving Education Event.
The purpose of the event is so you can realize your cars and your own capabilities and improve your driving skill set.
(I thought I was a good driver before I started going to these events.
I learned a lot at my first event and it gave me a whole new outlook on driving and what a great driver is.)

There will be rules, designated passing points, instructors there to help beginners and first timers. It is not a free for all. You will Learn the best line, how to find the best place to apex a corner, braking points, your cars lateral G limits. This will help with reaction times behind a wheel and make you a better driver on the road.

So we need everyone's help to spread the word about this event!
This track is known as one of the best technical tracks to race on!

three things everyone thinks they can do. drive, take pictures and have sex.
i thought i could drive before my first event too. its very humbling to see how good guys with seat time are. once you have been to several of these and once again, you think you can drive . . . pull your ABS fuses and turn ALL nannies off for a new chapter in you cant drive a lick. lol.
yall come on out buys and lets go wheeling. nothing like it. you cant get this feeling at a car show or a county fair.
here is my first and only trip to mid hizzy. car is a stock SS. it wasnt even tuned yet.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:25 PM   #23
tomster

Quote:
three things everyone thinks they can do. drive, take pictures and have sex.
i thought i could drive before my first event too. its very humbling to see how good guys with seat time are. once you have been to several of these and once again, you think you can drive . . . pull your ABS fuses and turn ALL nannies off for a new chapter in you cant drive a lick. lol.
Love the editing of the video I have watched that one once before. You made easy work of all the other cars out their!!

This is my favorite video of mid ohio. I like this video cause you can see the cars squirming around in the corners. we were really pushing them to the limit there are a few times you can tell im sliding all four tires in the corner and you can see TLSTWIN Overdrive a few corners in front of me i'm sure his tires were getting over heated because i know mine were. I'm Very impressed how well his camaro ss stuck with my ZL1 (He has the driver MOD lol). First half of the video I'm behind TLSTWIN second half I am just in front of him. Paul in the orange camaro was on slicks. He will be coming to the Sept event with us in his new Z06. Mark in the silver CTS V may also be there

Tomster03 & TLSTWIN @ Midohio

Last edited by tomster; 04-29-2014 at 07:55 PM.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:33 PM   #24
JOHNSONROD

you guys are wheel men. love this video.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:12 AM   #25
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 10 Legacy 2.5GT, ...
Quote:
This is my favorite video of mid ohio. I like this video cause you can see the cars squirming around in the corners. we were really pushing them to the limit there are a few times you can tell im sliding all four tires in the corner and you can see TLSTWIN Overdrive a few corners in front of me i'm sure his tires were getting over heated because i know mine were.
Was his the car you passed at around the 10:50 mark? It looked like that driver was uncharacteristically wide in a number of the immediately preceding turns - was the car just not turning in for him or was it possibly a momentary lapse in concentration or watching you in the mirror?

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote