Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 08-01-2009, 10:46 PM   #1
69Bird

Drives: 1969 Firebird, 2010 Camaro SS
bolt on costs?

I just want to get everyoneís opinion on a few things. Now yes the 2010 Camaro is new and bolt on modís will have a slightly higher price initially I do understand this. Letís examine a cat back system for an example. Seriously there are no tight bends or anything that needs an excessive amount of fabrication. So why are the prices so high for a very simple system? Maybe I am just a penny pinching SOB but I just canít justify the price for the amount of improvement. Admittedly I have never looked at moding a car this new either. So maybe I am way off base. I do know that when the GMPP prices are equivalent with after market something is skewed. Once again this is only my opinion and I am not picking on any particular company. To add one other small point as well the motor (LS3 is what I have ordered) has been out for two years on the Vetteís so it isnít like companies have not had time to test parts out on.

With all that said I am just as guilty as anyone who has bought after market products. Yeah your damn right I want to go faster, I bought headers donít even have the car LOL. So does it simply come down to demand is higher than supply?
Old 08-02-2009, 10:55 PM   #2
VALOR

Drives: L99 cyber grey
supply and demand. Prices on aftermarket parts will continue until market is flooded with camaro and then they'll level off a bit. I wouldn't expect to find great deals, however, for some time.
VALOR is offline   Reply With Quote