Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:21 AM   #1
sigma_1966
My baby is here

Drives: SIM 2LT
Zaino Questions

I have looked on the Zaino page there are many products. I have some questions

1) Which items do i need to wash and wax my car.
2) Can i buy Zaino anywhere other than online ?
Old 08-02-2009, 12:56 PM   #2
3GPa

Drives: SOLD/2SS/RS Painted Rally Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigma_1966 View Post
I have looked on the Zaino page there are many products. I have some questions

1) Which items do i need to wash and wax my car.
2) Can i buy Zaino anywhere other than online ?
1. Any Car Cleaner... Z2 Show Car Polish For Clear Coated Finish.
2. Only online as far as I know.

I used only Zaino products on my 2003 Z06 Corvette for the 5 + years I had it. It always looked "stunning" I also reccomend the Z6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer. It prevents static electricity from attracting dust and really makes it shine! I used it right after waxing and it the car was in-between washings and only slightly dusty.
Hope this helps alittle.
Gus
3GPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 01:09 PM   #3
HzMajesty

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Blk/Blk
Send a message via MSN to HzMajesty
1- this will help: http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...Code=YOUCHOOSE

Whatever you choose, make sure Z2 Pro is with it!

2- www.zainostore.com only...

Best decision you'll ever make!!
HzMajesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 01:13 PM   #4
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
get the whole starter kit if you can
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 01:18 PM   #5
3GPa

Drives: SOLD/2SS/RS Painted Rally Stripes
P.S. FOLLW THE INSTRUCTIONS. Temp. and time!
3GPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 01:22 PM   #6
tsg1391

Drives: 79 formula 'bird, 5th gen soon
when i look on that site i dont see wax, am i just missing it or what

Its legit, you just need to fill out a bunch of boring surveys.
tsg1391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 01:23 PM   #7
ljustin293

Z-2 or Z-5 is the main polish
Old 08-02-2009, 01:26 PM   #8
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Buy it online so that you don't get a bottle on ebay that says Zanio and has some Walmart wax in it. It avoids rip offs.

Get the kit.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 01:40 PM   #9
Leahs SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
We love Zaino, have used it for years. I just gave my Camaro her first treatment. I agree with getting it directly from their website, may seem expensive but a little does go a long way!

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer
Leahs SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 01:47 PM   #10
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
I would buy.

1. Clay bar (can use zaino or maguires)
2. Z2
3. ZFX

That's it...that's 'all' you really need.

I just ordered a bunch of stuff to stock up...I ordered a couple of bottles of Z2, one ZFX kit, a bunch of applicators, a bottle of ZPC (for my wifes car..it has some stuff that needs buffing), and some of their towels...which are awesome).

But...for your first order...just get the three items listed...and make sure you like the stuff.
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 03:13 PM   #11
llevan22

Drives: SIM 2LT/RS
If I bought:

Clay Bar
Z-7
Z-2
Z-FX

Would I be pretty set? I have never waxed a car like this before...but I definitely want to do it when it comes in. From reading on the site and around here, I'm assuming it goes Clay Bar > Z-7 > Z-2/Z-FX ? How many coats of Z-2?
llevan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 03:17 PM   #12
dagolfguy

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Regarding Z6, for those who know the products:
All you who have cars know that the radio display is a magnet for dust. Would the Z6 product help or is their a different product for the interior that is a better solution?
dagolfguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 03:25 PM   #13
Z06Shame

Drives: 2002 Z06
Zaino is a synthetic polish, not a wax. I use Z-5 and Z-2 mixed. It does hide swirl marks very well on my 2002 Z06.
When I get my SS, I will wash it with Dawn liquid detergent, clay it, then apply Zaino.
Use the Zaino wash, it contains some polish in it.
IMO, an amazing product.
Z06Shame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 04:18 PM   #14
marticus24

Drives: 2012 ZL1
I bought the starter kit for my first time.

LOVE IT. My black cars look like mirrors when done, literally.

I typically do, clay -> 1 coat z5 -> 2 coats z2 with z6 in between. The max number of coats per day, WITH zfx is 3, so that's where I usually stop. I use the wash as well though and every time I was it looks like it was just waxed.

However, I'm not a huge fan of the tire gloss, it's not very glossy, more of a conditioner.
marticus24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 09:36 PM   #15
llevan22

Can someone give me a link to this Zaino starter kit? I am on their website but I can't seem to find it. Thanks!
Old 08-02-2009, 09:42 PM   #16
69 Hugger

Drives: 69 Convertible Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by llevan22 View Post
Can someone give me a link to this Zaino starter kit? I am on their website but I can't seem to find it. Thanks!
If you got to the bottom of the page you will see " jump to product" Click on that next time you can find it all,good luck it's great stuff

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...ct_Code=ZKIT-1

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...ct_Code=ZKIT-2
69 Hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 09:44 PM   #17
llevan22

There are only two kits..the "Total Protection Show Car Kit" and the "Ultimate Protection Show Car Kit." Am I just blind?
Old 08-02-2009, 09:44 PM   #18
sigma_1966
My baby is here

Drives: SIM 2LT
how do u apply the clay bar... is it a a solid bar ? Sorry never done this stuff before
Old 08-02-2009, 09:57 PM   #19
69 Hugger

Drives: 69 Convertible Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigma_1966 View Post
how do u apply the clay bar... is it a a solid bar ? Sorry never done this stuff before
If you check in the search tab theres a few "Zaino threads" that cover it all. Or just go to the site a they have the instructions/tips the whole nine. Heres the clay bar instructins from the site. Moose has a section on here as well. good luck just keep it lubricated and do small sections and keep the clay clean.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS

Before using a Z-18 ClayBar™ on your car, you must thoroughly clean and dry your car to remove any loose dirt. Direct sunlight should not fall on your car's surface, and it's best if the work area is relatively cool to prevent rapid evaporation of the clay lubricant. Do not risk scratching your car; if you drop your clay bar, throw it away!

To use Z-18 ClayBar™, you spray a water-based lubricant on a small area of your car and rub the bar back and forth with light to medium pressure. If the lubricant begins to dry, you'll need to spray more. Z-18 is fairly sticky, and cannot be used dry. If you try using it dry, you'll make a big mess. We suggest mixing one cap full of Z-7 Show Car Wash with water in a 16 ounce spray bottle. Z-6 also works as a lubricant for Z-18 ClayBar, but Z-7 Show Car Wash is much more cost effective.

After a few passes with the Z-18 ClayBar™, rub your hand over the area to feel if the surface contamination was removed. Keep rubbing until all contamination bumps are gone. Finally, wipe the clay residue off with a soft terrycloth towel, and buff to a nice luster. Just like polishing with Zaino Show Car Polish, work in small areas.

Check your Z-18 ClayBar frequently for hard particles. When found, pick them off. Make it a habit to occasionally knead and reform the bar so that a fresh portion of the bar contacts your car's paint. If you drop your bar of clay on the ground, it's history. Toss it out. Don't take any chances, discard the clay bar if it becomes impregnated with grit.

Do not overuse. A single bar will do 3-4 medium size cars with moderate contamination. If you are removing heavy overspray or rail dust, use the bar once and throw it away.

When you're finished claying your car, you should wash it with Z-7 Show Car Wash to remove the lubricant film. Finally, seal your freshly cleaned paint with your choice of Z-2 Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes, Z-3 Show Car Polish for Non-clear Coated Paint, or Z-5 Show Car Polish for Swirl Marks and Fine Scratches. http://www.zainostore.com/
69 Hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:23 PM   #20
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
How come the Z6 keeps cars static and dust free for everyone but me? After one or two days my car is filfthy even when I keep it in the garage overnight. I wash it religously every week and cap it with the Z6 and dust seems to go out of its way to cling to my car...my girlfreinds car is absoultely spotless, my Zaino'd car looks like a dirt playground. WHY???

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:09 PM   #21
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
How come the Z6 keeps cars static and dust free for everyone but me? After one or two days my car is filfthy even when I keep it in the garage overnight. I wash it religously every week and cap it with the Z6 and dust seems to go out of its way to cling to my car...my girlfreinds car is absoultely spotless, my Zaino'd car looks like a dirt playground. WHY???
Nothing, not even Z6 (and I'm a Zaino-holic ) keeps any car competely dust free.

That being said, it does help alot.

"after one or two days" - I'm assuming you must be driving your car? If so, thats the culprit. There's just too much "crap" on the roadways anymore that its all but impossible to keep any car spotless after being driven for a day or two. Z6 will help repell dirt and dust, and make clean up much easier...but it won't act as a barrier.

Also, are you sure you're removing the polish entirely?

I've used Z6 after washing my SS, and I've tested using it versus not using it; after looking at the car after its sat in the garage for a number of days, the Z6 treated paint surfaces are always cleaner and more dust free.

I'm guessing your experience is from driving on roadways covered in dirt, etc.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:19 PM   #22
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsg1391 View Post
when i look on that site i dont see wax, am i just missing it or what
For some reason Zaino calls there products "Polish"...Polish usually has
some correcting abilities, so really the only true polish they have is Z-AIO
and the "Fusion"..Z-2,and Z-5 are both synthetic sealants and the Z-5
has some filling propertys(like a glaze) in it to help cover swirls. But all
is really great products....JUST REMEMBER...GO REAL LITE WITH THIS STUFF!
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:13 PM   #23
fmdog44

Drives: 1965 impala
Zaino - Schaino!! Someome show me one test ever done by a certified labratory declaring one product better than another. You should never have to clay bar a new car unless you live in an petrochemcial refinery. If you ever do clay bar go to a body shop and try to buy their stuff-10 times better. Bottom line, keep it clean, keep waxed and you won't have to pay stupid prices for fancy names that are no better than Turtle Wax.
fmdog44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:22 PM   #24
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmdog44 View Post
Zaino - Schaino!! Someome show me one test ever done by a certified labratory declaring one product better than another. You should never have to clay bar a new car unless you live in an petrochemcial refinery. If you ever do clay bar go to a body shop and try to buy their stuff-10 times better. Bottom line, keep it clean, keep waxed and you won't have to pay stupid prices for fancy names that are no better than Turtle Wax.
lol...I can see that you've never used Zaino or any other premium sealant/wax.

As far as claying a new car...unless you're picking up at the factory or live with a couple hundred miles, your car was likely shipped by rail...

http://www.sherwin-automotive.com/re...dust/index.cfm
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:25 PM   #25
ljustin293

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmdog44 View Post
personal opinion...

honestly I've never used anything that compares to Zaino..stuff is truely amazing and goes on easily..