Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2014, 11:23 PM   #43
el ess A
formerly "el ess X"
 
el ess A's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Aiken, SC
Posts: 4,323
Maybe a flu bug got loose and making the rounds at the engine plant....can't make enough engines fast enough...

Hey, just a thought!!! LOL

I hope whoever ordered one gets one! It's not my cup of tea, but it's the perfect car to complete the trifecta of track-performance Camaros (1LE/ ZL1/ Z/28)
__________________
2010/2013 Camaro

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:55 PM   #44
Rikki Tikki Tavi
 
Drives: Camaro ZL1, Chevy Tahoe
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 48
For all the talk about how brilliant it was for Chevy to eliminate the A/C as standard, 90% of the z/28s have been made with an A/C.
Rikki Tikki Tavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:14 AM   #45
Zfatuated

 
Zfatuated's Avatar
 
Drives: BAC Mono
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Reno
Posts: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki Tikki Tavi View Post
For all the talk about how brilliant it was for Chevy to eliminate the A/C as standard, 90% of the z/28s have been made with an A/C.
You didn't expect anything different did you? Doesn't diminish the credibility and respect they earned by offering the delete option. Not having an automatic transmission eliminated 50% of the total prospect pool. And even more by not having a convertible or sunroof option. Thankfully they didn't allow that level of pussification on the Z/28.
__________________
2014 Z/28, White
"I wasn't asked to make it cheap...I was asked to make it FAST!" Mark Stielow, the new Z/28.

Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 08:28 AM   #46
McRat

 
McRat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 ZR1 "Satan"
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Norco, CA
Posts: 1,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki Tikki Tavi View Post
For all the talk about how brilliant it was for Chevy to eliminate the A/C as standard, 90% of the z/28s have been made with an A/C.
If you've ever tried to get a No AC vehicle in the last 20 years, consider what GM is doing as a blessing.

Dealers don't want no AC's on their lots, and not all engines can even be configured no AC today. There is not a pulley path and idlers for it.

However sometimes there are Hidden PN's for AC delete to get the parts necessary to do AC delete right. Or make your own and pray you don't loose a belt racing.
__________________
2002 Z06 "Blue Meanie" 11.36 ET
2003 Z06 in progress
2009 CTS-V "Spooky" 12.36 ET, bone stock at 1600 mi. Rainy day in Sacramento. Sadness.
2010 ZR1 "Satan" no times yet.
2013 Volt SCCA Solo2 #771 HS3.
And a bunch of Duramaxes.
McRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:47 AM   #47
mikeg
 
Drives: 1974 Z28 & 2014 Z28
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: ontario
Posts: 103
any chance of getting color breakdown by USA / Canada..that spreadsheet was great!
thanks
mike
mikeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:54 AM   #48
backtotintops

 
backtotintops's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 Z/28 0#
Join Date: May 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post
Thankfully they didn't allow that level of pussification on the Z/28.
funny!
backtotintops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:13 AM   #49
radrace19
 
Drives: Pontiac G8 GXP
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg View Post
any chance of getting color breakdown by USA / Canada..that spreadsheet was great!
thanks
mike
OK I'll update the first post now lol I was going to hold off until the end for a little suspense
-Greg
__________________
1998 Pontiac Grand Prix - 11.24 @ 121

2009.5 G8 GT (Liquid Red)
GXP fascia conversion, GXP diffuser

2009 GXP M6 (MSM) #405 586rwhp/495tq
TVS2300, CTS-V Fuel System, Cam 222/230 116 lsa, Monster Lever 4 Clutch, American Racing 1 7/8 headers, rear Brembo's w/working Parking brake
11.91 @ 119
radrace19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 12:47 PM   #50
McRat

 
McRat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 ZR1 "Satan"
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Norco, CA
Posts: 1,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
If you've ever tried to get a No AC vehicle in the last 20 years, consider what GM is doing as a blessing.

Dealers don't want no AC's on their lots, and not all engines can even be configured no AC today. There is not a pulley path and idlers for it.

However sometimes there are Hidden PN's for AC delete to get the parts necessary to do AC delete right. Or make your own and pray you don't loose a belt racing.
Sidebar - The Z28 1LE's were normally ordered without AC for a very good reason. The No AC option tripped a switch on the build sheet to add even bigger brakes, alum driveshaft, etc. A competition pack. The no AC 1LE was more expensive than the AC 1LE for that reason. Probably unique in automotive history.
__________________
2002 Z06 "Blue Meanie" 11.36 ET
2003 Z06 in progress
2009 CTS-V "Spooky" 12.36 ET, bone stock at 1600 mi. Rainy day in Sacramento. Sadness.
2010 ZR1 "Satan" no times yet.
2013 Volt SCCA Solo2 #771 HS3.
And a bunch of Duramaxes.
McRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 02:17 PM   #51
Rikki Tikki Tavi
 
Drives: Camaro ZL1, Chevy Tahoe
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post
You didn't expect anything different did you? Doesn't diminish the credibility and respect they earned by offering the delete option. Not having an automatic transmission eliminated 50% of the total prospect pool. And even more by not having a convertible or sunroof option. Thankfully they didn't allow that level of pussification on the Z/28.
Your missing my point. The argument from some that frequent this site has been "if you want an A/C etc, buy a zl1. The z/28 is for you. " I constantly read that the z/28 buyer is a hard-core racer that doesn't want the A/C. Well that obviously isn't true.
Rikki Tikki Tavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 02:26 PM   #52
McRat

 
McRat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 ZR1 "Satan"
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Norco, CA
Posts: 1,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki Tikki Tavi View Post
Your missing my point. The argument from some that frequent this site has been "if you want an A/C etc, buy a zl1. The z/28 is for you. " I constantly read that the z/28 buyer is a hard-core racer that doesn't want the A/C. Well that obviously isn't true.
Most cars were pre-ordered by the dealer in Black with AC.

No, "hardcore" racers don't buy their cars. They get picked. The Z/28 buyer is often a hobby racer. They do it for fun. If they want to be comfy, no harm in that.

I remember what an SCCA instructor said when he was riding shotgun in the CTS-V: "Man, and it has COLD AC!!! That's great!" He was lovin' it.

I ordered no AC for purely historical reasons. That's how the first ones were, and that's how the track pack 1LE's were.
__________________
2002 Z06 "Blue Meanie" 11.36 ET
2003 Z06 in progress
2009 CTS-V "Spooky" 12.36 ET, bone stock at 1600 mi. Rainy day in Sacramento. Sadness.
2010 ZR1 "Satan" no times yet.
2013 Volt SCCA Solo2 #771 HS3.
And a bunch of Duramaxes.
McRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 02:58 PM   #53
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO, 15 Impala, 07 Colorado
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 20,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
Most cars were pre-ordered by the dealer in Black with AC.

No, "hardcore" racers don't buy their cars. They get picked. The Z/28 buyer is often a hobby racer. They do it for fun. If they want to be comfy, no harm in that.

I remember what an SCCA instructor said when he was riding shotgun in the CTS-V: "Man, and it has COLD AC!!! That's great!" He was lovin' it.

I ordered no AC for purely historical reasons. That's how the first ones were, and that's how the track pack 1LE's were.
Reminds me of Top Gear and when the Stig takes a fancy Jaguar or Mercedes, etc out on their course and has classical music on in the car..
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 03:51 PM   #54
Mikebrinda

 
Mikebrinda's Avatar
 
Drives: Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Azzurro Arge
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Irvine
Posts: 810
Given number of 2014 Z/28's built to date, does the current build pace forecast out to 500, 2014 units?
Mikebrinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 04:03 PM   #55
Zfatuated

 
Zfatuated's Avatar
 
Drives: BAC Mono
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Reno
Posts: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki Tikki Tavi View Post
Your missing my point. The argument from some that frequent this site has been "if you want an A/C etc, buy a zl1. The z/28 is for you. " I constantly read that the z/28 buyer is a hard-core racer that doesn't want the A/C. Well that obviously isn't true.
The reality is that modern race cars have A/C. Race cars. A/C. Do some research on DP cars for example.

Heat stress is serious business and those of us in hot climates really don't have the option. If I owned the car in a temperate region, I'd choose the A/C delete for sure. But I do track regularly and some days here it's 100f or over. Those temps are physically risky and affect mental processes as well. I am an old guy and need all the mental support I can find

"I constantly read that the z/28 buyer is a hard-core racer that doesn't want the A/C" Hmmm, Funny, I don't have the same impression from reading this forum? In fact, I've never read that? And certainly not from any of the bonafide hardcore guys posting here for the past year?
__________________
2014 Z/28, White
"I wasn't asked to make it cheap...I was asked to make it FAST!" Mark Stielow, the new Z/28.

Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:16 AM   #56
radrace19
 
Drives: Pontiac G8 GXP
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 246
Friday

We are up to 205 cars as of Wednesday's shift
__________________
1998 Pontiac Grand Prix - 11.24 @ 121

2009.5 G8 GT (Liquid Red)
GXP fascia conversion, GXP diffuser

2009 GXP M6 (MSM) #405 586rwhp/495tq
TVS2300, CTS-V Fuel System, Cam 222/230 116 lsa, Monster Lever 4 Clutch, American Racing 1 7/8 headers, rear Brembo's w/working Parking brake
11.91 @ 119
radrace19 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.