Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 04-27-2014, 11:39 AM   #1
bowtiesonly

Drives: 2012 Camaro Ls
Water methanol injection on N A motor?

Was wondering if anyone is running water meth injection on naturally aspirated just to keep intake temps lower during hot weather? Surely it has to provide some benefit especially to the high compression lfx engines etc.. Hope someone may have info on this thanks.
Old 04-27-2014, 02:56 PM   #2
Lethal Racing

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
We have done it on a few vehicles. Mainly higher compression. It will make additional power, but it needs to be dialed in and setup properly or you will have a car that won't run worth anything. I have had to fix a few NA setup due to improper tuning. When running properly it is a very nice benefit.
Lethal@LethalRacing.com
Lethal Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 04:54 PM   #3
alaskacamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethal Racing View Post
We have done it on a few vehicles. Mainly higher compression. It will make additional power, but it needs to be dialed in and setup properly or you will have a car that won't run worth anything. I have had to fix a few NA setup due to improper tuning. When running properly it is a very nice benefit.
That's interesting. I need to review my kit and speak to my tuner. Had meth installed at his recommendation for added safety but there was no power gains. Then again, I wanted a pretty conservative tune.
alaskacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote