Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Flowmaster Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro5 Fest Discussions

Camaro5 Fest Discussions All talk related to the Camaro5 Fest events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2014, 02:59 PM   #1
Drottie
 
Drottie's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible in VR
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Edwardsville, IL
Posts: 200
Problems With Comfort Inn Suites

Hello All- Just wanted to let anyone that is still looking for rooms please choose ANYWHERE else but Comfort Inn Suites! One of our club members booked three rooms back when the hotels were listed. Two of our members at the end of march found out they couldn't make it. The rooms were cancelled April 1st. Upon arrival our member was advised by the staff that he would be charged for all three rooms, OVER $1,000 ! There is even paperwork that said you may cancel up to 6PM tonight. The staff, including the manager, "Manisha Gahndi" was rude. I even tried speaking with Mrs. Gahndi but she finally said she would just cancel all three reservations and not even stay there. I asked for a printout that all three rooms were cancelled, she refused. I asked if there was a corporate telephone number to speak with someone, she said there was not. She then directed us to leave the property. No issue we booked rooms at the Hampton Inn next door. Sorry for the rant, but this event is bringing in big money, and if you can spend yours elsewhere please do.
Thank you all, Now let's have fun at the 'Fest!
Darren Onwiler
President, Southern Illinois Camaro Club
__________________
SICC, Southern Illinois Camaro Club On Facebook
2011 SS/RS LS3/M6 convertible
Victory Red, Black top w/Nightshades 1LE graphics
Whipple 2.9L with 3.875" pulley
CBI ESAD cam with Tooley springs
ADM fuel with ID850 injectors DSX Tune
20" TSW Nurbering 275/315 Nitto NT05
Heritage grill with billet SS emblems
C.A.I. cold air intake
SLP LT headers, 3" exhaust, no cats, x-pipe
ZL1 dual mode mufflers
JDP RGB Halos controlled by NightOwl
AAC VR ghosted side markers


2010 SS/RS LS3 - SOLD-
#15,852 build date 06/05/2009
CGM w/flat black stripes
Drottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:25 PM   #2
SimpleGreen

 
Drives: 2013 1SS/1LE IOM
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Southeast Louisiana
Posts: 1,222
We just checked in at Comfort Suites. Went smoothly. Sorry to hear you guys had a bad experience :( hope the rest of the Fest is fun!
__________________
'13 1SS/1LE-Inferno Orange-Borla SType-Katzins-RotoFab-Elite Engineering-Michelin AS3-IOM Interior Pack
SimpleGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:27 PM   #3
Tyler360
 
Tyler360's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wittenberg, Wisconsin
Posts: 700
Wow, thats shady...
__________________
Tyler360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:31 PM   #4
CooG
Never ******
 
CooG's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 Camaro SS/RS Convertible - RED
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 950
Thanks for the heads up. I had a room at Comfort Suites that I cancelled on 4-4-14. Now I gotta make sure it actually was!
CooG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:48 PM   #5
6bangerBOOM

 
6bangerBOOM's Avatar
 
Drives: it like he stole it
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: TX/GA
Posts: 1,053
Gotta be better than quality inn. Worst $90 room I've ever stayed in. "Quality" is right there in the name. How could it go this wrong?!
6bangerBOOM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:14 PM   #6
ErichSS
 
ErichSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Sugar Land, TX
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6bangerBOOM View Post
Gotta be better than quality inn. Worst $90 room I've ever stayed in. "Quality" is right there in the name. How could it go this wrong?!
Kind of ironic since Quality Inn and Comfort Inn are both part of the same hotel group, Choice Hotels. lol
ErichSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:46 PM   #7
jkchambless
Austin LT
 
jkchambless's Avatar
 
Drives: 1LT - Airaid,JBA Axleback,VMax PTB
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 518
Be thankful....I'm at Motel 6.....checked in and phone wasn't working, Internet wasn't working, window was broken, and all ice makers in a 5 mile radius have out of order signs.....Got everything but the ice makers fixed. Oh well, it ain't fancy but the sheets are clean.
jkchambless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:35 PM   #8
KICKER

 
KICKER's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS WHITE
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: PENSACOLA FLORIDA
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drottie View Post
Hello All- Just wanted to let anyone that is still looking for rooms please choose ANYWHERE else but Comfort Inn Suites! One of our club members booked three rooms back when the hotels were listed. Two of our members at the end of march found out they couldn't make it. The rooms were cancelled April 1st. Upon arrival our member was advised by the staff that he would be charged for all three rooms, OVER $1,000 ! There is even paperwork that said you may cancel up to 6PM tonight. The staff, including the manager, "Manisha Gahndi" was rude. I even tried speaking with Mrs. Gahndi but she finally said she would just cancel all three reservations and not even stay there. I asked for a printout that all three rooms were cancelled, she refused. I asked if there was a corporate telephone number to speak with someone, she said there was not. She then directed us to leave the property. No issue we booked rooms at the Hampton Inn next door. Sorry for the rant, but this event is bringing in big money, and if you can spend yours elsewhere please do.
Thank you all, Now let's have fun at the 'Fest!
Darren Onwiler
President, Southern Illinois Camaro Club

I hear you brother. I called last week to cancel at CS. My email confirmation said I had until 6pm day of arrival to call it off. Woman on the phone said I COULDN'T cancel, said my credit card had already been charged! That was because I checked the balance on line. I asked for the corporate number and to talk to a supervisor. That was a joke in itself. They were jerking my chain, so I to them and told her I had a death in the family. Out of the kindness of her heart she let me cancel! Weeeeeee!
Good thing we weren't in the same room!
__________________
KICKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:43 PM   #9
chef-beavis

 
chef-beavis's Avatar
 
Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, family truckster
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Janesville, WI
Posts: 902
The host hotel in Indy was great. Just sayin'.

Have a great Fest!
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:52 PM   #10
acatlover13
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
acatlover13's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro IOM/IO
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lynn Haven, Florida
Posts: 2,738
Send a message via AIM to acatlover13 Send a message via Skype™ to acatlover13
Hmmm...we are also staying at the Comfort Suites. No issues at check in and as a matter of fact, one of our members had the room booked for $121 a night, and they adjusted her room to match the group rate of $99 a night, so they're not all bad. sorry you had a bad experience!
__________________
ECC on Facebook
2010 Camaro SS/RS IOM, IO interior, Custom Striping, Razzi body kit
ADM CAI w/scoop/Dynatech Headers & Hi-Flow Cats/Solo Performance Exhaust, FTI 3600 Stall/Comp Cams custom grind cam/LS3 conversion/FAST 102 Intake
acatlover13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:21 AM   #11
KICKER

 
KICKER's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS WHITE
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: PENSACOLA FLORIDA
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by acatlover13 View Post
Hmmm...we are also staying at the Comfort Suites. No issues at check in and as a matter of fact, one of our members had the room booked for $121 a night, and they adjusted her room to match the group rate of $99 a night, so they're not all bad. sorry you had a bad experience!
I hope you have a great Cfest acatlover13! Sounds like COMFORT SUITES only gets mean when they AREN'T gonna get your money.
__________________
KICKER is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
camaro5 fest, comfort inn suites, hotel, reservations

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.