Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2014, 09:16 PM   #1
mvrekic
Friction is a drag.
 
mvrekic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/1LE
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 136
Send a message via Skype™ to mvrekic
Stunt driving charge (without actually stunt driving)

So taking off from the red light, I slightly over-rev (new shoes) and my wheels spun for about a second. Cop behind me turns on the rotating lights and hits me up with a stunt driving charge (6 points, $2400 fine, 7 day license suspension, 7 day vehicle impound, potential for further 6 months licence suspension based on court decision).

Fun times!

I will definitely be contesting this one in court.
__________________
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive..
mvrekic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:20 PM   #2
Ryanbabz71


 
Ryanbabz71's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Avon, Indiana
Posts: 2,708
Wow crazy. I picture stunt driving like knight rider on 2 wheels


Ryan
__________________
Ryan
* 2012 2SS Camaro Convertible Ashen Gray
Car Photos http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257256
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:28 PM   #3
Green Machine
Always Workin
 
Green Machine's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Boardman, OH
Posts: 968
If your story holds true, that is way overkill for a small chirp.
__________________
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:29 PM   #4
Dznyfn
 
Dznyfn's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 1SS Vert, 05 Tahoe Z71, 67 RS/SS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 351
Were you on a hill? Hill assist is a very valid excuse/reason for this to happen. It has worked here in VA.
__________________
Dznyfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:32 PM   #5
mvrekic
Friction is a drag.
 
mvrekic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/1LE
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 136
Send a message via Skype™ to mvrekic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Machine View Post
If your story holds true, that is way overkill for a small chirp.
This happened on Tuesday. Lawyer told me today that there is no chance charges will stick as stunting and in the worst case I will get careless driving charge (also BS).

I think the cop had a bad day, saw me and stereotyped the car. There is no chance this would have happened IMHO if I was in any other car.
__________________
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive..
mvrekic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:33 PM   #6
mvrekic
Friction is a drag.
 
mvrekic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/1LE
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 136
Send a message via Skype™ to mvrekic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznyfn View Post
Were you on a hill? Hill assist is a very valid excuse/reason for this to happen. It has worked here in VA.
It was a slight incline, yes.
__________________
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive..
mvrekic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:35 PM   #7
nmartin1216
 
Drives: 14 SW Camaro 1LE NPP Recaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 134
that is BEYOND ridiculous......what a total load of BS for something so small...
nmartin1216 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:42 PM   #8
JTruck

 
JTruck's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,154
You did that with an officer directly behind you?.. That's just asking for it. Then again, it is Canada.
__________________
Detailing is an involuntary obsession.
JTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:44 PM   #9
mvrekic
Friction is a drag.
 
mvrekic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/1LE
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 136
Send a message via Skype™ to mvrekic
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTruck View Post
You did that with an officer directly behind you?.. That's just asking for it.
It was unintentional.
__________________
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive..
mvrekic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:01 PM   #10
SuperSport2011
 
SuperSport2011's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs rally yellow L99
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 659
Wow the exact same scenerio happened to me 2 years ago, I got pulled over and the cop said he was charging me with stunt driving. I was in shocked as he walked away, while he was calling for a tow truck I called him over in desperation and begged him to cut me some slack. We went back and forth for a while on the matter and he changed his mind and gave me a " unnecessary noise ticket" I believe it was just a 120 dollar ticket no points and I was happy lol ... I also fought that ticket and won so I came off clean. It is unbelievable how far they can take it for something so small.

I also made a thread about the incident but mine had a lot of anger in it and got taken down fast lol

Also I'm sorry for the misfortune, I can only imagine how you feel, I only got a taste of it but me heart dropped in those few minutes.
__________________


''Second place is a fancy word for a loser''

Last edited by SuperSport2011; 05-03-2014 at 10:14 PM.
SuperSport2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:15 PM   #11
mvrekic
Friction is a drag.
 
mvrekic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/1LE
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 136
Send a message via Skype™ to mvrekic
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSport2011 View Post
Wow the exact same scenerio happened to me 2 years ago, I got pulled over and the cop said he was charging me with stunt driving. I was in shocked as he walked away, while he was calling for a tow truck I called him over in desperation and begged him to cut me some slack. We went back and forth for a while on the matter and he changed his mind and gave me a " unnecessary noise ticket" I believe it was just a 120 dollar ticket no points and I was happy lol ... I also fought that ticket and won so I came off clean. It is unbelievable how far they can take it for something so small.

I also made a thread about the incident but mine had a lot of anger in it and got taken down fast lol
Immediate license suspension and impound = It's insane how the stunting law allows the cop to be the judge, jury and executioner.
__________________
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive..
mvrekic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:19 PM   #12
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701
 
KaBoom1701's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2LT RS Camaro
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: I.E. SoCal
Posts: 2,545
No offence but why don't you guys looks around for cops before you do these spirited starts...

Not smart!

I had this happen to me last night but I slowed down, pulled next to the cop slowly at the red light, light turns green and I slowly take off until he turns down another street, ten secs later I punch it again.

Cops don't like to be shown up be Camaro's

It's not like he's was hiding from you. Look around a get a clue!
__________________
Performance Upgrades: CAI Intake, VMAX Ported Throttle Body, RX Catch Can, GM Dual mode NPP Exhaust System, 1LE Strut Brace, SS Brembo Brakes w/ Hawk HPS Pads & Goodridge brake lines, DOT4 Motul, 1LE Suspension Upgrade, 1" Eibach lowering springs.
Exterior Upgrades: Ceramic Tint 30%, Axis Allies rims 20x9(front) 20x10(rear), Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperCar G:2 Tries 285 (front) x 305 (rear), ACS T-5 Front Splitter, Oracle Lighted Rear Bowtie, rk sport spoiler.
Audio Upgrades: Image Dynamics 10" Subwoofer w/custom leather box, ID 5 Channel Amp, Audio Control LC 6, Morel 6.5" Coax Speakers
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:30 PM   #13
SuperSport2011
 
SuperSport2011's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs rally yellow L99
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
No offence but why don't you guys looks around for cops before you do these spirited starts...

Not smart!

I had this happen to me last night but I slowed down, pulled next to the cop slowly at the red light, light turns green and I slowly take off until he turns down another street, ten secs later I punch it again.

Cops don't like to be shown up be Camaro's

It's not like he's was hiding from you. Look around a get a clue!
Do you know how to read and interperet? It was unintentional. In my secenario my tires chirped. Sometime you start off from a red light and your tires skip and chirp a bit, happens in my 99 malibu.

Im not saying that it happens frequently but very rarely it happens.

You should read and absorb so you can have a "clue"
__________________


''Second place is a fancy word for a loser''

Last edited by SuperSport2011; 05-03-2014 at 10:47 PM.
SuperSport2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:41 PM   #14
Green Machine
Always Workin
 
Green Machine's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Boardman, OH
Posts: 968
Time for everyone to setup a dash camera in their cars. Its proof that you did not do any "stunt driving" or "reckless driving". I have a dash cam, not great quality... I haven't installed it in the car yet. I used to use it in my semi at the previous company I worked for just to save my butt incase something happened.
__________________
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:49 PM   #15
BATMOB1LE
• HT •
 
BATMOB1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 752
That blows! I hope you can fight it hard. It's such bull. Cops in pissy moods are something else...
__________________
2013 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE - 402 of 451
"BATMOB1LE"
- Xpel Stealth Wrap - ZL1 Rockers - 18% Tint - Custom Badges - Heritage Grille - BMR 1.4" Springs - Solo Performance Axel-Back Exhaust
BATMOB1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:49 PM   #16
Mark T
 
Drives: 2014 Summit White Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Utah
Posts: 306
Every cop eyeballs me and/or drops in behind me, like I am unable to not notice them and like I am unable to control the urge to just go around driving tazmanian style all the time.

I am not 16 anymore, and reserve hard play for in the right places at the right time.

Even had a neighbor tell me I should slow down in the neighborhood.

Our neighborhood is 25mph and thats as fast as I drive in it.



But look fast and loud I guess means go fast I guess to some people. lol. Go figure.
Mark T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:58 PM   #17
Green Machine
Always Workin
 
Green Machine's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Boardman, OH
Posts: 968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T View Post
Our neighborhood is 25mph and thats as fast as I drive in it.

But look fast and loud I guess means go fast I guess to some people. lol. Go figure.
I've had that in my truck before lol. Although it doesn't look fast its loud and sounds faster then it really is? Before I moved had a neighbor always yell at me to slow down, just to piss with them I always would speed up. This is also the same neighbor that has people in and out all hours of the night and also block the ally (to the parking spot behind me old house), so I would piss them off by going around the car and they would yell at me for that and I waved at them with one finger.

I hate stupid people... always have and always will lol.

*edit*
I'm sure my current neighbors just love me as well though... Take my Camaro out and I may or may not spiritly leave my driveway down the road lol.
__________________

Last edited by Green Machine; 05-03-2014 at 11:10 PM.
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:58 PM   #18
alexbarabas
 
alexbarabas's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T View Post
Every cop eyeballs me and/or drops in behind me, like I am unable to not notice them and like I am unable to control the urge to just go around driving tazmanian style all the time.

I am not 16 anymore, and reserve hard play for in the right places at the right time.

Even had a neighbor tell me I should slow down in the neighborhood.

Our neighborhood is 25mph and thats as fast as I drive in it.



But look fast and loud I guess means go fast I guess to some people. lol. Go figure.
I had some old woman follow me home and yell at me for going "vroom" one day when I had my 96 Z28 w/ a borla catback. I had some choice words for them as I never speed and I obey traffic laws 100%.
alexbarabas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:01 PM   #19
mvrekic
Friction is a drag.
 
mvrekic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/1LE
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 136
Send a message via Skype™ to mvrekic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Machine View Post
Time for everyone to setup a dash camera in their cars. Its proof that you did not do any "stunt driving" or "reckless driving". I have a dash cam, not great quality... I haven't installed it in the car yet. I used to use it in my semi at the previous company I worked for just to save my butt incase something happened.
+1

I ordered one last night. If I had it I would be in a much better position.
__________________
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive..
mvrekic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:28 PM   #20
MonsterV6
No Longer V6^ but V8 :D
 
MonsterV6's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tukwila, Washington
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvrekic View Post
So taking off from the red light, I slightly over-rev (new shoes) and my wheels spun for about a second. Cop behind me turns on the rotating lights and hits me up with a stunt driving charge (6 points, $2400 fine, 7 day license suspension, 7 day vehicle impound, potential for further 6 months licence suspension based on court decision).

Fun times!

I will definitely be contesting this one in court.

Damn that sucks! I got hit with a reckless driving for drifting corners, cop was cool tho, kept giving me compliments on my car.
MonsterV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:57 PM   #21
CruisingSpeed
Ride This Chevy, Ride...
 
CruisingSpeed's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 Black Cam LS , Suburban LTZ, CLK
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Houston take a right and drive southwest
Posts: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterV6 View Post
Damn that sucks! I got hit with a reckless driving for drifting corners, cop was cool tho, kept giving me compliments on my car.
I have gotten compliments too. Its amazing how cops can have such things to worry about such as a little too much accidental wheelspin. Why not find real dangerous people or criminals with felonies. Oh wait, it sounds like too much wheelspin IS a felony!
-I've been to a car show where everyone would do a burnout when they left. So imagine a 4 lane road with large shoulder and a 5' deep ditch around it, then cars parked on the property beyond ditch to watch. Cop was waiting there and constantly pulled people over. Nova hotrod burns out, tires smoking, screech when takeoff and everything, cop does nothing. So at the car show I met a guy with a Z06, mid 50s said he was a doctor. Z06 comes up, barely burns out lets off the throttle after burnout, very lame to say the least ; ), and zoom there goes the cop lights and siren blazing.

Last edited by CruisingSpeed; 05-04-2014 at 12:07 AM.
CruisingSpeed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:13 AM   #22
SuperSport2011
 
SuperSport2011's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs rally yellow L99
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingSpeed View Post
I have gotten compliments too. Its amazing how cops can have such things to worry about such as a little too much accidental wheelspin. Why not find real dangerous people or criminals with felonies. Oh wait, it sounds like too much wheelspin IS a felony!
-I've been to a car show where everyone would do a burnout when they left. So imagine a 4 lane road with large shoulder and a 5' deep ditch around it, then cars parked on the property beyond ditch to watch. Cop was waiting there and constantly pulled people over. Nova hotrod burns out, tires smoking, screech when takeoff and everything, cop does nothing. So at the car show I met a guy with a Z06, mid 50s said he was a doctor. Z06 comes up, barely burns out lets off the throttle after burnout, very lame to say the least ; ), and zoom there goes the cop lights and siren blazing.
Its because there's no money in solving crimes. cities/states need to keep making up different ways to collect from the tax payers so they can survive.
__________________


''Second place is a fancy word for a loser''
SuperSport2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:11 AM   #23
Dubscamaro
Living Life in MPH.
 
Dubscamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 Black 2LT RS, '14 Black ZL1
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 777
Whenever I'm around a cop at all, I am very cautious of what I do even when at a light and stop..you never know how much of an a-hole that cop is feeling today..
__________________

.Soon to be an MP Officer.
Dubscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:12 AM   #24
Maro99

 
Maro99's Avatar
 
Drives: Heel toe express..
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North Charleston, S.C
Posts: 1,503
Wow that is crazy.. Hopefully you can successfully fight it.
__________________
Camaro SOLD :(
Maro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:19 AM   #25
CruisingSpeed
Ride This Chevy, Ride...
 
CruisingSpeed's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 Black Cam LS , Suburban LTZ, CLK
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Houston take a right and drive southwest
Posts: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSport2011 View Post
Its because there's no money in solving crimes. cities/states need to keep making up different ways to collect from the tax payers so they can survive.
True, but c'mon really! I don't see cops going after that 1994 Taurus with a huge gash in the rear door and 3/4 hubcaps somehow still attached when the conditions for wheelspin are just perfectly, exactly, almost magically, right.

Better watch out toward the end of the month. Gotta meet that quota!!! If its the 4th of the month don't worry about putting on that blinker. The 28th, your f***ed if ya don't!!!
CruisingSpeed is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.