Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Nickey Chicago
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Old 05-05-2014, 11:37 AM   #51
HollyVenus
The girl with the 2 Danes

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS LS3
yikes....

I was on an incline and the Hill assist was not engagin (strange) but it didn't... had a cop directly behind me.. and I also get a little nervous on inclines in my LS3 trying to find that perfect balance from Clutch to gas... anyhow... light turned green and I spun the back tires a little and thought shit... here goes... he pulled up next to me later at the next light and gave me a sheepish smile... I'm guessing he realized that my spin out was not on purpose.... any how...

sheesh... that punishment is insane. Good luck getting this reduced if not thrown out.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:43 AM   #52
IBM 2SS

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Or the cop thought you were showing golf with a fast start and chirping tires. If this ever happens again I don't think you will get any leniency next time.
IBM 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:51 PM   #53
HollyVenus
The girl with the 2 Danes

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM 2SS View Post
Or the cop thought you were showing golf with a fast start and chirping tires. If this ever happens again I don't think you will get any leniency next time.

possibly... however I am in a small community outside of Pearland... I'don't plan to do that much... now that I've gotten the hang of my little girl.. this was still when I paper tags on it too.. who knows .. but I do know I won't be testing that theory out!
Old 05-05-2014, 01:07 PM   #54
BlackinBlack

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrja View Post
LEOs I have known did not have a quota in a way that most people think of them but they were "heavily encouraged" to keep tickets at a certain level. One even had to radio in so many license plate checks in the early AM hours when the bars close down. Another had a shift supervisor that setup bingo games. Just having a blue shirt on could mean a ticket for the smallest thing so they could get a mark on the board. Paid time off was the usual prize. What I really love is how they called everyone a civilian, like they were not.

And yes, there are so many out there that give the rest a bad name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFella View Post
Cops don't actually have quota's! This is a myth, at least the department I'm going to work for doesn't.

Anywho, sounds like the cop was just bored/wanted to be a dick. From my standpoint, those charges won't stand a chance.
All the Police officers I know will also confirm that there is no quotas..... BUT like most jobs there is this thing known as a "performance review".

It goes a little like this. Office Joe you worked traffic duty over the last <insert time period> . During that time statistically you should have witnessed <insert number> of traffic violations. Based on your personal performance goals you are expected to "enforce the law" on <insert percentage number> of witnessed violations. This formula equals a certain number of tickets written.

So the department does not have a quotas but a cop that does not write a certain amount of tickets could get a poor performance review. They get enough of those and disciplinary action occurs.

Subtle difference but it allows the department to say " No we do not have quotas."

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
BlackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 01:35 PM   #55
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTruck View Post
They also will lay down their own life for you, a civilian, over their own. A thin blue line, the shepherd protecting the sheep.

Too many people forget that and take it for granted.
Shepard protecting the sheep?
Bhobbs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:16 PM   #56
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Shepard protecting the sheep?
By the time they get around to protecting you,you have been..... (insert Assaulted,Stabbed,Robbed or Shot) and maybe all of the above
12.2 at 110
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:21 PM   #57
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
BTW the laws up here suck thanks to all the ricers and their uncontrolled fury.
12.2 at 110
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:55 PM   #58
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Well, you do look fast...
Old 05-05-2014, 11:30 PM   #59
NicksVSix

Drives: 2014 2LT Red Rock Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTruck View Post
They also will lay down their own life for you, a civilian, over their own. A thin blue line, the shepherd protecting the sheep.
Now comon, THAT'S not true!

Do cops have a tough job and are they often under appreciated?
Yes and yes.

But a cop will never (ok, rarely) lay down his/her life for a civilian. That's not their job.

Cops may put themselves in harm's way, but they'll never take a bullet for you.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:47 PM   #60
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksVSix View Post
Now comon, THAT'S not true!

Do cops have a tough job and are they often under appreciated?
Yes and yes.

But a cop will never (ok, rarely) lay down his/her life for a civilian. That's not their job.

Cops may put themselves in harm's way, but they'll never take a bullet for you.
This thread was about a ticket, can we please keep it about that...
Old 05-05-2014, 11:50 PM   #61
NicksVSix

Drives: 2014 2LT Red Rock Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMuscleCars View Post
This thread was about a ticket, can we please keep it about that...
I think we stopped talking about the ticket at least a page ago.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:53 AM   #62
Green Machine
Always Workin

Drives: 2014 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksVSix View Post
I think we stopped talking about the ticket at least a page ago.
x2
Old 05-06-2014, 01:27 AM   #63
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 14 Stingray Z51 NPP MRC, AudiQ53.0T
It was "only" a small chirp for a second? A second is quite a while for wheel spin. Wet or dry.

I have to say that I never had wheel slip unless I wanted the wheels to "slip". I even wore new sneakers several times while owning my Camaro.

Maybe your lawyer will get you off...maybe not.

However, you did a second long chirp/burnoff in front of a cop. I have no problems with a cop issuing a ticket. I man up on my tickets and don't try to place the blame on a cop doing his/her job.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:00 AM   #64
yellowz
TREMEC6060 1-2 needs fix

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
What about those T intersections where you're coming up from the bottom of the T and need to turn left, but the traffic both ways is spread out such that there just isn't a big gap in both direction at the same time? I know a few places like that and you can sit there for (seemingly) hours waiting for a nice big gap. Or you just gas it and get squirrelly because there's no other way to stop blocking all the folks backed up behind you. I've had that happen a few times and its a tough decision, let the guy behind you start honking, or just go for it. What if the guy behind you is a cop? Would he hesitate to come after you if you fishtailed on the left turn? I've had the traction control message pop up in that situation and a few times actually scared myself because TC doesn't kick in fast enough to prevent spinning the tires, it just helps stop the spinning.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:09 AM   #65
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 14 Stingray Z51 NPP MRC, AudiQ53.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowz View Post
What about those T intersections where you're coming up from the bottom of the T and need to turn left, but the traffic both ways is spread out such that there just isn't a big gap in both direction at the same time? I know a few places like that and you can sit there for (seemingly) hours waiting for a nice big gap. Or you just gas it and get squirrelly because there's no other way to stop blocking all the folks backed up behind you. I've had that happen a few times and its a tough decision, let the guy behind you start honking, or just go for it. What if the guy behind you is a cop? Would he hesitate to come after you if you fishtailed on the left turn? I've had the traction control message pop up in that situation and a few times actually scared myself because TC doesn't kick in fast enough to prevent spinning the tires, it just helps stop the spinning.
I drove in the rain in Seattle all the time. The only way I would ever get a second long "slip" was if I turned TC off.

If I ever did that in front of a cop, I'd deserve a ticket...
Old 05-06-2014, 11:45 PM   #66
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
I drove in the rain in Seattle all the time. The only way I would ever get a second long "slip" was if I turned TC off.

If I ever did that in front of a cop, I'd deserve a ticket...
when your rear wheels go over a wet white intersection strip in this car it spins EVERY TIME...... PERIOD. And he said a second, as a figure of speech not that he timed it at an actual second, described as a chirp and I dare you to try and drive mine without doing it. Yours sir must be broken.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:09 AM   #67
brainwave69

Drives: 2013 V6 1LT w/ rs
I swear they just pick on these cars. doesn't really matter how you drive they want to get you and could care less about a prius or a camry. It's the same thing as profiling people based on there appearance, just with cars...
brainwave69 is offline   Reply With Quote