Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Dynomax Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2014, 04:04 PM   #1
Amandaa
 
Amandaa's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 chevy camaro 2SS
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Miami
Posts: 7
Talking 2SS 2013 tips advice

In the process of buying this 2013 2SS used.
Never had insurance or purchased a car, starting fresh.
Any advice on the car? It has 17k miles and I'm paying 26 plus taxes titles etc.
my dream car! But wondering how the gas is going to work, v8 and shit.
What should I expect?


Lmk thanks!



Amandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:18 PM   #2
Eddiefuzz

 
Eddiefuzz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 RS
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Florence New Jersey
Posts: 992
The gas is on the right, the brake is in the middle. The gas works by pressing on the peddle, try to relieve yourself before driving, you could shit yourself. You could also shit yourself when you get the insurance rates. Good luck with your car.
Eddiefuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:19 PM   #3
Muscle Car Memories

 
Muscle Car Memories's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,842
Expect alot of tickets
Muscle Car Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:43 PM   #4
Amandaa
 
Amandaa's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 chevy camaro 2SS
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Miami
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiefuzz View Post
The gas is on the right, the brake is in the middle. The gas works by pressing on the peddle, try to relieve yourself before driving, you could shit yourself. You could also shit yourself when you get the insurance rates. Good luck with your car.

Gasoline smart one. MPG. Didn't think I had to spell it out for some of you
As far as insurance goes, well that's just that it will have to be. I figured it's will be bad


Amanda
Amandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:51 PM   #5
thechileman
 
Drives: 2013 Silver SS Convertible
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Posts: 13
Its a great car, gets crappy gas mileage. I think I average about 14 mpg, mostly in town driving.
thechileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:52 PM   #6
Amandaa
 
Amandaa's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 chevy camaro 2SS
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Miami
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by thechileman View Post
Its a great car, gets crappy gas mileage. I think I average about 14 mpg, mostly in town driving.

Thank you, I drive far so I'm thinking about that but I'm in love with the car so I will manage!
Lots of high way driving for me


Amanda
Amandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:04 PM   #7
benji276289

 
benji276289's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Rally Yellow ZL-1 M6
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Roanoke County, Va.
Posts: 1,039
Send a message via Skype™ to benji276289
Amanda...you should be able to get over 20 mpg on the highway maybe as much as 23 or 24 depending on how heavy your right foot is. But if you plan on having too much fun with the 420 horses, you may be lucky to get 20.
benji276289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:24 PM   #8
J-vette
 
Drives: '14 1le
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Houston
Posts: 487
Sounds like you have your mind made up. Get used to the car before you start to have too much fun w/ it. It can be dangerous for you & others. Enjoy it & take it easy the 1st couple 100 miles. Did you get the auto or stick?
J-vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:24 PM   #9
Palabraword
 
Drives: 13 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 72
I average around 19 on my 1le. Enjoy
Palabraword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:26 PM   #10
Amandaa
 
Amandaa's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 chevy camaro 2SS
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Miami
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-vette View Post
Sounds like you have your mind made up. Get used to the car before you start to have too much fun w/ it. It can be dangerous for you & others. Enjoy it & take it easy the 1st couple 100 miles. Did you get the auto or stick?

You have no idea. I've checked others out but not ss But I can't keep my eyes off the SS Thursday I'm checking it out in person. It's fully loaded too.
Automatic. I can't do manual.
I keep telling myself don't say yes the moment you see it lol
Patience!


Amanda
Amandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:33 PM   #11
J-vette
 
Drives: '14 1le
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Houston
Posts: 487
Yea dont go there like that hide your emotions. Point out all the flaws of the car you find & look hard for them. Don't let them know how much you like the car & haggle the crap out of them. Hope you get it @ a good deal.
Btw the camaro is also good therapy when you need it.
J-vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:34 PM   #12
Amandaa
 
Amandaa's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 chevy camaro 2SS
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Miami
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-vette View Post
Yea dont go there like that hide your emotions. Point out all the flaws of the car you find & look hard for them. Don't let them know how much you like the car & haggle the crap out of them. Hope you get it @ a good deal.
Btw the camaro is also good therapy when you need it.

Thank you for the help!
Greatly appreciated!
Hopefully I will be posting pictures up in time with MY new car


Amanda
Amandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:42 PM   #13
Bowtie-Bri

 
Bowtie-Bri's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS Convt.
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West MI (Home of the Tulips)
Posts: 792
Amanda, welcome to Camaro5! Like the others have said, take it easy for a 100 miles or so till you feel comfortable driving your new to you Camaro. Traction control is your friend! Resist the urge to slam the go pedal and stay in control of the right foot. Have fun and enjoy the ride!
__________________
2013 Nickey Stage II Camaro SS Convertible #10.Black w/ Red leather interior. No Weeds Elec. Diverters, CNC ported heads, custom grind cam, upgraded fuel injectors, ZL-1 fuel pump, V-Max ported TB, Red Magnuson Super Charger with rear cog drive, upgraded rear axles good for 1400Hp, 3:45 gears, Tremec 6 spd., Pedders adj. coil overs, Phadt ZL-spec swaybars, 800Hp at the crank, 670RWHP, 613ft.lbs. torq. @ 11lbs. boost.
Bowtie-Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:43 PM   #14
Amandaa
 
Amandaa's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 chevy camaro 2SS
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Miami
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie-Bri View Post
Amanda, welcome to Camaro5! Like the others have said, take it easy for a 100 miles or so till you feel comfortable driving your new to you Camaro. Traction control is your friend! Resist the urge to slam the go pedal and stay in control of the right foot. Have fun and enjoy the ride!

thank you!
I will take it easy as much as I can haha


Amanda
Amandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
advice, newbie, newbie questions, tips

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.