Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack Discuss issues related to wheels and tires

Old 05-05-2014, 09:01 AM   #1
marcotheepolo

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT RS
Cool How often?

Just got my camaro. Just wondering how often you guys change your tires and your style of driving?
marcotheepolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:48 AM   #2
Evergreen6

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LS
My tires get changed when they're close to needing replacement, but not bald or unsafe. That really depends on the tire AND your style of driving. Some tires just don't last very long. The Pirelli P-Zero and other tires like the Michelin Pilot Sport are great tires, but they just don't last long. Those are performance tires, and longevity is not their selling point.

I'm hoping to get 40-50k miles out of the BFG's I have on my LS. They're not a performance tire. I don't really change my driving style and I don't do burnouts. I love to drive and I'll go for drives just for the hell of it, to explore new places or to experience a new road. On those trips you can find me putting the car through it's paces (legally). But a lot of my miles are commuting which is mostly just non-spirited driving, being defensive and staying safe.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:55 AM   #3
TOYMARO

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS 2SS
HUH? Tires when they are bad.....or when they are a junk brand (like stock p zeros).

Drving style? Drive it hard...it was meant for it.
TOYMARO is offline   Reply With Quote