Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-07-2014, 07:37 PM   #1
orange blaze
Red Hot SS

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
rotors and brake pads

I am looking at buying drilled rotors and new pads for my 2011 SS. Does anyone know if they would be the same width as the stock. I was hoping the rotors and pads would be a little thinner so I would have a little more clearance between the spokes on my new wheels and the brembo calipers. Right now in the back I have 1 credit card width. Any suggestions besides a 3 mm spacer?
orange blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 05:13 PM   #2
EOD

Drives: 1968 Camaro SS & 2015 GMC Sierra De
The calipers are fixed in place by two bolts in the back. Even if the rotors and pads were to be thinner your caliper would not move, you would just have the pistons extend further to make contact.
EOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 05:49 PM   #3
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange blaze View Post
I am looking at buying drilled rotors and new pads for my 2011 SS. Does anyone know if they would be the same width as the stock. I was hoping the rotors and pads would be a little thinner so I would have a little more clearance between the spokes on my new wheels and the brembo calipers. Right now in the back I have 1 credit card width. Any suggestions besides a 3 mm spacer?
A spacer is really the best way to go. 3mm is safe. Typically rotors are the same width as stock and the hat would actually have to be thicker to do what you are looking for. Just get some spacers and be done with it.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:37 PM   #4
CamaroLS

Drives: 2014 Blue Ray Met. Camaro 1SS Vert
I have a new set of spacers I ordered and decided not to use.
CamaroLS is offline   Reply With Quote