Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2014, 07:06 PM   #29
Apex Motorsports
 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 25,211
A before and after from the guys at Showstoppers.

Before:



After:


Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:50 AM   #30
Str8_W8
Deadlift King
 
Str8_W8's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
SS


This one picture has me convinced. Looks great and fills up the wheel well nicely. I will be ordering soon. If he painted or had the calipers powder coated to match the paint, it would really set the car off. I like that he kept the factory rims. I kept mine too, just replaced them with a chrome set.
Str8_W8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:58 AM   #31
Apex Motorsports
 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 25,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8_W8 View Post
This one picture has me convinced. Looks great and fills up the wheel well nicely. I will be ordering soon. If he painted or had the calipers powder coated to match the paint, it would really set the car off. I like that he kept the factory rims. I kept mine too, just replaced them with a chrome set.
That car has changed a lot since that picture was taken. Here is how it looks now.

Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:55 AM   #32
Str8_W8
Deadlift King
 
Str8_W8's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
That car has changed a lot since that picture was taken. Here is how it looks now.

I guess I'm more of a subtle change kind of guy. I thought it looked great before.
Str8_W8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:59 PM   #33
Apex Motorsports
 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 25,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8_W8 View Post
I guess I'm more of a subtle change kind of guy. I thought it looked great before.
Nothing wrong with that. The springs alone make the car look a lot better.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:20 AM   #34
Apex Motorsports
 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 25,211
Another ZL1 on Apex springs.

Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:25 PM   #35
Black Knight

 
Black Knight's Avatar
 
Drives: Supercharged LLT
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 1,364
Hey chase could you tell me if my springs have all the sleeves to avoid any noise ?
__________________
CLICK IMG FOR BUIlD THREAD
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 06:50 AM   #36
Apex Motorsports
 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 25,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
Hey chase could you tell me if my springs have all the sleeves to avoid any noise ?
Yes, everything is as it should be.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:18 PM   #37
Black Knight

 
Black Knight's Avatar
 
Drives: Supercharged LLT
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 1,364
Kool thanks chase
__________________
CLICK IMG FOR BUIlD THREAD
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:35 PM   #38
CCMADONNA

 
CCMADONNA's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: So Cal
Posts: 1,363
so tell me, Chase, i just got a 2014 Camaro SS vert -- lowering springs AND bushings from Apex?
what would you recommend -- i want 1.supreme handling & 2. badass looks
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 09:06 AM   #39
Apex Motorsports
 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 25,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMADONNA View Post
so tell me, Chase, i just got a 2014 Camaro SS vert -- lowering springs AND bushings from Apex?
what would you recommend -- i want 1.supreme handling & 2. badass looks
The answer to that can vary depending on how far you want to go and how much money you want to spend. If you are looking for a solid street handling package that addresses all of the big bang for your buck upgrades at a reasonable price it would be something like this:

1) Apex Motorsports 1.25" Camaro Lowering Springs - APX1410126

2) BMR Suspension Front & rear Sway Bar Kit w/ Bushings - SB039

3) BMR Suspension Front Radius Rod Bushing Kit BK019

4) BMR Suspension Rear Cradle Bushing Kit, Full Bushing, Pro Version BK024

With these items you will have the lower ride height you are after, flatter cornering, and greater stability especially when cornering, accelerating and braking aggressively. The car will feel more like a sports car than a muscle car. And the best part is that you will still have good ride quality.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:44 AM   #40
CCMADONNA

 
CCMADONNA's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: So Cal
Posts: 1,363
Thank you, Chase!
Those are exactly the things I am looking for.
The only mod ahead of the four you mentioned, is the catch-can, and then, i'm off and running with all of your suggestions!
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:12 AM   #41
Apex Motorsports
 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 25,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMADONNA View Post
Thank you, Chase!
Those are exactly the things I am looking for.
The only mod ahead of the four you mentioned, is the catch-can, and then, i'm off and running with all of your suggestions!
That is a good plan. The sooner you can get a catch can installed the better.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:39 PM   #42
showstopper

 
Drives: 2010 RS/SS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
A before and after from the guys at Showstoppers.

Before:



After:


Turned out great. Just what the car needed.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
showstopper is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
apex lowering springs, apex motorsports, best lowering springs, lowering springs

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.