|08-06-2009, 06:48 PM||#1|
Drives: ABM 2LT M6 RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dupont, WA
F/S: 1996 Collector's Edition LT4 VIN #00003 (WA State)
This Corvette really is “one of a kind”. The VIN Serial Number is 00003! (Car #1 was a Yellow Coupe with LT4 and Car #2 a CE Convertible with LT1 engine) Literally, it was the very first Collector’s Edition (CE) car built with the LT4 engine as well as the very first CE Coupe built! Built in April of 1995 during the “Pilot” program, this car was made while 1995 models were still being built on the assembly line. Chevy used the Pilot cars to test the build process and to get early production cars for promotions, photography and testing. While 1995 model production continued until July 1995, this car was making the rounds of the promotion circuit as early as May.
Initial delivery of Car #3 was to “Display Car Services, Center Line, MI”. This was the group responsible for promotional photography AND the model-year brochure. While I have not been able to 100% verify it, it is almost certain that Car #3 was the very car you see in the brochure (yes…you get an ORIGINAL 1996 Corvette brochure with the car!) After its promotion life, the car was first sold at retail July 31, 1995, in the Portland, OR, area.
Included with the car are copies of the original Build Sheet and Window Sticker! The Build Sheet shows all of the options on the car as it was built and includes the build date, “Pilot” car status, original owner (Chevrolet) and delivery address (Display Car Services). One interesting note is that the build sheet shows the car being built with the standard AM/FM/Cassette stereo with “basic speakers”. All production CE cars REQUIRED the “Bose Gold” option package. In fact, Car #3 came to me with a Bose Gold head unit and tuner, but NOT the full Bose system with amplifier and Bose speakers. The installed speakers were after-market units running off the low power of the basic Bose unit. The entire stereo system has since been replaced with all after-market items, but the originally installed Bose head unit and tuner will be included (but not installed).
Current mileage: 86,800
The paint and body are nearly perfect. It has never been in an accident or had any body work. The interior is in good condition showing normal wear—scuffs in the driver’s seat leather, particularly the left side bolster where you slide over it to get in the seat; one or two small spots of peeling in the rubberized coating on the console surface. It is stock with the exception of a Borla cat-back exhaust and a performance “Cold Air Intake” (CAI) with a K&N air filter.
I am the 4th owner. This car was originally purchased in Sandy, OR near Portland. The original owner added the cat-back exhaust and CAI. He traded it back to the same dealership in ’99 for a C5. The next owners were a couple who had it from ’99 until January 2006. I purchased the car in August 2006 with just over 80,000 miles on the odometer from the third owner who really wanted a C6 Corvette.
Here are the highlights and major features (some standard for the model, some optional):
• Sebring Silver (all CEs are Sebring Silver)
• LT4 Engine (330 HP at 5800 RM; 340 ft-lb torque at 4500 RPM)
• 6 Speed Manual Transmission (required with the LT4)
• Heavy Duty Brakes (13” front rotors)
• F45 Real Time Dampening Suspension (adjustable with 3 firmness levels)
• Performance Rear Axle Ratio (3.45)
• Dual Power Leather Seats
• Automatic Climate Control
• Custom Stereo installation including: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X590 AM/FM/CD/MP3 head unit with USB connection; Polk db5250 5 ¼” component speakers (front); Rockford Fosgate P18S4 8” subwoofers (rear); Elemental Designs nine.4 amplifier, rated 65w x 4.
Extras included with Car #3:
• Original owner’s manual
• 2 Volume set of Factory Service Manuals—a $100 value and priceless for servicing and diagnosing your car
• Book “101 Projects for your Corvette”—a $20 value
• “Corvette” fender cover to protect the car when working in the engine bay
• Original/spare parts, including injectors, plug wires, new OEM thermostat, original Bose stereo unit, transmission fluid
Many wear items and tune-up parts have been replaced or installed recently (by myself and the previous owner within the last 4 years and 6,000 miles). Some were replaced as preventative measures. Some were to fix a lean problem and high RPM miss (now resolved). I also very recently replaced the radiator and radiator hoses to fix a coolant leak (cracked radiator) and installed a new battery. The following items have been installed in the last 5-6,000 miles maximum:
• Fuel Pump and Fuel Filter (genuine GM parts)
• Fuel Injectors (FMS matched set of 24#)
• Water Pump (kit including thermostat)
• Serpentine Belt
• Opti-Spark Distributor
• Spark Plugs and Wires (factory replacements used)
• Brake Pads (Carbotech Street Pads http://www.ctbrakes.com/)
• Synthetic Brake Fluid
• BFG KDW Tires in factory sizes
• Battery (36 mo warranty from Costco beginning 7/09)
• Radiator and radiator hoses, coolant flush (new old stock OEM GM part rad)
The car needs a new windshield. It is cracked along the bottom. You can not see this in the pictures. This is the only issue; everything else on the car works perfectly.
Asking Price: $13,000
Please email me with any questions. Thanks! Rob
Last edited by Teddydog; 01-05-2010 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Added photos
|08-12-2009, 01:22 PM||#6|
Drives: ABM 2LT M6 RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dupont, WA
I'm selling it and my Mazda to buy a Camaro. I just don't drive it enough and we really don't need 4 cars!
Current mileage is 86,500.
The car is actually listed on eBay now and has bids, so any direct sale would need to be postponed until after that and only IF it falls through (but I've spoken with the high bidder and he's very serious). Please feel free to find it and bid if you're interested. I'm very open to showing it locally and answering any questions.
It is being detailed inside today and I plan to add more pics tonight or tomorrow.
Thanks for the comments!
|01-05-2010, 02:50 PM||#10|
I would definitely buy this, but I don't have the finances. Whoever picks this up will be a very happy owner.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Tracking All Currently Known US VIN and Window Stickers - Order Tracking Thread||UCF w00t||Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions||4242||02-17-2014 09:57 PM|
|Vin Number location Thread||sigma_1966||5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions||111||12-24-2009 07:37 AM|
|Check your Order here||bvonscott||Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions||665||06-29-2009 02:00 PM|