Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 09-24-2014, 06:21 AM   #1
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Question 2011 SS RADIO A/C ISSUE..

Hey folks, had something perplexing happen yesterday, I started up my car and turned on the Radio and the AC and it all worked for about a minute and all of a sudden the radio display started flashing and went out, the AC led indicators started flashing also and the fan kept kicking on and off, the radio display never came back on, but flashed a couple of times and the radio stayed on and would not turn off, or change the station or adjust the volume. When the car is off, the display for the AC flashes on and off 3 times in succession. Had this happen 1 time before and it only lasted 5 minutes and cleared up. Any ideas as to what's up?? Oh and the turn signals work, but no blinkey sound like normal, and when you clear any of the DIC screens, it used to beep, but now it is silent when it is cleared. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:54 AM   #2
1JEWLDSSRS

Bump,,,,any body have any ideas before I go to the dealership after work today ?? Thanks.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:09 PM   #3
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
Just a shot in the dark....How old is the battery? I've read some times with the car doing crazy stuff, the battery was the cause. Let us know what the fix is
Old 09-24-2014, 12:43 PM   #4
1JEWLDSSRS

Hey thanks, the battery is only about 4 months old, just had it replaced, it went totally dead. And if I remember correctly it did this same thing just after the battry was replaced when I drove away from the dealership, I turned back around to go back and it just went away and never did it again, until now. I will keep you all posted..
Old 09-25-2014, 12:08 PM   #5
1JEWLDSSRS

Well here's what I found out, the dealer called me this morning and they found a major power fault in the AC head power unit. They had to order me 1 and it won't be here until tomorrow afternoon and that my extended warranty will cover the repair, except for shop supplies he said. Hopefully that is the fix. We'll see.Thanks.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:49 PM   #6
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Well here's what I found out, the dealer called me this morning and they found a major power fault in the AC head power unit. They had to order me 1 and it won't be here until tomorrow afternoon and that my extended warranty will cover the repair, except for shop supplies he said. Hopefully that is the fix. We'll see.Thanks.
Sorry about your radio/HVAC concern. Although I understand your displeasure, it's great that you've proactively reached out to your dealer for an official diagnosis. Keep us in the loop and updated on your service visit. If necessary, I can contact the dealer's Customer Experience Managers if you have additional questions. We'll look forward to your updates .

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 08:54 PM   #7
hunter1660

Good news, Glad they got you fixed up.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:15 AM   #8
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Sorry about your radio/HVAC concern. Although I understand your displeasure, it's great that you've proactively reached out to your dealer for an official diagnosis. Keep us in the loop and updated on your service visit. If necessary, I can contact the dealer's Customer Experience Managers if you have additional questions. We'll look forward to your updates .

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Yea thanks, I always take my car back to my dealership as they have ALWAYS taken great care of me and my Camaro. It has been in the shop 3 times now for major issues, bad rear end, burnt up tranny due to the exploded filter housing deal, and now the HVAC issues and all 3 times they took care and fixed the problem no questions asked. I can't say enough about Rosner Chevrolet ant the guys and gals there, they are the best. The only thing I can't figure is what "shop supplies" I would be paying for on this repair ?? Rock and roll Rosner Chevrolet !!! Thanks.
Old 09-26-2014, 03:17 PM   #9
1JEWLDSSRS

UPDATE,,,Well I'm kinda bummed now, they replaced the HVAC unit that they said was the problem and the problem is still there. So the tech is on the phone with GM tech support and I won't be getting my Camaro back today. Oh well, hope they find out what's up..Man it's tough without your muscle car...Keep you all posted..
Old 09-26-2014, 06:24 PM   #10
hunter1660

Earn while they learn, at least it's on their dime. Glorified parts changers
Old 09-27-2014, 03:34 AM   #11
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Ok, I had something weird with my AC/Radio, but nothing like yours. When I turned on my AC the screen to my radio started to fog up in the corner. When I turned the AC off the fog went away. It was actually fogged up behind the screen because I tried to wipe it off, but nothing happened.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valve Train, Cam Motion custom grind, ARH 1 7/8, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, LS2 Dampner, Trunion upgrade, LS9 head gaskets, RX CC, GFX, Subs.
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 12:27 PM   #12
1JEWLDSSRS

UPDATE,,Well I was at the dealership yesterday checking on my Camaro and nothing yet, I guess that GM tech support told them to replace the radio now, so they got it approved with my warranty and waiting for the radio to come in and be installed. Hope Monday or Tuesday they said. Hopefully this solves the problem, me I would have done the radio first, since it was not working and the AC unit was working intermittently, but oh well I'm not them. Keep you all posted.
Old 09-28-2014, 02:39 PM   #13
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Yea thanks, I always take my car back to my dealership as they have ALWAYS taken great care of me and my Camaro. It has been in the shop 3 times now for major issues, bad rear end, burnt up tranny due to the exploded filter housing deal, and now the HVAC issues and all 3 times they took care and fixed the problem no questions asked. I can't say enough about Rosner Chevrolet ant the guys and gals there, they are the best. The only thing I can't figure is what "shop supplies" I would be paying for on this repair ?? Rock and roll Rosner Chevrolet !!! Thanks.
Quote:
UPDATE,,,Well I'm kinda bummed now, they replaced the HVAC unit that they said was the problem and the problem is still there. So the tech is on the phone with GM tech support and I won't be getting my Camaro back today. Oh well, hope they find out what's up..Man it's tough without your muscle car...Keep you all posted..
It's great to hear about the relationship you have with Rosner Chevrolet . However, sincere apologies that the concern remains. Please keep us posted on what you hear. We'll remain confident that they will correct this as soon as possible.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:03 PM   #14
1JEWLDSSRS

Well folks, here's the update, my dealership called me yesterday and said the radio is in and they are installing it as we spoke, that they would call me after it is in and they do a systems check on everything..Was in a meeting for an hour after that and when I got out there was a message on my phone that my car is completed and I could come get it anytime..WOOOOOHOOOOO got my baby back !!! Everything seems to be back to normal and is working properly, yea !!! Was really great to gwet out of the 2014 Malibu LS,,lol back into my muscle car. Guess I am spoiled by her. Once again my friends at Rosner Chevrolet come through with flying colors and got my baby FIXED...Thanks everyone, and William...