Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Interior Parts & Accessories

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 10-30-2010, 02:10 PM   #141
YOUNGnRECKLESS
Building the Beast

Drives: 2010 VR LS3
hey guys, the DIY is great! I will be getting a set of these soon, my only question is how did you connect it to the fuse box, I know that box is the ignition box, but am just confused as to how you wired it to the fuse box? THANKS!
Old 11-08-2010, 01:26 PM   #142
Jonathan@AACstyle.com

Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUNGnRECKLESS View Post
hey guys, the DIY is great! I will be getting a set of these soon, my only question is how did you connect it to the fuse box, I know that box is the ignition box, but am just confused as to how you wired it to the fuse box? THANKS!
I know you posted this last week; were you able to get it installed while we were away?
Jonathan@AACstyle.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:21 PM   #143
conradt

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUNGnRECKLESS View Post

You will need one of these.

I found mine at AutoZone. They come in two sizes, there is only about 2mm difference in the width and you need the smaller one. It holds 2 fuses. One is the original from the circut you are tapping into, the other fuses the lead that you will use for power. Follow the instructions on the box. I used the trunk light fuse for a line that is always live and aux power fuse for a line that is switched.
conradt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:00 PM   #144
Jonathan@AACstyle.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by conradt View Post
You will need one of these.

I found mine at AutoZone. They come in two sizes, there is only about 2mm difference in the width and you need the smaller one. It holds 2 fuses. One is the original from the circut you are tapping into, the other fuses the lead that you will use for power. Follow the instructions on the box. I used the trunk light fuse for a line that is always live and aux power fuse for a line that is switched.
Thanks conradt!
Old 12-24-2010, 07:56 PM   #145
CamBoy1120
17 Yr old Owner :D

Drives: 2010 1LT Camaro
Justin, on the website asks either SMD(free upgrade for a limited time) or CCFL.
What is that?
CamBoy1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 12:31 PM   #146
AACstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamBoy1120 View Post
Justin, on the website asks either SMD(free upgrade for a limited time) or CCFL.
What is that?
LED and CCFL put out the same light. Its just that some Camaro owners have had issues with passengers kicking the tubes and breaking them. You can not break the LED by kicking it.
AACstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:09 AM   #147
iFast

Drives: '10 Camaro SS/RS and '01 Bullitt
Here is my driver side cool white footwell lighting. Sorry for the bad pic. It was snowing outside. But got them on both driver and passenger side to match the dome light since its wired to the dome light. Looks great at night
Attached Images

iFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:37 AM   #148
AACstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFast View Post
Here is my driver side cool white footwell lighting. Sorry for the bad pic. It was snowing outside. But got them on both driver and passenger side to match the dome light since its wired to the dome light. Looks great at night
Very cool!
AACstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:57 PM   #149
BriCo84

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT w/RS
Justin, the link doesn't have the abl as an option. I know i can go to www.automotivelightstore.com/abl.aspx and get them, but that is for the whole abl interior package. I am looking for only the footwell lighting.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:31 PM   #150
Jonathan@AACstyle.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriCo84 View Post
Justin, the link doesn't have the abl as an option. I know i can go to www.automotivelightstore.com/abl.aspx and get them, but that is for the whole abl interior package. I am looking for only the footwell lighting.
PM sent!
Old 12-27-2010, 05:40 PM   #151
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by AACstyle View Post
Its just that some Camaro owners have had issues with passengers kicking the tubes and breaking them.
Ain't that the truth! I cracked the driver's side while installing it. Ordered a replacement tube and installed it a few days later. When I hooked the battery back up, the driver's side came on, but the passenger side didn't. My wife was out shopping with her sister the day before and I looked up under the dash and saw a nice big crack on the passenger side. Haven't gotten around to replacing the passenger side yet, so I'm just lit on the driver's side. Will be getting the SMDs next time.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:34 AM   #152
Jonathan@AACstyle.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
Ain't that the truth! I cracked the driver's side while installing it. Ordered a replacement tube and installed it a few days later. When I hooked the battery back up, the driver's side came on, but the passenger side didn't. My wife was out shopping with her sister the day before and I looked up under the dash and saw a nice big crack on the passenger side. Haven't gotten around to replacing the passenger side yet, so I'm just lit on the driver's side. Will be getting the SMDs next time.
Let me know when you are ready to install the SMD foot wells and I'll get you set up!
Old 12-28-2010, 09:26 AM   #153
AUS10BMX

Drives: 2010 2LT RY, 2014 Silverado
So I'm looking at getting the ABL Kit http://www.automotivelightstore.com/abl.aspx

I was gonna get a conversion kit a while back, but this color will be awesome and with the footwells even better!

This question may be answered somewhere in here:

If using the fuse box for power, which I plan to do, the footwells will turn on when the car is on. Would this mean that the switch included, would have to be in the ON position also for them to come on with the car, and while driving and I do not want them on, switch it to OFF.

I guess this would be no different than my hard wired radar detector, comes on with the car, but the footwells will have a switch on/off if needed.

Hypertech | Airaid | JBA Exhaust | RX Catch Can/CNC TB/Black Ice-Olator | Ported Intake/Heads | 1LE Brembos | F14's | RS Headlights | ZL1 Grille
AUS10BMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:12 AM   #154
Jonathan@AACstyle.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUS10BMX View Post
So I'm looking at getting the ABL Kit http://www.automotivelightstore.com/abl.aspx

I was gonna get a conversion kit a while back, but this color will be awesome and with the footwells even better!

This question may be answered somewhere in here:

If using the fuse box for power, which I plan to do, the footwells will turn on when the car is on. Would this mean that the switch included, would have to be in the ON position also for them to come on with the car, and while driving and I do not want them on, switch it to OFF.

I guess this would be no different than my hard wired radar detector, comes on with the car, but the footwells will have a switch on/off if needed.
Our kits do not include a switch but you can use a switch to power the foot well lights on/off while you are driving the car. You can run the strip so it is on when the car is on and then just flip the switch to the "off" position when you are driving.

Tags
aac, ambient, ccfl, footwell, led, lighting