Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Interior Parts & Accessories

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 08-12-2011, 12:47 AM   #188
MSUCamaro

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT
My LEDs got here today and they look great! I only managed to complete the wiring and run a test; I still have to trim up the wiring and get everything stuck in place.

A couple questions:

First, I'm a little hesitant to just drill into my console's side cover like in the photo to place the switch there. Although that's where I would like it to be. What size whole should I drill? What are the odds that the cover cracks while I'm drilling?

Second, if I chose not to put the switch in the console's side cover, what would be the best place to mount it without having to drill? Under the dash? And how would I best go about keeping it in place?

Thanks in advance

P.S. And if I were to tap into the dome light as in this thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ht=LEDs+wiring would I be able to turn on my LEDs by simply switching on the dome light?

Last edited by MSUCamaro; 08-12-2011 at 01:02 AM.
MSUCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:51 AM   #189
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat
Its like all my AAC products are all of a sudden deciding not work anymore. My passenger footwell Ambient Lighting just went out. :( First my P13W bulbs now this(granted i'm getting upgraded plasmas sent out to me thank to jonathan). This is all just bad timing I guess.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:11 AM   #190
Jonathan@AACstyle.com

Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUCamaro View Post
My LEDs got here today and they look great! I only managed to complete the wiring and run a test; I still have to trim up the wiring and get everything stuck in place.

A couple questions:

First, I'm a little hesitant to just drill into my console's side cover like in the photo to place the switch there. Although that's where I would like it to be. What size whole should I drill? What are the odds that the cover cracks while I'm drilling?

Second, if I chose not to put the switch in the console's side cover, what would be the best place to mount it without having to drill? Under the dash? And how would I best go about keeping it in place?

Thanks in advance

P.S. And if I were to tap into the dome light as in this thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ht=LEDs+wiring would I be able to turn on my LEDs by simply switching on the dome light?
When drilling the hole for the switch we use a uni-bit and it gives you a nice clean hole to mount the switch and have never had an issue with the pannel cracking.

If you decide to wire them to your dome light then your foot well lights will come on when your dome light is on.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions and I will gladly assist you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
Its like all my AAC products are all of a sudden deciding not work anymore. My passenger footwell Ambient Lighting just went out. :( First my P13W bulbs now this(granted i'm getting upgraded plasmas sent out to me thank to jonathan). This is all just bad timing I guess.
If you could, go back and check your connection to make sure that nothing came loose causing the light to go out. I cannot remember if you had LED or CCFL footwell lights but if they are LED and just "went out" you would have a loose/bad connection somewhere.

Plasma bulbs are on their way!
Jonathan@AACstyle.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:12 AM   #191
AACstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUCamaro View Post
Correct, you can place it under your dash and just use a tie strap to hold it there. That will avoid having to drill any holes in the dash.

Quote:
Correct, the LEDs would power off the dome light and be on whenever the dome light is on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
The LED strips are composed of dozens of LEDs and they are not all going to go out at one time check your connections and if you are using the add-a-circuit check the fuse on the circuit
AACstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:43 AM   #192
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat
Quote:
Originally Posted by AACstyle View Post
Correct, you can place it under your dash and just use a tie strap to hold it there. That will avoid having to drill any holes in the dash.

Correct, the LEDs would power off the dome light and be on whenever the dome light is on.

The LED strips are composed of dozens of LEDs and they are not all going to go out at one time check your connections and if you are using the add-a-circuit check the fuse on the circuit
I have the Tubes not the LEDs. Checked the fuse and everything is a good. No one sits in my passenger side so I know its not damaged, it just randomly went out. I love your products so by no means am I complaining. Its just that the past 2 weeks, things overall haven't been going good to me and I just moved to a new place. So its a bit frustrating, if you know what I mean. I guess this would be a good time for me to upgrade to the Aqua ABL.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:40 PM   #193
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Tried to read through but there is too much so I thought I would ask lol. I want to order some footwell lighting for under the dash and have a few questions.

I have the IO interior, what looks best with it? Red or Amber? The lighting in the doors is red so I am thinking it would match more. Any pics of both colors so I can see side by side?

Should I order the CCFL or SMD? Whats the difference?

Thanks!

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:50 AM   #194
Jonathan@AACstyle.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
Tried to read through but there is too much so I thought I would ask lol. I want to order some footwell lighting for under the dash and have a few questions.

I have the IO interior, what looks best with it? Red or Amber? The lighting in the doors is red so I am thinking it would match more. Any pics of both colors so I can see side by side?

Should I order the CCFL or SMD? Whats the difference?

Thanks!
I would go with the Amber interior LEDs because it is a dark orange and accents the IOM nicely!

For the foot wells, go with the LED so you do not have to worry about kicking them and breaking them.

Let me see if I can get you a side by side picture.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:55 AM   #195
Jonathan@AACstyle.com

Unfortunately with the iPhone the colors doe not show up the best and look almost the exact same on the camera.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:36 AM   #196
TaylorRyanSS

I ordered and went with the red SMD. The lighting in the IO interior is red anyway. I am getting dash abl and red upholder lighting installed so I think it will match better.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
Old 08-23-2011, 02:27 PM   #197
Jonathan@AACstyle.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
I ordered and went with the red SMD. The lighting in the IO interior is red anyway. I am getting dash abl and red upholder lighting installed so I think it will match better.
Sounds good! Please let me know how I can assist you with any future purchases.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:29 PM   #198
TaylorRyanSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan@AACstyle.com View Post
Sounds good! Please let me know how I can assist you with any future purchases.
I will be getting the sidemarkers soon.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:02 PM   #199
ajp
Imperial Blue Steel

Drives: Camaro 2010 2SS/RS
AAC - you have mail!
Old 08-25-2011, 06:36 AM   #200
Saint Alban

Drives: '14 Black 2SS RS
Red SMD's.

[IMG]

I'm not sure if AAC has red SMD's for the dome light, but I already had one and that's where the red glow on the dash comes from.
Saint Alban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:33 PM   #201
AACstyle

Installed pic thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3689262
Old 09-15-2011, 11:03 AM   #202
baup5f

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Coupe
The link on the first page does not show the ABL color, do you have these with the new SMD/LED strips? Also the price is $39.95 on the website...

I'm interested in the product for footwell lighting but want it to match the ABL bulbs I purchased from you a while back.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:29 AM   #203
Jonathan@AACstyle.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by baup5f View Post
The link on the first page does not show the ABL color, do you have these with the new SMD/LED strips? Also the price is $39.95 on the website...

I'm interested in the product for footwell lighting but want it to match the ABL bulbs I purchased from you a while back.
I do have the ABL foot wells in LED and they are $39.50!

Please feel free to send me your Pay Pal email address or give me a call at (800) 407-5776 and I will gladly assist you with your purchase.

Thank you!
Old 10-18-2011, 09:09 AM   #204
AACstyle

Cool pic one of our dealers posted of our Footwell LED strips installed (ABL)

Tags
aac, ambient, ccfl, footwell, led, lighting