Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SNL Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Interior Parts & Accessories

Interior Parts & Accessories All interior parts and accessories.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 02-11-2011, 03:05 PM   #176
Jonathan@AACstyle.com

Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
UV LED Foot Wells Installed (sorry for the cell phone picture):

Questions? Call Us! 1(800)407-5776
Become an Advanced Automotive Concepts fan on Facebook! [CLICK HERE]
Check out our YouTube Channel for our latest Camaro Videos! [CLICK HERE]
Jonathan@AACstyle.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:16 AM   #177
2010SSRSM6
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
For a setup like what Spymaster has on Veteran1, are all the lights wired together? Can you use the controller for the nightrider scanner to connect everything?

I'd like to be able to have everything working together on cruse nights as well as show off @ car shows.

I'm looking at doing LED's everywhere (footwell, engine compartment, trunk, grill, under car on all four sides, scanner, etc) Can you put a package together for me that would include everything I would need? I'm thinking of doing the color change LED's everywhere. Also, liking the IOM side markers you guys have.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:28 AM   #178
AACstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
For a setup like what Spymaster has on Veteran1, are all the lights wired together? Can you use the controller for the nightrider scanner to connect everything?

I'd like to be able to have everything working together on cruse nights as well as show off @ car shows.

I'm looking at doing LED's everywhere (footwell, engine compartment, trunk, grill, under car on all four sides, scanner, etc) Can you put a package together for me that would include everything I would need? I'm thinking of doing the color change LED's everywhere. Also, liking the IOM side markers you guys have.
I believe on Veteran1 the Grill Lights and Halos go to a switch and the scanner obviously is on the wireless controller.

We can put together some pricing for the items you are looking for as well.
AACstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:51 AM   #179
2010SSRSM6
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AACstyle View Post
I believe on Veteran1 the Grill Lights and Halos go to a switch and the scanner obviously is on the wireless controller.

We can put together some pricing for the items you are looking for as well.
That would be great. Figuring out the installation is the only thing that has been holding me up.

Can you run the all the lights (except the footwell lighting) through the wireless controller but have a secondary cutout switch so they are not on while the car is being driven attracting unwanted attention (ie law enforcement) but still have the ability to change the color and strobe functions when needed?

Please PM me a complete package price and all the required parts to complete it.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:26 PM   #180
Jonathan@AACstyle.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
That would be great. Figuring out the installation is the only thing that has been holding me up.

Can you run the all the lights (except the footwell lighting) through the wireless controller but have a secondary cutout switch so they are not on while the car is being driven attracting unwanted attention (ie law enforcement) but still have the ability to change the color and strobe functions when needed?

Please PM me a complete package price and all the required parts to complete it.
PM sent!

Old 03-17-2011, 11:33 AM   #181
AACstyle

Here is a quick tip for you guys doing the footwell lighting installation. We originally suggested to use an add-a-circuit but turns out that GM left an open circuit in the fuse panel for us to use

Using red female terminals you can make a quick jumper for a in-line fuse.

Attach a female terminal on the other end to tap the open circuit on the fuse panel.

Now you have 12V power ready to go

Old 03-29-2011, 01:08 PM   #182
AACstyle

We will be installing these at Camaro5 Fest, if you would like to pre-order we can give you a concrete installation appointment so that your car is not held up for a long time at the event.

PM or call Jonathan or myself to order.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:50 PM   #183
AACstyle

Bump for Lrabacal
Old 07-21-2011, 05:53 PM   #184
AACstyle

Footwell Lighting in our '69 Pro-Touring Camaro:

Old 08-08-2011, 11:06 AM   #185
AACstyle

bump for jover
Old 08-10-2011, 11:38 PM   #186
MSUCamaro

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT
I just purchased the ABL LEDs, and I was wondering if I will need any extra wire to complete the installation if I will be tapping into the fusebox using an "add-a-fuse."

In short, will I be able to make all the necessary connections and make the distances with the wire supplied?

Also, will any soldering be required to attach the add-a-fuse? Just trying to get everything straight and purchased so I have a clean install without any hiccups.
MSUCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:11 AM   #187
AACstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUCamaro View Post
I just purchased the ABL LEDs, and I was wondering if I will need any extra wire to complete the installation if I will be tapping into the fusebox using an "add-a-fuse."

In short, will I be able to make all the necessary connections and make the distances with the wire supplied?

Also, will any soldering be required to attach the add-a-fuse? Just trying to get everything straight and purchased so I have a clean install without any hiccups.
No, there will be no soldering required

It would be a good idea to pick up a couple extra ft of 18ga or 20ga wire (standard car audio speaker wire is fine) to be sure you can reach your power input. To connect the extra wire just pick up a couple of red (red=small) butt connectors.

Hope that helps
Old 08-11-2011, 11:47 PM   #188
MSUCamaro

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT
My LEDs got here today and they look great! I only managed to complete the wiring and run a test; I still have to trim up the wiring and get everything stuck in place.

A couple questions:

First, I'm a little hesitant to just drill into my console's side cover like in the photo to place the switch there. Although that's where I would like it to be. What size whole should I drill? What are the odds that the cover cracks while I'm drilling?

Second, if I chose not to put the switch in the console's side cover, what would be the best place to mount it without having to drill? Under the dash? And how would I best go about keeping it in place?

Thanks in advance

P.S. And if I were to tap into the dome light as in this thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ht=LEDs+wiring would I be able to turn on my LEDs by simply switching on the dome light?

Last edited by MSUCamaro; 08-12-2011 at 12:02 AM.
MSUCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:51 PM   #189
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: ZL1#206 (Sold) 6th Gen!?
Its like all my AAC products are all of a sudden deciding not work anymore. My passenger footwell Ambient Lighting just went out. :( First my P13W bulbs now this(granted i'm getting upgraded plasmas sent out to me thank to jonathan). This is all just bad timing I guess.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:11 AM   #190
Jonathan@AACstyle.com

Quote:
My LEDs got here today and they look great! I only managed to complete the wiring and run a test; I still have to trim up the wiring and get everything stuck in place.

A couple questions:

First, I'm a little hesitant to just drill into my console's side cover like in the photo to place the switch there. Although that's where I would like it to be. What size whole should I drill? What are the odds that the cover cracks while I'm drilling?

Second, if I chose not to put the switch in the console's side cover, what would be the best place to mount it without having to drill? Under the dash? And how would I best go about keeping it in place?

Thanks in advance

P.S. And if I were to tap into the dome light as in this thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ht=LEDs+wiring would I be able to turn on my LEDs by simply switching on the dome light?
When drilling the hole for the switch we use a uni-bit and it gives you a nice clean hole to mount the switch and have never had an issue with the pannel cracking.

If you decide to wire them to your dome light then your foot well lights will come on when your dome light is on.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions and I will gladly assist you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
Its like all my AAC products are all of a sudden deciding not work anymore. My passenger footwell Ambient Lighting just went out. :( First my P13W bulbs now this(granted i'm getting upgraded plasmas sent out to me thank to jonathan). This is all just bad timing I guess.
If you could, go back and check your connection to make sure that nothing came loose causing the light to go out. I cannot remember if you had LED or CCFL footwell lights but if they are LED and just "went out" you would have a loose/bad connection somewhere.

Plasma bulbs are on their way!

Old 08-12-2011, 08:12 AM   #191
AACstyle

Quote:
Correct, you can place it under your dash and just use a tie strap to hold it there. That will avoid having to drill any holes in the dash.

Quote:
Correct, the LEDs would power off the dome light and be on whenever the dome light is on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
The LED strips are composed of dozens of LEDs and they are not all going to go out at one time check your connections and if you are using the add-a-circuit check the fuse on the circuit
Old 08-12-2011, 10:43 AM   #192
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: ZL1#206 (Sold) 6th Gen!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AACstyle View Post
Correct, you can place it under your dash and just use a tie strap to hold it there. That will avoid having to drill any holes in the dash.

Correct, the LEDs would power off the dome light and be on whenever the dome light is on.

The LED strips are composed of dozens of LEDs and they are not all going to go out at one time check your connections and if you are using the add-a-circuit check the fuse on the circuit
I have the Tubes not the LEDs. Checked the fuse and everything is a good. No one sits in my passenger side so I know its not damaged, it just randomly went out. I love your products so by no means am I complaining. Its just that the past 2 weeks, things overall haven't been going good to me and I just moved to a new place. So its a bit frustrating, if you know what I mean. I guess this would be a good time for me to upgrade to the Aqua ABL.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:40 PM   #193
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro, 2012 370Z
Tried to read through but there is too much so I thought I would ask lol. I want to order some footwell lighting for under the dash and have a few questions.

I have the IO interior, what looks best with it? Red or Amber? The lighting in the doors is red so I am thinking it would match more. Any pics of both colors so I can see side by side?

Should I order the CCFL or SMD? Whats the difference?

Thanks!

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:50 AM   #194
Jonathan@AACstyle.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
Tried to read through but there is too much so I thought I would ask lol. I want to order some footwell lighting for under the dash and have a few questions.

I have the IO interior, what looks best with it? Red or Amber? The lighting in the doors is red so I am thinking it would match more. Any pics of both colors so I can see side by side?

Should I order the CCFL or SMD? Whats the difference?

Thanks!
I would go with the Amber interior LEDs because it is a dark orange and accents the IOM nicely!

For the foot wells, go with the LED so you do not have to worry about kicking them and breaking them.

Let me see if I can get you a side by side picture.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:55 AM   #195
Jonathan@AACstyle.com

Unfortunately with the iPhone the colors doe not show up the best and look almost the exact same on the camera.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:36 AM   #196
TaylorRyanSS

I ordered and went with the red SMD. The lighting in the IO interior is red anyway. I am getting dash abl and red upholder lighting installed so I think it will match better.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
Old 08-23-2011, 01:27 PM   #197
Jonathan@AACstyle.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
I ordered and went with the red SMD. The lighting in the IO interior is red anyway. I am getting dash abl and red upholder lighting installed so I think it will match better.
Sounds good! Please let me know how I can assist you with any future purchases.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:29 PM   #198
TaylorRyanSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan@AACstyle.com View Post
Sounds good! Please let me know how I can assist you with any future purchases.
I will be getting the sidemarkers soon.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:02 PM   #199
ajp
Imperial Blue Steel

Drives: Camaro 2010 2SS/RS
AAC - you have mail!
ajp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:36 AM   #200
Saint Alban

Drives: '14 Black 2SS RS
Red SMD's.

[IMG]

I'm not sure if AAC has red SMD's for the dome light, but I already had one and that's where the red glow on the dash comes from.
Saint Alban is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aac, ambient, ccfl, footwell, led, lighting