Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 06-25-2014, 03:55 PM   #26
Philar299

Drives: 2014 2LT Spring Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic View Post
No WE weren't. Ask for the part number of the key please...so we can order them. Please post the number
I know some people on this forum work at dealerships, who ordered them.
Hopefully they see this and post the part number.
Old 06-25-2014, 04:30 PM   #27
Majic
Majic

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS. Crystal Red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philar299 View Post
I know some people on this forum work at dealerships, who ordered them.
Hopefully they see this and post the part number.
I work at a dealership and we can't order keys. We have numerous cars waiting for delivery...including mine...and have no info. except the memo that was released today and that gives NO part numbers to order.

Rick
"MAJIC"
2014 2SS/RS.
Majic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:31 PM   #28
Philar299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic View Post
I work at a dealership and we can't order keys. We have numerous cars waiting for delivery...including mine...and have no info. except the memo that was released today and that gives NO part numbers to order.
Try making a thread to get their attention to post the part number?
Old 06-25-2014, 10:57 PM   #29
mets7

Drives: 2008 Malibu
Dealer just gave me a call telling me they would receive the new keys tomorrow, meaning I could accept delivery Friday. Quick update for those who were in the same situation as I.
mets7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:22 AM   #30
Matt Rogers

Drives: Silver 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Well it happened and I do have my car at home and here is a picture of the key/fob:

Matt Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:38 AM   #31
Philar299

Is that just an empty hole?
Old 06-26-2014, 12:47 AM   #32
Darwood

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
Very nice. You all are making me jealous but I have hope I'll get my keys soon.
Darwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:49 AM   #33
Philar299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwood View Post
Very nice. You all are making me jealous but I have hope I'll get my keys soon.
Join the club!!!! what do you have waiting?
Old 06-26-2014, 01:14 AM   #34
Darwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philar299 View Post
Join the club!!!! what do you have waiting?
My Ashen Grey Matallic 1LE with Recaros. The wait is killing me.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:21 AM   #35
Philar299

Quote:
We all feel the same way.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:42 AM   #36
firestone_ss

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
I still don't understand paying for something you know you cant have, why not just wait until the recall hold is lifted, saves from all the stress, once you buy it there is no incentive for them to move quickly.
firestone_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:50 AM   #37
Philar299

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestone_ss View Post
I still don't understand paying for something you know you cant have, why not just wait until the recall hold is lifted, saves from all the stress, once you buy it there is no incentive for them to move quickly.
I didnt sign anything yet. I only put a 500 dollar deposit so no one touches it but all negotiations are done.

Last edited by Philar299; 06-27-2014 at 04:40 PM.
Philar299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:56 AM   #38
Ernest T

Drives: 2014 RS
Quote:
Because its the end of the model year--there are not shipping a lot more 2014s so if its not on the lot you probably won' get it. Buying it or putting a deposit on it ensures you will get the car you want.
Ernest T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:36 PM   #39
Alfred15

Drives: 2013 altima SL
Could the Key be cut from the horrible plastic part and reattached to the fob???
Alfred15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 02:21 PM   #40
eblanchette

Drives: Red Hot 2014 2SS 1LE :)
Quote:
I am waiting on the exact same car. 2SS/AGM RS 1LE with recaros............

I know the feeling
eblanchette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 02:38 PM   #41
josh11293

Drives: 2014 Crystal Red Camaro 2SS
Same situation here, waiting for a 2014 2SS/RS. Every hour that goes by I get more frustrated by not hearing anything from my dealer.
josh11293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:33 PM   #42
Alfred15

Well i saw pics of the fob without the key...has an empty hole. I was hoping to get a new kind of fob. Even an indentical fob just without the hole where the key was. Lame repair for a lame recall reason, fits it well. And i guess "screw camaro owners". Specially new owners who wont get to choose to keep their keyblades.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:09 AM   #43
Darwood

Quote:
I was already half way through the sales process when I was told of the recall. I also had waited over two months for this car and had just negotiated my trade in. I decided to continue the purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred15 View Post
Well i saw pics of the fob without the key...has an empty hole. I was hoping to get a new kind of fob. Even an indentical fob just without the hole where the key was. Lame repair for a lame recall reason, fits it well. And i guess "screw camaro owners". Specially new owners who wont get to choose to keep their keyblades.
And that's why I've bought a spare switchblade that I'm going to get cut.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:51 AM   #44
Allstar_2SS_14

Drives: 2014 camaro 2ss convertible rs pack
key/fob recall my ass. I'm not going to get mine done period. This is gm crap. I like my key the way it is. Screw you gm.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Allstar_2SS_14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:38 AM   #45
Alfred15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar_2SS_14 View Post
key/fob recall my ass. I'm not going to get mine done period. This is gm crap. I like my key the way it is. Screw you gm.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Wish we new owners could say the same, but we are taken delivery with the messed up fobs. Some guys from this post

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...363441&page=75

are providing some good alternatives to avoid an ugly looking fob, and some either said they got the keyblade by signing some waiver form.

I'll talk to my dealer tomorrow and request to get my car with normal keyblade.

On a completely unrelated subject, and i apologise in advance but i'm very intrigued by this; can you cancel dealer add ons after signing? I signed on tuesday and i don't think i need extended warranty and interior protection and some more.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:41 AM   #46
Allstar_2SS_14

In would think you can get out of the extras depending on the state you live if you haven't taken possession of the car yet. They always get you with the extra warranty .I think that's how they make money on new cars. When I got mine few months back there was $2k cash back and the dealer didn't want to give that to me. They thought I didn't know about it or something. Anyhow , if you fight them you can get out of anything.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:48 AM   #47
josh11293

Drives: 2014 Crystal Red Camaro 2SS
(:

just in case everyone hasn't seen this, another member just posted this. It looks us who havent got our cars yet can finally go get them today

Originally Posted by serows1
Update to the recall, they added this note:

Pages 2 and 3, June 2014 Bulletin No.: 14294A

Note: If a customer declines this recall repair, please make sure that he/she fully understands the possible consequences.
“There is a risk, under certain conditions, that some drivers may bump the ignition key with their knee and unintentionally move the key away from the “run” position. If this occurs, engine power, and power braking will be affected and power steering may be affected, increasing the risk of a crash. The timing of the key movement out of the “run” position, relative to the activation of the sensing algorithm of the crash event, may result in the airbags not deploying, increasing the potential for occupant injury in certain kinds of crashes.”
If the customer still refuses, provide the customer with a copy of the “Notice to Customer” document contained in this bulletin. Record “customer declined recall repair” on the repair order and, if possible, have the customer sign the repair order. Retain this repair order at the dealership.

And here is the copy of the notice:

REPRODUCE LOCALLY - PROVIDE TO CUSTOMERS WHO REFUSE RECALL REPAIR
Notice to Customer
General Motors released this safety recall in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act because a defect that relates to motor vehicle safety exists in your vehicle.
It was implemented to address the potential consequences of that some drivers may bump the ignition key with their knee and unintentionally move the key away from the “run” position. If this occurs, engine power and power braking will be affected and the power steering may be affected, increasing the risk of a crash. The timing of the key movement out of the “run” position, relative to the activation of the sensing algorithm of the crash event, may result in the airbags not deploying, increasing the potential for occupant injury in certain kinds of crashes.
Even though you have declined to have this safety recall performed on your vehicle, please be advised that if you change your mind, your GM dealer will always be available to complete recall 14294 in accordance to the recall notification letter.
As part of this declination process, your dealer will ask you to document your refusal to have Safety Recall 14294 performed on your vehicle by signing a Repair Order stating “customer declined recall repair”. You will be given a copy of this document for your records. Of course, your signature is voluntary but doing so will help prevent the mailing of recall reminder notices to you as the current owner of record.
If you sell this vehicle, you should advise the buyer that this safety recall was not performed on the vehicle and that the recall repair is still available. This notice should also be placed in the glove box so that a future owner of this vehicle will be aware of this safety recall.
josh11293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:05 AM   #48
Alfred15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar_2SS_14 View Post
In would think you can get out of the extras depending on the state you live if you haven't taken possession of the car yet. They always get you with the extra warranty .I think that's how they make money on new cars. When I got mine few months back there was $2k cash back and the dealer didn't want to give that to me. They thought I didn't know about it or something. Anyhow , if you fight them you can get out of anything.
Thank you i will tell them i don't want the extras anymore, after all the worse thing that can happen is that we don't agree and end up in bad terms and cancel the deal haha.
And regarding the change in the key, i'm hoping they haven't cut the original key from the original fob yet, i might still be able to keep the keyblade.

Last edited by Alfred15; 06-27-2014 at 11:01 AM.
Old 06-27-2014, 02:17 PM   #49
Jonny Camaro

Drives: 1968 Camaro 1992 Camaro 2014 Camaro
Picking up car today. Have to sign waiver saying I am aware of recall. Then I can drive it off lot. Very excited first new Camaro since 1992.
Jonny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:47 PM   #50
Allstar_2SS_14

Nice. Enjoy the beast.

Tags
camaro, recall, undeliverable